Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Third Years: Lesson 1

Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Third Years: Lesson 1 Empty Third Years: Lesson 1

Post by Katerina Pucey Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Katerina waved her wand and cushions appeared in the grass. Today would be a sit-down-lesson, for she knew many of the students would be incapable of participation with the particular creature she chose.

She checked her student list.
    Gryffindor:
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Lacey Black

Ravenclaw:
    Kayla Moonwater

Hufflepuff:
    ----

Slytherin:
    Carina Rosier
    Aireon Thiren

There weren't a whole lot in her class, not a single Hufflepuff, but smaller was better when it came to animals. Plus, she'd be able to keep an eye on the more rambunctious students so that no one lost a limb. The very thought made her cringe.

Kat looked back over at the dark creature before tossing it a piece of meat. She planted herself in the grass and waited for her students arrival.

(OOC: You have until Wednesday to post. After Wednesday, you'll be marked as late or absent.)

Last edited by Katerina Pucey on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Third Years: Lesson 1 Empty Re: Third Years: Lesson 1

Post by Lacey Black Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 am

Lacey walked towards to the edge of the Forbidden forest where she saw Professor Pucey waiting. She slowed to a more calm pace and took a seat on one of the cushions that were available. "Hello, Professor." she said with a smile, looking around the animal they would be studying.
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 am

Kathy rushed in the room.

"Good day professor" Kathy greeted cheerfully as she smiled.

Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Katerina pushed herself into a standing position and glanced at the only two students that arrived. "Well, I see our class is very small. Only the two of you, but that's not a big deal. Just hope more will arrive eventually." she clapped her hands together with a smile. "Well, let's start then, shall we?"

Kat motioned for the two girls to look at a spot near the edge of the Forbidden Forest. They probably though her crazy, but they would understand soon. "Let's start off with this plain and simple. Who can tell me what the conditions need to be for one to be able to see a Thestral?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 am

Lacey's hand shot in the air. "For one to see a Thestral, said person would have to have seen death at one point or another in their life."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 am

Aireon rushed onto the grounds. This was the second class he'd been late to. He apologized to the professor.

"Sorry, I'm late," he said. Only when he finished did he see them. They looked like horses, yet they were skeletal in physique. He realized what they were. And he knew why he could see them.
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:45 am

Katerina eyed the new students for a minute before nodding her head with a patient smile. "Quite alright Mr. Thiren, but I'm afraid I'll have to deduct two points from Slytherin."

Turning to Lacey, she smiled. "Excellent job Miss Black! Two points to Gryffindor. If only I could have two apprentices. . ." she winked. "But yes, the only way one can see Thestral is for one to have seen death. I can see the Thestrals for I've seen death once before in my life. I am guessing you can as well, Mr. Thiren and Miss Black?" she understood the looks on their faces as they eyed the seemingly blank spot at the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

"Who can tell me a superstition about Thestrals?"

Third Years: Lesson 1 Thestr10
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:47 am

Lacey's hand shot in the air. "Thestrals are highly frowned upon creatures because they are believed to bring bad luck. Upon realizing that one can only see a Thestra by having seen deathl, people began to spread superstitions that they brought bad luck such as death and that they were evil."
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:24 am

"Excellent Miss Black! Five point to Gryffindor." Kat praised. "Now, as Miss Black has said, Thestrals are believed to be a dark omen which brings bad luck and death. This is said because Thestrals can only be seen when one has seen death. This is, of course, just a superstition and has been proved as such.

"Thestrals are carnivorous creatures, attracted to the smell blood, they are very different from regular winged horses. Albeit their oddness, Thestrals are indeed a type of winged horse. They are incredibly magical creatures, able to fly through the air at a magically fast pace and they have a great sense of direction.

"In fact, they are what draw the carriages form Hogsmeade Station to Hogwarts. Of course most, and hopefully none, of the students can see them -- thinking the carriages magically pull themselves." Katerina looked around at the students. "Does anyone have any questions? Any questions about Thestrals, or about the ones we have here at Hogwarts, or if I can see them? Who here can see them?"

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:32 pm

"Thestrals have been considered omens of evil, but now that I see them, I think that it's because of their appearance," Aireon replied. He wondered what it would be like to pet it but kept that question to himself.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:11 am

Lacey's hand slowly lifted into the air. "I can, Professor."

Clearing her throat, she decided to inquire about the Thestrals at Hogwarts. "Can you tell me about the Thestrals we have here at Hogwarts? And what the name of this one is." she gestured to the creature eying them curiously.
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:06 am

Kat looked at the girl gravely, her eyes sad as she nodded. "Well, then you are quite allowed to pet him if you would like. But I understand if you don't."

Loving the topic of the Thestrals she helped take care of, Kat smiled. "The herd here at Hogwarts started with one male and five females, of course the herd and grown since then, and we use them to pull the carriages from Hogsmeade Station to Hogwarts. One of the old Headmasters, and greatest sorcerer ever known, used to travel by Thestral on occasions when he wanted to arrive somewhere quickly but did not wish to apparate. This one, that you are currently look at, more or less, is named Tenebrus. He was one of the first Thestrals ever born from the small herd we started out with."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Lacey managed a smile and decided that it would be quite interesting to the pet the Thestral. So, she slowly stood up and walked towards the creature. Stopping a few feet away, she met its hallow eyes and inched closer, her hand outstretched. It didn't move nor flinch when her hand met its nose, and she found herself relaxing. She had watched Professor Pucey do this so it was obvious that it couldn't be terribly savage.

It was bumpy and cool, nothing like skin. But it was oddly comforting as her hand rubbed its nose and she listened to its breathing.

Lacey nodded. "So this is Tenebrus then?" she looked at the Thestral. "Do you take care of all of the Thestrals here at Hogwarts?"
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 am

Kat smiled. "Yes, this is Tenebrus." she threw the animal another piece of meat before turning to Aireon. "Mr. Thiren, would you like to come pet Tenebrus?"

Turning back to Lacey, she shook her head. "No, I just help. I do, however, do quite a bit. The caretaker and I split most of the jobs with them up. There's not much to do, though. They can take care of themselves. Usually, the little ones will learn their actions from their parents and the adults. So if one Thestral is trained and behaves as such, then the others will be as well. Very intelligent creatures they are."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:31 pm