Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Slipping Out

Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Slipping Out Empty Slipping Out

Post by Vera Parker Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am

Vera sighed, as she stood at the counter to place her order with a lackluster expression; at this time of day, with this particular sort of event, tea was the last thing she wanted to do have. But there were certain downsides to getting what she wanted.

And not having a drink was one of the things she was going to have to give up.

Managing a grin and thanking the employee - it wasn't their fault she had to be responsible. She wanted to be responsible.

It was just easier to vent about the things she couldn't do, than worry about what would happen if she could drink again. Vera still wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't lose this baby too. But being positive was what she was being encouraged to do.

So that was what she was going to do. Taking her drink to a table, away from the other customers - it was an odd time to be out, the place was mostly empty - and waited for her friend to arrive.
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Slipping Out Empty Re: Slipping Out

Post by Juliette Josse Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:16 am

Juliette had never appreciated clouds more.

She could walk around as if nothing had ever happened, as if she were human once more. Giving her head a little amused shake up at the grey sky above, she shifted her purse from one arm to the other, continuing to bounce down the street. With the weather so beautiful, why would anyone want to apparate?

Slipping into the tea shop, Vera's invite in hand, the vampire's nose found the woman before her eyes did. She smelled different, Julie noted, appraising her friend with a curious glance as she made her way towards her. Was Vera sick?

Sitting across from her, the twenty-three year old grinned, the expression lighting up her face. "Vera-Bera! How goes it?"
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm

"I really should have mauled you over that name when I first had the chance," the woman grin impishly, her eyes scanning the room trying to spot something familiar. She couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling that... "Now its stuck, hasn't it? Plus you stand more of a chance against me now; the moment is lost in the sands of time."

Her laugh feel flat near the end as her sharp eyes caught the gaze of a familiar, one that looked quickly away afterwards. Her eyes narrowed ever so slight as her search increased with more purpose. Her jaw flicked ever so slight, lips turning downward as she found what she was looking for, before she turned back to her friend, pushing those same lips back up into a grin.

"It goes," she shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly as her hands fiddled with the edge of her untouched cup, "You know, the usual; didn't get a job yet, thought about getting my hair cut, but didn't, got my nails done instead, got drunk, went out for dinner, ran into my ex, changed my favourite colour to turquoise, got pregnant, had to be talked out of buying a puppy, and went to the grocery store."

Glancing up from her nails, sort of hoping her friend and missed the important news in her random list of things. Some of which she had made up on the spot.

"You know, the usual. How about you?"
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 am

"Now, now, deep down, you know you like the name." Juliette grinned widely, her green eyes bright. Leaning back in her chair, she noted the movement of Vera's gaze. She'd noticed the very moment she'd walked in; Vera wasn't the only werewolf here.

At least the blonde smelled better than the man did.

Nodding along to Vera's words, she hummed softly. Working had never been something she'd been inclined to do. Every option was ridiculously boring. Maybe something really interesting would show up in a few years down the road.

"Wait," she paused, running through the list again in her head, a tiny grin spreading across her face. Clasping her hands together, she squealed. "You're pregnant! I knew you smelled off. I'm so happy for you!"

She gave her head a shake, unable to shake the giddiness. "How far along? Girl or boy?" And most importantly -" she paused dramatically, her eyes glinting. "Am I the Godmother?"

Juliette shrugged, "Oh, I'm fine. Visiting family, the like. Normal boring living stuff. Nothing at all compared to what you've been up to." She laughed, throwing a wink at her friend.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 am

Her eyes were still glancing over to the side of the room every few moments, following the man. It took her half a moment to realize that her friend had caught up with her game. A shy but happy little grin crossed her features. She hadn't really told anyone, besides Brock and that had been...

There were too many other emotions to be particularly happy about that, in that moment. It was nice to have... just one normal moment.

"Just a few months, two. Two months, and I don't know; I don't care," she smiled down at her stomach, her hand resting softly above it, "As long as its healthy, I don't care." Shaking her head, she gave her friend a smirk, "And just what makes you qualified to be Godmother, Hmm?"

"Oh, I don't know. I think that sounds nice; I'm not sure if my life was all that's cracked up to be."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 am

Her grin only widening as more and more information came to light. It was nice, absolutely amazing, really, to know that her friend was getting this. A baby. A tiny little bundle of joy. She could practically hear the pitter-patter of little feet.

Though she herself could hardly stand children - they were loud and messy and difficult. Lisette as a child had been enough to deter her forever - there was something inherently adorable about other people's children.

"I hope you a joyous next seven months," she grinned, brushing her hands across the table. "Hmm, well with my special magical powers of seeing the future, I proclaim that you'll have a little girl." Nodding dramatically, her lips curled upwards.

"Well," she punctured her comment with a hair flip. "I'm almost a certified genius. And then there's my charm and loving nature...I think it's more a question as to why I'm not everyone's Godmother, really."

She waved dismissively. "My family'll always be there. This is special." She was already formulating plans for baby showers. "This deserves celebrations, Vera."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:03 am

Vera gave the other woman's wide grin a tentative one of her own. Her own excitement trying to come up and meet Juliette's but her reserve, her worry not quite allowing it too.

A soft snort was her only response to her wishes; to Vera's merit, the smile never wavered on her face even as her eyes darkened slightly, "I just hope to survive the next seven months." She hoped they both survived the next seven months. Her eyes flicked back across the room, but this time it was almost for comfort, reassurance that even his presence could remarkably give.

"A little girl huh? If she turns out just like me, I'm going to have a hell of a time raising her," she laughed, a mixture of fondness, and mirth, "I don't know if I'm ready for myself."

"I definitely know I'm not ready for celebrations," this time she was purely joking. Laughter in both her voice and her eyes, "I don't know if I like the look in your eyes miss godmother."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:09 am

"And I'll be here, dealing with your nutty pregnancy hormones screwing with your emotions." Somehow, her grin managed to widen even more. "You know, I think I'm going to deserve awards just for putting up with you," she teased.

"Okay," she leaned back in her chair, hands behind her head. "Who's the friend?" Juliette jerked a thumb over to the male werewolf's direction. "I feel like an introduction's in order."

She grinned, "Well then, I guess a call to your mother's in order. Because I'm never wrong." She tapped the side of her head. "I was gifted with brains, what can I say?"

Juliette pouted dramatically, even as her eyes glimmered. "Party pooper. What's the point of you?" Laughing softly, she clapped her hands together. "Ooh, I really do like the sound of Miss Godmother. And everyone loves these eyes, darling. Some just won't admit it."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 am

Giving an indignant sniff, Vera finally picked up her tea cup and took a long sip, "Please, as if. I shall be a saint, as I always am." The mischief in her eyes stated that she knew this fact to be anything but. However, awards seemed like a slight exaggeration. She was going to get moody, not lethal.

Then again, for Vera, that could mean the same thing.

"Oh," her voice shifted in pitch, and her body poster changed, becoming stiffer and more awkward, "That's just- or well not just- really, he's not supposed to be here at all," that little jab was added for the man's own benefit, "Brock. That's Brock," the tone in her voice when she finally settled down enough to decide on an introduction said it all. It always said what she was feeling, it was just... no one that mattered ever seemed to notice.

Eyes dancing back to the man, knowing full well he could hear every word, she crooked her head slightly, indicating that if he wanted to come meet her friend she did not mind. Although less than happy that he had chosen to follow her, she wasn't in the mood to hold a grudge. Besides, she liked having him around.

Ignoring the mother comment - her mother was the last person she would ask for parenting advice, Vera merely grinned, rocking her chair back off its legs slightly

"Gift or not, whatever party you're planning in that undead mind of yours, keep it low key; having a baby apparently means I'm not allowed to have fun any more."

Really, what she was told to do was avoid stress. Her old way of life had been filled with more than its fair shares of stress.
    Noel Larkin
    Noel Larkin
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Noel Larkin Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Noel had just been passing.

Azorat was a busy city, and a city good for business. It was an innocent day trip, he would be in and out, then return to London- or perhaps Venice, whichever would be the most convenient. In fact, the man had been walking towards his colleague that he would be travelling with. He had been minding his own business as he ploughed through the crowds that swarmed in the streets of Azorat. Gaze set straight ahead, planning the fastest route towards his destination as he proceeded.

He had lifted his left forearm ever so slightly,just to pull back his sleeve and check the time. And in that single moment, as Noel was turning his head upwards, he caught sight of a flicker of blonde through a window. That was all he needed to stop dead in his tracks.

They hadn't spoken since their one night together, and he hadn't pursued her. He wanted to, but he hadn't- in fear of another restraining order. This is what he had wanted. To stumble upon her innocently by chance, and no one could accuse him of anything.

Having cut through the crowd, the man stood by the window of the shop, contemplating. How should he go about this? Vera had company, that much he could tell from this distance. The man's gaze did a methodical sweep of the tea shop- no one of particular interest, as far as he could tell. Noel inhaled sharply through his nose, suddenly feeling somewhat uneasy. He didn't know how- he wasn't sure- he just didn't know.

Shaking himself vigorously, Noel pushed the door open quickly, not allowing himself a moment to hesitate-

In just enough time for the words to carry towards him;

"Having a baby-"
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 am

Juliette raised her eyebrows, smirking. "Sure you are, Vera. Sure. Just keep thinking that." Watching her drink, her hands clasped together underneath the table. She'd missed food. Real food. As great as blood was, it just didn't compare to food. Merlin, she'd do anything these days for a chance to sink her teeth into her mother's cooking.

But she didn't regret her decision, not in the slightest. Something had had to give. It just so happened that it had been food.

The young woman grinned, her eyes gleaming at her friend's discomfort. She could tell, even before a single word was spoken, that there was something going on between the two of them. Maybe he was the father of Vera's baby. The more her friend spoke, the more she was beginning to believe her theory. Just a few words were enough to show the obvious affection. "Well, I think Brock is very lucky to have you," she said softly, still grinning.

"Fine," she conceded dramatically with a loud sigh. "But I'll have you know that low key parties are not my style. It's going all out or nothing. I'll have to drastically change my whole plan of attack." Shaking her head mournfully, she clicked her tongue. "Look what you've done, Vera-Bera."

Tilting her head back, she looked behind her, inhaling deeply at the sound of a new entrant. Looking at the older man for a moment, she sat back up, turning around towards him with a frown.

"Coming or staying?" she called out. "Trying to cool down the outdoors?" With a shake of her head, she turned back towards her friend. "My mother used to say that," she commented fondly, a smile tugging at her lips as she remembered the days of her youth where she'd yell at the retreating backs of ex-friends until they were long gone.
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

He had had absolutely no intention of intruding. He knew she'd figure out he was there eventually, even though he'd promised to stay home. Worry was not something quite so easy to shake, however. It never had been for him. His eyes swept their surroundings, running past the packwolves nonchalantly walking past the door to the shop, but never quite stopping to look, after a quick glance that uninterested shoppers gave Madame R's all the time.

He was actually looking at some tea bags, - having stopped from glacing up at her to watch her when she thought he wasn't looking - the small cups and such and thinking of how they would look in their kitchen. Tea could be put into some of his recipes, and special kinds had been proven to make Vera less volatile in her moods - something that the rest of the pack was quite eager to stock up on, which amused Brock greatly.

He glanced up at their table when he heard his name, though he tried to do it nonchalantly, he knew that she was actually calling him. He tucked his chin and grinned a secretive smile as she struggled to describe what they were. He didn't want to define it. He didn't want to limit them to that. They were... each other's. Wasn't that enough?

Glancing up at her again, as he had been for the last hour or so, he canted his head at her, unconsciously mirroring her expression almost perfectly. Deliberating, he took a slight step to the side, before sighing. If she wanted him over there, he'd simply have to go, there was no if ands or buts about it. Moving toward them now, he glanced around, ever alert. An innocent smile began to grow across his face as he prepared to act like he had every reason to be here, and not like he'd been-

His nose sensed the other man first, a scent that had been engraved in his mind the day he'd beaten the man into the ground. The day he'd kicked Vera in the stomach and killed-

A low growl rumbled in the back of his throat, even as his eyes narrowed in on the doorway. He stood behind Vera's chair, a hand resting possessively on her shoulder. He leaned forward and kissed the top of her hair, before smiling and slipping into the seat beside her, the very image of relaxed. "Hello." He greeted Juliette Josse, the sister of Lisette Josse, French, newly-made Vampire. She hadn't seemed a threat when he'd looked her up at the ministry, but you never did know. "I'm Brock." He gave a boyish grin, intertwining his fingers with Vera's.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 pm

The laughing comment she was about to make with her friend to continue their banter died on her lips as the door opened and that scent as intoxicating as it was frightening wrapped around her taking hold of her brain, and forcing every other thought out. Pale face rising sharply, she flicked her gaze to the door, wondering if she didn't make eye contact then maybe she wouldn't have to...

Noel.

Even taking a breath to calm herself did not help because the smell seemed to fill up the room, cancelling all others, good or bad out. Each breath she took only reminded her more and more how horrifically she'd screwed up.

Again.

His face told her everything, he'd heard enough - she could tell it from here, in the change in his complexion, shift in facial movement. Her hand tightened against the table, forming into a fist, though she hardly knew if this was an attempt to protect herself or if it was nothing more than a stress response. She only managed to relax it slightly as Brock forced his fingers around them.

"He's Brock," she managed to state after letting out a breath, forcing her tense shoulders to relax back into her former casual lean, and giving a half joking grin to her friend, "Brock, this is Juliette, who I'm quite sure has already looked up all your information with the perks of his fancy-smancy job."

Leaning across the table, hoping to God Noel would leave without making a scene. Maybe she had miss read the situations, he might not have heard at all, or put it together - or even cared.

Maybe he didn't care.

She wasn't sure if that thought made it better or worse.

"I suppose the fact that I'm still sitting here means you passed his first safety scan. You should be honoured. Might want to study for the other ones. I hear they get tougher as it goes on."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am

Tilting her head up at the man who'd finally deigned them with his appearance, not just his scent, she offered a welcoming grin, saluting Brock. If he was good for Vera, which she was very sure he was, then he was more than good enough to make her acquantince. "Nice to meet you, Brock. I've heard so much about you." She grinned at Vera here before returning her gaze to the male werewolf. "But I'm sure you've heard it all."

Holding out her hand, the vampire introduced herself. "Juliette Josse." She supposed it was time to get a formal title. Her name alone didn't seem good enough these days.

Looking back at Vera, she tilted her head slightly. Was she alright? She didn't seem alright. Maybe she knew the dark haired man in the door? She glanced back at him, this time suspiciously. "Ah, good ol' fancy smancy jobs," she replied, turning back to the couple with a smile. "Makes me wonder what you have on me, you know." Juliette raised her eyebrows, grinning.

"It's a test." She waved an arm dismissively. "I've passed every test I've ever taken with flying colours. There will be no difference here."
    Noel Larkin
    Noel Larkin
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Noel Larkin Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 pm

A number of emotions boiled wildly within him in that moment, some of which he had trouble himself to identify. Jealousy seemed to be the most predominant of them- or, at the very lest, the one that he was least ashamed of. He had every right to be envious, she was his. She had always been, hadn't she? Hurt seemed too pathetic. He would not succumb to such a weakness. And betrayal? Betrayal would mean that Vera had violated his trust, and to linger on that thought would inevitably lead to something that he had always regretted afterwards.

No man could withhold what Noel was attempting to contain.

It boiled in the pit of his stomach. Surged through his chest. Erupted from his mouth;

"YOU BASTARD!" He shouted, uncaring of the other people in the store- he didn't care about any of them, didn't care about Vera, didn't care about her stupid friend or her dirty son of a-

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" The man made a beeline towards the other, shoving customers out of the way- although it was not them that he found release in throwing around the room.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY WIFE?!" Noel threw his arms outwards into the other man's chest, seeming almost childish in nature- a toddler trying to break a toy town.
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Brock gave a slight grin, bumping Vera with his shoulder. "Not funny." He teased lightly. "You aren't supposed to tell people I use my power for evil." Raising her hand to his lips, he kissed it, before grinning over at Julie.

Reaching over with his free hand, he shook her hand and nodded. "Brock Cox." he said easily. "Head Auror." He winked and sat back down, eyes glancing back at Noel briefly. He had the body language of someone thinking irrationally, and there was absolutely no chance that he was getting closer to Vera.

"Only public nudity." Brock teased Juliette with a small smile. "Excessive partying, nothing anyone interesting would be worried about." He winked at her, before he was away from them both, standing on the other side of Vera and gazing down at Noel.

He watched the other man's approach with the easy dissatisfaction of an Alpha, raising his chin and making no move to attack back. Instead, he simply stepped aside - toward Vera, as to block her from view - catching the other man's arm and narrowing his eyes. "What have I done?" His voice was low, dangerous, and a stark contradiction to Noel's raised voice. Hold on the other man's arm tightening to almost breaking, Brock growled. "I have done nothing but make her happy. What have you done?"

Releasing the man in such a way to throw, but still not look like it, Brock's growl grew a bit louder. "She is not-" He took a step after the man, eyes flashing red. "Yours."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:09 am

"No."

Her first response to the Noel's voice, more familiar raised and angry than in any other tone, had been to tense - more than she already had been - and prepare for the blow that would come with it. It was a familiar response, automatic really. She had in fact gone into half mode, tensing and worrying the second he had shown up. She had only needed a yell, a slight tremor even to give her permission to take the mood one step further.

"No."

Something else seemed to happen though when his words detected a different focus to his rage. Someone who was, admittedly, probably better equipped to handle it, but that did not mean Vera wished it to be deflected on to them rather than her. In fact, she liked this change in procedure even less. Perhaps she had grown in her time away from the man. Truthfully, she had though in this field it may not have made much of a difference if there hadn't been a important new factor - her need to protect. To protect her friend, her unborn child, and the man she loved. Whether they needed her to or not, she needed to try. Vera needed to say something.

"No!" Her voice rose to a demand, over a whisper. It was spoken in a normal tone, but the force behind it held the nature of control. She would be listened to whether they liked it or not. Rising to her full height, she rested a hand on Brock's shoulder, light but firm, as she stepped just far enough to the side to look at the raging man in the eye.

"Brock has done nothing to me," she went on in a level voice, keeping just out of reach of the man's hands just in case. "Nor am I in anyway your wife for you to batter and bruise as your moods suit you, Noel. Even if he had done something to me, you have long since given up the right to demand those sorts of questions."

Nodding she took a breath, clenching her free hand by her thigh to refuse the fact that it was shaking, "Brock, I'd like to ask you not to do whatever you're thinking of doing. It is not going to make anything better, and Liette," she rolled her shoulders, and her bashful grin was weak and shaky, "Forgive my ex-husband's lack of maturity and anger control. Or don't, but at least forgive me my choice in ex-husbands?"
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 pm

She jumped. She'd never been one to be terribly skittish around loud noises, but Merlin he was loud. And with her super-hearing, it only came across as louder. Finding herself on her feet, she shook her head. She'd never get the hang of this.

But still, she stayed on her feet, hands clenched into fists. It was better than sitting down. It'd make her seem weak and she really didn't need a deranged man thinking she was weak. Proving otherwise would be a hassle.

"Your..." she trailed off, blinking from the man to Vera and back again. They were married? But her and Brock... Rubbing at her head, she frowned. Maybe the man was just crazy. Deciding on that theory for a moment, a corner of her mouth twitched upwards in amusement as she watched Brock confront him. She could easily tell why he was Head Auror.

Turning towards Vera, her stance slowly became less hostile. He'd - Her eyes flashing, she turned back towards Noel, her expression darkening. She wanted to make him pay, make him suffer for what he'd put Vera through.

"You're forgiven, Vera," she murmured, moving around the table towards her. Squeezing her hand, she offered a small smile before letting go. Stepping towards Noel, her expression hardened, anger evident in every move she made. "You however, aren't. I'm going to give you a chance to leave. And if you don't take it, whatever happens is your fault." Falling into place at Brock's other side, she arched an eyebrow upwards. "This is that chance."
    Noel Larkin
    Noel Larkin
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Noel Larkin Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm

It wasn't fair. He had made Vera. He had made her into the woman she was today. Noel had showered her in affection, nurtured her confidence. Where would she be without him? She was his by right. Where had Brock ever been for Vera?

"I was there when you weren't." He hissed, shaking his arms aggressively as he tried to get out of the other man's hold. "I made her HAPPIER!" He shouted, despite the close proximity, his rage preventing him from being able to think of any valid argument- of anything that could possibly be considered reasonable. "SHE STILL LOVES ME!" He screamed, his torso swerving wildly, and his arms flinging out of their hold. The man panted heavily, dropping his gaze to the floor.

She wouldn't stop loving him. He knew that it was true. Only because it had to be true.

The other man's next words escaped his notice as he continued to pant at the floor, but he looked upwards again when he found a figure stepping closer towards him. Brock had ruined it all- ruined any chance that he had left with Vera, deliberately sabotaged his relationship- had always been sabotaging his relationship with Vera, constantly in the way, never-

Noel's gaze snapped to the woman instantly, and any noise that was about to burst from him was hushed. He still loved her. And she still loved him. Nothing she was saying was being absorbed by the man- words, words, words- but nothing more. He didn't need words, he already knew. She was his. Why did people keep getting in the way?

"You still love me." Noel replied, after a brief pause, his voice breathy. He looked at Brock, then back to his ex-wife. "You still love me." It sounded almost like a plea. As if he were begging her to believe him.

Then another woman- who was she? She had no business with them. His lips pulled into a snarl as she continued to talk, his dark eyes wild with spite. Why was someone else interfering? Why did no one understand that all there needed to be was Noel and Vera, that was it- nothing else, just them, no one getting in the way-

"SHE STILL LOVES ME!" He screamed hysterically, and hurled himself into Brock, his fists swinging aimlessly.
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 pm

His gaze hardened, despite the fact that he was held back by Vera's hand. He wasn't about to move, but the pitiful attack that this - did the creature in front of him even deserve to be called a man? - Noel was attempting to throw on him. As a man who'd faced vampires and won, dark wizards and mafia warlords who thought they were all that, Brock was particularly unmoved. Doing nothing but blocking and deflecting each and every move against any three of them, he finally seemed to have enough.

Reaching out, he grabbed the man by the collar, shaking him roughly, and narrowing his eyes. "None of this-" He warned. "Is good for her." Shoving him in the vampire's direction with a growled hold this, Brock turned his back on the two of them, blinking down at Vera and running his fingers through his hair.

Brown eyes softened as he looked at her, and his arms wrapped around her in a protective instinct to make sure she was alright. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, closing his eyes against it as he relaxed slightly. She was alright, wasn't she?

"I'm sorry about all this." He murmured, leaning down to nuzzle his nose against hers. "I thought the guards would-" He stopped talking for a brief moment, perhaps remembering that there weren't supposed to be any guards. Running his fingers through her hair, he kissed her, slow and careful, as if she was made of glass. Pulling away only slightly, he tightened his hold on her, lips brushing hers with every word he whispered ever so sweetly.

"Stay..."

One more kiss, then he pulled away from her, watching her carefully before he addressed her friend. "Juliette." He said, taking a step away from Vera, his expression hardening as he moved away. "Do not let her follow."

Grabbing Noel by the back of the neck, he tugged him away from Juli, tightening his grip painfully until the man was nearly black and blue. "One day, she won't be here to protect you, and on that day... my wolf and I will be very happy creatures." With no further words he was in motion, lifting the other man easily off the floor and simply walking out of the shop.

Someone needed to teach this man some manners.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 am

Her free hand stretched out to her friend too. What was becoming of everyone? What would fighting him really gain them at all? Vera had hated for the longest time, hated not even what he did to her but what he made her lose, but what had that gotten her? Drunk, and-and-and-

She flinched as his voice rose again. Teeth gnashing together almost painfully her brightly painted lips were standing out all the more as colour continued to drain from her face. Hesitating, both of her had drifted from her friends and wrapped protectively around her middle again. It didn't matter if he was right or not - Vera didn't love him, she couldn't. How could she love someone who had treated her with so little respect. But there was something else there, something underneath the anger that was heart wrenching. She was becoming less and less scared of his anger, and more worried about the man exhibiting it.

He always said it - he was one of the first people to say it. He loved her, it was why she stayed. Why there was something heavy and painful in her chest now, and warm in her eyes. He was angry but...

Didn't he have a right to be?

She didn't realize she was trying to step forward until she was more or less caught by Brock, blinking as if broken from a spell confused for a moment, but kissing him back anyway. For half a second the world as it was faded away. Breathing in his scent hungrily she was confused when suddenly he was moving away.

Stay? Where was she supposed to be -

"No." She frowned, not sure why she was opposing, only that she was. They shouldn't be -

She was done with violence, from Noel, against Noel just around anyone in general. She didn't want her baby to be raised thinking it was okay to punch her way out of a problem. Nothing but stress, worry and pain had come to her from violence.

Narrowing her eyes, she ignored every comment otherwise, and knocked over a chair as she moved to follow them.
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Her gaze flickered from person to person, her scowl deepening every time it fell on Vera's ex-husband. He was delusional. Everything he said was ridiculous. If he'd hurt Vera while they were together - and Juliette was sure he had - how could he think for even a moment that she loved him?

Her fingers twitched. She just wanted to smack him into next week. Sure, it wouldn't make anything better, but it'd sure as hell make the vampire feel better.

A little grin flitting across her face as Noel was tossed her way, she gripped his collar with both hands, hoisting the man right off of his feet. "You should've listened," she murmured, smirking. "Like I said, this is all your fault."

Letting go of his collar with her right hand, she used that hand to smack him across the face, for once allowing herself to take advantage of her super strength. The results were rather satisfying. Only stopping her attack at the sound of her name, she slackened her grip on him, glancing over at Brock with a nod.

The man now the Head Auror's problem, she wiped her hands on her jeans, frowning down her at her nails. Blinking up at the sound of Vera moving, she moved towards her, at the woman's side in seconds.

"Hey," she murmured, linking her arm through hers, steering her away from the door. "So...tea?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am