Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Space Oddity

Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Space Oddity Empty Space Oddity

Post by Thor Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Her robes billowed behind her as she jumped from one of the many high ledges of the owlry. She landed light as a feather. She was star gazing you see, this building had its better views than the Astronomy tower, at least it wasn't surronded by buildings.

She noticed someone coming up the steps as she heard foot steps. Her bright blue eyed black cat jumped into her arms as she brought it closer, she smiled slightly at the now fellow Ravenclaw Girl who had entered with a letter.

"Hello Mary, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm Alena Salvin by the way." She said as she held her hand out to the girl, Her neon blue eyes looking at the girl.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Space Oddity Empty Re: Space Oddity

Post by Mary Swale Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Getting up to the owlery had been the easier part, now she just had to find herself an owl to attach her letter to. Her parents had asked to have a letter back once she'd been sorted into her house and everything, but for some reason Mary had just delayed the entire event. She hadn't really figured out where the owlery was at, to be all honest. Smiling she watched her pale cat wander near her, purring and flicking it's tail happily. "Now, Laurie, you don't attack those pretty owls, or they'll refuse to send our mail." She said softly and patted the cat before arriving in the room filled with hooting owls.

However, she wasn't met by only owls. A girl with the most neon blue eyes she'd ever seen stood there as well, and she froze. She stared at the black cat for a while, then listened to the girls words, repeating them in her own mind. She gently took Alena's hand, although looked slightly surprised. "H-hello." she stammered, because she had been so surprised by the fact that the girl knew her name.

"How do you know my name?" she asked cautiously. Meanwhile, Laurie had walked over to the owls and was batting at one of the largest, and obviously oldest of the batch. She shot the cat a stern look and immediatly the cat slinked away, settling down beside her owner's foot. Now they both stared at the girl, they expressions alike.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Alena let out a giggle as she let her cat down, who's eyes turned Green. "Emerald, your emotions shock me." She muttered to her cat as it rubbed at her leg. She looked up to the girl again, smileing.

"I know your name because, I just now it. Don't ask me why, but my Faeness knows the names of people who I forst meet. Werid I know, but it's me. So how you finding Ravenclaw? Oh, and what classes are you takinging? I know we will be best friends, fact from my crystal ball." A;ena said as her small crystal ball popped onto her hand as she now let it roll to her finger tip as it balanced perfectly.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Mary looked rather dumbfounded by the way this girl seemed to be like, and couldn't really make up her mind about whether she enjoyed this girl's company or not. She had to let a smile twinkle over her lips when she noticed how the cat's eyes suddenly seemed to change colour. She admired the black cat for a moment, and looked back up at Alena when she explained why she knew her name.

However, the explanation didn't tell her a lot. She wrinkled her nose slightly, although didn't make any visible gestures to suggest she was annoyed. As the discussion developed, however, she found herself thinking that the girl was a bit different from most other people. Just another thing that makes her unique. She thought, and her kind smile reappeared. "I love being a Ravenclaw! My mother was a Ravenclaw, and she told me everything about what it's like to be in the towers." she said, excitedly.

The next question bothered her slightly though. "Er... As many as I can take, I suppose." she said and chuckled softly. Once the girl found her crystal ball though, everything she had said seemed to make more sense. Her eyes brightened with interest as she studied the crystalball, shaped as an huge pearl. "You can See?!" she whispered. She'd learned about them from books she'd read through, although couldn't say she believed in them. All in honesty, she didn't think she'd take Divination either. As far as she knew, no one in her family had the ability to See, and she doubted it was something she would have inherited. After all, she'd already got one gift, and she didn't want to trade that for anything in the world.

A strange hissing noise from the floor interrupted her thoughts though, and she looked at Laurie who seemed to have been rather shocked by the fact that the other cat's eyes had suddenly changed, just like that. "Hush, Laurie." she snapped, then looked at Alena. "How does your cat do that? Change eyecolour, I mean?" She asked curiously, studying the black cat sitting on the floor.

((I've got no clue what classes she's taking...))
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Her crystal ball changed from the white mist that it normally contained, but now was orange colour. Her neon blue eyes softened, her smile saddening a bit. "I know you find me weird, Mary. Merlin I'm not that strange, but it would nice to not judge me so, as of yet." She asked as her cat meowed at her sadness.

"I'm a full blooded Fae, Mary. I can re-order time, go into the past, into the future. Divination is one subject I love. My parents are dead and I'm alone in the world, sometimes it tempts me to re-order time, but I don't want to mess with the dead." Alena nodded her eyes widening at the other cat, understanding the cats confussion. She can understand animals, it was part of her magic.

"Don't be shocked Laurie, Emerald here is a special breed of cat, which destins to be with a full blooded Fae. The live longer than a normal house cat. His eyes change when my emotions change. But he was born with green eyes. He's very magical. She spoke to the cat as she laughed at the cats confussion. She spoke to the cat so mary understood aswell.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Mary realised that Alena might have become hurt by what she was thinking and she lowered her gaze to look down at the letter. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to. You're just a bit different." she said and smiled. "I'm glad you're yourself, and not someone else." she said and tilted her head slightly to the side, a kind smile appearing on her face.

Although she was slightly puzzled as she continued with the 'Faeness'. Mary, being very convinced that everything that was written in a book had to be correct, couldn't seem to believe she'd ever read anything about a Fae. She listened closely though, and tried to ignore the cat's sharp eyes. "I've never heard of Faes..." she muttered, barely audible for Alena to hear. However, somehow she seemed to just accept it, and that it had to be some sort special bloodline that had these powers.

She stared at the cat and shrugged, still obessed with the fantastic eyes that seemed to glow slightly. Shaking her head she tried to move her mind off the cat, and patted Laurie softly, who seemed to relax slightly at Alena's words. "Oh, that's right! I was going to send a letter!" she said, and padded over to one of the brown barn owls sitting in the corner, quickly tying the letter to it's foot.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 am

"I'm sure you have heard of a fairy then, basically thats what I am." Alena turned around making her robes billow, looking through one of the many open windows. "But I don't have wings." She coughed up a laugh as she put her crystal ball in her robe. She looked down to her cat, who had ound a mouse moving somewhere. Her cats eyes red, making Emerald look slightly evil.

"Go find you pray, Emerald." She whispered down and her gat pounced off, purring like mad. Her neon blue eyes started to roll at her cats antics.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 am

Mary nodded softly, although couldn't get the right image of what a fae really was. "Obviously you don't, or I'd have seen it already," she said and laughed gently, feeling rather awkward about the whole situation. She glanced at Alena's cat, surprised once again that it's eyecolour had changed so drastically. She carried the owl she'd tied her letter to, and went over to the nearest window. There she released it, and watched the magnificent animal fly elegantly through the air, without much effort and completely inaudible.

Once she'd finished, she recalled distinctly that she had some homework to do, an essay in potions as well as one for Transfiguration. "I've got some essays to do. Would you mind coming along? Then we could possibly finish them together," she suggested, in an attempt to seem kind. She scooped her cat off the floor and cradled it in her arms, allowing the feline to purr with a pleased look on it's face.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:16 am

"Let me guess, Potions and Transfiguration?." Alena mused as she felt her crystal ball go warm with truth. She smiled so innocently at Mary, winking. "We better go then, I will deffinatly help you. I finished mine. Being in a magical childrens home helps you with the beginnings of all subjects. It certainly helps." She said with a small smile.

"We weren't but in Ravenclaw for our tardiness in homework now. Weird though, I was nearly sorted into Slytherin and from the looks of it, you were too? Something to do with snakes?" She asked. She started to walk besides Mary, walking down the steps as she heard her cat purring beside her.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Gaping at Alena for a moment, Mary shook her head and cleared it. How would she know? However, she soon found a logical explanation. She's probably got Potions and Transfiguration too. Then she's bound to know what we'we got as homework! The reassurance didn't sound too well though, and she hardly thought it possible that they shared the exact same subject. She'd never seen Alena in any classes before.

Mary clutched her cat a little tightlier when Alena mentioned Slytherin, and something about snakes. Geeze, can she See?! Honestly, it sounds like she knows my entire life just by looking at me, the mere thought horrified her, and she got a new feeling of respect towards Alena, as well as every Fae and Seer alive. "No. I wasn't nearly put into Slytherin. As a matter of fact, I was almost placed in Gryffindor. Though that's a totally different story," she paused and looked at the blonde girl. "You can say I've got a very special... relationship to snakes. My past, my present and my future will involve snakes, whether I like it or not," she made another pause and looked at the ground, hoping Alena wouldn't detect that she was a Parselmouth from what she'd said. The last thing she wanted, was for a rumour to spread across the school.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Alena stopped, and put a hand on the girls arm. "Hey, don't worry. You secret is safe with me Mary. It's not my plan to pry into anyones lifes, but My gift can't help it. I'm a animal speaker, Mary. Talking to snakes is not bad at all. Theres a Professor at Durmstrang that can speak to snakes. She is the current heir of Slytherin. She's ereally nice and not so evil." Alena said as she carried on walking.

"You can trust me you know. I'm not the enemey. No rumours will be spread on my watch. The rumour mill around he is stir-crazy." She said with another wink, smirking as she looked around the grounds.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Mary shivered at Alena's touch, not entirely sure if she trusted the girl or not. She'd always had issues when it came to trusting people, especially those who could look into her mind and reveal everything she tried to keep hidden. "I know. Though there's many students and people who think of Parseltongue as a sign of a Dark Wizard. I'd like it to remain secret from as many as possible," she said, unknowing that she'd share her secret with yet another student before the end of this year.

She listened to Alena with interest, although couldn't help but shudder when she mentioned the Durmstrang Professor who could speak Parseltongue. "... Not SO evil?" She'd noticed the words quite quickly and her face went into a bleak, white state.

As they headed towards the castle, she couldn't help but feel that the breeze blew in a colder way than earlier, and that it felt like it pierced her, right through her middle. She didn't mention the change of weather though, and continued walking with a determined look in her eyes.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 pm

"No didn't mean evil as in mafia evil. Her sarcaism is extreme, but she is wicked. She came over to the magical care home I am in. Helped me with my animal communication. Her Cobra, Fade is quite amusing. She told me that fade helps her out in the classroom and in lessons. Students are affraid, but not that bothered. Fade has never bit a student. Professor Thorpe writes to me and see's me. I can introduce you sometime, she is a really good mentor." Alena said with truth as the entered the entrance hall.

"Don't worry, I can't read thoughts or enter your mind by the way. If I was like the fictional character Edward Cullen with the mind reading power, it would suck arse. Sure it would be good, but never able to turn it off, that sucks more." Alena said with a giggle.

"So what you stcuk on in potions? I'm quite the genius on that subject."
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Mary frowned slightly, although decided to not give any suspicions as to the Durmstrang Professor's level of goodness. She'd heard tales about Durmstrang students, who were taught in the Dark Arts and that most evil wizards went to that school at some point. She thought better of it though, and decided to not go against Alena who seemed rather obessed with the teacher. "Well, that's quite nice," she said as Alena mentioned a cobra, and wondered who in the wide world would call their cobra Fade.

"Cobras are very dangerous though. I'd understand a normal gardensnake, but... A cobra? In classes?" Her look had an expression of mild concern, and she could hardly believe it'd be long before the snake bit anybody. "Sure," she murmured when the suggestion of meeting this teacher was brought up, although she didn't seem overly enthusiastic. She breathed out in relief as they entered the Entrance hall though, glad she didn't have to have thhe wind blowing over their heads any longer. Besides, her hair always got ruffled in the wind. She carefully combed it down to a normal state with her fingers, then listened to Alena once again.

Her look of relief became even more apparent when ALena told her about the fact that she couldn't read people's minds and thoughts, and smiled softly. "Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know 'Edward Cullen'. Is he a famous wizard, perhaps?" she asked, missing the word 'fictional' in Alena's sentence. She hardly read fictional books, and didn't care much about them either. It's a lot better reading books who've got actual facts in it, she thought firmly, not going to back down on that matter. However, she was rather taken back when Alena asked if she wasn't any good in Potions. Her face flushed and she could feel a mild irritation bubbling up within her. She had a very short temper when it came to things that touched her like that, and she could feel her eyes narrow to small slits.

"Actually, no. It's one of my best subjects, actually. Along with Charms. I just haven't done the essay yet, that's all," she said, before her pace sped up remarkably as she headed up the stairs.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm

"No need to speed up, you know. I wasn't insulting your smatrness. On the other hand you haven't heard of the book twilight? I discovered that there is no such thing as sparkly vampires. Studpid book, anyway. I git given it on my birthday a couple of year ago. Boring as there is no true facts in it. My genre goes with fact books and poetry." ALena said with a nod as she cathced up with the girl.

"I know your thinkg that the woman I am on about is evil. Tell you a fact that she is not. She went to school here, head girl and whatever. Her cobra is very well trained Mary. Durmstrang isn't what it seems to be with you. Yes the do have a dark Arts class, but you get your bad and good students everywhere. Professor Thorpe was a good friend to my parents." She said with a narrow look.

"Oh, the thing is that if you meet her. She is a Auror aswell, so calm your emotions, If she met you she wouldn't kill you." Alena said with a shrug as she walked up the stairs to their coomon room.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Mary gave a shrug, although couldn't believe that Alena hadn't meant it as a statement that she believed Mary was hardly any use in Potions. Which was, as a matter of fact, one of her favorite subjects. "I don't read muggle books. My family's pure-blooded, and we hardly ever contact objects or things that involves Muggles," she announced, not bothering what she meant about blood status and whatever else.

"As a matter of fact, I don't really READ poetry. It's just as bad as fictional muggle stories," she commented, obviously being slightly hotheaded at the moment and she was gradually getting annoyed at Alena's carefree personality. Suspicious as she was to people who could See, one way or another, she couldn't say she was particularly fond of being read like a book.

As Alena continued on with her speech of the 'friendly' Durmstrang Professor, she shrugged and looked at Alena again, trying to hide her anger. "Listen, she may be a good friend of yours, although it doesn't sound like I'd have much in common with her. Sure, I would be able to speak with her snake but that's no reason to meet with her. Dark Arts should be forbidden in every school, and Durmstrang's no exception!" She could feel her toes itching with annoyance, and she continued walking at the same high pace.

"A title doesn't mean you can't be a traitor, Alena. Simply because she's an auror, she may as well be on the other side. Just like some of the evil guys might be good. I don't want to trust anybody without knowing more about their past," she said, and looked quite uncertain rather than angry. Slowly, her rage seemed to ebb off, although she kept her narrowed eyes as she stepped up in front of the door, answered the question and walked inside. "Now, if you need me I'll be in the dormitory, doing my homework," she said sharply, ending the conversation before she stomped off up the final stairs, and headed into the first year dormitory for girl.

((I'll be making a common room thread, if you're interested in joining there too! Sorry if she seems very sharp and arrogant, although it's just my character's feelings, not mine c: ))
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 pm

"Wow, someone can't keep their certain emotions under controll, no wonder she was nearly sorted into Gryffindor, hot headness doesn't come under this house. No need to take it out on me. Oh and stompping off like a 3 year old is just silly." She muttered under her breath, her Slytherin side trying to peak its way out. Her cat purred and she picked Emerald up, rubbing behind her ears.

"Seems I'm not the only one with secrets. I think she needs to get her priorites right for a starter and not judge people at first sight. Talk about being a little stuck up pureblood, hmmm." Alena sighed and rolled her eyes as she walked towards the portrait hole, letting her out again. The last thing you could see was her robes billowing around the portraits corner.

(OOC: Its ok, sure to the thread.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:18 am