Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years)

Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Location : Watching from the bushes. Be warned. I'm after you.

Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years) Empty Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years)

Post by Amélie Blanchard Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Mel walked into her Mythology classroom and slung her things onto a desk. Seeing no one around, she shrugged and sat in her desk. She began singing 'King of New York' from the Muggle movie Newsies, giggling. It was her favorite song from the movie her mother had shown her. She even managed to capture the New York accent of the characters. It would be amazing to live in New York, she thought. I could dance in shows and my name could be up in lights on Broadway. She sighed, gazing into space and dreaming.
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years) Empty Re: Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years)

Post by Lucille Starbursts Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 am

Lucille strolled in excitedly, wondering what myth they'd learn about next. She spotted Mel and waved enthusiastically, not noticing the girl wasn't paying attention.

"Hiya, Mel!" Lucille greeted, sitting down in the second row. "Excited for the great class that is mythology? I hope we learn about Athena or something, she's my favorite."
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years) Empty Re: Apollo- God of Prophesy (Lesson 2, 1st Years)

Post by Amélie Blanchard Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Mel jumped when Lucille walked in. "Oh, hi! Yeah, I'm excited. Artemis is my favorite. Goddess of the Hunt! It's so exciting. So, what's going on in your life?"
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:22 am

"Me too," Lucille smiled. "Oh yeah, she's cool too. I always wished I could do archery like her."

She twitched slightly at Mel's next question but then caught herself and admitted, "Well, it's okay I suppose. Just dealing with some debt problems back home. Nothing I can't handle."
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:57 am

Mel raised an eyebrow at the girl's hesitation, but let it go. It wasn't her business. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she said reassuringly, patting the girl's arm. "Sooo... what's your favorite color?"
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Head of Angélique
    Head of Angélique

Post by Pierre Lamoureux Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 am

Pierre made his way into the classroom from his office, a cold expression on his face. He studied the students who have already arrived for a few moments before turning his attnetion to the board. Flicking his wand he made the white chalk move itself against the blackboard. Why are there myths? was the question that appeared in large letters at the front of the room. "We will get started now with a little discussion as we wait for the others to join us," the Professor informed his students, his tone emotionless as he sat himself behind his desk. "Would anyone care to share their opinion on the question we will be discussing today?" he asked his studnets, his cold eyes settling on the pair.

Last edited by Pierre Lamoureux on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

"Thanks," Lucille nodded in appreciation to Mel and then looked at her in surpise. "Umm... silver I guess, or possibly pastel blue. What's yours?"

She then noticed the professor walk in with his usual grim nature. Lucille studied the board before raising her hand tentatively. There were no wrong answers, right? It was opinion, not fact. Reassured by this realization, she said softly, "Well, it's believed that myths came into existence as a way to explain phenomenon that could otherwise be misunderstood by people in the time period... I think."

Lucille grimaced. Why couldn't she sound confident about it?
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Mel grinned at the other girl. "Yellow. It's just so happy!"

Mel raised her hand, undaunted by her teacher's cold demeanor. "I agree with Lucille, and I'd like to add that it helped people to have things like the gods to look up to in tough times. It would give them hope to pray to them when in trouble and it also gave them someone to blame when things went wrong. It's human nature, we like to have someone to hold responsible." She shrugged. "It's just how we are."
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 am

Lucille laughed lightly. "Yellow, huh? Very vibrant, it suits you actually."

She dipped her head to Mel and then built upon her comment, waiting for the professor to stop them if they were incorrect or something. "That's true, we do love to blame misfortune on anyone but ourselves. Also, you could say myths were made because there was no true reason behind some events that they could come up with. It was basically just created as a radical means of explaining what hadn't been named yet. As in, science hadn't been discovered."

Lucille then hummed in thought. Could she call it science for them? It was more of a muggle thing but she decided it went hand in hand with them too.
    Korrie Johnson
    Korrie Johnson
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Korrie Johnson Sat May 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Korrie walked in and saw the professor was there along with other students. Korrie took a seat. "Sorry professor" Korrie apologized. She forgot to set her alarm and now look, she was of course late for her favorite class. How slow could she be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:52 pm