Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+5
Kathryn Anne Dagworth
Ciar Mel McHothead
Karmzy
Diane Scamander
Andria Fallen
9 posters

Lesson One - Fourth Years.

Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson One - Fourth Years. Empty Lesson One - Fourth Years.

Post by Andria Fallen Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:30 am

Alas, the last batch to teach and still, Andria had that glowing and motivated mind visible even on her face. Glad that the day would be over soon, or sad that her teaching will come to an end never occurred to her once. Fourth years are of course the most likely to be the interesting of all the years. Include the thought that they were more skilled, have a good sense of strong will, and determined. But perhaps the lack of the deeds is when she, the instructor saw the difference between the number of the subject's students. Not that it matters somehow and a situation that is obviously not something to react to. Yet, she had hoped over the summer that the number would rise and they would be much more active in recitations and, hard to say, more approachable.

Andi shrugged and waited for her once third years to come and that will to don't drop the expectation inside of her not-so-busy head.
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Lesson One - Fourth Years. Empty Re: Lesson One - Fourth Years.

Post by Diane Scamander Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Diane was quite happy today. In fact, today started out great. Starting with the weather and everything calm and peaceful.
    And what better way to start the day than dueling class. Ah.. to hear the breaking of bones and those sounds familiar to the witch's ears. So calming indeed.

She walked straight to the classroom with her wand, a textbook and a satisfying grin. It seems she has been quite punctual today.
    She took a seat in the front row and greeted her teacher.

What a perfect day so far
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Karma walked into the dueling classroom, a small smile on her face. Dueling. Finally. She couldn't wait to teach those Gryffs a lesson.

Karma slid into a seat in the middle, smiling at the teacher and completely ignoring the Gryff already in the classroom. "G'Morning, Professor." She smiled.
    Ciar Mel McHothead
    Ciar Mel McHothead
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ciar Mel McHothead Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

"Hello Professor" Greeted Jet as he walked into the classroom, his eyes noticing the only Slytherin there. He automatically moved toward her but she put a hand on the seat he chose and looked up at him. "Aria's going to sit there."

Jet put his hands up in mock surrender and chose the seat next to that one. "There happy?"

She didn't answer. Typical.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 am

Aireon entered the classroom with a subtle hint of sorrow. He received a letter from a friend that said they weren't coming to Hogwarts anymore. He was rather put out. He needed a way to vent his emotions, even though he was good at controlling them. Dueling held such a way. He wouldn't hurt any one, just release his emotions.

"Hello, Professor," he said as he took a seat at the front of the class.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 am

Andria nodded with pleasure towards her fourth year students and smiled as she heard the Slytherin boy make a remark as he save a seat for his friend maybe. She thought of the lessons he had prepared and decided that she would give them some head-start about their adventure through the whole term.

Andi paced around and asked her students what she had in mind to say to them,

"What is the advantage of using Non-Verbal Spells on Dueling students? Are you up for that challenge?"
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Diane raised her right hand and stood up.

"A non-verbal spell is a spell which is performed without saying the incantation out loud. It would be extremely useful in dueling since your opponent might not suspect that you are gonna attack him or her. As for me, I think I'm up for that. You know what they say, no guts, no glory," she said with a smile on her face.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 am

Aireon tensed ready for a surprise attack. He then realized that Professor Smith's teaching left him really jumpy. None the less, he knew it was useful.

After the Gryffindor answered, he raised his hand as well. "Another advantage is that when you are in a situation that requires stealth, you can surprise your enemy and take them down," he explained. He knew it may not refer to dueling, but he thought it was a good answer none the less.

"I'm ready for a challenge as well," he added.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 am

Amused by all the answers she received from the determined students, she nodded and smiled at them. They're more than she had expected them to be. As though their minds were like that of an adult's. More willing that ever to battle and enhance their skills for some reason and survival.

"Brilliant! Ten points for each of your house. Yes, Non-Verbal Spells are pretty useful for Duels. Your opponent might be left merely confused of what you're going to do to him or her. They won't expect what will come. And thus, there is a great chance of winning in the end."

She paused and stopped from her tracks, facing the class before continuing on,

"Now, as you may know it's not that easy to conjure a spell without speaking. We always know the basics. And for the moment we are going to level up from that chapter. Mind you, casting those spells takes a lot of concentration and effort from the every wizard. Especially for beginners. And when you were skilled enough, you'll master how to do it. For some reason, we'll first start with the common spells used by your earlier years of education. Maybe the Disarming for a start. What are the other methods besides pure concentration?"
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:47 am

Kathy entered the classroom with her book on her hand.
    She quickly took a sit by the corner and smiled to everyone else.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Karma raised her hand. "If you are used to casting a spell, say, Accio, and you just use the same movement, you'll be used to casting it so that it will just... work." Karma frowned. "Well, that worked for me anyway."

She smiled. "And bring any challenge.
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 am

Aria frowned. She seemed to have lost Arsen. Or maybe Arsen had intentionally lost her. That was possible. Actually, it was likely, considering they had all the same classes.

The girl finally found the Dueling classroom after making several wrong turns, peeking her head inside the door. "Hello!" she greeted cheerfully, stepping inside. Her brow furrowed. Arsen wasn't here, either.

"Sorry I'm late, professor," Aria said, a faint pout still on her face. "I got really lost!" The funny looking, floating little man certainly hadn't helped matters, either - he'd pointed her the wrong way!

Her face lit up as she spotted Karma, and she flitted over to the other girl. Aria tilted her head so it was level with her seated housemate. "Is this seat taken?" she asked, mismatched eyes shining hopefully.
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 am

Lucy hurried into the classroom. She muttered a quick "So sorry I'm late Professor" and took a seat quietly. The last thing she wanted was to draw attention to herself, but this was one of her favourite classes, and she was determined to prove herself, even if she was abit late for the first lesson of the year.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 am

Andria chuckled at the nervous students who have come and said kindly, not wanting them to be more nervous and that might ruin their day when she would reprimand them. She can never do that. Not even once. They are children. They must still be treated with respect even for an adult. What are the other professors doing to them perhaps? How would they feel?

"No one is late, lass. And I thank you all for attending. Ten points to Slytherin by the way Miss Black. We'll start the main activity shall we?"

She paused and drew her wand out from her pocket. She flicked it and the chairs were moved to the sides to make space. Like what she did over the past term during her first lessons. Placing the wand on her pocket again, she gave out the instructions about the practice session.

"Now, I want you to partner up and practice the spells non-verbally. Start with the basic and easy spells. Our focus today is not about the hard parts. But instead, each and everyone of you must conjure at least one spell without speaking. That's our goal. Try the best as you can to attack using the spells you're capable of. And defend yourselves for that matter. We'll consume the rest of the time there. Go ahead."

Tesla Gordon
    Tesla Gordon
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tesla Gordon Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 am

Tesla was running late for another class, because she got lost while searching for the dueling classroom. Again.
    It bugged her so much that because she wasn't here for 2 years, she forgot everything and everyone.

"I'm sorry...pro...ssor", she said between her heavy breaths, "I got lost because 'Ogwarts is still kind of new to me."
    Ciar Mel McHothead
    Ciar Mel McHothead
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ciar Mel McHothead Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 pm

"You can sit down there, Aria." Jet said with a slow smile. He stood and yawned, stretching. "Let's do this." His eyes focused on the quill in Karma's hand. He waved his wand and thought Accio. The quill quivered, but didn't come flying to him as he expected.
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Aria turned to give Jet a happy smile, taking a half-step back when the seats suddenly moved. The blonde's smile broadened. Magic was such a wonderful thing!

Her smile soon turned into a faint pout again. Aria didn't actually know any spells, let alone ones without any words. There was that one she saw Arsen use. What was it, again..?
    Arsen Salvator
    Arsen Salvator
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Arsen Salvator Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Arsen had spent all morning looking for Aria, he was responsible for her after all and if she didn't show up for lessons like all the other normal kids his father would definitely hear about it. He had searched the whole castle and grounds for her and found no sign of her. Eventually he gave up and headed straight for class which he was now late for.

"Sorry im late Professor." He said as he came through the door and spotted Aria. He sent her a look he could only inherit from his father before moving to take a seat at the back of the room.
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Aria smiled happily upon seeing Arsen, only to pout at the look he sent her. What was that for? She parted company with Karma and Jet in favor of moving over to him.

"Where did you go?" she asked quietly. "I couldn't find you. And then I got lost and that funny floating man pointed me the wrong way." Her expression became notably sulky at that thought.

"Arsen," Aria said, voice lowering to a whisper, "we're suppose to practice spells non-verbally. I don't know any spells, though." Her brow furrowed in concern.

Last edited by Aria on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:50 am

Aireon walked up to a Gryffindor. Lucy he thought her name was. His purpose, or purposes should he say, were simple. One was to try to make a friend outside of his house, and the other was to save at least give one Gryffindor the warning about Karma. He'd noticed her slight hostility to Gryffs lately.

"Excuse me, but do you want to be partners?" He suddenly felt self- conscience of himself. It was his usual inferiority complex coming into play. Why him?
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:23 am

Diane pulled Kathy's arm. "You're mine."

She smiled and proceeded to concentration. I know I can do this
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 am

"Guess i have no other chose" Kathy said as she scratched her head.

"So? You up for it?" she added as she put her hand to D's Shoulder.

Razz
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 am

Lucy was just a little shocked when the boy came up to her. She recognized him from several of her classes last year, Aireon was his name she though. She had seen him as friends with Karma, although that might just have been because they were in the same house.

She forced herself out of her thoughtful silence, "Oh right, sure. Although you better start, because I'm not really 100% sure how I'm supposed to do this."
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:37 am

"I hell am" Diane replied, pulling her wand off her cloak.
    "Now, which spell should we try first, Kathy? Accio, perhaps? Wingardium Leviosa or maybe Expelliarmus" She smiled at her cousin.

"Choose well"
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:07 am

"No problem at all students. You are most welcome to join us anytime."

Andria said with a grin as she busied herself watching the motivated and heavily active fourth years. She can't wait what would happen with the different and interesting Duels by such smart youngsters of Hogwarts.

She paced around the room, eager to take a closer look at each pair and perhaps guide them if anything would go wrong. She nodded at some who are really excited to have a go with their fellow partner and nothing else like this mattered to the woman. She was more glad with teaching than ever before. Just maintain this kind of atmosphere every now and then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:36 am