Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

The Christening of Mad

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

The Christening of Mad Empty The Christening of Mad

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 am

((OOC: A bit of backstory for Mad Lewis, as can be found through old newspaper articles, accompanied by the events themselves. The articles are open to be found by anyone who should wish to try to piece the story together. Mostly, this is just a means by which to tell part of Mad's story.

Articles shall be in italics; Past events in normal font.))

Village Boy Found Dead

MERLIN'S BROOK, IRELAND: A ten-year-old boy, Calum Lewis, was found dead yesterday afternoon in the small magic village of Merlin's Brook. Known by family and neighbors alike to be a sickly child, his death was deemed by authorities a tragic result of his condition.

A memorial for Lewis will be held at the end of the week.

~~~

Merlin's Brook
    Fifty Years Past

The girl moved along the dusty road, her skirt swishing with every step as she hummed contentedly to herself.

"'ey! Maddie!" a shop owner called out to her. "Still going out ter auld Caoimphe's for private tutorin'? Lassy loike you shud be gettin' proper learnin' up at 'ogwarts."

"An' if I went aff ter school, who'd take care of wee Calum, den?" Maddie queried with a smile. "I cannot go - me brother needs me."

"You do too much for dat boy," the man declared, shaking his head. "Your parents are well able ter care for young Calum. Yer educashun is far more important."

"Not so," countered the girl kindly. "Family is more important than anythin', and Calum most of all." She continued on her way, the man still shaking his head. A few minutes later, she arrived at her home.

"I'm back," she called, walking in the door.

"Welcome home, lass," her mother greeted. "Did ye 'ave a good lesson?"

"Mm," Maddie nodded in the affirmative. "I mastered freezing charms today an' started work on sum advance duelin' spells. Where's Calum?"

"Alwus, 'where's Calum'? Such a good sister yer are." The woman's tone was full of fondness. "He went down ter the brook ter entertain 'imself."

"By 'imself? Mum!"

"'e's ten years old, Madisen. Plenty old enoof ter go ter the brook by 'imself."

"'ow wus he, today?" Madisen asked. "Did he have any of 'is fits, at all?"

"Not today, no," answered the woman. "'e's been doin' well, of late."

"Perhaps, 'e'll git better, completely," the girl suggested.

"Perhaps," her mother agreed mildly. "Do go fetch yer brother won't ye? Supper 'ill be ready soon, an' I rather suspect he shall nade a bit of washin' up."

Madisen smiled. "Of course."

The girl wended her way happily down the road, stepping off it only when she neared the path leading down towards the brook. Madisen's heart lurched as she noticed a large stone embedded in the side of a tree – evidence that her brother had suffered one of his fits. Worried, she ran the rest of the way down the path, nearly falling and twisting her ankle more than once.

“Calum!” she called. It took her a moment to locate the boy, lying on the bank of the brook. Madisen quickly hurried to his side, cradling his small body in her arms. “My poor boy. It's alright, now – sister's here. Maddie's here, Calum.”

Madisen rocked him soothingly, caressing his cheek. “Come, love. Open yer eyes for me, Calum.”

Calum gave no response. In fact, he was disconcertingly still.

“Calum?” his sister firmly patted his cheek. “Calum!” Her fingers deftly searched for his pulse.

He had none.

“No... NO! CALUM!” Madisen gave him a gentle shake. Then, she started to scream. “HELP! SOMEBODY, PLEASE! Calum? Calum!!!”

(Note: Calum had a seizure disorder. Every time he had a seizure, his magic would act powerfully and beyond his control)

Last edited by Madisen Lewis on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

The Christening of Mad Empty Re: The Christening of Mad

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Grieving Sister Attacks Fellow Villager

MERLIN'S BROOK, IRELAND: Madison* Lewis, sister of the boy found dead earlier this week, struck out against a fellow villager yesterday...

~~~

Merlin's Brook
    Fifty Years Past

Madisen's mother gazed at her, frowning worriedly. The fourteen-year-old hadn't spoken a word since she had found Calum dead at the brook. She didn't do anything without prompting; it was as though the life had fled from her, leaving just an empty shell behind.

It was to be expected, really. Madisen's life practically revolved around her brother. In some ways, she had been more of a mother to Calum than Mrs. Lewis had been. Everything was dependent upon the effect it might have upon Calum.

I can't go away for school – what about Calum?

I don't have time for friends. Calum's more important.

Do you think Calum would like to have this? Do you think it would like to have that?

It wasn't until her son's tragic loss, that Caitrín Lewis considered that perhaps allowing Maddie to care so much for Calum might prove to the girl's detriment. Not that any of them felt anything less than heart-broken over Calum's death, but Madisen was just taking it so very hard.

The memorial for Calum had concluded nearly half an hour ago, and still Madisen sat, staring listlessly into the distance. She hadn't so much as moved.

Caitrín walked over to her daughter, gently laying a hand on her shoulder. “Maddie, I know -” the woman began, the words catching in her throat. Her husband was still thanking the well-wishers outside.

“Calum wus murdered,” Madisen whispered, her gaze moving to meet her mother's for the first time in days. “It wusn't 'is fit dat killed 'im – it wus magic. He wus murdered.”

“Madisen!”

Madisen pulled away from her mother and left, wandering away from the graveyard and the church. She passed others, but if they said anything to her, she didn't respond.

“'Tis a tragedy, aye,” one man was saying to another, “but on the other 'and, at laest young Calum is at peace now. He isn't sufferin', anymore.”

The girl's head snapped up, her wand suddenly in her hand. “'ow cud you say such a ting? Calum wusn't sufferin' – he wus a 'appy boy! Such a 'appy boy, an' 'e wus murdered.” Madisen raised her wand, expression twisted with grief and anger. “Diffindo!” she snarled.

Had the man not dodged quickly to the side, he might have lost his head. As it was, the severing charm grazed the side of his neck. He put a hand to the cut, eyes wide in shock and horror.

“Bleedin' 'ell!” exclaimed his companion. She lunged forward to try to wrest the wand from Madisen's hand as the girl started to cast another spell.

“Somebody 'elp!” the man cried out, moving to help the woman subdue the struggling teen. “'Tis the Lewis girl – the Lewis girl 'as gone mad!”

* The paper misspelled Madisen's name

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 pm