Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

red and yellow and pink and green

Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

red and yellow and pink and green Empty red and yellow and pink and green

Post by Angel LaRue Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

She frowned at the blank canvas. It seemed like the last one left, but the brunette knew that the room would provide more, were she to run out. There was no reason to worry about that.

Angel then turned to face the pictures she'd already painted. They seemed to be all of people she had met. There were four of Caleb, two each of Paloma and Tallulah, one each of Maggie, Quinn and Alex. All of them had different facial expressions and angles.

Angel looked back at her canvas and picked up her paintbrush. She put the end of it to her lips and thought for a moment.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

red and yellow and pink and green Empty Re: red and yellow and pink and green

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Casey was walking in the seventh floor corridor when she saw the door to the Room of Requirement was propped open slightly. Curious and forgetting about privacy for a moment, she peeked in. She saw a girl, a little older and Slytherin by her robes, surrounded by canvases with faces on all of them. She recognized Quinn and Alex, but none of the others. "Wow," she said, opening the door to the Room all the way, but not coming inside without an invitation. "I'm sorry, I should have asked, but I was passing and the door was open. I'm not sorry I glanced in. These are... Wow. They're amazing."
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Angel had decided to paint a self-portrait. It wasn't the usual type of self-portrait. Hers usually ended up as her own life. In the painting, Angel's dark hair was flying around her. Mystère was in a corner, like she usually was, and people she cared for were all arond. Gentle, grey spirals wend down the left side and wrapped around her kitten.

The Slytherin almost dropped her brush in shock when she heard a voice. Angel sighed to regain her sanity. "Nah, it's okay." She turned to see a younger Gryffindor. "Thanks... It's just, yeah, a hobby or something." She shrugged modestly.

"Why are you still standing there?" Angel asked, returning to her painting and continuing to lead the brush across the canvas. "Oh, and that's basically an invitation to come in."

The brunette shrugged and looked at her result. Not bad. Angel put it with the others, in exchange for a white, new one.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Casey smiled, noting the painting in progress. "Cool, I'm glad it's ok. That one's the best, I think. If I had to pick. I'm not much of an artist myself, but I know good art when I see it and wow. These are good." She smiled. "If this is just a hobby then I'd be amazed at stuff you take super serious."

Casey smiled and walked farther in. "Thanks." She walked over to inspect the finished paintings closer. "I know I've said it before, but these are amazing. The details, and the shading, and the colors... Everything. Amazing." She smiled. "You could do this for a living you know."
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Angel nodded in acknowledgement. "Thank you. Mhm, I suppose it's pretty good." She shrugged. "I do take this stuff seriously. I mean, it's still just a hobby, but if it's not good I probably need lessons." Not that any of her paintings or drawings were bad. That would be outrageous.

Angel chuckled drily. "Yeah, I guess. Are you some kind of art expert or what?"

She looked down at her new empty canvas and had a sudden idea. "Don't move."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Casey laughed. "Lessons? Are you serious? I don't think you can get any better than this. I think this is the best hobby I've ever seen. You should make your living like this, people would buy them. Oh, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Casey Donohoe."

Casey smiled and shook her head. "Nope. I just know what I like and I like this. I don't think I'll ever be an expert in art."

Casey froze instantly, still slightly bent over one of the portraits, the one of Quinn. She had practice being perfectly still and waited patiently as Angel began to paint.
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Angel curtsied, slightly joking, but half serious. "I'm Angel." Just Angel. She didn't have to remind anyone- much less herself- that she was a LaRue.

She nodded. "Mhm, yeah."

The Slytherin painted the side of her face first. On the left, it was just a painting of the side. Angel hurried to the other side, and did the same thing. After ages, she turned to the front of the girl's face and painted it. Just for the heck of it, the brunette drew a frame around the three different angles and then turned it.

"Perspective, angle and emotion is super important," Angel said.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Casey smiled and bowed in return. She wasn't much the curtsying type and besides, she didn't have on a skirt. "That's a nice name Angel. I like it."

Casey laughed. "Yep, that's me. My logic doesn't always make too much sense."

Casey watched the girl paint out of the corner of her eye. It took a long time, but the Gryffindor girl didn't mind. She could be exceedingly patient when the situation called for it. When Angel finally turned the painting, she gasped. "Well. You definitely nailed all three. It looks like you just took a picture, then made it look like it was painted. This is perfect."
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Angel resisted the urge to scoff. She hated that name, but though billions of people had pointed out that she could change it, it still stuck around. Even if she did change it, it'd still be her name.

She nodded. "Okay."

"Hmm," Angel said. "Yeah, I just had this sudden idea to do this, and that's it." She gave a shrug. "Yeah, it's pretty cool to be able to psint like this."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Casey smiled wryly, noticing the older girl's reaction. "Don't like it? What would you have named yourself if you could have picked a name? I think I would have picked Alexa myself."

Casey laughed. "Like it or don't that's how I am."

Casey smiled. "Well your sudden ideas are pretty good." She nodded. "I can fly and sing the way you can paint. Those are my talents in a nutshell. Oh, and I can memorize stuff pretty fast too I guess."
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Angel considered for a second, tapping her foot on the ground. "Mhm. You are not the first person to ask me that question." She started walking in circles around Casey, not really bothered by it if the younger girl thought she was creepy. "It depends. I'm going to have to say that, again, I unfortunately don't know." The brunette halted at her original spot, twirling to face the Gryffindor. "Alexa isn't a bad name."

The Slytherin girl gave only a short nod, indicating that she understood.

Flipping her dark hair out of the way, Angel set the painting down under the others. "That's nice. I'm good at flying, but never really sang. I don't care. Music fascinates me less every year. Only certain things capture my attention."

Angel sighed, turning back to Casey. "I've shown you my talent now. I think it's only fair if you sing me a song now."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Casey raised an eyebrow as Angel began to circle her, but her face was still in an easy grin. She didn't turn as the older girl went behind her, instead relying on her other senses to figure out where Angel was. She was still grinning when the Slytherin stopped in front of her. "That's ok. Most people don't I suppose. It's a rather strange thing to think about."

Casey was a little shocked that music didn't touch the girl. It seemed foreign to her that anyone wouldn't really like music and songs were the only part of Muggle culture she knew as well as any Muggle born. Grinning at Angel's request, she bowed dramatically in aquiescence and burst into a song called Come By the Hills as soon as she stood up, beginning in Gaelic, then switching to English.
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 pm

"Yeah," Agel nodded. She never could answer that question.

The Slytherin watched, feeling fascinated at the girl's voice. She stood there, head cocked to the side. "You have a very nice voice." Angel had been slightly- what did they call it?- Oh, thrown in the wall and startled by that she had actually enjoyed that. When she listened to music, it was usually heavy metal and old stuff.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am

Casey beamed at Angel. For someone who said they didn't like music to actually really like her siniging was a huge compliment. "Thanks. I practice a lot, but I don't usually sing in front of people. So you got lucky that I wasn't thinking about it enough to be shy. I mean it's a lot easier now that I know you like it, but performing is the one thing I'm actually nervous about doing in public." She shrugged. "I'm weird like that."
    Angel LaRue
    Angel LaRue
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Angel LaRue Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Angel frowned and tutted. "Look, you've been given your talent for a reason, and I think you need to show it. It's a hard descision to make, yes, but you can't let your wonderful voice go to waste. You know that you're good enough, so why not?" She knew the feeling, as she had been shy about her art before.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Casey shrugged. "I dunno. I've always been nervous about performing, when people knew what I was about to do and were expecting something specific. I can do something like get up in the middle of dinner and do a crazy dance, because no one was expecting me to do it and so no one would be disappointed if I messed it up. When I feel like that, I end up not messing up anyway." She shrugged. "I wish I could sing in front of a group of people, but I just... Freeze when I try."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:07 pm