Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

so, this is home?

gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

so, this is home? Empty so, this is home?

Post by gigi Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:49 am

Paloma dropped her trunk in front of the first empty bed she saw and let herself fall on the mattress.

"Oh, this is nice," she murmured, her eyes closed and her hands running through the soft, silk sheets. That was exactly what she wanted at the moment: a good bed and a nap.

But first, she had to unpack. She sighed and opened her eyes, getting up and opening her trunk. After having put everything in it's place, the Uchitel climbed back on the bed, more comfortable than ever.

Falling asleep almost instantly, she only woke up when she heard the sound of footsteps in the room.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

so, this is home? Empty Re: so, this is home?

Post by danie Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Anya tried to be as quiet as she could when she entered the dormitory, especially since she saw Paloma trying to sleep. She took the bed next to the window , passing the bed next to Paloma. Unpacking what she had silently, she didn't realize she had been walking loudly because she had woken the Uchitel up.

"I'm sorry!" Anya quickly whispered. "Didn't mean to wake you!"
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Paloma rubbed her eyes and yawned as she sat up on the bed. She looked at Anya and shook her head, "No, it's okay. I'm a light sleeper and, anyway, I had to get up."

"Is it late already?" she asked, trying to look through a window, but realizing the curtains were closed.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:25 am

"It's about early afternoon," Anya responded as she looked out the curtins. She made sure she only opened them for herself so the bright light wouldn't affect the other girl.

"You get here on Hogwarts okay?" she smiled as she opened her trunk and started to put her things into the respective dresser drawer.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:11 pm

"But already?" Paloma exclaimed, eyes widening. "Merlin, I was only going to take a ten-minute nap."

She got up from the bed and looked for her hairbrush, sure her hair was mess. "Yeah, the train ride was alright," the Uchitel told her, finding the blue brush. "What about you?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

"Yeah," she laughed as Paloma got off bed. "You must have been really tired but hey, don't worry about it, dinner doesn't start for like another two hours."

"Mine was good," she smiled as she sat onto the bed and looked down at her nails which she had recently painted for the first time ever. "I saw a familiar face and I meet some new ones."

"Did you meet anyone?" Anya asked her.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Paloma smiled as she brushed her hair, "Good. Wouldn't want to have missed dinner. I'm hungry."

She went through her bag, she was sure she'd put somehting to eat there earlier that morning. "Aha!" she exclaimed, finding two packs of Lays chips, "Want one?"

"I met Riley," she said, opening her pack, "And I saw Lora as well."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Anya grinned, reaching over to the edge of her bed where her bag pack was and opened it where she found the book she was currently reading.

As Paloma went through her bag and offered her a bag of plastic, she frowned. "I, I don't know what that is..."

Anya felt terrible. She didn't mean to be rude but she just didn't know what that was. It looked like something edible, a muggle food or something. She grabbed, it inspecting it carefully. She looked at Pal with a small smile, "I uh, how do you open this?"

"That's great," she grinned. "I meant a girl named Angel whom is really nice and I saw Pandora as well."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 am

Paloma frowned, but then remembered that Any was a pureblood and laughed a bit. Of course she wouldn't know what that was.

"They're crisps," she told her, "It's a muggle food, my sister got me some. She's very interested in muggle stuff and. . . yeah. You open it like, um, you just. . . " She frowned, not knowing exactly how to explain it. "Here," she took Anya's pack and opened it for her, "That's how you open them."

"Angel LaRue?" she asked, giving Any her crisps back.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 am

"Crisps," Anya repeated with a smile, almost as she was a baby who had learned a new word. She watched Paloma open them and quickly apologized to her at how weird she was being.

"It's just," Anya sighed, laughing at herself. "I don't know, uh, well anything about muggles so this is pretty cool. Gosh, I feel so stupid."

"Thank you!" She smiled as she looked inside the packet of crisps, she frowned, her eyebrows knitted together and her head tilted to the left curiously as she looked up at Paloma, "Why is it half-empty?"

"Yeah," Anya confirmed. "Angel LaRue. Did you meet her too?"

ooc: i couldn't stop laughing at the half-empty line. i had to use it! lol

Last edited by Anastasia Telsa on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Paloma smiled, "It's okay, really. You wouldn't imagine how I acted when I first learned about muggle stuff. Don't feel stupid."

As she took a bit of her crisps, she had to stop herself from laughing so she wouldn't choke. After she swallowed, she smiled. "It's, well. . . the air acts somewhat as a way to keep the chips from breaking, or something. That's what my sister said," she told her," But I think they also happen to double as a money-saving technique. But at least when you feel guilty about eating a bag of chips you can always say 'I didn't eat a bag, I ate half'. "

Paloma nodded, "Yeah, during the summer. She's a pretty cool person."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Anya smiled shyly, "Like me, I'm assuming?"

She laughed at Paloma's comment and smiled, "If they are as good then I won't be feeling bad any time soon!"

Taking a crisps into her mouth, she chewed on it, feeling the crunch in her mouth and feeling like it was the oddest thing in the world. After taking one, she couldn't help but have another one and before she knew it, she was eating them all. She looked at Paloma wide-eyed, "These are really, really good! Are there more of these things?"

"She seemed cool," Anya agreed. "Quiet though but I'm quiet when it comes to people I don't know too well."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:08 am

"Worse," Paloma admitted, smiling sheepishly and putting her brush back on her trunk.

As she ate her crisps, she noticed Anya eating them all. "They really are, aren't they?" Paloma agreed, lauhing softly, "Sadly, I don't have any more. But whenever I talk to my sister, I can ask her to bring some for you. She's always in the Muggle world and all."

Paloma nodded, "So am I. I'm always worried of. . . I don't know, not making a good first impression, you know?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am

Anya smiled shyly and shrugged, "I somewhat doubt that. But at least you know more than I know now..."

She frowned in a good way, "Oh I meant as in, are there more of these type of crisps? Or are there only these?" Anya then proceeded to grin, "Thank you that's awesome! I will give you galleons right now!" At that moment, she stood up from the bed and headed towards her trunk where she had a small amount of the gold coins in a pouch. Anya then handed them over to Paloma, "Here you go." The Hrabrost then went back to her bed before Paloma could reject the money and hand it back to her.

"You're sister is so lucky to be able to go to those places," Anya smiled. "I wish I could live there."

The girl nodded, agreeing what Paloma had said, "I do too. I get really shy too and I know I am going to even more because we are going to a school that teaches in an entirely different language."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:13 am

"Relax," Paloma told her, "You'll learn with time."

"Oh!" she said and nodded, "Yeah, there are other ones. A lot, really." She frowned when Anya handed her money. "Why-" she begun to say before she realized what it was for, "Oh, no. You don't have to give me money, they're not expensive or anything. They're very easy to find, it's no trouble at all and you don't have to pay!"

She walked to Anya's bed and gave her back her galleons, "Here. There's no need for it." She laughed lightly, "Yeah, sometimes I wish I lived there as well. But the wizarding world isn't bad. I mean, it's sort of a priviliedge to have magic, no?"

The Uchitel chuckled, "Well, in times like these, being English makes it better." She nodded, either way, agreeing with the girl, "But I get what you mean. I don't know if you remember me in first year, I was really quiet and didn't talk to anybody because my Russian was terrible, I knew nothing at all. And then summer after first year, when I went home to Germany, it ended up being worse, because then I was only speaking either Russian or English, and didn't know any German." She shook her head, grinning, "It was a nightmare."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 am

"I would hope so," Anya mumbled. "I'm just so used to learning everything by reading that Muggle things... I feel like I have to learn everything by experience. I read so much about muggles but I can't.... I can't comprehend any of it."

"No, I insist," The girl insisted, giving the money back to the girl, showing signs that she wasn't going to give up until she took the money. "I don't want you to spend money for something like that for me."

"I suppose it is," the Hrabrost shrugged. "I just... I've always been surrounded by magic, I just want to be without." She confessed quietly.

Anya grinned at Paloma, "I was born in England, my mother is English, my father is Russian and once they were married, my mother had to move to Russia. She taught me some English and after some experiences, I've self-taught myself by reading. The writing... well, that hasn't been perfected."

The Russian laughed loudly at Paloma's experiences, "Sorry! Didn't mean to laugh but that is funny! It must have been terrible for you!"
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 pm

"Are you taking Muggle Studies?" Paloma asked, "Cause maybe that could help you understand a bit better."

She sighed and took the money, putting it in her pocket. "Be prepared for a lot of crisps when we come back from half term," she warned, smiling.

Nodding, Paloma told her she understood. "It's fascinating, isn't it?" she frowned, flopping back down on her bed, "How they can live without magic. It just. . . seems so impossible for me, I've grown up with it."

"Grammar sucks," she said, grinning, "But I bet by the time we get back to Durmstrang your English will be perfect."

When Anya started laughing, the Uchitel laughed along with her. She really didn't find it a big deal, it was pretty funny to her as well. "It's okay, I find it hilarious now," she assured her, "Of course, at the time I was really freaked out, but now that I think about it, I was pretty stupid. There are tons of people who speak a little English back at Durmstrang, I didn't have to be so scared of talking to anyone."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 am

"I am," Anya grinned brightly. "It was the first thing I signed up for when I got here. I'm not so scared now that I am away from Russia." She let the last part to slip out, which made her frown but quickly went back to a smile.

"That's what I'm hoping!" Anya laughed happily. "I think if I get as many as crisps like you are implying, I won't ever have to go to the kitchens ever again! Of course, unless I eat them all before the term ends!"

The Hrabrost heard every single word into her head, agreeing with every word she said, "I understand and it's fascinating to me too! Maybe one day, I could try and not do any kind of magic for an entire day."

Anya laughed loudly, "I hope so but at the same time, how would that help during my time here if I'll be gone?"

"Oh it's not stupid at all!" The Hrabrost said, "Your experience is just funny but I apologize that I can't relate to that. It's my first time out of Russia so... yeah. I wouldn't know until now, I guess?" She laughed.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Paloma frowned, not understanding what the girl meant. "Why would you be scared of taking Muggle Studies?" she asked.

"Okay, I don't think it's that much," she laughed, "It's definitely a good number of them, though."

"I'd like to try that sometime as well," she commented and tilted her head a bit, "Of course, here at Hogwarts or at Durmstrang would be nearly impossible."

The Uchitel opened her mouth to reply, but closed it and looked down. "Damn, you're right. But you can always visit!" she suggested.

Paloma smiled, "You don't have to apologize, Anya. It's okay. But yeah, you're pretty much going through the same here."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 am

“Family issues,” Anya shrugged simply. The Hrabrost had no intention to bother the Uchitel with her family problems. It has always been a secret to her anyways and those who knew, like Lena, Lora and partially Yefrem, knew bits and pieces of her story. The Telsa family wasn’t the nicest around the block in Russia but unlike the mob, they had different ideals. Anya laughed a little right after though and added that it was also because Durmstang didn’t have a muggle studies class.

“Oh, alright,” Anya nodded, laughing a little. She then thought of Paloma’s comment of how difficult it would be to try and not use magic for an entire day at either Hogwarts or Durmstrang. “It’d be quite difficult to do that with my family because they really do enjoy using magic,” she added. “So during it during the summer would be quite pointless for me too.”

“That’s true,” The Hrabrsot nodded. “I’ve been here for a short amount of time but England has a place in my heart already. But I would never leave Russia though! I love my country.”

Anya shrugged and laughed a little, “I agree, sort of.” She rolled her eyes to her own statement, probably confusing Paloma slightly. “To clear things up, my mother and her family are from England. It is my fathers side that lives in Russia, that is why we live there. My mother has always tended to speak English to my siblings and myself so we’ve all somewhat caught onto it.”
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat May 05, 2012 1:04 am

"Oh," Paloma said, nodding. Anya's family must be one of those who don't like Muggles, she thought. They weren't as common as they were back in times of Voldemort, but they were still there and still had power and money. She laughed a bit after that and added, "That's true. I still don't understand why not, though."

"Mine love it as well, they use it for everything they do," she said, "I'm pretty sure only my sister doesn't use magic that often." Sometimes, she wondered if she would end up like them, not knowing how to do anything and having to rely on magic forever. "Maybe when you finish, Durmstrang, then?" the Uchitel suggested, "Or when you're travelling with friends or alone, you can try."

"I'm. . . torn," she admitted, with a sheepish smile, "I mean, I grew up in England. But Russia has Durmstrang, and it's where I spent my school years. And there's also Germany, where it's pretty much my home, though I only spend summer and holidays there, because it's where my parents are, it's where my bedroom is, all my stuff. . ." She shrugged, "I really don't know where I'll live after finishing Durmstrang."

Nodding, Paloma laughed a little, "Oh. Well, your English really isn't bad, you learned pretty well."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am