Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

"More Humane that way" (Jet Black) (Open)

Ciar Mel McHothead
    Ciar Mel McHothead
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

"More Humane that way" (Jet Black) (Open) Empty "More Humane that way" (Jet Black) (Open)

Post by Ciar Mel McHothead Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Karma was walking away from Iva and Double J's compartment when she noticed a boy sitting alone. Usually she didn't bother getting to know people who were just randomly sitting alone like that, but her conversation with Ian was making her feel a little more compassionate, and who knew how long that was going to last?

Karma pulled open the compartment door and slid into a seat, not bothering to ask permission first. "Hi. I feel like I've seen you before. Any idea why?"

~*~*~

Jet looked up at the girl who had just come inside like she owned the world. He was sick of people who thought they were all that. Sure, she was kind of cute, but why on earth would he let that get to him?

"Hey. You're that girl who lives next door!" He said, his blue eyes widening. "I didn't know you were a witch!"

~*~*~*~

Karma raised an eyebrow. "What, do you live under a rock? The Black family has been in Wizard history for ages." She looked him up and down unabashed. "I thought I'd smelled magic on you, I just figured you were a squib." She shrugged. "Guess I was wrong."

~*~*~*~

Jet was furious. "A Squib!?" He demanded. "Why would you think that?!? I'm not allowed to do magic in front of muggles!!" He paused. "As for living under a rock, I think I might. I dunno. I haven't been to Hogwarts even though we're the same age because I wandered off. I hadn't even gotten the letter until this year. It's like they forgot about me."

~*~*~*~

Karma did not want to sign up for this kid's pity party, neighbors or not.

"Here, kid." She threw a Chocolate frog at him. "I'm Karma Black."

~*~*~*~

Jet caught the frog with the skill of a Keeper. "Thanks." He pulled it out of the wrapper as he introduced himself. "I'm Jet. Jet Zambini." With that said, he opened his mouth and quickly bit the head off the frog. He raised his eyes to Karma's shocked ones. "What?"

~*~*~*~

"Why do you eat it like that?" She asked shocked. "Why did you... I mean... Why...?"

She'd never seen anyone eat a chocolate frog like her before. It was something her mother had told her, something that had stuck with her since that young age. Seeing someone else do it, a stranger none the less was violating and strangely satisfying.

~*~*~*~

Jet was confused. "I've always eaten them like that. My mother used to tell me that it was..."

~*~*~*~

Together they said it. "More humane that way."

~*~*~*~

Karma's eyes widened as they met his. "I... uh... I..." She blushed. Imagine! Her! Blushing!! She got up quickly. "I've got to go. Bye." She was out the door and down the corridor before he could get a word out.

~*~*~*~

Jet's returned her shocked look and tried to speak, but he couldn't. A warm sort of electricity was rising in his gut. Then she was gone. "Wait..." He said weakly, his hand raising to pull her back before she was gone. "Karma." he said quietly. He smiled for the first time in ages.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 pm