Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

I need a drink

Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

I need a drink Empty I need a drink

Post by Elizabeth Foster Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 am

Lizzie walked into the pub, dressed more casual than she would have if she had actually planned on going into a place like this. She had planned on going out and about, but she only dressed up enough for that and that consisted of nothing but a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a thin leather jacket.

Walking through the crowd of people, she searched the bar for a place to sit, given that she didn't really enjoy standing around with a bunch of other people. Spotting a few free seats, she strolled over and sat down, placing her purse out in front of her.

Pulling out her wallet, she handed the barman enough money for a glass of Superior Red Wine, one of her favourites. It had been a while since Elizabeth had actually been able to come to a pub, sit down and have a drink. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt so relaxed.

It was truly a rare thing for her to be able to have a peace of mind. Jack* was always constantly talking to her, reminding her to do this, and that, and to go here and go there. Today however, he had been oddly quiet, not speaking much except to remind her to get some things for her place.

Taking in a long deep breath, Elizabeth smiled and looked out around the room, laughing a little as she watched the people go about their lives, having most likely, no worries...and no voices in their heads.

*Jack is Elizabeth's dead twin brother, who when he died, has somehow connected himself to her, enabling her to be able to hear him speak to her
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

I need a drink Empty Re: I need a drink

Post by Vera Parker Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 am

Vera flopped into the chair across the table from the woman with all the pomp and airs that Vera could achieve. With the added mirth of her baby bump she found that she could do it with much more drama now, "You don't mind if a woman takes a break do you? You will not believe how much my feet hurt." She held up her foot to frown at it. Her ankles and foot region were obviously getting swollen. "You can not believe how glad I'll be when that is gone."

Leaning back, in the chair she rolled her shoulders before grabbing the sleeve of a young man who walked buy, pulling on her most charming smile and slipping a bill into his hand, "Would you mind terribly getting me a butterbeer love?"

Grinning to herself as the dazed boy walked away to do what she had asked she turned back to the woman who's table she had stolen.

"I'm Vera by the way. You really don't mind do you? I really did need a seat."
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 am

Elizabeth turned at the sound of another voice speaking to her. At first she wasn't sure the woman was speaking to her, until she turned to see her sitting down beside the brunette. Smiling kindly, Lizzie shook her head and said, "Not at all. I can see why you would want, or rather need to sit down."

Her brown eyes glanced down at the woman's round belly, and smiled. "How far along are you?" Lizzie asked politely observing for a brief moment longer of the woman's swollen stomach. She would have taken a guess at maybe three or four months, though she has never had children of her own, her old friends had.

"Elizabeth, but you can call me, Liz, Lizzie, Ellie, Eliza, or even Bess. Which ever you prefer." she said with a small laugh.

Don't bore the poor woman with your many names, Lizzie. Jack's soft voice said in her ear. Lizzie ignored her brother and continued on her conversation with the newly introduced, Vera, as though she had heard nothing.

Taking a small sip of her wine, she glanced side long at Vera and wondered why she was here in a pub of all places. "What brings you down here, of all places?" she questioned, curiousity getting the better of her, however politely she asked.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:58 am

Stretching out slightly she turned around to lean on the table, resting her hand on the bump and smiling slightly, "Four actually. It seems like it hasn't been that long at all." She let out a laugh slightly, before the boy came back with her butterbeer, she gave him a grin and passed him a little extra money before he went off on his way, sneaking a few glances back. It was slightly comforting to know she could still be considered attractive with another person causing her abdomen to bulge out like a mountain. "Though you hardly want to hear about that."

"I think Eliza has a nice ring to it, don't you?"

Sipping at her drink slowly, Vera looked around the room before answer, "Well the simple answer would be I just missed places like this. Not being able to drink is a slight drag, between you and me but long answer... let's just say I wanted to get out and this counted, somehow, as a 'safe' place." Letting out a laugh she shook her head, "That sounds totally cryptic doesn't it? Just... smile and nod. It's much easier that way."
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 am

"Wow four months?" Lizzie asked, with a slight look of surprise on her face as she took another small sip of her wine. "Well, you have my congratulations." she said placing the glass down, and then looking at Vera and her unborn child with slight jealousy.

Ever since Elizabeth was a child, she had imagined gettin married and having a child. She was unsure of whether Vera was married or not, but she still had one thing that Lizzie always wanted.

"It does, doesn't it?" she said, laughing lightly. Not many people had actually vouched to call her Eliza, so she allowed the yound woman before her to be one of the few that did.

"Ah, well, what's the harm in a night out once in a while?" Lizzie said smiling. "It's nice to get out, away from everything. And for you, I can see why you would need to get out for a night to relax." she said gesturing to Vera's rounded stomach, with a small chuckle.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 am

She let out a little laugh and nodded, "Well thank you. Its been..." Vera frowned for a moment, gaze darkening ever so slightly before she shook her head and smiled, "A little unconventional perhaps but... a long time. I wait a long time for this." She spun her cup slightly for a moment before laughing and looking up at the woman again, "But you don't want to listen to a silly woman's blather."

"How old are you?" It was just sort of blurted out, though she was looking at the woman she was now talking about but she couldn't figure out, not to the exact date and her curiosity was beginning to kill her.

"Exactly. You would not believe how awful a house can get after weeks on end."
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Elizabeth gave the woman a small smile. "I don't mind, not really. I've had friends who have had children before, so I am used to them talking about it. So, feel free to blather." she said kindly, hoping not to offend her, though she wasn't sure that what she had said, would really stand as offensive.

"I just turned twenty five in April." she replied, a hint of humour in her voice at Vera's sudden question.

Elizabeth shrugged. "Well, I do to some extent, though I try to get out as often as possible. I hate being locked up in my house for too long."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:59 am

"I'm assuming you don't have any of your own?" It seemed like a question to follow with. Really, Vera had children on the brain so often now that she had trouble counting the conversations she hadn't had. "Or a man, men are always exciting."

Letting out a laugh, she grinned reminiscently, "Twenty-five. I remember twenty-five, I think I was still in my first blunder of a marriage at twenty-five. Or maybe I had smartened up by then." Vera shrugged as if it was no big deal. Everything about her posture stated such things but in truth she knew exactly what she had been doing at twenty-five - she had had her first miscarriage at 25, got beaten to a pulp at 25 because she had tried to leave Noel at twenty five.

"I use to live in places like this, when I was younger... and not all that younger. I didn't grow up very well."
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:55 am

With a shake of her head, her brown hair falling in her face slightly, she said, "No and no. No children, no man." She merely shrugged her shoulders and took a long sip of her wine. It had never really bothered her that she had never had a man in her life, but she still had years ahead of her for some kind of romance.

"Oh, really? Do you mind me asking, what happened?" she asked, placing her glass down on the bar table. It wasn't like she was going to force Vera to tell her, Elizabeth was just honestly curious, she meant no harm. "You don't have to tell me, if you would prefer not to." she said giving Vera a smile.

Tilting her head to the side a little in a questioning manner, Elizabeth turned to her drink for a moment, but did not take a sip. She wasn't sure what to say, and she didn't want to say anything that might offend the woman sitting next to her.

"I am sorry to hear that." she said finally, looking up again into Vera's eyes. "I'll be honest and say my life wasn't all that great either, but your situation seems a lot worse."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Vera's smile was both encouraging and sympathetic, "Some think its easier that way anyway. And who needs to be tied down with all those things anyway - twenty fives still young, time to party and live life, right?"

Vera had certainly done her share of partying and living life - she might have even on more than one occasion over done it. But that was life, you made mistakes and you grew from them. Vera had certainly made her share of mistakes - and she could only hope that she's grown enough from them.

"Truth be told, the thought of being responsible for a child's life is more than a little terrifying anyway."

Waving her hand light at the question, Vera's easy going manner did not shift, "Its not prying when I brought it up, is it? Just the usual sob story - young girl, handsome charming boy. Its very easy to believe you love someone when they are so very dotting upon you - even easier when you just want someone to love you. But I was wrong about the loving him, and he was a little too liberal with his fist when he was angry. It was a relationship doomed from the start, I was just too naive at the start to realized it."

She took a sip of her drink and then shrugged her shoulders again, "Oh no, don't worry about my childhood. I'm sorry to hear about yours mind you. It was true my mother was a cold hearted bitch, but I had enough support. I just didn't want to grow up. I think I was as much trouble as a child could get. Even with a good mother, I wouldn't have made parenting easy." Another reason why the thought of being responsible for a child terrified Vera just a bit - she didn't know if she could handle herself.
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Smiling back at Vera, her smile giving her a small boost of confidence, Lizzie said, "Yeah, exactly."

She hadn't really thought about it that way. Sure she was still young but sometimes she felt like twenty-five was older than what it was. Maybe it was because after Jack died, though he was young it seemed as though all of his years had added onto her own.

Raising her eyebrows, a wash of sympathy came over Elizabeth as she lightly patted Vera's shoulder in hope of giving her some comfort. "My mother always told me it was frightening at first, but in the end it's worth it." she said with a smile.

In listening to her story, Elizabeth continued to feel awful for what had happened to the woman. She herself had never truly been in love, sure she had crushes growing up, but never had she known what it was really like to love someone. "I'm sorry that that happened to you." she said, meaning behind her words.

She had a feeling Vera had heard people say the same thing over and over again, but she had to say it, she didn't think anyone should have to have gone through what she had.

"Ahah, thank you. But listen," she said taking a quick sip of her drink. "I may not know much about you, or what you've been through, but you're gonna be a great mother, everything is gonna work out." she gave Vera a smile, hoping that maybe her words would help the woman feel even a little bit better.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 am

Vera shrugged her shoulders half heartedly, refusing to be put down by such dismal thoughts. That was her past and she was done with it now. Vera had a future, and that future was not Noel - that future was bright happy, hopeful. Her future promised an understanding of family as the woman had never actually known before.

A child. A husband - that she actually loved, that actually cared about herself, her safety.

"It made me a different person, hopefully a better person," she gave a soft smile and then held up her hand, watching the ring glinting in the light, "Hopefully I made the better choice, this time around." The shine in her eyes and bouncing tone in her voice stated that she already knew she had.

Putting the hand down again, she clicked the metal band against the wood of the table as she listened to the woman's reassurances. It was much of the same she had heard from people she knew well - aside from Zino, but if she ever got a sincere compliment from that man, Vera would probably have a heart attack - and she supposed it could be true. Part of her believed it, another pert of her would always worry

But maybe that was what parenting was.

"I'm afraid I'll be the most troublesome mother; always fluttering around, panicking over a scrapped knee." Not even born yet, and the thought of any harm coming to the child inside of her was causing Vera herself pain.
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Elizabeth had often wondered what it would be like to be married, to have children. The idea had been put off for a while now, she wasn't sure why. Maybe she was afraid? In any case, she had a lot of respect for the woman beside her, for going through so much and still coming out strong.

"Well you seem happy, and strong. And I admire you for that." she said with a genuine smile. "Takes a while to get over certain things, tragedies or otherwise."

Elizabeth tossed her hair over her shoulder and downed the last of her wine in one. "I'm pretty sure that's normal, to be worried about every little thing. Takes time. That's all." she said placing her empty glass on the table.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Vera smiled warmly at the compliments, her gaze glancing around the small pub for a moment, lingering in the corner before looking back towards the girl who was in front of her.

"Thank you. I don't think... I don't know how many people recognize that," she said softly, the grin and easygoing manner never leaving her, but the importance that she felt was still there in an undercurrent, "Then again, I do not show it to most people."

She gave a laugh, and a nod, "Well thank you for that advice. Who knows. Maybe I'll force you to babysit, just so you can see the little demon I'm sure I'm creating." Her voice was light and playful. Vera already adored her unborn daughter, no matter what sort of personality she may end up having.
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm

"You're welcome." Elizabeth said, matching Vera's smile with an equally warm one. "Takes time to open up a little." she replied placing her hands on the bar, tapping her finger nails against it.

Elizabeth thought about when her brother had died, how long it took for her to open up to people. If she remembered correctly it took years. Years to find someone who would listen and be her friend. She was only about sixteen when someone finally approached her, and persuaded her to open up.

"I'm up for a challenge." Elizabeth replied with a hearty laugh. "I love kids. I may not be great with them, but I try." she said smiling. Elizabeth really would have loved to baby sit for Vera. She really did love kids, and hoped that she was good for the job.

Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 am

"It does, doesn't it?" Vera gave a wide and open smile, taking a sip from her glass, finishing the remaining butterbeer in one gulp. Setting it back on the table she leaned back in her chair, her protruding stomach popping above the table slightly. "Though I've always been rather chatty."

Her hand tracing the bump lovingly, she smiled at it, humming to herself and only half hearing the words the woman across from her was speaking, "Good. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure little Scarlet will love some time with-"

"Vera? Vera Parker?" Her conversation cut off, Vera looked away from her new companion and up at the source of the voice, her gaze moved from curious, to a double take and then suddenly she was up on her feet with a squeal, throwing her arms around the boy finding it slightly difficult with Scarlet in the way.

"Natty!" Her voice just like the squeal before filled the noisy pub cutting off other conversations. "Little Natty Weasley," she pulled back with a grin looking him over, "You aren't so little any more."

His eyes moved down to the bump where Scarlet was growing, "Neither are you."

Turning her head she laughed, and at the same time noticed Elizabeth.

"Oh Eliza! This is my best friend from Hogwarts, Nathaniel Weasley. Natty, this is my brand new friend Elizabeth."

Nathaniel held out his hand to the woman laughing as he went, "Same old Verita, I see. Making friends everywhere."
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Tossing her hair over her shoulder as she laughed, Elizabeth nodded. "I know what you mean. I always used to be the chatty one between my brother and I." she replied with a shrug. Jack was never the chatty one, now he was, more or less, but he never used to be.

Looking around at Vera as she hopped off her stool and ran to the man who called her name, Elizabeth smiled slightly before standing up to meet the man. "Pleasure to meet you Nathaniel. I'm Elizabeth Foster." she said kindly, introducing herself while shaking the man's hand.

"Ah, well what's life without a few friends?" she said smiling. Friends were what everyone needed, even if it was only one person. Everyone needed a friend by their side.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 pm

After allowing him to give an easy and polite greeting to the woman Vera, promptly sat back down, pulling her old friend down besides her, being as close and snuggling as she had all those years ago. In truth, this was probably more exciting for Vera than for Nathaniel - she hadn't seen any of her school friends since her attack. A few of those that knew had shunned her, others she just drifted away from with fear.

Natty had been one of the few to fall in the middle. He had heard through the grapevine but before he could show Vera his support - he had no problem with her actually (though as anyone but Vera would tell you, he never had any problem with anything Vera did)- but Vera drifted away from even him too before he had the chance to say otherwise.

"Exactly," Vera exclaimed with a loud and pointed voice. A grin was still wide on her face, "See, she knows where it is at. Its why I like her, my Eliza."

Nathaniel snorted, "Your Eliza already?" He leaned across the table to look at the other woman, "Did she even give you a chance to run before she claimed you as part of her flock?"

"Pack, actually would be the more appropriate word Natty dear," she chirped easily, "And don't mind him Eliza - he's just a prick who thinks he can know everything about me after, oh what, ten, eleven years?"

Her eyes were twinkling as she said it though. Vera didn't seem to mind at all.
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Elizabeth watched as the two friends re-united, and smiled. She wished she could see her old school friends again, but then again, she didn't really consider them her friends. Friends didn't shun you and call you insane because you told them your brother bonded his soul to you.

They wouldn't spread rumours about you, and laugh as you walked by. No, they were not her friends. At least now, she had one or two new friends, including Vera, and to her, that was all she needed.

"No, I'm afraid not. But I'll manage." she joked, humour twinkling in her eyes as she looked between the two friends. "So, ten years, you've known each other? Wow." she said with a grin. "That's great." and there was honesty behind her words.

She was happy that Vera had someone she could call friend after all these years, after whatever it was that she had been through. The young brunette would have given anything for a friend like that.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Vera let out a triumphant laugh and stuck out her tongue, bumping against the boy - man now - as she did so. She was as ignorant of the flush of his skin and the lingering way he kept the contact now as she had been when they were children. Vera knew many, many things but when it came to Natty she just couldn't see what was right in front of her.

Maybe she just didn't want to.

"See, she thinks I'm wonderful."

The man snorted and shook his head, "I wouldn't go that far Verita. Would you go that far Liz?"

Snorting Vera shoved the man and attempted to pull her knees into her stomach, curl up on the chair as she use to but stopped when her stomach reminded her that she couldn't. Letting out a huff of inconvenience, muttering something about no one told her about this part, she leaned forward instead.

"Well... we've known each other longer then ten," Vera stated slowly sobering ever so slightly, "I'd say eighteen years or more? But I haven't seen him in near ten."

Nathaniel leaned closer to her, voice slightly slower, "And who's fault is that?" She only gave a bashful little smile in response. It was her fault of course, but who could blame her? Having your friends tell you you're a freak hurt - it was easier to just leave before they got the chance to do so.
    Elizabeth Foster
    Elizabeth Foster
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Elizabeth Foster Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 am

DONE! THE TWO WILL MEET AGAIN ON THE NEW SITE!

-Agreed by JJ and Clarkey

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 am