Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+5
Melanie McKinnon
Shaun Moody
Ethan Desford
Demo Matimarcan
Asric Chaos
9 posters

Lesson Two (Third years)

Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Lesson Two (Third years) Empty Lesson Two (Third years)

Post by Asric Chaos Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Asric walked down to the dungeons feeling slightly uneasy. He hated being indoors as it was without being indoors and underground, it made him feel more trapped than ever before. He took a deep breath and sat down, in todays lesson he was sure he was going to lose his cool.

Lesson Two (Third years) Empty Re: Lesson Two (Third years)

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Aireon walked in tot the classroom. His ice-blue scanned his surroundings. He noticed a different professor at the desk. Realizing it was the the Headmaster, he greeted him.

"Good afternoon, professor," he greeted. He sat himself down in the front seat.
    Demo Matimarcan
    Demo Matimarcan
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Demo Matimarcan Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Demo frowned as he entered, not really liking the cold eerie atmosphere. He would've thought a potions class would be slightly more colourful, even if it was in the dungeons. He didn't look at the headmaster or the other student as he came in, and it wasn't because he was shy, but because he was too shocked at the fact that he didn't lose his wand on the way over here to even notice them.
    Ethan Desford
    Ethan Desford
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ethan Desford Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:25 am

Ethan arrived to Potions to see that the Headmaster was the teacher. He found it quite odd that he was teaching a mojority of the classes but it wasn't for him to question what he did. He saw that Demo was already there and was surprised as Demo was usually late. He walked up to where Demo was sitting and said "Hiya Demo, you are early today, that is a first"
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:43 pm

He sighed. "Professor Dosha is no longer with us." He said glancing at his watch. "And that's all you need to know. So no questions unless it has to do with the lesson. If you insist you have questions to be answered then stay after class in your own time." He said flicking his wand so the words Shrinking Solution appeared written.

"Who can tell me what this potion does?" He asked looking for a volunteer.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Oliver had arrived just in time to class to hear what the Professor was asking.

"The Shrinking Solution makes things shrink in size, as the name states," he answered. "But apparently it can also reverse the aging process as well."
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson Two (Third years) Empty Lesson Two

Post by Shaun Moody Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Shaun reached the classroom door and knocked, 'Hello headmaster, hope I'm not interrupting anything?' He gave a small nod at him. Man! Does he look tired. He thought.
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:08 pm

He smiled in relief. "Welcome Professor. Class this is Professor Moody he will be taking over your potions lesson. If you have any questions direct them to him unless they are for in which case you know where my office is." He said already half way out of the door.

"I'll leave them in your hands Professor." He said before leaving the dungeons to get some fresh air.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Shaun nodded at the headmaster and faced his class. 'Ok, hello and all that. Now who can tell me what did you brew the last class?'

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 pm

"We were going to spend our time perfecting the Draught of the Living Death Potion," he said. "But we never go to it."
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 am

'A whole hour and you didn't get to it?' Shaun asked incredulous. 'Well, we'll have to remedy that, don't we?' He glanced at the board, 'Shrinking Solution, hmmm? Tell me one ingredient, each of you. Five points for every correct answer and bonus ten for stating the function of the ingredients in the potion. And. Don't. Consult. Your. Books.'

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:12 am

"The Shrinking Solution makes things shrink in size, as the name states," he repeated the same thing from earlier. "But apparently it can also reverse the aging process as well and one of the ingredients is a Rat's Spleen, Professor."

Oliver had read about this potion and was glad he had studied it before he came to class.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:05 am

'You misunderstand my question Mr. Penderghast. I asked for the function of the ingredient, in your case rat spleen, in the potion. What property does it introduce in the potion? Oh, and five points to Ravenclaw.' Shaun allowed a small smile.
    Melanie McKinnon
    Melanie McKinnon
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Melanie McKinnon Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Melanie knew she was late.
    Hell, she was turning out to be the Late-Queen-of-lateness.
    But it had all been damn Peeves fault.. this time anyway.

"I'm so sorry Professor that I'm late," she breathed out when she entered the classroom. "Peeves was throwing ink bottles everywhere and for some reason aquamenti wouldn't get it all off-" she clutched her sides and let out a heavy breath before taking a seat in the back off the classroom, not bothering to find a seat close to her friends because she was hurrying too much.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:49 pm

"So nice of you to join us, Ms. Mckinnon. As it happens, you're the last student I'm allowing today without a house point deduction. We're discussing Shrinking Solution today. Can you give us an ingredient and there use in the potion?" Shaun waved a hand and the door slammed into its frame.
    Melanie McKinnon
    Melanie McKinnon
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Melanie McKinnon Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Melanie almost felt like hugging the Professor for not taking points from her.
    But then again he did not look like the hugging time and would that look extremely weird.
    Instead she just smiled and nodded her head.

"Yes I can Professor. One of the ingredients would be Leech Juice. Leech juice is a purple liquid, and to the Shrinking Solution you add only one dash of it and then its supposed to become the right acid green color, but if you add too much, it causes the potion to turn orange instead of the bright green color and the potion can end up deadly."

She wasn't sure if she had everything right, but that was all she could remember about the potion.
    Arsen Salvator
    Arsen Salvator
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Arsen Salvator Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

(OOC Pretend ive been here the whole time, i didn't fancy like teaching myself.)
    Cepheus Turrow
    Cepheus Turrow
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Location : My Cardboard Box; Skillfully Evading Reality. [England]

Post by Cepheus Turrow Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:41 pm

[Can we pretend I've been here the whole time?]

Cepheus hummed under his breath as he sat in his chair, listening to the teacher and all of his other classmates answers to the questions. He smiled slightly, listening to the right and wrong answers. Potions wasn't his favourite lesson, but he was pretty good at it.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Shaun glanced at his wristwatch, "Well seems we're running late. So let me brief you on it, you can take notes if you like.
    Most of the ingredients aids in the shrinking effect of the potion such as shrivelfrigs, rat spleen and leech juice. Daisy root stunts the growth factor of the consumer. Sliced catterpiller aids in transformation, such as from a frog to a tadpole. Now, let's get on to the brewing part. Here goes the recipe:" with a wave of his hand, writing began to appear on the board.

1. Make sure you have all the ingredients prepared: slice the caterpillar, chop the daisy roots very carefully into even pieces, skin the shrivelfig, and juice the leeches.

2. Put the Dash of Leech Juice into your main cauldron, and leave it for several minutes to heat up. Then, add the caterpillars and the shrivelfigs, and stir for a few minutes, approximately 3-4.

3. After it starts getting a blueish-green color, add the rat spleen, and stir for a few minutes again. The potion should now have a dark green color.

4. Lastly, add the even pieces of Daisy Root, and stir every 5 minutes for at least 120 minutes. You potion should have a bright acid green color.

"Begin, choose your own partner and make sure you label the potion properly." Shaun sat down on the desk.

[OOC: Its ok, Arsen, Cepheus]
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Karma walked into the classroom, humming happily. She raise an eyebrow at the professor and slipped into a Seat in the middle of the classrom. "Sorry about that, Professor, a Gryffindor challenged me to a duel." She said with a smrik. Obviously she'd won.

She glanced at the board and sighed. Shrinking Solution. She could do them in her sleep.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am

Shaun shrugged a little, 'No problem Ms. Black, write me an essay on the ingredients and their individual effect on the potion, and its all daisies and sunshine.You have your recipe here, collect ingredients and begin.'

(OOC: Like previously established, essays are just for appearance.)

Last edited by Shaun Moody on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 am

Lucy stumbled in, tired. Se made herself perk up and nodded respectfully at the teacher before taking a seat.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 am

'Alright then' Shaun called, clapping his hands once, 'Wrap up time. You have glass vials at the backshelves. Take one, fill them with your brew, in whatever stage they are, lebel it, and leave it on me desk. You are free to go after that.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:25 pm