Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

In Readiness

Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

In Readiness Empty In Readiness

Post by Ci Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:02 am

Striding boldly along the hallway of the South Tower Ciar felt more determined than she had felt in a long time. Today she had read the Animagus book for the seventh time and felt like she was more than ready to go back to the Highmaster's office for the next step of her training.

The book tucked securely under her arm and wand in it's upper arm holster the teen felt ready to face anything. She mounted the steps to the office and soon stood before the door. Raising a hand she knocked hard three times against the wooden door, before stepping back and waiting for a response.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

In Readiness Empty Re: In Readiness

Post by The Mel Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 am

"Enter," Sacha responded to the knock at his office door.

"Ah, Miss Whelan. I was wondering when I'd be seeing you, again." He had been anticipating the girl's visit for the last several days, really. "I trust you have studied the book I loaned you thoroughly?"
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:17 am

Pushing open the door when she was bid to enter Ciar closed it behind her as she nodded in greeting to the Highmaster. Making her way to his desk she placed the book on the wooden surface with a soft thump. "Seven times, sir," she replied slipping her hands behind her back. "Every page from cover to cover, not skipping the footnotes or appendices."

She rolled her shoulders back and stood a little taller. "You can test me on anything I've read, sir. I know the book better than most could ever hope to." Ciar's grey eyes gleamed in challenge and she almost dared Professor Rusnak to test her.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Sacha gave a minute nod of approval. "Fine. Well done," he said. "Then, you will have no problem telling me what the most important thing to keep in mind for the animagus transformation would be. According to the book, that is."

The man rose from his seat, moving around his desk to lean against the front corner. "I have a different opinion as to what is most vital to effective, and safe, animagus change. A clever girl like yourself, perhaps you would be able to ascertain what that would be."
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:17 pm

"Focus," the teen answered effortlessly. "The book spends an inordinate amount of time repeating itself on how focus is the most important aspect of the transformation and I find that I'm not surprised that you dispute that." She rubbed a finger across her nose both in thought and to quell an itch at the tip.

Returning her hand to behind her back, Ciar thought for a moment. "I'm not sure I could figure out what you think, sir, seeing as you have more experience than I, but I believe that you need to have confidence in yourself. If you aren't confident in your abilities and who you are inside then you'll never be able to find your innermost self. That's what an Animagus form represents isn't it, sir? The physical being that you are inside?"
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:21 am

Sacha listened to the girl's response, inclining his head in approval.

"In a sense," he said, "though, there are some people who can achieve more than one Animagus form. But generally, one's form is something which represents his or her self.

"Confidence is indeed vital to Animagus transformation. In fact, it is very nearly the same as my own perspective on the matter. Knowing oneself - having confidence in the person that you are. My reasoning for this, however, is not wholly related to achieving one's Animagus form, but rather returning from it. Why do you suppose I say that?"
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:59 am

Nodding in understanding Ciar furrowed her brow and nibbled on her bottom lip in thought. She wasn't quite sure how knowing oneself had to deal with returning back to regular form from Animagus form. The cogs of her brain chugged and cranked. Unless the person got so caught up in the animalistic tendacies that they lost themselves.

"What if someone can't revert back because they don't remember who they are," the teen asked. "If they lose themselves in the transformation will they never turn back human again?" Ciar nibbled her lip as her grey eyes grew shiny in thought.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

"Rare," Sacha confirmed, stepping away from his desk, "but it does happen. For some, being in animagus form is easier than facing their reality. The thing is that a wizard or a witch is a person, not an animal.

"Therefore, it is most important to know yourself, and the things that make you a person. Losing your humanity is never a good thing, Miss Whelan. I've seen it happen. It isn't pretty."
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 am

For a moment Ciar's resolve faltered. She swallowed thickly as she thought about that certain consequence. Being an animal would be better than reality but she wasn't ready to lose her humanity over it. Especially if it wasn't pretty. While she was used to grusome sights and had a twisted sense of humour herself Ciar wasn't one to want to test such a consequence if even the Highmaster didn't like it.

Inwardly berating herself for wavering the teen steeled her eyes and squashed the self doubt, fear, and uncertainty under the heel of her dragon hide boot. "I can do it," Ciar said determinedly. "I'm sure of it." She held herself a bit straighter and her eyes danced with a firey spirit.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 am

"I've little doubt that you can," Sacha agreed easily.

"So, confidence and focus acquired, what would be the first step, Miss Whelan? You've studied and prepared as best as you possibly can. What do you actually do first to accomplish your goal of becoming an animagus?"
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 am

Ciar gulped. Now it was time to start and she felt lost. The book had covered theory and more complex topics but hadn't gone in depth on how to begin learning how to be an Animagus. It said that each witch and wizard was unique in their way to begin their transformation. The teen wasn't sure where to begin but she knew she had to try.

"Ummm," she hummed lightly. "Would it be constructive to meditate and perhaps find onesself before even attempting a transformation. That way you know what traits the transformation is likely to draw from and it could help in discovering what animal the person would become." Ciar reached up and scratched her head. "Would that be an adequate place to start? Since it's not an exact spell; it's more like a releasing of a different part of yourself."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:36 am

Sacha rewarded the girl with a small smile. "That's where I, myself, started," he said. "And it is where my mentor began as well.

"Focus on meditation and finding yourself, Miss Whelan. Once you feel confident, we shall move to the next step."
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 am

Ciar's spirit soared when the highmaster gave her a smile. It was rare that these smiles were given at all to students other than his son and she felt ecstatic to have been on the receiving end of one. Now it was time to prove that she was ready for the next step. She wouldn't disappoint.

Knowing almost instinctually what she had to do Ciar lowered her head before dropping silently to all fours her fingers spread wide against the flagstone, her knees and boots touching the floor to keep her well grounded. She was used to meditation techniques that she used in her training, especially in hand to hand combat, to drain her body of emotion and focus inwards to attain inner peace. Her head hung lower than her shoulders, her chin tucked naturally against her chest.

Evening out her breathing Ciar felt her body relaxing. With each exhale the emotions and stresses streamed out of her body, following the lines of her arms and legs to flow into the flagstone and join with the castle's living magical pulse. The teen's breathing and heartbeat matched the steady thrum of the castle's magic as it flowed through the school. Allowing herself to be completely vulnerable Ciar opened the door to her inner self and allowed it to flood her soul. She saw the loyalty she showed to people she was close to, the manipulativeness, the cunning, how tempermental she was, the yearning for family and love, the sadistic streak, the part that cared more for animals then humans, and finally she saw how lonely she was. A dull, greiving howl seemed to erupt from her soul as she realized how truly lonely she was.

As she pulled away from the flood Ciar felt the feeling return to her limbs as she returned to the physical body. Her hands clenched into fists but she remained almost motionless on the floor trying to comprehend what she had just realized and the howl that had just shattered everything she had ever known about herself.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Sacha crouched down beside the girl, arms resting lightly on his knees. He watched her silently for a moment longer before speaking.

"Well done, Miss Whelan," he said. "I think that will be all for today. Continue meditating, though, perhaps a little less... intently, until you have grown more accustomed to do so." The man rose to his feet, again, offering a hand to help the girl up.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 am

Ciar glanced up into the seemingly understanding face of the Highmaster. Slipping her hand trustingly in his she allowed him to pull her to her feet. Taking back her hand the teen looked down at the ground. "I didn't know that would happen," she admitted. "I meditate before I train, but it's never been that intense." If anything Ciar was embarrassed she had lost so much control in front of someone she held in great esteem. It was hard to earn her respect but this man had done it from the first day she had entered Durmstrang.

She nibbled her lip for a moment, confused by the subtle praise. Most of the time she was criticised, rebuked, and degraded for the way she did things, but the Highmaster was almost praising her. Shaking off her sudden hesitancy Ciar asked, "So we will continue this when I return from the holidays, yes? Since it is almost the end of school now."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Sacha gave a confirming nod. "That would be correct, Miss Whelan," he said. "I look forward to hearing what you discover of yourself.

"Do have a good summer."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am