Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

hardly anything left for you to see

Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

hardly anything left for you to see Empty hardly anything left for you to see

Post by Marianne Delancy Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 pm

It still hurt.

It wasn't supposed to anymore. The Healers had done their job. They'd returned the professor back into her previous state. She looked as if the entire ordeal in London had never happened.

But just because she wasn't doused in her own blood and lying in the snow didn't mean it hadn't happened. Every time she closed her eyes, it was green ones she saw. And her body ached, as if she was still under some sort of physical strain.

Groaning, Marianne stopped walking, sitting down on a jutting rock, brown eyes staring around dully. To a passerby, the women of Korean descent simply seemed deep in thought. And she was, but the thoughts that ran through her head...

She'd spent days, every waking moment wondering why. Why her? The selfish part of her wanted them to have went after someone else, but the more she thought, the more she realized that that couldn't have happened.

They'd only began attacking her when she'd turned down the leader's proposition. She'd told him about her sexuality, and he'd almost beaten her to death for it.

Her breath hitching, the Prideux head of house put her head in her hands, her mumbled words to the snow and the sky nothing more than a testament of the simple, heart-breaking truth. "I got beat up because I'm gay."

She closed her eyes, almost as if she was trying to shield away from the words, but it was true. She knew it was.
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

hardly anything left for you to see Empty Re: hardly anything left for you to see

Post by Bennett Cooper Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Strolling wasn't a word Bennett felt inclined to use often. Many a times it had appeared that he was merely strolling - appearing to do what he really was doing, would have been a sure way to lose - but that was all things were, a facade.

All anything was, really, when you got right down to it, was an illusion, a spell put out by others. Nothing one saw was ever really real. This whole world was built upon one self-perpetuated lie after another.

Still, as he walked past her, the muttered words meant to be heard by no one and yet reached his ears caused the man to pause, a frown crossing his face, something black and dangerous darkening his usually bright gaze.

Stiffly, he turned.

"And if you let that get to you, then they've already won."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

hardly anything left for you to see Empty Re: hardly anything left for you to see

Post by Marianne Delancy Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 am

She hadn't noticed the man. She hadn't noticed his approach, she hadn't noticed him period. Not until he'd overheard her words. Her eyes flying open, her throat beginning to constrict and she instinctively shuffled away from him, managing to keep upright on the large rock.

"Haven't they already?" Marianne murmured, biting her lip. "They came this close to killing me," she raised the index finger and thumb of her dominant hand, holding them millimetres apart. "I think I deserve to at least not want it to happen again."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:56 pm

"You do deserve that," a solemn nod of his head emphasized his words. "They deserve to have the same turned on them, in my humble opinion. That's why I walked over. That, and I could never resist a pretty face, even when I already heard I had no chance with her."

His favourite grin, pearly white's flashing, and he held out his hand to her.

"Hey there, Bennett Cooper, Deputy Minister." He still couldn't believe that he hadn't been canned or replaced after disappearing for years. He would have thought that he they would have replaced him at least. But he had slipped back into his old job with complete ease. There was no underestimating the determination of some people to see the best in you.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am

"I think they did, actually." Marianne murmured, bringing her knees up to her chest. Hadn't Bonnie mentioned something about beating them up? But it wasn't much of a comfort. "I'm sure - I know - they deserved it. But still, it's not making me feel any better."

She let out a little snort of laughter at his comment, a small smile working across her face for a moment. Blinking uncertainly at his hand for a moment, she slowly reached out and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Deputy Minister." Her lips quirked upwards for a moment. "I'm Marianne Delancy, Professor of Magical Beasts and Head of Prideux at Beauxbatons."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 pm

"Mr. Deputy Minister, nice ring to it. Maybe I'll drop Bennett all together and go with that," his grin only seemed to light up further, "It would certainly shorten my introductions, wouldn't it."

He gave a wink, and a short laugh before taking his hand back. Bennett's gaze lingered on the woman for a moment, not entirely concern behind the gaze, and neither was it desire - after all, had he not just heard he had no chance? Not even he was foolish enough to try - but there was certainly a level of curiosity about it.

"Ah, the beautiful woman cares for our youth," Pulling out his wand, he quickly conjured a delicate rose which he held out to the girl. "I've found in my very adventurous life, that often only time and a little positive affirmation heals wounds. That and a strong glass of alcohol."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 am

Marianne let out another snort of laughter, unable to help the grin that spread across her face. "Sure, but there are people out there who like who for who you are, not just because of what you do."

Tilting her head slightly at him, she looked up at him, curiosity written all over her face. Was there a reason she was being stared at? Was he going to -?

She shook away the irrational thoughts. She was just being hopelessly paranoid.

Beautiful? Unable to help the brush that crawled across her skin, she ducked her head shyly, murmuring a thank you as she took the rose. "They are the leaders of the future, after all." Hugging herself, she stared down at the rose. "Well, I wish time would speed up a little."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm

"Everybody likes me darling," he announced with an ease that said he both believed it, and yet could have been joking. It was a tone that Bennett had spent his life perfecting. One of the few talents he actually showed off. Most of the accomplishments that held more stature, he kept hidden.

Her blush was charming really. She didn't believe him. Bennett had a particular fond spot for the woman who didn't believe his compliments. Sure the confident ones had their merits as well, but the shy ones needed the attention more.

"Don't we all," the man responded, leaning back against the bench, sprawling his long arms along the back, "Don't we all?"
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 pm

"Sure they do," the woman teased, grinning up at him. If only she could go back to a time where she could at least pretend that was true. But it seemed the attack had made Marianne cynical.

Spinning the flower between her fingers, the former Prideux hummed softly. The flower was so small, so very fragile. As beautiful as it was, the world would find a way to crush it. It was really just a matter of time.

"Not always," she murmured, raising her gaze up to Bennet. "Sometimes, when everything's going great, you want time to just stop."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 pm

"You sound doubtful. Am I just going to have to prove my charisma to you?" Bennett was completely at ease. There was very little in life that phased him any more as it was. He was just the sort of man who would take anything in stride.

However when talking about himself, nothing could keep him more naturally in check.

"It seems we never want time to do just what it does. I fear we are far too demanding a creatures of time. Its hardly far."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 am

"Yes," Marianne grinned, leaning towards the man, her eyes sparkling for the first time in weeks. It was nice being around him. Maybe shutting herself off from her friends was doing more harm than good. "Show me what you got."

She hummed, thoughts swirling around. "It's funny; with all the magic we have, we haven't found a way to manipulate time yet."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

He made a face, placing a hand across his heart, "Are you trying to say that you haven't found me completely charming thus far? I fear I'm losing my touch if all my delightful conversation has been going to waste."

He kept that expression on his face for another minute, before a smile broke through, and he couldn't help but laugh, and wink.

"Its no problem. I will wear you down eventually Miss Delancy."

Her question was a interesting one. His expression deepened as he truly thought about it.

"I feel, that Time might be the one thing that's above magical manipulation. Time turners of course, manipulated time, though they too were fraught with problems. It not clear cut time - not a straight line, at least I don't think so. I feel like its always more... wibbly wobbly."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 am

She grinned up at him, choosing then to pull herself off the rock to plop down on the bench beside him. "I wouldn't say it's all gone to waste," she laughed, nudging him softly. "But yes, if it won't inflate your ego too much, I will admit that I rather like you, Bennett."

Marianne shrugged her shoulders, her brown eyes glittering. "If you say so."

She nodded along to her words. Time turners ... she'd never actually seen one in real life, but she'd always found them rather cool. "I don't think time really makes all that much sense. Or at least, I don't understand it." She let out an amused chuckle, shaking her head. "Especially when time travel's involved. Paradoxes and all."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm

"As long as I get to keep those words, my ego will stay completely unaffected," he leaned forward to add in a whisper, "Between you and me, I don't think it can get much bigger, do you?"

He flashed her another wink, and pulled back with a laugh.

"Oh Timeturners aren't that much to look at really; just some metal and magic, its what's done with them that's interesting. Oh, yes, but don't you love a good paradox. Who knows, the world could even be saved with a paradox or two."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Marianne shook her head, amused. He really was rather funny. She'd only known him for a matter of minutes, but so far, she was enjoying his company. "I'd be rather surprised if it could."

Being able to go back in time....She hummed softly, for a moment caught up in just what she'd do differently if she had that chance. "Ever used one?" she asked, tilting her head up at him. "If you say so," she laughed. "I wouldn't have the slightest idea what was going on."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Bennett shook his head, "No, I believe time shouldn't be messed with; the past has already happened, even if we don't like it, I think we should leave it there, don't you?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"And why try to go to the future too soon? I'll get there soon enough, and I think I'd like it to be a surprise."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

"I guess that's true," she said slowly, tilting her head up at the sky. "They do say that negative experiences make you a better, stronger person." And hadn't they? Losing a friend had at least made her realize how much all her living ones mattered.

Maybe getting attacked would do the same?

"Still, I can't wait for the future," she muttered, glancing back at Bennett.
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm

"Everything can make you stronger if you look at it in the right light. Its hard, impossible for some, maybe, but the potential is always there. Just like I said before, time and fire whiskey."

He offered her a quick sincere smile, "It will come soon enough. You don't get any real benefit of just jumping right in anyway. "
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 pm

"Firewhisky sounds like a good idea right about now," she murmured, brushing dark hair out of her eyes. It wasn't as if time was going to work anytime soon.

Fast and speedy recoveries might not always happen, but it was exactly what she wanted.

"Expect, you know, you get to be happy again," Marianne pointed out, shrugging her shoulders.
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:46 am

"But do you? Do you really?" he glanced over at the woman arching an eyebrow, "If you jump into the future right now, skipping everything that happens between now and then, you'd still be yourself as you are now. You'd not know, or have experienced any of those things that made you happy."

He leaned back a thoughtful look on his usually bright face, "No, I don't think we can skip our lives, even with magic."

"However, I might be able to help on the firewhiskey."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:04 pm

She paused for a moment, listening to his words. Yes, she had to admit, there was a grain of truth to it. If she went into the future, she'd be just as miserable and broken as she was now.

"But being patient and just waiting for time to do its job is just - painful. I never did like waiting." Marianne frowned down at her fingers, clasping her hands together. Even as a child, she'd wanted the world to hurry up and do something. Patience was never something that came easy to her.

"Tell me," she grinned, inclining her head at him. "I'm all ears."
    Bennett Cooper
    Bennett Cooper
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Bennett Cooper Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 pm

[OCC - Oh, wow. Totally had a epic brain death or something. Sorry bout that. Try not to happen again.]

Flashing a cheeky grin, Bennett stood, bowing elaborately to the woman, holding out his hand.

"Well, its a charming little pub down the way, who's owner has had his eye on me for measurable ages. He's always willing to give me and my friends free drinks," he raised an eyebrow to that, "Now how can you turn down an offer like that? See, I'm generous as well as devilishness attractive."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 am

Grinning up at him, she took his hand, pulling herself up. Brushing snow off of her winter coat and jeans, she hummed softly. Though she really wasn't the biggest drinker, now was just one of those situations where it fit.

Laughing softly, she tilted her head, pretending to be deep in thought. "Hmmm, that does seem to be an offer that I just can't refuse." Returning her gaze to him, Marianne smirked, "But I'm going to say that the attractive comment is up to debate."

Holding out her hand, she beamed. "Lead on, Deputy."

((All is forgiven.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 am