Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+3
Sel
Afonka Alkaev
Faye Beneparte
7 posters

What's in a Last Name?

Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

What's in a Last Name? Empty What's in a Last Name?

Post by Faye Beneparte Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Right, so...

This is the section of the site where I explain my current brain plot, and you tell me if I'm stupid or not Razz

This was a thought I actually had a long time ago, but I forgot about again until now (And it messed better with some old ideas I didn't go through with)

But, Faye had never really felt part of her family for assorted reasons I don't really think I need to explain here.

So... I was kind of thinking she might drop her last name, possible run away from them of sorts. There was a plot direction where she faked/told her family she died (From the cancer) since she figured she didn't care.

Yeah...

Don't really know what I expect you all to say to that Razz But I suppose I'll just put it out there. I have no idea what last name she'd use instead... and I'm still not sure about the dead part but ... yeah...

Any feed back any of you have would be completely flawless Very Happy
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

What's in a Last Name? Empty Re: What's in a Last Name?

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Ooh, I like this idea. Very Happy

But if she ran away/faked her death, what'd she do about school? Drop out? Or would there be a suspiciously similar girl to Faye walking around Durmy's halls? Razz
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:11 pm

'Tis not a bad idea at all JJeh. I'm sort of planning too to drop Eye's last name since she's hating her father and she thinks he disowned her. And I wonder which to use, her mom's, or whatever. But she also hates her mom a bit.

I think you can like search for surnames that describe you or have a meaning behind it that explains Faye. In my opinion. c:
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Nah Fonny Razz I think she figured her parents wouldn't bother looking. So she was just going to tell her parents she died... not care about the rest of the world Razz

And Iris - oo, I like that. I shall keep that noted!!!

Thank you Very Happy

Anyone else?
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm

It's an awesome idea, Jill. xD As for the last name, I think she should get a name that's not at all related to her family. Something new and fresh, where she can feel that she's a different and better person than those she's related to.

Who knows, it might make her feel good. =]

Please note that this is just my personal opinion and you are free to disregard it. xP
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 am

The plot sounds good JJ, but the fact that I wanted to point is that there are already a number of people who have plots where their charries diaapear/die/change their names like Julian and Kait (and Ksenia who had gone under a false name ever since I created her). This is the only minus that I see in this thing. You need to keep this in mind when you are thinking of doing a plot like this.

Why doesn't she just legally separate herself from her family? That could be an interesting story as well.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 am

I like Nia's idea too... except some people have already separated herself from their families. Like Lena, and Julian soon, and a bunch of other people I can't seem to remember...

A new alter ego is a pretty good idea, but then Kendera with her 38457329457982 inners, and Savvy with Honey and Ava, and Lena with Ashling...

Um... I do think changing her name is a good idea, overall, so we haaave to keep that. Since the Hansoffs view Faye as scum, perhaps she could do something so offensive towards them and then they decided to disown her.

I also stumbled upon a song named Nemo by Nightwish, and this line:

Nemo my name forevermore.

Nemo is forget in Latin, and I thought: What if Faye had no name at all?

Perhaps when her family disowns her, Faye gives up of names. She doesn't want to carry the name Hansoff anymore; she can't. The name 'Faye' was given to her by her parents, and if they disown her, why would she want any ties that link her to them? That might be when she decides not to have a name at all, and simply goes by a moniker (fail spelling) about her hair or the disease she once had.

Not sure how it sounds. Razz
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Obviously since everyones pointing out other people who've done this I should just be like "fuck them people do what you want" buuuut

I like the original idea. Faye fakes her death and changes her last name. Coolio.

Come be a Beneparte like us cool kids.

Or a Kirke Razz Mora would adopt you.

Heeee
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm

RIGHT! I have come to my decision. Thank you all for your various imputs, and thoughts. It made me feel slightly less insane about my plots, and what not.

Le - I like your idea, its a very neat. I would be tempted to take it, if I wasn't so attached to the name Faye Razz I always really liked it, I think its my favourite. I'm already half heart Broken over losing the Hasoff, I don't know if I can handle demolishing both in one go Razz

Nia - your oppinion is duely (Is that how you spell that?) noted, and respected. I do appriciate some originality in plots, but this time I think I'm doing it more for the sake of its what my character feels she needs to do to grow, than just sort of a spicing up my life. So in this case, I think I'm going to go through with it even if its sort of been done a couple times

At the moment, she is just going to send an owl to her parents saying either she died or just Screw you I'm disowning myself (I haven't decided which yet Razz) and then just drop Hansoff all togthere, and go by just Faye until something better comes along.

That being said it leads us to, Karma's imput.

Karma - If Tre (or mora, or however you want to work this) wants to offer his last name, I think Faye might be open to it. I know we were orriginally going to just go use the thread we have, but I think its slightly belated now (So the fact the Faye was still using hansoff after the fact might be little muddy) Soo, Tre can post, to le thread... I will spam, in a few minutes... when I get around to writing it Razz

And I think thats all the imput I need to respond to/ all I needed to say.

*nods*
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Oh look a wild thread

Right, Karm, if you want to save Faye from her fate of... oddly short, alone name Razz Go post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 pm