Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

I Run to You

JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

I Run to You Empty I Run to You

Post by JJeh Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 pm

The sock on her shoeless foot was worn through by the time she stopped. The exposed skin had gotten beaten enough to have become red and irritated. It was swelling with a blister, and she was lucky that the pavement hadn't broken the skin open. Though with several other wounds - the ones on her palms were still slowly oozing blood - the bottom of her foot was the least of her concerns.

What had caused her to stop right there at that moment, Juliet did not know; discomfort would be the most logical answer, but to be honest, she hardly noticed any of the pain she should have. Juliet was just tired, and the small empty playground was there Enclosed as it was, away from the street but not so far that no one would hear her scream, the place felt as safe as any other could at the moment.

Limping across the soft grass adrenaline falling into shame and grief finally allowing her to feel the pain of each step, she ignored the rusty and unstable looking play structure in favour of the swings, looking more liable to hold her weight. Folding into the soft seat, she wrapped both arms around the chain, leaving a smear of blood where both hands grasped them, and hung her head. Her long hair created a veil between herself and the world, hiding the slow trickle of tears rolling down her face. Their salt was irritating the hairline cut stretching from just below her left eye to somewhere about her jaw, but that could not convince her to stop.

Juliet couldn't go home; facing her mentors disappointment at what she had allowed to be done to her was worse than the fact that it had happened. The only reason she wasn't dead at this moment was because something else had stopped that girl. If she had been left to her own devices, she would be dead right now.

She could have died

She should have died.

Those were the thoughts that came to her as she pushed herself with her still covered foot; the motion should have been comforting, if she'd allow herself to be comforted. But with her great wall of shame came also guilt. It wasn't a new guilt, but one that she had been living with for a long time now. This wasn't the first time she should have died. This wasn't the first time she had been spared through no action of her own. And last time, she hadn't been the only there.

Just the only one to survive.

Survivors Guilt.

Juliet hadn't completely shaken it then, and now it was back again. What was so special about her? Why did she always seem to live when statistically its known that she shouldn't?

Breath hitching as she attempted to get her limbs to stop shaking, but it was to no avail. Suddenly she froze. There was someone in her park. Her head snapped up and met the familiar gaze of the new comer. As soon as that had happened, her head was ducked again, attempting to hide once more.

She didn't want to see him, not like this. She didn't deserve to see him. But when she tired tot tell him to go nothing came out of her trembling lips but a bunch of stutters, half syllables, odd chocking sounds until finally the only clear intelligible statement of them all followed.

His name.
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

I Run to You Empty Re: I Run to You

Post by Alexander Dawson Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 pm

It didn't matter where he'd been, where he'd looked. He had asked her mentor about her location, and had been slightly panicked at her answer. He had run off to find her on his own before he could have gotten a proper order not to, and so here he was, having walked far and found her.

His eyes met hers with an intensity that stayed after she looked away. Stepping forward, he approached her, eyeing her carefully. "How do you feel?" He asked softly, his voice even. His fingers flittered over her, not quite touching, but analyzing, judging her injuries and not liking what he found. Finally going still, his fingers found her chin, and he gently tilted her head up, eyes searching hers before tracing over her features. His gaze lingered on the scratch on her cheek, and then he was in motion, pulling her into his arms with a careful gentleness. The muscles underneath his tattooed skin rippled slightly as he adjusted her weight to make sure she was comfortable.

"Shhh..." He shushed her, as he began to walk. He only came to the edge of the park before using his right hand to balance her, calling the Knight Bus with time honed accuracy. As the purple double decker reared into sight, he simply stepped inside, nodding to the condutor and driver and ignoring thier curoius looks.

"Upstairs is open for yeah Zandey." Called the bus boy as Zander made his way up the back and easily up the steps. The bus jolted into motion, swerving and slamming in different directions, but he was unmovable. Gently placing her onto a bed that slid by, stopping its rolling with his foot, he gazed down at her. Pulling himself onto the bed and sitting next to her with his legs crossed, he began to fully examine her, completely oblivious to the rolling of the bed beneath them. Carefully pulling the curtains on the bed closed - and therefore blocking out all the sense that they were moving but the sound of the bus and the slight brustling of it going side to side - he leaned forward and blinked at her.

"Are you alright?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

She wanted to move away, hide each scrape and every bruise so she would never have to explain where they came from, never have to explain how she had done absolutely nothing, had let the girl abuse her for her own twisted enjoyment. But nothing was missed in that sharp gaze of his, and Juliet couldn't pull away. In fact, she could feel herself gravitation towards him, not away.

Still, that didn't stop her from panicking as he picked her up, part of her sure that he was going to take her home. She couldn't go back there, not now, not like this. And she began to say so, frail shaking voice piping up with protest, until she was shushed once more, and his movement stilled. Her grip on him was ironclad, she had pressed as much of her body against his as she could, the contact, warmth from his body, seeping into her own, causing some seizing muscles to relax, as she looked at their destination with a dulled gaze. Under any other circumstances she would have been curious, it was something new to her, but at the moment she couldn't bring herself to care. It wasn't home, she wouldn't have to face her mentor, and part of her was telling her as long as Zander was there it was safe enough.

As he carried her through the roughly moving bus, she didn't notice anything, didn't care to take notice of anything. As soon as she saw someone's gaze on her she curled her face away, hid against his chest so she didn't have to watch anyone watch her, see them stare, and wonder what had happened to her.

Wonder why she hadn't been able to stop it.

Curling her knees into her chest, she pressed her cheek down on her knees, wincing as it displaced the sliced skin, before looking down at the hand like bruise that was slowly appearing on her wrist. The cuts from the talons were pressed against her legs.

Cheeks, wrist, palms and foot.

All that, and she couldn't meet the boys gaze as he blinked at her. She would look up, catch it, her vision would blur as her eyes filled and she'd look away. Slowly she began to shake her head.

"No," she wanted to lie, she didn't want to worry him, but her voice wouldn't do it, wouldn't work to her command. "No, I'm not, not really."

She met his gaze again for a moment, her eyes swimming but her neck not letting her turn away, "Zander I... I thought... I should have d-d-d-" she hiccuped over the final word - died - and gave up completely. Closing her eyes and blocking out even the small enclosed world he had created for them.
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:38 pm

His eyes were calculating as he took her in, pulling out his wand and casting a quick pain-numbing spell. She seemed... He blinked, but took her injured foot in his hand, waving his wand over it and murmuring softly. He had picked up a few things from Drea, and magical healing was one of the first subjects he had been intreiged about whwen he'd found out he was magical. It would be easy enough to heal her body, but he would have to work on her mind.

Placing the now- healed foot down onto the comfortable enough sheets, he took her hands, staying silent as he examined her palms. Slowly, the idea of what had happened was starting to form in his mind, each scratch and injury a different line of the same story. Slowly his expression was darkening, though he stayed studiously silent.

All together he froze, tensing as his eyes caught on the bruise on her wrist. The tug that brought her wrist closer to his gaze was less than gentle, even as he examined the palm size, the space between their fingers. He already had an idea of the body type and gender of the person who had-

A growl grew in his throat. "Who did this to you?"

His eyes rose to hers, and narrowed. "Oh?" He asked, tone dangerous.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm

His hands were gentle as they took each wound in turn. Every new touch brought the desire to pull away - she didn't deserve to be healed, if she couldn't have stopped it from happening, she shouldn't get healed - and the antithesis desire to fling herself at him, curl into the boys embraces and beg him to never let go. But she deserved that desire even less.

A squeak came out of her lips as she was tugged froward, opening her eyes and following his gaze on her wrist. As he used the time to image the hand that had been holding her, Juliet looked down and could see it all again, the bruise wasn't there any more, but a hand instead, simple and small yet with twice the strength that logic said it should have had. Her gaze was entranced, the past eclipsing the future, causing her heart to pound, her breath to hitch again. She loosely tried to pull her hand back, but the attempt was pathetic and his grip was firm.

"Zander," she whined softly, voice breaking as she had to close her eyes again, block out the images of the past. It was the only way to stop it. Her head shook slowly at first and the the action just kept going. "I-I d-don't, I don't k-know. She never said - just a girl, just- I-I just w-w-wanted to get home t-t-that's-t-th-"

She didn't want to do it, but the tone was so jarring, so out of place, that her eyes flickered open again and she met his narrowed gaze. For a moment she felt as scared as she had been feeling all night. Her body spasmed, a violent shuttering going through her whole body, as she tried to move her free hand to her hair, "S-she was g-going t-t-t-t-t- w-why d-d-didn't s-s-she-? W-w-why?"
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Eyes going from the bruise to her face, he watched her mounting panic, a slow sort of panic taking over him. Had he frightened her? Ignoring the voice of reason calling that notion rediculous, he frowned further. He wasn't quite sure what his emotions were doing, but he knew for the first time he felt like... like...

Like it wouldn't matter if there was one less person in the world.

Biting his lower lip, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his lap and holding her close. "I'm sorry." He murmured. "I-" I wish I could protect you "I-" I'll try harder next time "I'll make sure you're safe. You don't have to worry about her anymore."

Because I'll kill her if she even thinks to come near you again.

"Maybe some higher power decided not to take you away from me." He murmured softly. His hold on her stayed firm, a solid contrast to her shaking, a comfort in their little cut off world. "Don't-" He shifted slightly, letting his head fall forward. "Please do not think you should be- be- because I do not think I could- not without you."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Juliet resisted only for a moment; her shoulders tensed as the arms, unexpected, wrapped around her, her feet attempted to dig into the bed for half a second, as she tried to convince herself she didn't deserve comfort, then when she realized she was losing traction on the soft blankets anyway, she gave in, letting the boy pull her forward, and curling into the embrace.

Pressing her forehead against his chest, she focused on breathing, on hers and his - forcing both to fall into a pattern, the act of doing so, taking so much of her focus that she could not think of anything else for the moment.

"A-and if you're not around?" she asked softly, eyes still closed, still at least half focus on matching her breath to his, "I should have been able to at least get away. I should have... but I was useless. F-frightened. Pathetic."

In his solid grasp, her heart rate had slowed, through her systematic game her breath had levelled, and slowly her shaking was slowing down as well; Juliet was relaxing, even if her mind was still swirling with questions, worries and insecurities.

For a brief moment, however, all that stilled, and she was caught up in just his words. From me the way in which he stated that, even if it was brief, even in everything else cause some part of the back of her brain to jump. Finally opening her eyes, she tilted her head to meet his gaze. When she spoke, her voice was soft, solemn - vulnerable.

"I don't want to-to... I don't want to, but Zander, this is-isn't the f-first time I-I... it's like something wants me to-to..."

She shrugged and ducked her head, "It does not make sense; I'm not that special."
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

His hold on her tightened slightly, and his mouth fell into a thin line. His eyes caught on hers, and time seemed to slow, for the moment as if nothing existed but the two of them. He blinked, leaning a bit closer, eyes lowering to her lips.

He told himself to be content with the fact she was in his arms.

"I'll be around." he murmured. "All you have to do is hail the Knight Bus. I'll be here." He gestured to the bed around them, offering a sheepish smile. He had been sleeping there for... a while. "And think of me. You don't want to leave me do you?" As she confirmed this, he continued. "So- So yeah. Fight for me."

"You're special to me." He said softly. "I don't- You'll live forever, if I have anything to say about it."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:21 pm

She'd experienced being locked in someone else gaze many times before. Sometimes it had been frightening, others exillerating - in this very moment it had the opposite affects of both emotions. It was calming. Stuck staring at the pair of brown orbs, she was left with the ability to think of nothing but the owner of those eyes. She didn't even notice at all as her body twitched forward slightly, moving her head closer to his head - her lips closer to his lips - and then stilled with still a small gap between them.

Even calmed greatly it couldn't seem to make up its mind; in the background there were still too many emotions, fears, desires, worries and regrets dancing for control.

"Do you-" she glanced at the bed for a moment, nothing more than a flick of her eyes, a twitch before she was back to his gaze again, "Zander... you shouldn't have to sleep on a bus." Funny how even in her own distress, for she was still greatly distressed, she could not stop herself from worrying about someone else as well.

Was she moving closer to him again? Juliet hardly noticed, except for the fact that he seemed to be a lot closer than she remembered - but she could not tell you how they had gotten that way. When she spoke again, her tone soft, almost her usual light and teasing one though the note of defeated worry was still there, her were close enough to just barely graze his with each movement, "No one can live forever, Zander."
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

"I like it here." He said with a slight shrug, almost as if he could focus on anything but how close she was getting. "I- I uh- It's really nice here." He nodded slightly, lips trembling against hers as he pushed his own desires back. "I mean, it isn't bad."

"I beg to differ." Zander argued, though his voice barely moved above a whisper. "Anyone can live forever, if they make the proper sacrifices." He shivered slightly, finding it harder and harder to focus on thier conversation. His voice dropped even more as he leaned his forehead against hers. "Let a boy dream, won't you? I do not want to think of losing you."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 pm

"Not bad isn't good," she murmured, still as close as she had been before. Juliet hadn't moved back an inch, though for the moment she also didn't move forward either. She was so muddled she didn't know what she wanted. Honestly, even with out the shock she was suffering from she didn't know what she wanted. At fifteen she was getting better at behaving like she was in control of her life but the truth was she was just a kid.

Just a kid playing dress up. And sooner or later she was either going to have to catch up with her pretending, or it was going to catch up with her.

"People shouldn't have to- home. Everyone should have a home; I could maybe talk to-" the offer was derailed by her own thoughts, blinking away in her head as she continued to blink at him. Honestly she doubted she could get her mentor to do anything of the kind, but she had to offer. The fact that he slept on a bus left her very unsettled.

It wasn't fair.

Neither was the way he was distracting her. Blinking again as his forehead met hers she was lost to everything, every single thought except.

She brushed her lips softly against his, hesitant, not entirely sure what she was doing but doing it anyway.

"Who says you have to lose me?"
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:15 pm

His fingers ran through her hair, a soft disbelieving laugh flying from his lips before he could stop it. "I doubt Miss Mad would allow that." He murmured. "I don't have a good record with resisting temptation, and I enjoy living." Swallowing thickly, he gave a short nervous laugh. "Tempt me the slightest bit and I'm lost like a god on Midgard."

He leaned into her, eyes closing as his lips moved softly against hers. Some sort of emotion was tugging at his chest, pulling it in all different sorts of directions. He wasn't quite sure what it meant, but it didn't hurt - hell it was the exact opposite of hurt - and he was quite content to feel it forever, if he could. He didn't pull away, even as she did, even as she continued to speak.

"It is not that you seem so eager to place yourself in situations in which I could lose you, I am just worried because-" His murmuring paused, arms tightening around her. "-you seem almost too good to be true, sometimes."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm

"And I'm temptation?"

Her lips tingled when she finally pulled away, barely at all, she was reluctant to do so, but just enough to remember she needed to breath. A grin was spreading across her face, the first real one she had made since before she had her unfortunate run in with that girl she had never gotten a name of. For a miraculous moment, she had something that was more important to focus on than her fear, shame, and confusion.

"Me?" there was a mingle of flattered, confusion, and surprise in her voice. Juliet had never been anything to brag about in her life. Although never quite neglected, she certainly wasn't 'too good to be true', "I'm just a girl, a kid really; I don't think I'm capable of vanishing, even if I wanted to." There was a slight pause then an almost panicked addition of, "Not that I do, want to that is. I don't- I.. yeah..."
    Alexander Dawson
    Alexander Dawson
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Alexander Dawson Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:32 pm

"You would be." He sighed. "And you are. The very thought of spending every moment away from school with you is simply-" The bus slammed to a stop with a bang, and he was thrown from his place, landing flat on his back on his bed, holding Juliet close to his chest to insure her safety. He blinked up at her, confusion etched in his gaze. "..... irresistible." He finished breathlessly.

"You don't think not vanishing doesn't make you special?" He asked softly. "It is something that everyone must learn. Everyone leaves, but you..." He shook his head. "You don't."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 am

Although relaxing significantly since she had first been found in the park - the warmth of Zander, the feeling of his body close to hers intoxicating really - she was still wound up beyond belief, and the sudden jerk of the bus, more violent than the others it had been making caused her to tense up again, letting out a little screech as she fell against the boy. Her cheek remained against his chest where it had become pressed until she could slow her own heart, convince it that a jerk of a bus was not going to cause her harm, and focus again on what he had been saying before this had happened.

"Then... why resist? I've been sharing too long," a little pout was on her lips as she watched her finger run along his chest, "Maybe I'm tired of sharing." Tired and emotionally drained as she was - the day was catching up with her - Juliet didn't care about what she said, or how she sounded, all she knew was what she felt, and she was going to allow some version of that to come out of her mouth.

Sliding her cheek along, too lazy to pick it up properly and resting instead on her chin to frown at him thoughtfully, "You make me sound so... noble. Did you ever think that maybe I'm just too selfish to let people go?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am