Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Somebody That I Used to Know

Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Somebody That I Used to Know Empty Somebody That I Used to Know

Post by Nia Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 am

Ksenia glanced over her shoulder as she made her way across the square. Her pace was calm yet purposeful, a shopping bag held in her hand. It was hard to believe that it was summer already. The witch didn't notice how fast the snow seemed to have melted this year when winter turned into spring, and now she found herself donned only in a light summer dress, the layers of over-robes having vanished without her notice.

the witch's hair was held loosely together and tucked over one shoulder, the slightly wavy locks cascading elegantly to the right side of her face. There was much less rigidness in her demeanor than there has been before. Life has turned more simple and Ksenia enjoyed the break but a part of her was starting to get bored once again.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Somebody That I Used to Know Empty Re: Somebody That I Used to Know

Post by Afonka Alkaev Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:10 am

He stowed his hands in his pockets, letting out a little sigh. His expression, thoughtful, failed to match the attire he had on. He didn't think he'd go back to the way he had been, at least with the longer and lighter hair and niave attitude.

If the world had decided to hate him, it was only fair that he showered it with the same love.

Continuing on his way across the square, Afonka's gaze travelled around him, falling on a dark haired fellow student. His brow furrowing, he shuffled from foot to foot. He didn't particularily want to talk to Ksenia. He hardly liked her, to be honest.

But what was out there better to do? So he resigned to head in her direction. If she noticed him, then so be it. And if she didn't, he'd survive.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:18 am

Ksenia was on her way to one of the shops when she noticed a figure heading in her direction. She paid the person know mind after a brief glance. She didn't know him after all. She took another couple of steps forward before her mind forced her to turn her head back to spare him a second glance.

"Alkaev?" she said as her eyebrows rose, her expression remaining stoic. She turned around fully to make sure that it was in fact the Hrabrost boy standing in the square. "Well, don't you look attractive now," she drawled with some amusement as she appraised him from head to toe, a part of her pleased with what she saw.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 am

He blinked at the sound of his name, his head snapping in the direction. Glancing at Nia, his expression oddly blank, he made his way towards her. "Sokol," he greeted dully, his brown eyes lacking the usual warmth and spark that had filled them for years.

Afonka rolled his eyes, huffing softly. "Good to know you haven't changed. Wouldn't want to ruin that sweet personality, now would we?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 am

Ksenia smirked at his words, a knowing look in her eyes. "It is so pleasing to see that you have finally decided to do something with your boring life. Such a shame when people let it go to waste," she murmured, much too pleased.

Her gaze returned to his face after she openly scanned his appearance. "How are you going now, Alkaev?
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 am

"And what," he asked, his eyes flashing. She could say anything she wanted, and it probably wouldn't bother him. But talk about his life and insult it? A totally different story. "Exactly, was so boring about my life? I'm curious, because yours must be so riveting and exciting to say that."

Afonka shrugged. "Well enough. You?" He wasn't ready just yet to do away with his manners.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 am

"It was normal," Ksenia said simply. "Awfully so. Very predictable. didn't you ever get bored with that? There must have been something that lead you to make the changes," she murmured calmly, her head tilted to the side.

She smirked at those words. "my life has always been exciting. Some times more exciting than other times."

"I've been good," the smirk remained on her face. "I am engaged now," she stated calmly.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:18 pm

"There's no such thing as normal," Afonka rebutted, his eyes never leaving her face. "Your idea of normal's far from mine." He shrugged a shoulder, his eyes dark. "Because finding one of your friends dead is so very boring. I forgot, that must happen everyday for you. And I bet you killed them yourself, Sokol."

He rolled his eyes. "Sure, sure. Keep saying that, it might become true."

The Hrabrost raised an eyebrow before throwing his head back and laughing. "You? Engaged?" he asked, once he'd calmed down. "What's wrong with him?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:56 pm

"Yes there are many versions of normal. there is the normal of the people who live their life peacefully every day and don't worry about tomorrow. that's the normal I am talking about," her expression and tone stayed calm, quiet s she looked at him.

A bitter smile slipped onto her lips at his satinet. "Finding your friend dead is not the worst thing that could have happened to you, Alkaev." There was no sharpness in those words, only in their meaning. "I used to have a normal life too. I lived with my family and couldn't have been more happier. and then one day that reality crashed when I had to watch as my parents were killed. For a few years after that happened I hated them for showing me what normal life could have been like. And then I got over that," she shrugged her shoulders at that, as if the matter was as easily shrugged off her mind. "There were other things to worry about at that time."

She laughed at that. "He is a person who understands me. And I understand him. that is all that we need." It was simple when it was stated like that, but there was so much more behind that. Not that the Hrabrost boy needed to know that.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 am

"I don't see why anyone wouldn't want that," he commented, crossing his arms. "Why do need excitement so much in your life? Are you trying to run away from something so you just look for excitement to fill some sort of void in your life?"

He raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to the left side. "Oh? Because for years, it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me. Maybe you'd know what that feels like if you had friends." His eyebrows only rose higher at her story. "You hated your parents because someone came and killed them? I think your priorities are a little messed up." He felt sorry for her, but he was never going to show it to her. "Something more important than your own family? And what was that?"

Afonka let out a snort of disbelief. "Is that so? You don't need - oh I don't know - love? Or are you one of those people who don't believe in the thing?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 am

"Well," Ksenia tilted her head to the side at his question. "You do not seem like the kind of person who would be content to just live in the same town for their entire life, find a partner there, maybe have a family, and die without achieving anything other than what they were told to do by their superiors. Those people that always stay in the background. That are only spoken of by the people that have met them."

"I know that you are not one of those because you have already made changes that many would not even think of making. But," she said, her voice a quiet but sure murmur. "You haven't been hurt enough yet. You are not that much stronger than you used to be before."

She looked straight at him, her chin raised slightly, her expression blank as he spoke about her parents. "I hated my parents because they showed me what normal life was like."

"I believe in love. I just don't like it very much."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:30 am

"But how well do you know me?" he asked, copying her head tilt mockingly. "This is what - the third time we've had a conversation? How well can you possibly know someone after three conversations? Maybe that's what I want in life. A nice simple, quiet life." Was that what he wanted? He didn't have the slightest clue, but he wasn't going to give Ksenia Sokol the satisfaction of being right.

Afonka shrugged a shoulder. "I wanted a change. It's not like I had an ulterior motive to do this." His eyes flashing, he raised an eyebrow. "Well then, I'll get right on that. I'll go get so hurt that you won't recognize me. Would that make you happy?"

He clapped slowly, his expression cold. "What a terrible thing. They showed you a normal life. You make it seem like they killed someone in front you.

"Because no one loves you?" he asked, hardly thinking before blurting the words out. Blinking at his own words, he shrugged a shoulder. It wasn't like he was hurting her feelings. He was quite sure she didn't have any.

Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 am

'I don't need to know you well at all. A part of you may want a simple quiet life, but the truth is your life is never going to be like it was before. You were pulled into the Mafia. They do not let people leave whenever they want. And besides, you yourself already started making some changes," Ksenia said, her eyes scanning his figure once again. Her words were quiet and casual, a soft smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

Her eyebrows rose at his question. "I do not care enough about you for that. The question is, what do you want yourself? Do you plan to aimlessly wander without a plan or to actually achieve something?"

"They should have killed someone in front of me," coldness seeped into her tone as she studied him with shrewd eyes. "Would have prevented much more hurt later on."

Her eyebrows rose again, this time in surprise at his question. The girl took a step closer to him, smirking. "Why so interested now?"
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 am

"I've noticed that," he said, his voice clipped as he resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Did she think he was some sort of idiot? "They won't let me leave. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it." Afonka shrugged a shoulder, brushing a hand through his hair. "Really? I hadn't noticed." He spoke sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at the Slushatel.

"Thank you. I don't know how I'd be able to live with myself if you cared." He smiled, but there was nothing happy about the expression. "I don't need to tell you about my plans, Sokol. You'll have to wait and see."

He shook his head at her. "You're crazy. Absolutely batty." It explained so much about her, didn't it?

Afonka took a step back, frowning down at her. "Well, I don't know if you noticed or not, but you seem to lack a lot - no, it's a lot like all - of qualities people like. I don't think you'll be winning person of the year anytime soon."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 am

"Honestly, Alkaev, you are behaving like a small child," Ksenia's drawl became colder, as irritation made itself known. "You're what? Sixteen years old? And still holding such grudges. Not able to look at the opportunities that you have around you just because you do not agree with some of the things that other people do."

The Slushatel smirked coldly, her fingers woven loosely together in front of her. "I am not interested in the specifics of your life. Well, not now at least."

"And that’s where the differences between us lies, Alkaev. There a so many things that can only be learned from personal experience. Things that will make you so much stronger. I see the world a lot differently than you do. Emotions such as love and compassion are nothing more than weaknesses. We all have weaknesses, we just need to know how to protect them. Not letting go of these emotions will hurt you very much one day," she said quietly, something akin to amusement shining in her eyes.

Ksenia didn't stop the laughter that left her lips after hearing his words. "What's wrong? Afraid that you will lose all your goodness if I step too close to you?” the words were mocking as she appraised the Hrabrost, some mirth shining in her eyes. “Oh, I have plenty of qualities that people like. A lot that an average ‘good’ person should have but doesn’t. It’s a shame really. The qualities that are valued these days are so shallow and yet the deeper ones are rarely seen.”
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

Dragging his tongue across his teeth, his eyes were dark, an emotion he hardly felt shining in their depths. "It's funny that you of all people would be against grudges, Sokol. So you're telling me that you don't hold grudges against anyone?" Raising an eyebrow, Afonka let his hands slide into his pockets. "I think that's a good enough reason not to like someone." Differing views were better then so many other reasons.

"Not now?" he repeated. "So one day you will? I'll be dreading that day." Shuddering mockingly, he glared at her.

"You can't live your life in books, I know that. I wasn't planning on it. The world can make you stronger, sure. But it also has this habit of ruining everything. That's not so fun, now is it? Maybe emotions are a weakness to you, but they don't have to be one for everyone else."

Afonka gritted his teeth. "No, I'm more concerned that whatever mental disorder you have is contagious." Meeting her gaze with a frown, he asked, "And they are? If you're going to say it, you should back your claim up."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:50 am

Ksenia's chin rose ever so slightly as she was targeted with the dark gaze, her own one remaining as cold as it was before. "the grudges you are talking about are laughaphable," she said with some amusement. "I do not hold grudges. If the person has done something against me, I make them pay. It's as simple as that."

"What exactly is so bad that they have done against you?" she asked coldly, her eyebrow rising. Her jaw was squared as she waited for his answer.

The witch laughed at his words. "Do not worry yourself so much about that," she said darkly, with a small smirk.

"Emotions are powerful enough to get you killed," she hissed at him, feeling anger boiling inside herself for a few moments. "An idiot like you wouldn't be able to understand that. You haven't seen death have you? It's quite an enlightening experience," her voice grew dark, quiet again. The Slushatl's gaze settled on the ground a few feet behind her fellow student before returning to him. Her thoughts turned to Cordelia for a few seconds, her biggest weakness. The young witch knew that one day she would have children and the number of her weaknesses would grow.

She snorted slightly at his words, the gesture more common than she normally allowed herself. "They are called wounds." She levelled him with a confident gaze, not pausing to reply to his question. "Sacrifice, loyalty, intelligence, endurance,” she listed some off.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 am

"Opinion," he said through gritted teeth. "The whole world doesn't share that belief. You might think it. That doesn't make it true." She was infuriating. He'd turn around and walk right away if he wasn't sure that she'd never let it go. "And I'm sure that's worked out so well for you, hasn't it?"

The boy flexed his fingers, frowning down at her. "They've made me join them against my will. Hell, they've robbed me of my will. My entire life is going to be decided by them. And I don't want that."

Afonka let out a snort, his expression a mixture of amusement and disbelief. "Emotions aren't the only things that'll get you killed. There's a million other things that'll just as well. Better, even. So what are you going to do, then? Stop feeling? Have fun with that."

He raised an eyebrow, unable to help but smirk. "And you have those traits, don't you? Have you met yourself?" She was delusional as well. Out of all of those, he couldn't see a single one she posessed.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 am

Ksenia laughed at his words. It was quite ironic from her side. She was sure that her opinion would have been very similar to his had her life been relatively normal. But now, forever jaded by her scars, she just couldn't look at the normal with such innocence as she did before. "No, the whole world doesn't share that belief. If it did, then we would be dead. It's only a matter of your strength," the girl shrugged her shoulders.

A satisfied smirk spread over lips. "Oh, yes. That has worked very well for me," there was a note of pride in the words, her thoughts momentarily going to Abraxas. He had paid for what he had done to her. Taking his life was the only acceptable price at that time, at least to her.

"Just consider yourself lucky that your life was your own before this point," she drawled at him, somehow managing to look down at him with her below average height.

"It's a matter if you allow the people to hurt you or not. If you leave yourself too vulnerable and do not take the necessary precautions to protect yourself, tan you will die. It's simple really," she shrugged her shoulders as if the matter wasn't complicated. "Your loved ones will always be your weakness."

"You haven't met me," she sated, another little smirk making itself known. She glanced around them. "Clearly you haven't changed that much, Alkaev."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 am

He had never disliked anyone more than he disliked the girl in front of him. Afonka had always been more terrified of Feliks than anything else. And though he disliked his grandparents with a passion, they at least didn't voice their thoughts to him.

"Just because you think you're so strong and amazing, doesn't mean you are. One of these days, you're going to learn that that's far from the truth." Afonka flicked his gaze away from her, suddenly sick of just the sight of her.

"Oh, I'm sure it has." He rolled his eyes, his voice soft but laced with malice. She could say it, but Afonka wouldn't put it past her to be a pathological liar.

Snapping his gaze back to her, his upper lip pulled upwards into something very close to a snarl. "Yes, I do." Did she think he somehow hadn’t noticed? Did she think he didn’t at least spend his time being happy about those days that he’d been able to be happy? It was almost as if she thought he enjoyed this.

Afonka blinked down at her, his face impassive. "I’ll die anyway." It was a simple fact of life. No matter what he did, he was going to find himself dead at the end of it. "And if loving people is the reason I die, I’ll take that any day."

He met her gaze, raising a single eyebrow. "Sadly, I have." He shrugged. "As long as I’m happy with who I am, I'm fine with not changing."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:31 am

Ksenia smiled softly at the boy, the expression carrying a hint of sweetness in it. So that is what he thought of her, even after everything that she had said this day. It made one thing clear: she had done her job right; she made the people that surrounded her believe that she was nothing more than an average student with no attributes that warranted attention of any kind except for her excellent grades.

A quiet laugh left her lips as she continued to listen to him, her demeanour turning almost childlike. It was clear that talking to him would just make him snap back at her once again. He did not take any value in her words. He was a child himself, pulled into a world of people who who gnawed at each others throats to get what they wanted. Thought one of his thoughts was correct. She was not strong: not by one definition. She did not have any power and power was the ultimate strength. She could have said all of that to the Hrabrost, but by that point their argument has reached an end point.

The soft smile morphed into a smirk for a few moments before it was gone once again as the girl pulled the shopping bag closer to herself. "Lovely chat, Alkaev. But I am afraid I must be going. I shall see you next year," she said lightly before turning and continuing on the way she was before running into the boy as if nothing has happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am