Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

you build up hope, but failure's all you've known

Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

you build up hope, but failure's all you've known Empty you build up hope, but failure's all you've known

Post by Julian Rousseau Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Glumly staring at the lake ahead of him, the Prideux fiddled with the chain around his neck. Ever since he'd gotten beat up, he hadn't been able to think properly. His brain was stuck in this fog that couldn't be cleared. He couldn't sleep, he could barely eat anything without immediately vomiting it afterwards, and if anyone tried to lay a finger on him, he'd practically jump out of his skin.

He was a wreck. A God-awful wreck. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he rubbed at his eyes. He couldn't cry. Not here. Not now. He - if people saw him - he couldn't let them.

He had to force up that wall, that barrier that kept everyone out. And keep it up this time. Because if it fell, he'd never be able to bring it back up.
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

you build up hope, but failure's all you've known Empty Re: you build up hope, but failure's all you've known

Post by Aveneil Corbett Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Neil absentmindedly played with the rock in his hand as he strolled across the lake. His parents never let him out of the house too much, unless it was to attend another one of those pureblood parties. Not that he minded going, just that he'd lose interest after a while.

He let himself enjoy the pleasant weather, giving him plenty of time to think and not worry about his parents. He had already decided to sneak out later at night and try to find something crazy to do.

After walking for a few more minutes, he saw a figure and his curiosity arose. Going closer, he noticed that the boy seemed rather distressed.

"Why the depressed look?" He asked the stranger with a raised eyebrow and leaned against one of the rocks.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

you build up hope, but failure's all you've known Empty Re: you build up hope, but failure's all you've known

Post by Julian Rousseau Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Forced out of his melancholy thoughts by the sound of a stranger's voice, Julian turned towards him. He looked vaguely familiar. Maybe he'd seen him around school? Frowning slightly, he decided that he had. And if that was true, then he wasn't going to tell him. Hell, he wouldn't have told his Angels if it'd been one of them who'd found him.

"I'm not depressed." Julian frowned deeper, scowling. "I'm just thinking, thank you very much. So if you'll excuse me, I'd rather forget you ever spoke."
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

"You are thinking with a scowl on your face? That is highly unusual I must say," Neil remarked. "Maybe you'd fancy a chat? Don't know if it works, since I really don't socialize much." He shrugged, playing with the stones on the ground.

He was never the one to poke in other people's lives, as he was least interested. But he supposed he wouldn't mind trying a new thing. He knew that he'd rather be at a party dancing at the moment, but somehow he ended up here. Might as well make an acquaintance while at it.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:34 am

Turning away from the boy, Julian's scowl deepened as he continued to talk. Could this kid not take a hint? Holding his head in his hands for a moment, he took a deep breath before whirling around to fully face the boy, moving his hands to his lap.

"If it works for me," he gritted his teeth, "then that's just how it is, alright?" Crossing his arms, he snapped, "Yes, because I'm going to bare my soul to a complete stranger. If I wanted to talk, I'd go to my friends. Who, I might add, are a thousand times better than you. So," pulling himself up to his feet, he towered above the younger boy, "scram. I don't want to talk to you. Just turn around, and go back to where the hell you came from."
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 am

Neil merely glanced at the boy amusedly as he continued to rant. Though he had quite the temper, his parents had taught him how to control it. One of the mannerisms in etiquette, they'd said. Either way, he didn't find much help in that though he was glad for the lesson now.

"I didn't ask you to bare your soul, just curious and a bit concerned is all," he told with a shrug. "Your friends are so great and yet, here are you sulking like a little child," he stated. "If you do not want to talk, I have no problem in abiding by that request." He threw a rock into the lake. "And I really do not want to 'scram', so just deal with it."

Sitting down and facing the waters, he asked, "Let's have a redo, shall we?" He asked. "I'm Aveneil Corbett."
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Concerned? This complete stranger was concerned? Letting out a little snort, Julian shook his head, not believing him. After all, his own family, barely cared if he lived or not. So why in the world would this kid care?

"Obviously," he muttered, sitting back down, "it's because there are some things that they don't need to be worried about." If it wasn't summer, this child would've lost house points. Regardless of his house. There were just some people who needed to realize just how annoying they were.

"If you must know, I'm Julian Rousseau. Know the name, memorize the face because I'm one of your prefects, Corbett." The name, he'd vaguely recognized the name, and that was how he'd been able to remember that the boy was in his house.
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:11 am

"Is that hard to believe that a stranger is being sort of nice to you?" Neil asked with a smirk. "But then again, you seemed to be well versed in the lesson of 'Don't talk to strangers'", he remarked.

He thought for a moment before replying, "Huh, guess you're not a cold hearted guy after all, at least not to your friends." He paused for a while and asked, "Do you ever go to parties? And not those stuck up pureblood parties, but the ones with dancing and a lot of girls?"

"Rousseau, got it." He grinned lightly. "Don't worry, I definitely will not forget the face. Aiming to be Head Boy?" He questioned, noticing the way the older boy didn't fail to mention he was a prefect.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 pm

"It's not that it's hard to believe that someone's being nice," Julian said slowly, tilting his head at the younger boy, "it's the sincerity that's hard to believe." Why in the world would someone care about his problems? They wouldn't. So they were either trying to find something to blackmail him with or had nothing better to do.

"Of course not," Julian frowned, "they're my friends. I'd do anything for them." Shrugging, he fiddled with the chain that always around his neck. Glancing at the boy, he smirked slightly, "Those are the only parties worth going to. Though," he grinned slightly, thinking back to the last Pureblood party he'd been to, "fun things happen at happen Pureblood parties too."

Shrugging, he said, "It'd be nice. I'll probably get it whether I try or not."

Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 pm

"Believe it or not, the sincerity is there; thought it may be just a little," Neil replied with a shrug. "I really don't want to pry into your personal problems, but curiosity is a wicked thing you see," he commented. "And honestly? I'm not that bad of a listener."

As he heard Rousseau speak, he wondered what it'd be like to have friends like that. Sure, he had his own group of people that he had fun with and went out to parties with, but he was unaware as to whether they could be called as 'friends'. "Your friends are quite lucky I must say," he finally said. "Ah, so we do have something in common," he smirked. "I'm not exactly a fan of the pureblood parties I attend," he told. "Which is why I leave go for the best parties at after sneaking out of the house."

"Well, I hope you get it then," he said and gave the older boy the briefest of smiles.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

"Good to know," Julian commented, giving Corbett a curt nod. But really, the kid didn't know. And besides, he had a reputation to uphold. If he lost that, he'd lose everything.

"Of course they're lucky," he smirked, "they have me as a friend." Pushing his bangs out of his eyes, his smirk faded slightly as the mention of a house brought his thoughts back to his family. With a slight shake of his head, he remarked, "The best things happen when you sneak out."

Shrugging, Julian said, "Only male prefect in my year. They sort of have to give it to me."
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm

"Oh, so you are the cocky and arrogant type, I see. In that case, we just might get along," Neil smirked at the older blonde. "Yes well, it is kind of hard for good things to happen within the household when you are raised by parents who are prim and proper at all times," he muttered with a roll of his eyes. "I don't mean to sound like I hate them because I don't, but whatever."

"You seem like the one who has seen a lot of things at parties," he remarked and grinned lightly. "Or you know, just the typical to rendezvous with girls a lot."

"Have to give it to you? I'd love to see what would happen in case there was competition," he mused. "Do you want the spot or is it just for the status?"
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

"It seems so," Julian said with a lighthearted shrug, "Why?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, "You're the same type?" People who were similar to him were people he didn't want to be around. He didn't need another version of himself. "Parents," he said with a snort, smirking slightly, "seem to exist to make life miserable."

Grinning cockily, he put his hands behind his head, "It's both, really. But as nice as parties are, the girls are just much more fun."

Tilting his head, Julian smiled, "If there was a competition - which there was. But he died - I'd still get it. And if I didn't, I'd impeach him and get Head Boy." Nodding, he said slowly, "I want it. I want it very much."

Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

"Not completely the same type," Neil replied vaguely. "I actually want to maintain a positive reputation, just for the sake of my parents, so you won't get to see much of my rebellious side; at least in school," he remarked with a shrug. "Well, parents need something to do and sadly, they choose us for their entertainment."

He smirked and threw a stone into the lake. "I can't disagree with you on that. The girls are definitely the cause to go, though it's no fun when they are really easy."

"The competition died? How'd that happen?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Need for power, I see," he murmured.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:16 am

"Hey," Julian frowned, sitting up straighter, "my reputation's not that bad, thank you very much." and it's not like my parents care about it anyway. "And besides, what's the fun in that?" he smirked, picking up one of the many stones around and rubbing it between his hands. "They need hobbies," the Prideux remarked, bringing a hand up to rub his nose, memories of his father smashing it against a brick wall replaying in his mind.

Nodding in agreement, his eyes flicked over the lake, "The easy ones are the ones that keep coming back."

Shrugging, Julian said disinterestedly, "He fell off a cliff and died a few weeks later. Tragic, really. Healers suck." rubbing his arms, he raised an eyebrow, "You make me seem like I'll betray anyone for power. Not so, Corbett. I have morals."
    Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 am

Neil rolled his eyes at the older blonde, "I never implied that your reputation is bad, Rousseau. It's just that if I end up doing something which is not in their books, people start questioning them." And then they torture me for it, he thought. "The day my parents have actual hobbies is when hell would freeze over," he said. throwing another stone into the lake. "Or for all I know, it could be a secret."

"That's the thing; when they keep coming back, it makes it difficult to get rid of them and go for new ones," he said and shook his head.

"Fell of a cliff?" He echoed in surprise. "There's something you don't hear everyday," he muttered. "Isn't that what they all say about having morals? But hey, I don't make any implications till I actually get to know you, so you have nothing to worry," he stated.
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 pm

"Good," Julian nodded, rolling his shoulders back weakly. He was so tired these days. Of course, he hadn't been able to sleep well for weeks, but even before he'd lacked energy. Rubbing at his eyes, he shrugged, "So? Who cares what they think?" Flicking his gaze to younger boy, he nodded, "Amen."

Pushing strands of his blond hair out of his eyes, he shuddered, "And when they get attached and all clingy, that sucks."

Shrugging, he glanced over the water, a tiny frown etched on his face, "I guess not." And what made him think he would get to know him? Julian didn't want to himself, let alone let another person in.

Aveneil Corbett
    Aveneil Corbett
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Aveneil Corbett Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Neil noticed that the boy seemed extremely exhausted, but decided not to question it as he was not interested in getting into another argument. "I don't give a damn, but any news regarding my behaviour reaches my parents somehow, and apparently, they do give a damn." He muttered.

He smirked and nodded his head in agreement. "The clingy and needy ones are the worst, no matter how flattering it may look."

"Well, I better be heading back. Got things to do and people to see you know," he grinned lightly and shrugged.

"See you around in school, Rousseau."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 am