Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Ezekiel Wolfe
Asric Chaos
6 posters

Lesson One H&E (First Years)

Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Lesson One H&E (First Years) Empty Lesson One H&E (First Years)

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Asric stopped right in the middle of the field and glanced at his watch. He was five minutes early, he sighed glancing down at the register a little disappointed at how many students he had. Four minutes to go and still no one had arrived.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson One H&E (First Years) Empty Re: Lesson One H&E (First Years)

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Seth arrived and saw Professor Chaos standing on the Field checking his watch. Seth came up to the Professor and said "Hello Professor, I am here for class." He hoped that he was on time as there was no one else around. "You can call me Seth or Boomer Sir."

Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:01 am

Scarlet walked inside carefully and shyly as she looked around. She's the 2nd student who came here, so does that mean she's still early? Smiling, she bowed at the professor and said "Good day". She walked towards the Hufflepuff and smiled. "Hello. I'm Scarlet. May I sit with you?"
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 pm

"Sure, I don't mind," he said. He did really mind but didn't want to be mean to the girl so he would just grin and bear it until the Professor decided what to do with them all.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

Scarlet looked at his eye and read his mind. She frowned a little, but sat eventually, pretending she didn't hear his thoughts. She was supposed to ask for his name, but knowing how she'd bother him, she didn't pry.

[OOC: Just to clear it all up, Scarlet isn't a legilimens. Reading minds is her gift since birth.]
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

He glanced down at his watch once more and frowned. Two students? Now that was slightly disappointing. "Seems your fellow class mates don't know fun when they see it." He smiled rubbing his hands together.

"Right i think we'll start. If you thought this lesson was going to be easy you were wrongly mistaken. A mistake that a lot of people make, but i can guarantee if you stick to this lesson you will be able to find anyone or anything using the skills you will learn here with me." He said. "I'm good at what i do, i can practically find anything if it leaves a trail which most things do." He said flicking his wrist so his wand appeared in his hand.

"Right name me all the senses we humans use on a day to day basis." He said pointing his wand at each student in turn.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Seth decided to speak up first. "Let's see," Seth said and thought for a second before replying, "We use Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell and Taste."
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Valerie careened to the class, not even caring if her sister was behind her. They were very very late, like they had been to almost every class. Like Becky had predicted.

"Sorry I'm late, Headmaster. We got lost. Um, I'm Valerie Greenway, and my sister... who really should have kept up, but will be here in a moment, is Rebecca Greenway." She introduced.
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 pm

He nodded. "Correct Mr Forsyte. Sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste. Now which one do you think an average human being uses the most on a daily basis? Is the answer different or the same for animals?" He asked looking around for a volunteer.

"Nice of you to join us Miss Greenway i will let you off seeing as it's only the first lesson." He said glancing down at his watch before returning to look at the class.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:23 am

Scarlet raised her hand. "Sight is probably one of the most developed and used sense the humans use, followed by hearing. As for the animals..." she said, thinking deeply, "their most used sense is hearing, since half of them don't have clear eye sight, they use their ears to help them go through their life."
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:34 am

"I'm right behind you." Becky growled. "And you're the reason we got lost in the first place. If you had listened to me, we would have been here early, not late."

She bowed to the headmaster. "Rebecca Greenway, sir."

She caught up with the conversation easily, and listened raptly.
    Emily Griffin
    Emily Griffin
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Emily Griffin Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Emily practically stumbled to class. She put her hands on her knees and was breathing heavily.
    ''My apologies professor.'' She said while trying to catch her breath. ''I just signed up and got lost.''
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:08 pm

"Actually it depends on the animal what sense is more important." Seth said, "Bats can't see so they use sound which is also known as echolocation. They use it to sense how far away their pray and other animals and such are."

"Another animal that uses another sense more is the snake. They use smell more then any other sense. As humans we use an array of senses with sight being most important."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 pm

He nodded. "Correct you are Miss Potter and Mr Forsyte." He smiled. "10 points each. Now humans tend to rely on their sight a lot. Without it most of us would be lost. Animals on the other hands tend to rely on their hearing and sense of smell since they are much stronger." He said looking at each student in turn.

"Now with those senses in mind give me two rules for when hunting to make sure you aren't detected." He said looking for a volunteer.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:36 pm

"Well with those two things in mind, their sense of smell and hearing," Seth said "I would say that if we wanted to be unseen so to speak from animals we would have to mask our smell somehow and be so quiet that any noise they hear is just a natural part of nature."
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:50 am

Becky thought for a moment before offering, "You can't breath loudly, as that would alert the prey and send them scattering. And things from nature could be used to cover your scent, such as mud."

She glanced at Valerie and raised her eyebrow in the silent question of whether her twin had anything to add.
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm

He nodded. "You've both hit the nail on the head. So ladies make sure when hunting you don't take showers with lots of shower gel to make you smell nice because to the predators out their you smell like danger or food. They won't hesitate if they smell you which they no doubt will if you smell like you do today." He said. "I could smell you from across the field."

"As Miss Greenway pointed out mud is often used with muggles to cover their scent. We wizards though do have spells to mask our smell but that's another lesson entirely." He said turning to look behind him as birds scattered out of the trees. "Somethings riling the birds in the forest." He chuckled.

"Right we have a problem. You're in the forest with no wand when you are spotted by a pack of wolves, they begin a chase. What do you do?"
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 pm

"Well I think the smartest thing to do would be to climb a tree or something they can't climb" Seth said, "because you can't outrun them and playing dead won't help."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:47 pm

He nodded. "Very good Mr Forsyte. Wolves will either pounce or attack your ankles to get you down to their level. If you can avoid that long enough to climb up a tree you'll be fine. Just hope the tree you chose has a nice comfy branch to sit on because you could be there a while." He smirked.

"You might wanna practice that you know, climbing trees, you never know when it might come in useful." He chuckled. "Wolves are fascinating creatures. They can work just as well alone as they can in a pack. If you bump into a wolf pack you're pretty much dead unless you can do this." He said turning into his wolf animagus form.

"Now your in a clearing with a dangerous wolf what do you do?" He asked sending the thought into all of their heads before he gritted his teeth and crouched low to the ground ready to pounce.

"Survivor wins all." He said before letting out a snarl and pouncing.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:58 am

"Holy crap," Seth yelled when Asric turned into a wolf. He then heard Asric project some thoughts into their heads.

"Well good thing I have climbed trees before," he said smartly. But as he looked around frantically he saw they were all pretty big. Bigger then the ones he had to climb as a kid.

He figured he better get started so he ran for one of the more smaller trees of the larger ones. He started to climb but couldn't get a good grip. He looked back to see the professor going after some of the other students but realized it wouldn't be long before he was on the menu.

He continued to try to climb as time was running out.
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 am

He laughed it first starting off as a bark until her turned back into his human form. "I'll save the ripping you to shreds for another day i think." He smiled glancing down at his watch. "Oh seems we've run out of time for today kids. Remember what you've learnt today i might test you on it next lesson." He said before spinning on the spot and apparating straight to the ministry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:23 am