Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Lena Vorstenbach

Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Lena Vorstenbach Empty Lena Vorstenbach

Post by Rora Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 pm

LENA MARIE VORSTENBACH

Lena Vorstenbach Tumblr_mbuog30Kvu1qjxfnho1_250 Lena Vorstenbach Tumblr_mbuog30Kvu1qjxfnho4_250

"Those who are dead are not dead
    They’re just living my head
    And since I fell for that spell
    I am living there as well. "

- 42, Coldplay

Lena Vorstenbach Whats_10

Name: Lena Marie Johanna Vorstenbach (LEH-nuh MUH-ree YOW-han-NUH VUHR-sten-BAKH)
    "Lena is my name. It's Greek for 'the bright one'. I guess that fits me, 'cause I am reasonably smart, if that was supposed to be used in that context, but since it's Greek we're talking about I doubt it. Marie is a French variant of the name 'Mary', meaning 'sea of bitterness' or 'sea of sorrow', or 'rebellion,' or 'wished-for child,' or 'mistress or lady of the sea.' I'm not exactly a sea of sorrow, and I hate water and I am not a child that my parents wished for. I quite like the idea of my name meaning rebellion, though. Johanna is the female variant of John, and variants of Joanna and Joan. It means 'God is gracious.' That's odd. I don't think Vorstenbach has a meaning, and I don't want it to, anyway."

Nickname: Le, Lens, LenLen (by Alex)
    "I like being called Lena, and Vanka used to call me Le or Lens all the time. When she died, I was always Lena. When I met Rhys, he coined Le again and that's what I usually go with nowadays. Alex calls me LenLen or Lens, but he's a bloody prat."

Known by Dreamtrailers and Illusionists as Ashling

Date of Birth: 4/18
    Birthplace: Rovaniemi, Finland
    Current Home: Bad Munstereifel, Germany
    Sexual alignment: Heterosexual

Lena Vorstenbach Man_in12

Face Claim: Emilie de Ravin
    Body type: Lena is rather slender with gentle curves on her waist and along her hip. She is of medium height.
    Height: 170cm
    Hair: Naturally, Lena has snowy blonde mid-length straight hair which falls just below her chest. Now, her hair is brown and curly.
    Eyes: Blue
    Unique features: A piercing on each ear and minor bruises on her wrist
    Dressing style: Lena has had a bit of a style evolution over the years. When she was young she dressed like any other girl in flowing skirts and colourful blouses. When she turned seven, she started dressing in T-shirts and denim jeans, looking a little more grown-up than she was. When she started attending Durmstrang, however, Lena had taken onto a rocker chick phase, wearing leather jackets and jeans and black sneakers during her spare time. She still wears the occasional shorts, though.

Lena Vorstenbach Strong10

Likes: Psychology, languages, Rhys Edmunds, eating, writing her name as Lena Edmunds, sugar highs, lullabies, the old Muggle band Rammstein, the old Muggle show LOST, her Muggle village, Rhys Edmunds (okay, let's face it - beside the recent events, she still loves him), books, dry humour, physical & magical combat, the colour blue, Runes, Muggle movies/TV shows (particularly crime dramas), being different, Interrogation, forensic science, nature, figure skating, her grandmother, happy events, limericks, sonnets, literature, sauerkraut

Dislikes: Shopping for clothes, large bodies of water, Ksenia, superstition, anything to do with the waste of money, the government, politics, the colour pink, large Pureblood parties, Quidditch in general, her parents, her childhood, the Prentiss family, high heels, milk chocolate, swimming, thin ice, annoying First Years, annoying Sixth or Seventh Years, her parents, prejudiced people, extravagant weddings, Ksenia, the Prentiss family, pacifists, cheese, all food for now

Fears: Being alone, losing someone she loves, to live a meaningless life, water
    Strengths: Knowledgable, intelligent, curious, physically fit, quick-thinking, able to course the Dreamtrails well
    Weaknesses: Judgmental, holds grudges, over emotional, swears like a sailor, unable to bend the book sometimes, her friends
    Personality:
    PRE-RELAPSE
    Lena has always been a clever person. She is rational and tries to stay in the middle of reality even when a large part of her wants to drift away to the world of fantasy. She usually knows what she's doing and almost always has a legitimate reason to justify her actions. She analyzes everything carefully in her head, but she will more than likely over analyze everything and end up being a little too suspicious than she ought to be.

Of course, Lena is not always a hundred percent rational. She has sworn ever since she could walk. Because of her inherited illusioning abilities, she has her head in the clouds sometimes. She often dreams about science, maths, strategies and battles. She cannot fully separate her heart from her mind just yet, and this is a huge flaw she thinks she has. She can be overly emotional to those she loves, and sometimes, she loses her sanity to help them.

As a friend, Lena is loyal and protective of those who have earned her trust. She knows that to survive, one needs friends, and that is why she holds on to her friends very dearly. She may know lots of people, but she only has a few friends. Her trust is very fragile, so it is hard for her to trust. She is a good friend to those who have earned it: she keeps their secrets, she gives them a shoulder to cry on and even with those she remotely dislikes, she will try to make them feel good about themselves.

Once someone has made a bad impression on her, Lena would never look or speak to them. She would come up with her own conclusion about people and activities, and this can make her seem very narrow minded. She will only change her mind if something so drastic happens it can turn a relationship or hatred around, and even then Lena will harbour some sort of skepticism about this event.

There is a more violent, barbaric side to this girl as well. She has sworn since she could speak. Because of her attack from Leon Prentiss, she has started to self-teach herself on how to use the dagger, sword, and some physical fighting. (Obviously, if she teaches herself magical fighting at home in the summer, she'll be in serious trouble.) She would often test it out by illusioning people and attacking them as if they were real people. If he was available, Lena would usually test some new techniques with Alex, and if she is around, Patricia.

INTRA-RELAPSE
    Lena still keeps up her intelligence and her lust for knowledge, but she is less enthusiastic about it. She reads less books than she did before - it's not like she spends much of her time at the library anymore - opting instead to walk around the school aimlessly ate unreasonable hours during the night. She has stopped drinking alcohol in any shape or form she knows about and is now extremely proud to be sober.

She is a lot kinder towards unknown companions than she was before. Even though she still makes judgmental decisions, she is less likely to lash out at anyone for being of a certain group or being acquainted with someone she dislikes. This is due to the fact that she feels no reason to be angry at anyone but herself. Her sarcasm and her wittiness still remains, however, so her meaner side is not completely gone.

Lena is also more a crybaby during her relapse than she was before. With her heart weakened by the constant mental stress she's getting, she has little desire to defend herself by yelling at people anymore. She is also constantly fatigued and sometimes falls asleep in class because of all the walks she takes during the middle of the night, and doesn't make excuses for it; excuses are for the weak, or so she says.

The Uchitel still remains protective of her friends and family. Ever since her relapse, if anything, she finds it even more important to protect her friends and her loved ones from any form of harm they could come into. Even with her own mental troubles, she doesn't mind her friends to cry on her when they need it, or if they need advice, she'll be happy to give some.

Because she dreams nightmares that plague her, Lena has fallen away from completely disbelieving in Divination to actually thinking about it. Her first step was to go to Divination class during her Exchange Program at Hogwarts, and she has secretly been reading books on dream interpretation due to various dreams her grandmother Enya. However, she still maintains the fact that she is fully scientific and is only going for observation.

Her violent side has been pushed off to one side, for now.

FIFTH YEAR ONWARDS
    Tempted by mood swings, her break-up

Lena Vorstenbach We_are10

Father: Johann (YOW-hahn) Vorstenbach, 50, ex-Hit Wizard (current Head of Department of Mysteries in German Ministry of Magic), Pureblood, living; Out of his four children, Johann had always cared for Lena the most, but she does not care about him at all. He had always known she would have the best future since the minute she was born, and because of this, he had always put a lot of pressure on her to be the best. Lena doesn't really know why he does this, so she strays away from him whenever she can.

Mother: Heini (HAI-nee) Vorstenbach nee Vartiainen (VURH-tee-YAI-nen), 50, ex-Hit Wizard, Pureblood, living; Lena and her mother had revolved around mutual respect. They never communicated much in any way, and Lena tended to stray away from her mother. After her first year at Durmstrang, however, Heini kept persuading Lena to socialize with others, even though Le already had lots of friends. (Not like she told her...) She then tried to set Lena up with suitors from some noble German families, but they all reported back with some sort of 'crazy accident'. Lena almost told her mother about Rhys, but decided against it. Snce then, she has had a deep hatred for her mother, but she never shows it.

Siblings: Heidi Maria Vorstenbach, 27, Travel Writer, ex-Slushatel; Heidi and Lena were never very close, but they have a special love for each other they cannot explain. Heidi would always cover for the youngest Vorstenbach if she wanted to ditch a Pureblood party, and Lena would always be honest when Heidi would pick out an outfit for anything.

Alexander 'Alex' Stefan Vorstenbach, 18, Hogwart graduate, living; Alex and Lena definitely have one of those love/hate brotherly-sisterly relationship: Alex pranks Lena constantly, while she hides his stuff (mostly his homework) in places he wouldn't even think of looking. They often get into physical arguments, which Lena wins fair and square. Beneath all of that, though, Lena and Alex care for each other and they will always have each other's backs. He is also the only one in her immediate family to know about her relationship with Rhys

Ivanka 'Vanka' Liesel Vorstenbach, would be 15, deceased; When Ivanka was alive, Lena and Ivanka were as close as they cold possibly be. They shared with each other their grievances, their worries and whatnot. It was no secret that Lena was more Vanka's child than her mother's. When Vanka died, Lena occupied her room, and she leaves most of the deceased's things intact. She still hears Vanka's words in her head in times of trouble.
    Other significant people: Patricia Vorstenbach, 20, Healer in training, alive;

Faye Hansoff, adopted 'daughter' More info

Rose Ann Lucinda, adopted 'daughter' More info

Timo Reinstadler, adopted 'son'

Significant Others: Rhys Edmunds, Fifth Year Hrabrost
    Pets: Camellia, three and a half, Snowy Owl, Alive
    Overall history:

Lena Marie Vorstenbach was born in a small cottage in Rovaniemi, Finalnd. Her mother had been visiting her parents at the time. She was born during a warm (well, as warm as the Arctic Circle can possibly be) spring day, and the sun had been shining through the glassless window. According to the doctor, Lena had weighed two and a half kilograms during her birth, which sort of shocked her mother because she was 'so heavy.'

Six months after she was born, Lena moved back to her home in Germany. There was a large feast hosted to welcome her, though the young girl didn't really care for it at all. Two-year-old Ivanka Vorstenbach took Lena off her parents' weight, and started babysitting her without pay or perks more and more often as their parents grew busier and busier. It was more than enough time for the two of them to get to know each other and form a really strong bond, and it wasn't too surprising when Lena's first word was 'Wankah.'

Perhaps, young Lena's conscience wasn't the only one that liked Vanka. Her first sign of magic was when they were playing hide and seek together in the gardens of Vorstenbach Manor. Lena was hiding away from Vanka, and she was hiding behind a bush. There was a caterpillar on her arm, and Lena flit it away from her. It quickly turned into a butterfly when it hit the air, and Lena shrieked. Vanka heard her came to ask her what was wrong (and forgetting the fact that they were playing hide and seek) and she immediately realized what happened. They were so happy they secretly held a tea party, something Lena would usually shriek in disdain of having.

"AAAAAAAAAAARGH!"
    "For goodness sake, what is it, Le?"
    "The caterpillar! I-It's a
    butterfly!"
    "Well yes, yes it is."
    "Why did it do that?"
    "You're a witch, Le."
    "Hey - that's not nice!"
    "No, Lena - I mean a real witch. One that can cast spells and make things appear out of thin air."
    "... really?"
    "Well, yes! How else do you think Alex turns his daisies into tulips?"

Four-year-old Lena watched her grandmother Enya get put into a coffin during her funeral. This incredibly saddened her, because she had been experiencing hallucinations for a couple of months, and Enya Vorstenbach said that Lena had inherited the Vorstenbach gene that allowed her to illusion things and it was normal for those who had them to experience their first hallucinations between the ages of three to five. Heidi and Johann knew (but they didn't tell anyone) and they didn't like that fact at all, since that meant that Lena had an awful lot more potential than they did, and they tried to convince Lena she was crazy. Since Lena never trusted her parents anyway, she didn't believe them, though a part of her still thought that perhaps, this was just a huge joke to fool her. She kept hallucinating, though, and eventually found a way to control them.

When Lena was five years old, the Vorstenbachs went on a family trip to Norway, particularly Alta. There was a frozen lake near where they were staying, and Lena and Vanka made it a point to ice skate there every single day. One day, everything turned ugly. The day was hot, and the ice turned thin. As Vanka skated on the ice, it cracked beneath her and she started to sink. Lena managed to save her in time, but not quickly enough to let the older girl evade hypothermia. She died of it that night, and Lena had never forgiven herself for what had happened. She mostly kept to herself for a few months afterward - even developing an EDNOS - until she then became closer to Alex, who helped her to open up, though she didn't really know at the time.

As a seven-year-old schoolgirl, Lena befriended the new boy in town, Charles Prentiss, who was in the year below her. Even with the age difference, personality clashes and et cetera, they became best friends.

"Le, I can't seem to figure out why I'm in trouble. All I said was that zombies can turn into vampires in the middle of the night, and Jurgen Maivald bought the joke like it was nothing, then he complains for Fraulein Aigner that I lied to him."
    "You did, Charles. Lying isn't nice."
    "But my father says that lying is the only way he can get us money."
    "What?! How could that possibly be?"
    "My father... he's a con man, Lena. Please... please don't tell anyone."

Unfortunately, Leon Prentiss found out Charles had told Lena about his secret, but instead of hurting his son for telling her about it, he wanted to hurt the young girl for finding out and perhaps tell her father. When the rest of the Vorstenbach family were out one day, Leon made his move. Charles was over at Lena's for a playdate, he came to the house with the intention of 'taking him home.' Instead of doing that, he cornered Lena into a dark room, and Charles quietly followed. Leon tried to ambush Lena with spells (Lena knew the Prentisses were wizards at this point), but young Lena was small and agile, so she could avoid them. Not all, though.

"Obliviate!"
    "No, Lena, no - "
    A young girl was hit by a blue light with a green tinge to it. She yelled in pain, trying to rid herself out of harm's way. She fell onto the ground, seemingly lifeless.
    "Dad! How could you do this?"
    "Be quiet, Charles, we must leave."
    Oh, if only they knew there was a mind shield, her memories still intact. If only they knew there would be revenge...

For the rest of her late childhood, Lena was surrounded by pureblood parties that took place in her manor in Germany. She didn't like them at all because she thought they were a waste of time, and all she ever did in them was hover around her sister and meet all of her friends and their boyfriends, and when Heidi said she could she would often sneak upstairs and stay in her room for the rest of her night. Her parents never knew about this, and it is a secret Lena plans to hide forever.

Lena recieved her letter from Durmstrang the summer after she turned eleven, which was barely two months off her birthday. She was extremely exicted about this, and got all of her textbooks from her mother's hometown of St. Petersburg as well as some presents she had gotten for her German 'friends'. Once she got to Durmstrang, she was elusive, but with tips from her brother, she soon learned to be confident, made lots of new friends, drank vodka (of course) and started dating Rhys Edmunds somewhere in between. Her best friend, out of all this, was Anastasia Telsa.

During the Christmas of her First Year, Charles and Leon visited Vorstenbach Manor in an attempt to apologize to Lena for what Leon did to her years earlier.

"Prentiss - what are you doing here?"
    "How am I supposed to know?"
    "Don't act like you know nothing, filthy boy. Tell me."
    "I don't know! Father just brought me here!"
    "Oh, so you're blaming your father, now are you? That's what you told me four years ago!"
    "I was being honest!"
    "With you, I don't know anymore. You could be lying right now and I would have no idea."

The summer of her first year was, the least to say, odd. The Vorstenbach parents were away on business the entire time, and Alex had brought with him a special guest from his school: Patricia Hayes, his best friend. At first, Lena was a little shocked about meeting her, but she soon grew to love her like she never quite loved anyone - including her mother - before. The two of them became best friends, and Patricia also knew how to use swords and daggers. This is what sparked Lena's interest in Muggle duelling and weaponry, but she had been wresting for much longer than that.

Second Year was a big mental war for Lena. Charles Prentiss had entered the school, and it was obvious he wanted to pick a fight with her, and vice versa. He started getting closer to Dominique 'Dommi' Cartwright, a first year loud mouth Lena had met on the ship.

"Stay off Cartwright, will you?"
    "How can I? She's all over me."
    "Yeah, she is too with half the boys in our year."
    "So?"
    "I know she's a mighty flirt, but get your hands off her. She doesn't deserve an disgusting git like you."

The summer before her third year was one of her most exciting. She was sent to a Muggle camp in Germany where they specialized in mathematics, a subject Lena loves. She found friendship in a Muggle boy named Edgar who, in a way, was a lot like her. She found out he was actually a Squib when they were talking about how Durmstrang was like, and Edgar told her about how worried he was about acing school and going to the best gymnasium in Berlin when he gets older. They became firm friends, and they never let each other out of their sight.

When Edgar and Lena had free time, they went swimming in a nearby river. Edgar had challenged Lena to go to the deep end, and because she could swim, she agreed. However, a riptide swept in and it carried Edgar out of Lena's reach. She used her illusioning abilities to reach himusing a rope, but Edgar had swallowed too much water by that time to be conscious. She tried to give him CPR, and she failed. She tried to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but it was nothing more than a big kiss on his lips, which Lena had never stopped feeling guilty about. Thankfully, Edgar survives through the ordeal, and he thanked Lena for trying to save him before summer camp was over.

After Lena went home from summer camp, she quickly got ready to return to Durmstrang. Unluckily, she walked in on Alex and Patricia's date at the dining room (why there, she had no idea) and he had just proposed to her.

"Will you marry me Patrici - "
    -walks in- "Whoa, wait what?"
    "Lena, what are you doing here? Please, leave."
    "No, Alex. She can stay."
    "Why is that?"
    "I need to ask her a question."
    "What is it, Pat?"
    "Um... do you mind being our Maid of Honour?"
    "Of course I don't! Why would I?"
    "Well, that's good. Just one condition, though.
    "What, Alex?"
    "Don't tell anyone. Especially not mum and dad."

Obviously, Lena agreed.

Third Year was coming to a close, and Lena's feelings have intensified with anger, frustration and depression. Even though it got off to a good start with a wild party in the Room of Requirement, everything soon went downhill.

During a quiet winter morning, Lena and her Charles - who she now refers to as 'Prentiss' - met up next to the Black Lake. They had been secretly corresponding through owls for a couple of months, and they decided to talk about their feelings about the past, and to resolve their differences - and their conflicting feelings of one another - once and for all. That, however, did not work out. It ended with a kiss which Charles had initiated.

Rumours about the kiss spread throughout the school, and it reached the very person Lena had been afraid of hurting: her boyfriend, Rhys. After a huge fight in the library, they broke up with each other, leaving Lena more of a wreck than she ever was. Even though she didn't fall back into the hands of her EDNOS, she resolved to unconventional ways to make herself feel better, all of which did not work. Eventually, she rebonded with Dommi's best friend, Hazelle Bass, and together they went to mature parties an got drunk all night, though she resolved to never take drugs no matter how much Haze pressures her to.

During the summer, it was a tumultuous time for Lena. Dealing with her break-up terribly, thrown into her brother's wedding and having to travel to France and Amsterdam repeatedly, her light to happiness was paved with meeting Timo Reinstadler, someone who she would go on to love like her own son. Several hours after the meeting, she killed Leon Prentiss after seven years of nightmares, but ironically, the nightmares grew worse.

Lena fourth year will be spent in Hogwarts on an Exchange Program. So far, she has made a couple of friends, a couple of enemies, and perhaps, there will be a chance she and Rhys are talking again. Indeed, they shared a kiss in Divination and got back together soon afterwards, though their second relationship was not without turmoil.

"How do you think your parents will take it when you tell them about Rhys?"
    "I don't know, but I don't care. They need to know about my feelings, no matter how scandalous they end up being."
    "If they don't accept you with Rhys, I'll do whatever I can to help change their minds. We all will."
    "I don't want to!" she cried, "because... because... I think I love you, Frodo."

It was Lena's conflict of interest that had led to the second break-up of Rhena, though no one knows if it is truly for ever.

Though Leon Prentiss, in her Dreamtrails, seem to be doing anything but comforting her...

Lena Vorstenbach Spell_10

Favourite Spell: Accio.
    Signature Spell: She varies between spells, but she is rather fond of Tarantallegra.
    Patronus:

Lena Vorstenbach Gimme_10

Wand: 14 inches, Bocote, Manticore Stinger
    Other belongings: Along with her snowy owl Camellia, Lena also has a dagger bequeathed to her by her father, and a moleskine.

Lena Vorstenbach You_go10

Isn't this what shippers are for?

Last edited by Ashling Vorstenbach on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:04 am; edited 10 times in total
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Lena Vorstenbach Empty Re: Lena Vorstenbach

Post by Asric Chaos Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Lena Vorstenbach Profil15

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am