Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Full Circle | Rhena

Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Full Circle | Rhena Empty Full Circle | Rhena

Post by Rhys Edmunds Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 am

Rhys had asked a few people, garnering differing responses, trying to pinpoint where Lena might be. He knew, of course: the most likely place to find Lena was the library. Of course, he knew. He knew so much about the girl... but apparently, not enough.

Walking into the library, the redhead wandered the aisles until he spotted her. His heart clenched painfully. He swallowed the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat. And then he approached her.

"Hello, Lena," he said quietly. "Can we... talk?"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Full Circle | Rhena Empty Re: Full Circle | Rhena

Post by Rora Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 am

Lena had been in the library for an awful long while now, she had been crying, mentally committing suicide in her head for hours on end. She had been poring over her Charms essay for three hours now, and she had written only one foot of work in the middle of all this misery.

She couldn't get her head wrapped around what had happened with Charl - Prentiss. How... how could she dare do such a thing? Why did she even respond? And why was she acting like such a spazz in the first place?

As she sulked in the middle of the library, she heard the voice she had been dreading the most ever since. She wiped her tears before turning around. "W-What is it?" she asked. She swallowed, hoping he doesn't know yet.
    Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Rhys Edmunds Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 am

The pain in Rhys' heart increased at it twisted at the sight of Lena's tear-stained face. She'd been crying. She was hurt. He should -

Rhys forced himself to look away, sucking in a shaking breath. He finally returned his gaze to her, throat constricting, eyes overly bright despite himself.

"Somebody told me."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:07 am

Lena raised an eyebrow. "Told you what, hun?" she asked curiously. "I mean... it's news that the Crow's been kidnapping people from all over the school!" She shook her head at the thought, and the fake thought of rescue made her smile an overenthusiastic smile. "What? You found a plan to get them back?"

In her head, she was ready to dance in circles. Merlin, she hoped with all her heart he hadn't found out yet.
    Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Rhys Edmunds Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 am

Rhys gritted his teeth, a pained look flashing across his features. He hated when she did that - when she tried to assume he was talking about something he wasn't.

"Somebody told me a-about your meeting with Prentiss," he stated bluntly, tone hurt. "They told me you kissed him."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 am

Lena's heart skipped a beat, or two, or three. How ever many beats it was, her face turned ghostly white and she then tried to reply with as much confidence as he could muster, "So no plan to get the Crow kids out of their misery?"

She didn't want to talk about that meeting, but she knew she'd be forced into doing it anyway. Her hands were practically trembling and she hugged herself, trying to keep warm from the sudden chill that came around her.
    Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Rhys Edmunds Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 am

"Dammit, Le!" Rhys exclaimed in frustration, voice cracking. "I don't give a fuck about the Crow kids!

"I thought that - that we..." A sob tore its way from his throat and the tears in his eyes threatened to fall. "Why?" he asked hoarsely. "Just... why, Le?"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:41 am

"Why what, Rhys?" she croaked, looking away from him. "Why what? Why am I crying? Why am I going insane? Why do I feel like killing myself?" Her voice got higher with every question, and as soon as she finished her sentence, she began to cry.
    Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Rhys Edmunds Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 pm

"No!" Rhys bit out, tone admonishing and laced with temper. "No, no, no! You don't get to say things like that! You know how it makes me feel!

"Just... tell me... why you kissed him! Why were you meeting him in the middle of the night, anyway, hmm? Can you tell me that?"

Rhys ran a hand agitatedly through his hair, leaving it sticking up in all directions. He let out a bitter laugh. "Prentiss and Vorstenbach. You know how many times I have heard your names linked together? I never paid it any attention, though. I knew that - I thought I knew...

"I'm not stupid, y'know. You think I don't hear the rumors? You think I don't hear how people talk?" Rhys's voice was thick with emotion, his eyes overly blue with a blend of unshed tears and hurt. "People think I'm pathetic. They think I might as well go around with a dog collar and leash. Lena's pet." He gave another embittered laugh; it sounded awful.

"Lena, I lo-" Rhys began, then broke off, deciding to use her terminology, instead. "You give me butterflies in the stomach, but right now... it feels like they've got razors for wings and they're cutting up my insides. I think - I need a break. We should just be friends."

The tears in his eyes began to stream down his face, a piece of himself dying as he continued. "Maybe people are right. Maybe, I need a life."

Last edited by Rhys Edmunds on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Lena's own blue eyes blinked. What the - he heard the story wrong! She didn't kiss him! It was the other way round! Like he would know that, of course. He wasn't there and he didn't hear the conversation that went on between her and Prentiss. Plus, it was her fault for spazzing in front of Charles fucking Prentiss like an idiot and giving him mixed signals when she really should have stuck with her, 'fuck you, stay away from me and go back to that sodding crush of yours' attitude. Come to think of it, who did he like? But it was completely irrelevant to what this argument was about right now, and she can always investigate after this fiasco was over.

"Oh - and you believe everyone else's version of the story instead of the ones who were there, in the midst of it all?" she snapped, scratching her arm a couple of times to release her anger before folding them across her chest again. Well, those were wonderful resources: her and Charl - Prentiss. And apparently, someone else was there too, hiding in the bushes or what. Whoever that someone else was, she must send them to hell and back. Seven times. Or seventy seven. "Honestly - what made you think I would dare kiss the twat? I was never in love with him! Ever! Okay, since I - you give me butterflies in my stomach, there was a baby crush when I was a seven-year-old twerp but that's not the point! I've moved on! I tried killing him nearly eight months ago, and it didn't quite work out as planned. When I kiss you, I'm happy enough to die! When I kiss him, I feel like punching him in the groin." She bit her lip and looked down at the floor.

The blonde-brunette took a deep breath and counted to three, her hands shaking with fear. "Alright... I sent him an owl because... uh, Dommi disappeared a couple of weeks back," she began, her voice wavering. Why she started with a lie, she didn't know. A tear rolled out of her eye and she quickly wiped it away. "I wanted to know why, and I thought he knew 'cause they dated and all. And... I had some unfinished business to solve. I'm not going to tell you what it is, because even though I love y - you give me butterflies in the stomach, it is far too personal and too damaging for both our reputations for even you to know." Mentally, Lena cursed herself in the head of admitting such a feeling in the worst time possible. And that business she was so paranoid to speak of was namely the Prentiss family business. Also known as: con artists. That, and the part where she was attacked by one. She couldn't remember for the life of her if she had told Rhys before about the attack.

Lena laughed bitterly. "You, pathetic? Sure you are. You say so because you have hardly any goddamn confidence in your stupid excuse of a lion heart. I thought Hrabrosts were supposed to be brave. You're the exception." She didn't really mean those words, of course, but she was angry. She scratched her arm again, since that seemed to get the anger out of her well. She had to let a tear roll down her cheek when Rhys laughed again. He... he wasn't hers when he acted like that. He sounded, well, mean and bitter. Like Ksenia. Or that sodding first year, Krux. Well, he was like a dog in the way that he was always nice and pretty much went with whatever she told him to do.

"Fine!" Lena snapped, her voice cracking as she watched him cry. "You want to be friends, I will give you friends. I will give you a life for yourself!" Without me, and I without you. "Just, just..." She stumbled upon her last words. Looking into his eyes would bring her down to her knees every single time. Out of habit, she grabbed his arm, brought her head closer to his, and gently lifted his head with her fingertips, her fingers trailing across his chin. "Fuck this shit," she muttered quickly, mostly to herself, placing her lips gently on his. It might be the last one she would earn for a very, very long time. Maybe even forever, but a future with him not in her life was practically nonexistent.

She broke off the kiss and looked up at him. If she weren't so angry she might actually be in heaven right now. "We are friends, and that... that is all we're going to be from now on, yes?" A tear rolled down her cheek and she shook it away as simply as if it were nothing.

(ooc: if it's freakishly long - sorry! you give me so much muse with this!)
    Rhys Edmunds
    Rhys Edmunds
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Rhys Edmunds Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:30 am

You, pathetic? Sure you are.

Sure you are...
    Her words drilled relentlessly into his mind, piercing past any defenses he might have had.

I thought Hrabrosts were supposed to be brave. You're the exception.

Rhys sucked a breath in through his teeth, stung. Not because he disagreed, but rather because he had never expected to hear those words from her.

His eyes fluttered shut as her lips met his and though he didn't lean into the kiss, part of him prayed it would never end. She finally pulled away, the moment endless, yet too brief. He stared at her, stricken. If he really wanted, he could still fix this, he could apologize for being an idiot, beg her to forgive what he'd said.

But he couldn't. Apart from his jealousy for Charles Prentiss, there was also the fact that he really didn't think that he deserved her. Lena was... she was everything perfect in Rhys's mind, and he just could believe that he was suited to her.

Not then. Maybe...

Rhys shuddered, letting out a trembling breath. "Yeah," he responded hoarsely. "That's it from now on. Just friends." Stepping back, he turned and forced himself to walk away, even though it was the last thing he really wanted to do.

A tragic sense of irony washed over him as he realized that was the very aisle next to the very table where they had met. Full circle. Rhys died a little inside.

Last edited by Rhys Edmunds on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 am

Lena looked over at where Rhys was looking at, and every piece of her that still felt something smashed into bits and pieces. So they had to break up near the table where they met. Lovely. Did destiny have to be such a fickle bitch?

She walked out of the library without another word, crying quietly to herself, making sure she hid the tears. Something told her it wasn't the end of them, though, and Merlin hope not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm