Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

i've got this thing where i lack a life.

Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

i've got this thing where i lack a life. Empty i've got this thing where i lack a life.

Post by Faith Forendis Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Faith had heard about the place, and at first assumed that it would be sorta lame. But, upon arriving, she inhaled the scent of fresh parchment and felt like she was falling in love. The girl loved a good book, that's for sure, and she also loved sitting in a quiet corner doing absolutely nothing but losing herself in the pages of a novel.

It took a while for Faith to find herself a book that grabbed her fancy. The phrase "don't judge a book by its cover" meant about as much as people's attitudes towards her rather thick cast on her leg and scar up the side of her face did to her, and when she found one with a hard, grey cover she picked it out. There was a swirly title, written in a beautiful gold that read "The Rose's Thorn." Well, it seemed to be about pain. And what wasn't fun about that?

Sitting down in a secluded corner all alone, she turned the first page and read along. Every rose has thorns. Everything pretty has a spike. Everything nice has a jagged edge.

Last edited by Faith Forendis on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Monae Sterling
    Monae Sterling
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

i've got this thing where i lack a life. Empty Re: i've got this thing where i lack a life.

Post by Monae Sterling Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 am

Monae needed a good read, and going to Dostoevskogo seemed like a good place. People spoke of the good books, for fiction and non-fiction, and the variety of books it had. The place had mostly rare books, one of a kinds. Sure it would be expensive, but Monae had the money.

Pushing the door open, a bell ringed signaling a new customer. The air smelling musty and of parchment, she walked towards a bookcase in the back. If her logic was right, the bookcase farthest away typically was ignored. So the good books had to be there.

Grabbing one book with a ivy colored design on it, Monae saw a girl sitting in the corner. She raised an curious eyebrow and put back the book. The Hitrost walked towards the girl, then leaned against the bookcase.

"What are you reading?"
    Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

i've got this thing where i lack a life. Empty Re: i've got this thing where i lack a life.

Post by Faith Forendis Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Head totally and utterly engrossed in what she was reading, Faith didn't hear anyone enter the bookstore. She didn't hear the little 'ding' of the bell, and so her head didn't snap up at the sound. Her eyes traveled across the page quickly as her mind lost itself in the old, coloring pages and her hands turned them with a strange delicacy that she usually kept for seeing Lilli.

She'd heard the footsteps of someone else coming to be back of the shop and yet she didn't feel it necessary to acknowledge them in any way. Not even batting an eyelid as the other girl came up to her and leaned against the bookshelf, Faith stayed perfectly still.

Until she spoke.

Then, her senses just went absolutely bat-shit crazy. The book fell to the floor and her hands clenched into fists. "Thank you," she hissed sarcastically, picking the book up lightly. She un-clenched her hands and looked up at her, eyes narrowed. "I was reading this," she muttered, holding the cover up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm