Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Meet the Family (James)

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Meet the Family (James) Empty Meet the Family (James)

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 am

Donohoe Cottage
    Grey stones, Ireland
    Early Summer

Casey fiddled nervously with the hem of her light blue skirt, picking at the white embroidery anxiously. She was sitting on the old couch in her living room, waiting for James to arrive. Her parents were home, but politely giving the living room a wide berth so James wouldn't pop out of the fireplace into a room full of strangers. She glanced around their shabby little house, suddenly embarrassed at their obvious lack of money, despite the fact that both of her parents worked. She had no idea how Gringott's could pay so little or how her mother's shop could get such a small profit, but there was neve enough money and never had been. She stood up sharply as the fireplace flames flared green.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Meet the Family (James) Empty Re: Meet the Family (James)

Post by James Nickelson Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm

James paced back and forth in front of his fireplace, hands nervously tapping the sides of his thighs. He was as nervous as a puppy in a new home, unsure of what to do. Casey was waiting for him, he knew that, but he was nervous.

"Darling, are you alright?" his father's girlfriend called. Frowning, he turned to look over at her and gave her a small smile, but his eyes were glaring at her.

His father had told him to try to be nice to her, and so he did, but deep down inside he really hated her. Always pretending to be the mother he never really had.

Taking a deep breath James turned to look into the empty fire pit, and was about to step inside when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it James, I'm sure this girl's parents will adore you. Just be yourself." she said patting his shoulder lightly. Looking up at her, he gave her a genuine smile for the first time.

"Thanks Ellie." he said. Feeling a little more confident, he finally stepping in the fireplace, grabbing a handfull of floo powder on the way. "Donohoe Cottage!" he yelled clearly, enunciating the words, before he was engulfed in a warm heat.

He was pulled through many different gates, before finally coming to a halt when he saw the familiar face of Casey sitting and waiting for him. He didn't move out of the fireplace at first, he was still rather nervous about meeting her parents, though he knew deep down they were probably lovely people.

Raising a hand, he smiled nervously at Casey before looking around and admiring the small yet lovely little cottage. "This place is truly very lovely." he said grinning.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Casey stood and grinned, coming up to give James a hug and a light kiss, taking his hand. "Thanks love, Mum does work hard. And I bring a certain touch to things." The room was scattered with quirky little things that she could find or make- an old frame reprinted framed a family photo, a set of antique keys on ribbons hung on the wall, and a quilt she'd made of old scraps hung bright and colorful over the back of the couch.

Mrs. Donohoe poked her head out of the kitchen into the living room, unable to contain her curiosity any longer. She was a middle aged woman with gray streaked red hair. She was plump, but tall, and motherly looking, with laughlines and smiling green eyes. "Hello James, dear, I'm Kathleen. Come on into the kitchen, I'm making cookies," the woman said in her soft, lilting Irish accent. She smiled at James reassuringly. Casey knew her father, tall with dark wavy hair and brown eyes, was also waiting in the kitchen.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

James smiled as she hugged him, and he hugged her back as well as returning the kiss she gave him. "It really is lovely, I would have loved to live in a place like this, so simple, yet so beautiful." he said smiling at Casey, showing her how much he really did love it.

When, who was clearly Casey's mother, a very kind face woman, popped her head around the corner, James smiled and waved slightly, still nervous, though not as much when he saw how nice she seemed and sounded. "Hello." he said in return.

James looked down at Casey and smiled to her at thought of cookies. "They smell great." he commented as the two walked towards the kitchen. James smiled at the smell of homemade cookies, his father having used to make them when he was younger.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Donohoe." he said politely, nodding a little in greeting. He looked around for Casey's father, wanting to introduce himself to him, and when he spotted the tall man, with dark and wavy hair, he knew that must have been him.

So, with some nerves still left over, but a new found confidence, he walked over to the man and held out his hand. "Hello, sir, I'm James." he said smiling kindly.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Casey watched James approach her father, smiling. He was confident, she liked that. Her father shook James's hand. "Nice to finally meet you young man. We've heard good things about you from our daughter." He nodded in Casey's direction. "You seem to be living up to expectations so far, so don't disappoint me later," he added with a twinkle in his eye.

"Dad!" Casey said, blushing. "Stop it, James is lovely to me. Always the gentleman. So you have nothing to worry about," she added with a playful glare. "I'm going to show him the rest of the house while the cookies are baking."

"Just leave the door to your bedroom open," her mom teased. Casey rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out, grabbing James by the hand. "We're not going to do anything," she said over her shoulder as she pulled James out of the room.

The tour didn't take long- tiny bathroom, tiny attic with the extra bed, her parents' room. They ended up in Casey and Alyssa's room, Alyssa's bed carefully made up and her side of the room clean, like it rarely was when she was home. Casey flopped on her bed and moved her legs enough that James could sit down. "So," she said, suddenly nervous, "What do you think?"
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm

James smiled a little awkwardly at Casey's father. "I will do my best, sir." he said nodding his head a little and then looking back over at Casey. He really hoped he wouldn't disappoint her or her father, if he did, he was sure he would never forgive himself.

As Casey and her mom discussed him and her bedroom door, James could feel himself blush again, something he was afraid of happening here of all places, in front of Casey's parents.

Gripping Casey's hand in return, he followed her around the little cottage, still in love with the place. Casey might not have thought it was much, but to James, it was grand. He would have given anything to live in a simple place like this.

"I think it's beautiful." he said smiling as he sat down on her bed. "I really do. I would give anything to live in a place like this. I find my home overly large. There are only two people that live there,three if you count my dad's new girlfriend," he snorted slightly in disgust. "And not including the house elves, so there is all this wasted space." he said with a small frown at the thought.

"So I really love this place." he finished with a bright grin on his face.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Casey sighed with relief, grinning. "Thanks. I mean, I know it's small but we've always managed to make it work and it's home now. I'd never be able to live in a house with too many rooms like that. Even Hogwarts is a bit daunting sometimes, but at least there it's not strictly a house, it's also used for a school so it's ok that it's big. I'd feel so isolated in a giant house, this one is really cozy."

She tilted her head to the side. "You know, if it bothers you so much, why don't you rent out rooms? Or move to a smaller house? Or convert the rooms to something you actually need? I could help you, if you wanted. And what bothers you about your Dad's girlfriend?"
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm

James smiled happily, seeing th happiness this place brought Casey, and how homey it seemed even to James who had only been there for less than twenty minutes. "I think it's a great place. And yeah I agree about Hogwarts, I like being there but it's a little too big for my liking." he said with a laugh.

"I'm not allowed to, and it's up to my dad ultimately....also I would move, but it's been in my mother's family for generations...so we can't just sell it." he explained with a small shrug.

Plus he deep inside loved the house, he just thought it was far too big for two people. His father told him that in the past, his mother used to live there with enough people to fill the house. James thought that was how the house should have been used.

"She's not so bad now, but when she and my dad first started dating, the only thing they would do is shag, and just ignore me. It's not so bad now, but I still can't be in the same room as them sometimes." he said rather quietly, voice trailing off a little.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Casey nodded. "I guess you can't really sell it then. But it's yours now, isn't it? If it was your mother's? Your dad can't really have a claim to it, since it's not his bloodline. Maybe one day, I'll move in there with you. Then it mpwon't seem quite so empty." And I would definitely plan on filling it with children, she thought. The young girl had always wanted a large family.

"Oh," Casey said quietly. "Yeah, I can see how you wouldn't want that. That would be extremely awkward. Are they better about it now, then? I would probably be in the opposite end of the house if I were you."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm

James shrugged, though in truth he hadn't really thought about the fact that it was his house, either way though, despite the fact that he found it empty, he still liked the house. He found he a had very deep and personal connection to it, even though he never knew his mother.

"You could, maybe after school though that way I am legally an adult and can probably kick my dad out." he said with a small laugh. He wasn't sure he could kick his dad out just because he turned seventeen, but he would probably kick him after he found his own place with Ellie.

Laughing, James nodded. "I should have thought of that. Usually I was outside, if it was at night I'd sleep in a guest room." he said with a smile.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

Casey laughed. "Yeah, get your dad outta your house! Then I can come live there without being terribly awkward. I'm sure both our parents would have a problem with us living together when we were younger than 17 anyway." Also I want to sleep in the same room as you. Maybe then you won't be afraid of the dark.

Casey shuddered playfully. "Heck I think I'd sleep outside. That's just a terrifying thought- walking into that." She grinned playfully. "Doing it on the other hand... Well maybe not for a few years yet."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 pm

"I will eventually. I promise, it just might take time." he explained, giving Casey a light smile. He would ensure that when they are finished school and are old enough to live together, he would find a place for his father and girlfriend to live, so that he and Casey could have the house.

James really didn't want to have his dad in the same house as him for too long.

Laughing a little, and then taking Casey's hand he said, "I'm not going to make you sleep outside. And yes, it's pretty terrifying, though I haven't technically walked in on them, I just...er heard them." he said as a slight shudder ran through his body at the memories.

"Aha, yes, a few more years." he said smiling, though to his surprise he wasn't blushing. He knew it might have been because he was more comfortable talking about more grown up and any slightly embarassing things around Casey, so his blushing had stopped to some extent.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Casey sat up to snuggle into James's side. "I know it will, and I don't want you to have to kick him out on my behalf. Well, not yet anyway. Enjoy living with him while you're still a kid. Then, when we're adults, we can see what living on our own is like." She smiled. Her mom would probably check on them every day for a few weeks until Casey got annoyed enough to tell her to quit it.

Casey made a face. "I'm just glad my parents wait until we're not here. Which isn't really hard, since Lyss and I are rarely in the house. Anyway, they kind of have to since this house is so small. We would be able to heard everything for sure."

Grinning, the Gryffindor girl patted her boyfriend's cheek. "Look, you're not blushing! I'm training you well," she said with a laugh. "I guess you just have to get used to talking about stuff like when I'm around," she added with twinkling eyes.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

James nodded, taking in what his girlfriend said and then sighed, as a small smiled appeared on his lips. He didn't say anything, unable to think of much to say at the moment. However, sometimes silence is all that is needed in certain situations, though James was slightly unsure about this one.

"Lucky. I cannot imagine what that would be like." he said with a small laugh. "My dad has no care whatsoever about me, it feels like anyways."

James smiled happily at Casey, practically bouncing slightly on the bed, but then stopped when it started to squeak. "Yea, I am starting to get used to it. It takes time, that's all." he said with a grin as he placed his hand over Casey's on his cheek.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

Casey smiled. "Since they don't do it while we're here, I can keep the pretense in my head that they only ever hold hands and give each other pecks on the lips and that I came about by immaculate conception," she said with a laugh. "It's not usually something I dwell on."

She leaned in and gave James a kiss. "Well that's good because I'm probably never going to stop saying those things. It's in my DNA. Just hang out with my parents for a little while," she said with aneue roll and a laugh. "It'll come out there too."

Mrs. Donohoe came bustling in with a plate of cookies and smiled at the pair on the bed. Looking at Casey with a mock stern face, she said, "Now I don't want to see crumbs on your bed young lady."

Casey stood up and saluted in military fashion, posture and everything. "Yes ma'am. It won't happen ma'am." She took the cookies form her laughing mother and the older woman exited the room. Casey sat dback down on the bed with a grin and offered the plate to James.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 am

"Ahah. Well I am jealous of you now." he said with a light laugh. "If only I were so lucky as to have had peaceful nights."

Kissing Casey back lightly, he shrugged. "That's alright. Seeing as I'm getting used to it, I think I can live with it." he said with a grin, blue eyes twinkling lightly with humour. "Plus I don't want you to be anymore than who you are." he said smiling before lightly kissing her on the cheek.

James pulled away quickly when he heard footsteps enter the bedroom, and as he looked up, he saw Casey's mother enter with a plate of cookies. He couldn't help but smile and laugh a little at Casey and her mother. Not in a rude way but because of how friendly they were to each other and how they were able to make jokes and have fun.

"Thank you Mrs. Donohoe." James called as she left the room. Turning to his girlfriend as she say back down on the bed, and offered him a cookie, he graciously took one, and took a bite.

It was still soft and warm, and by his standards very very delicious. "These are amazing." he said halfway through a mouthful. "Excuse me." he said laughing as he swallowed.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am

Casey laughed. "Ah the quiet peacefulness of a night without the parents having audible sex. Absolutely lovely." She snorted. "Put into blunt terms, we're having a very odd conversation you know," she said with a grin.

Words couldn't express how happy she was to have someone who understood- someone who would just let her be and not try to change her, though countless others had. Leaning her head, on his shoulder, Casey smiled. "Thank you. For accepting me. I know we were just joking, but you really do accept me. And I love you for it."

Casey smiled at the look on his face. She could tell he loved the cookies. She took her own and bit into it, half closing her eyes and humming with pleasure. Not even the house elves at Hogwarts could match her mother's baking. Laughing, she waved a hand airily. "No need to apologize. I don't think table manners count if you're not at the table. Besides, they are amazing."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

"I know...we can stop if you want." he said with a laugh, but inside, he actually did want to stop talking about parent's having sex.

Smiling, James was happy that Casey knew he accepted her. He would never have not accepted her for who she was, because in his mind, a girl needs to know that there was someone out there who loved her for her, and not for someone she was pretending to be.

"I do accept you, and I do love you for you." he said leaning to her, and lightly kissing her lips.

James nodded in agreement as he finished off the last of his cookie and smiled. "They are pretty wonderful." he said dusting his hands off a little. "I could never make cookies like this, neither could my dad. Ellie, my dad's girlfriend, maybe, but not nearly as good as these."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Casey laughed lightly. "We probably should." They were both thoroughly embarrassed with the topic now. "It's not exactly a fun topic."

Smiling, she kissed James back. "And that's why I love you," she said, grinning and tapping the end of his nose with her finger. She leaned forward and kissed him again, deeper this time. Fully aware that they were sitting in her house with her parents nearby, she managed to kick the door shut quietly and cast Muffliato around them before moving to sit on James's lap while she kissed him.

"Mine aren't anywhere near as good as Mom's are, but they're pretty decent," Casey said with a shrug. "Then again, I don't think it's possible to make better cookies than this. Besides everyone knows that a girl who can cook is a priceless prize," she added with a grin.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm

James shook his head as a response, but decided not to carry on the particular conversation any longer.

"I'm glad." he responded as he began to kiss her back, just as deep and passionate. He chuckled a little as she closed the door silently and put on Muffliato. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her closer to him, and deepened the kiss. Her lips were soft, as they always were and he found himself a little taken in by it.

"I'm sure they aren't so bad." he said lightly, smiling at her. "Yes, indeed." he said looking at her in a mischievious sort of way, before laughing.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:28 am

Casey smiled as he responded with equal enthusiasm and she guided them both down so he was laying down on her bed and she was laying on top of him. She began to completely forget where they were as they went deeper into their kiss, each eagerly reacting to the other.

Laughing, Casey rested her head on his shoulder. "No, they definitely are not. In fact, they're pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. And I do." She matched his mischievous grin with one of her own. "It's just a question of whether this prize will allow herself to be caught."

"So," she said, wondering where she wanted the conversation to go. She got sudden inspiration. "What's your house like? Besides too big, I already know that part."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 am

As James lay down, Casey laying on top of him, he was still conscious of the fact that her parents could come up at any moment, but he didn't worry. He allowed himself to enjoy the moment. He placed his hands on her back and pulled her closer to him, deepening their kiss. There were butterflies in James's stomach, something he rarely experienced, but aside from the excitement, he was happy.

"Well I hope she wants to be caught one day." he said resting his head on hers as he held her to him, as he always seemed to do.

James pondered that question for a moment, unsure of how to describe his house. "Well, aside from being large. It's old. Really old. The inside of it is almost centuries old by the looks of it. But it's in great shape. It looks brand new in the sense that nothing is broken or breaking." he explained.

"Each room is painted a different colour and the furniture inside is matched according to the colour. It's hard to explain everything, but picture, old and beautiful, and mysterious at the same time." he said with a wide grin.

As much as he hated the wasted space, he loved his house.

Bouncing a little as another thought popped into his head, he continued, "The garden, this may sound weird coming from a guy, but the garden is just...exquisite. Perfectly kept, and just...open."

Spoiler:
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am

Casey pulled back just long enough to murmmer, "I love you James," before returning to their passionate kiss. She pulled them into a roll, careful to keep them both on the narrow bed, so that James was on top of her now. Smirking inwardly, she reflected that she didn't always mind giving up control.

Casey's fingers twined with James's and she leaned into his hold. "Maybe she will one day, but she'll always be independent, either way." She smiled up at him. "I'd never be in any sort of cage, even one of my own making."

Eyes widening as she listened to the description, Casey whistled low and smiled. "It sounds beautiful James. I'd be proud to call that mine. I think I can imagine it well enough to get by. But I will have to see it in person soon." She beamed. "Oh, I love gardens! Especially huge, open ones. They feel like freedom."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 pm

James smiled as she rolled them over so that he had a little more control now. He was taken a little by surprise when Casey told him she loved him. He loved her too, certainly, and he had said many times before, but he was...in the moment of whatever they were doing and he knew that wasn't a bad thing.

God what was wrong with him. Why was he thinking like that? Mentally slapping himself, he said, "I love you too." and he meant it, but there was still an odd nagging sensation at the back of his mind.

"I'm glad of that." he said, sure his grammar was terrible, but not caring as he laced his fingers with hers.

James grinned at Casey's reaction. "You should come over before the end of the summer. I'm sure my dad won't mind. Ellie certainly won't." he said with a shrug.

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Even as deep in the passion as she was, Casey couldn't ignore the whips of emotions coming from James and what she saw confused her. Not even sure she could accurately name the emotion coming from James, she pushed him up a little bit and looked at him questioningly. "You ok James? I mean, if you want to stop or something..." She trailed off, unsure what was going on.

Casey grinned. "I am too. It's fun to be free to roam, but also fun to be free to stay out, if I want."

Her grin grew. "I'd love to! I really want to see where you live, I'm sure it's beautiful. And I want to meet your dad." Casey was indeed very excited to meet her boyfriend's family and see his home. It would be something she'd never done before, even with Liam.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am