Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Let the Games Begin

Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Let the Games Begin Empty Let the Games Begin

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Kas ran around the arenia slowly, not entirely sure what his goal was.

Usually he wasn't a runner - usually he was, he'd admit it, rather lazy - but he needed, just needed....

He needed to straighten things out - think things through, fix things.

He needed to fix things.

And somehow running helped him do that. When he did get up, and work on it, running seemed to push the world around him away.

At this time, the young man was so focused in his own head, he wasn't aware of the person watching him.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Let the Games Begin Empty Re: Let the Games Begin

Post by gigi Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 am

Paloma was sitting, sweaty, on the floor. She'd spent the whole morning running around the arena, it was just her thing. Running, Quidditch, dancing, swimming. . . she loved every one of those activities. They helped clear her head, she felt better.

She gulped down the water in her waterbottle as she watched a man running. He seemed rather. . . distracted. Paloma wondered what he was thinking of. Or trying not to think of.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Kas continued his circet, just breathing in and out, completely focused on his self, and would have stayed that way if he hadn't lost his footing over a stray crack, and tripped sprawling on the ground.

He let out a slight oof, and a groan, before rolling onto his back and just laying on the ground staring up at the sky.

He took one deep breath and then another, letting the world come crashing back to him.

He was an idiot.

That was the first thing that came back to him.

The second thing was that he needed to find a way to fix it - if he ever could.

The third? Well that's when he turned his head and noticed the girl.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Paloma was looking around at the other people in the arena when she heard a thud. Turning her head immediately, she saw the man she was observing before sprawled out on the ground.

Tripped. She chuckled to herself, she'd done that many times in the past. Getting up and placing her waterbottle down near her bag, she walked to the man.

"Are you alright?" she asked him.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Kas blinked up at the girl for a moment. She looked young enough that she could have been one of his students, however he wasn's surprise that he was having trouble placing whether she was or not. Observant he had never been.

"My ego's a bit bruised," he he laughed a bit, "But the rest of me seems to be intack. I'm sure I'll survive."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:18 am

Paloma laughed and looked around. "It's okay," she whispered, "I'm pretty sure no one else saw you. I think your ego will be alright."

She frowned. He looked familiar. Not as in 'we had some classes together' familiar, he was too old to be a student, but more of a . . . 'I've seen you around the corridors and during a few meals at the staff table' type of familiar. "Do you teach at Durmstrang, by any chance?" she asked him.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

"I don't know," he laughed as he pulled himself into a sitting postition, "My ego is rather large and highly sensitive.... I think that might make in inflamed."

He laughed at his own joke, and ran a hand through his hair.

"By chance I certainly do. I am the potions master, if you can believe that. I still can't believe anyone gave me a job of resposibility."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Paloma shook her head, "Poor ego. Maybe put a bit of ice there? Or time. . . time heals everything, it's what they say."

"Potions master," she repeated, "That explains why you look only sort of familiar, not enough to have been a professor of mine. I hate potions."
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 am

Kas smiled turned slightly sad. He could think of something time wasn't going to be healing - not without some help from him - possibly not even with the help.

How had he let himself be so stupid.

"Truth be told," he whispered, smiling slightly, "I was never much of a fan of potions as a student either - I more enjoyed trying to find ways to blow them up."

He let out a little laugh.

"But as it turns out, you end up learning a lot about how potions work when you attempt to find a way to blow them up."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Paloma watched as his smile saddened and wondered if she'd done something she wasn't supposed to. "Did I. . . say something wrong?" she asked, biting her lips, "If yes, I'm so sorry."

She laughed a bit, "I bet you do. But I'm not a fan of blowing things up either. I just can't understand how these things work. . . it's like cooking. Which I suck at, as well."

Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 pm

He looked at the girl and smiled, shaking his head, "NO, no not at all."

"Well... I can't say I was ever a wonderful cook... again, blowing things up," he grinned, "But... when you need a job, you work with what you've got."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:58 pm

"Ah," Paloma said, looking at him warily, "Alright then."

She shook her head and grinned, "I'd be a sucky potions Professor."
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Kasper laughed, "Truth be told, I don't think I'm all that great of a professor of anything. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly I fooled people into thinking I was responsible enough for taking care of children."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

"Well, you can't be that bad, can you?" Paloma said, "Or else they would have fired you already." She added, "Plus, I have some friends who are good at potions. They couldn't be good without a good professor."

She looked around the arena, all the people playing sports, running, sword-fighting. . . "Do you like coming here?" Paloma asked.

Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:31 am

"Well thank you for the vote of confidence," he smiled slightly. "Even if you're bad maybe I'll see you in my class sometime - I'm sure we could get you better than you think you are - and then you can judge for yourself."

He looked around him. "I actually do; its a good place to think - working things out."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 am

Paloma shook her head, "Not this year. I'll be at Hogwarts for the school year, and I don't think taking potions there would give them a very good first impression of me."

She nodded and looked at the ground, "It sure is. Strange how you can clear your mind while running. . . "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm