Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson

Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson Empty Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:40 am

((I didn't see anybody starting this, so I just posted this thread... I'd really like to RP this spell, as it's among one of my favorites.))

Mary walked into the Charms classroom, her books clutched in her arms and walking steadily in a pace that had become a signature walk for Mary. She settled at the desk at the front, surprised that she was the very first to arrive in the classroom. She'd appeared to be the first student in several lessons, although she'd never appeared to be the very first person in the room. She smiled softly and opened the book, excited for the lesson to start.

Figuring she needed her wand, she pulled it out from a pocket in her cloak and sighed, feeling rather lonely in the classroom, all by herself.

Instead of using the time to just sit around, she began using the 'Wingardium Leviosa' charm on objects in the room, starting with lighter tools such as quills and feathers, and continuing with heavier things as books and chairs. She sighed again, moving the various items around in the room, rearranging the chairs and sending her books flying through the air, over the desks and around the entrance to the room, before allowing it to rest quietly on her desk again.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson Empty Re: Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson

Post by Thor Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 am

Her blonde hair bounced around her as she entered the charms hallway, she senced another being in the charms classroom, knowing who it was already. She held open a book in her hand, a advanced charms book which had caught her eye in a catolog. She walked into the classroom while reading, not noticing the girl that sat for the moment.

Her wand came out quickly as she pointed at a floating desk and chair, "Relashio!" a orange light hit the desk and chairs and the floated down and she give a pleased, but wicked smirk as she sat down on one of the two chairs.

Mary was finishing the charm when Alena sat and she placed her bag on the table, still finishing the last chapter of her book with a smirk.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson Empty Re: Incendio, Charms | 1st year, 3rd lesson

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

The torturous silence that had had been ringing in Mary's ears, except for the soft thud of chairs and desks landing on the floor again, seemed to be broken by a human voice crying a spell, followed by a crack right above her head. Bliking she noticed the desks and chair falling back to the ground , some of which had a deep crack on the surface after the spell.

Glancing backwards, she took a quick look at Alena and shrugged, her eyes narrowed. Ever since the end of their conversation in The Owlery, they'd seemed oddly competitive, especially in these arts. She didn't say a lot more, although turned up her book on a certain page, saw the first charm there and cast it. A light burst from the tip of her wand, conjuring a small ball of fire. She'd toyed with this charm in the dormitory, and found it interesting how easily she could cast the charm. Moving it in circles, she made a maelstrom of fire, increasing the intensity so that it swirled softly in front of her, glowing in a soft light.

Honestly enough, she payed no attention to what Alena might be doing, or what she was thinking about. It wasn't worth it, anyway.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Alena smirked as her gift checked out Swale. Her fears were quite funny, she sniggered, making sure she hid her face behind her book, but loud enough that the girl heard her. She placed her book mark on the next chapter as she placed the advanced charms book on the table, holding her white oak wand now.

"Avis Engorgio!" Alena said as she pointed her wand upwards, making three, werefolf sized birds fly out of her wand. They started to fly around the classroom and Alena did a eye trick to them and they started to fly around Swale. Alena had to smirk, keeping her laugh in.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Mary could distinctivly make out the sound of someone sniggering behind her, although tried to ignore it and continued with her fire. She heard a new spell being cast, and ended her fire as soon as Alena sent a pack of birds circling her, afraid that she'd somehow set them on fire and burn them to death. She wasn't completely heartless, after all.

Instead she raised her wand and pointed them at the birds, before muttering. "Avis Reducto", in a very determined speech and with a confident flick of her hand, which reduced the birds to normal size. She then sent them flying back into a nearby cage, before locking it tightly so it couldn't possibly be misused again.

Glancing at Alena she raised her eyebrows and shrugged. "You'll need to do something better than that. Honestly," she said, tired of having Alena hanging over her back, trying to send all these mindless charms over her head at once. As a matter of fact, it was a great risk for both of them to mess with such advanced magic.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm

"Who said I was aiming the spell at you. I was only practicing Swale, this is a school were you learn and prectice spells, don't be a idiot. You are a Ravenclaw start acting like one, girl. And who says I have better spells. Anyway were only meant to be first years Correct?" Alena said bitterly her eye brows raised as her neon eyes pierced Mary's.

Alena sighed and rolled her crystal ball in her hand. "I would hate for large dogs to frighten you." She muttered, looking into the crystal ball.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Mary narrowed her eyes, not believing a word that came out of her slitherish mouth. Oh, I can definitly see that you were almost put in Slytherin. That's where you belong, anyway, she thought darkly and frowned. "I'm no more idiot than you are, Alena. Besides, I'm not the one who breaks desks and chairs just to have fun," she said sharply, her tongue harsh. Her stubborn, more short-tempered side seemed to be dominant when she happened to be near Alena, and she hissed softly, cursing in the parsellanguage. Too bad she knows my secret. Who knows, she may as well use it as an advantage, knowing my fears and weaknesses, she thought, hoping Alena wasn't too bitter to start a rumour. Anyway, who'll they believe? Me or her?

"Brains are something you clearly lack. Because being a first year doesn't neccesarily mean you can't do advanced spells. I've already performed spells that we aren't supposed to learn before our 3rd year," she snapped, getting rather angry.

She fell completely silent at Alena's last comment, and didn't dare open her mouth. That's a direct threat! Although she refused to be scared, or show any signs of getting touched by the threat, she felt panic welling up in her head. I definitly don't want her to send a horde of angry dogs after me. Not after the incident... She shuddered at the thought, although fell quiet and prayed a teacher or another student would appear and save her from the discussion.
    Lenora Malfoy
    Lenora Malfoy
    Head of Slytherin
    Head of Slytherin

Post by Lenora Malfoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Lenora watched from her desk as her students came in and started working on their correct assignment. She made sure to keep a close eye on all of them while drinking her cup of tea. So far she was impressed on the outcome of what she was seeing at the excate moment. Lenora sighed and took a sip of her drink once more.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Looking up frm her desk, Mary noticed Lenora for the first time since her arrival, embarrassed that the professor herself had witnessed their quarrel, the silly words they'd thrown at each other as well. Nervously she looked up at the teacher and shuddered softly. "Good morning, Professor Malfoy," she murmured, looking at her wand which she was twiddling between her fingers.

Soon, when the blush had removed itself from her cheeks, and they reinstated their usual condition, she looked back up. "What are we going to learn today, ma'am?" she asked politely, trying to redeem herself for the scene she and Alena had caused only moments ago.

Her book was still opened at the fire spell, Incendio. It was a great spell, and she'd always admired the strenght that could be conjured by using the charm properly. And every single charm that existed could be used, one way or another. It had just been proved, as she reduced the birds to their normal size. If she hadn't learned it, she'd be bothered immensly and probably ended up using another spell that could possibly have killed the innocent birds. She sighed softly, awaiting a reply form the teacher.
    Lenora Malfoy
    Lenora Malfoy
    Head of Slytherin
    Head of Slytherin

Post by Lenora Malfoy Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Lenora looked at the student and nodded to her. "Good morning" Lenora said to her. "As for your other question, the answer to it is on the bored" Lenora pointed to the writing of incendio on the board behind her. She took a sip of her tea again and gestured to the student to begin her work.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Mary looked quite confused, as she hadn't noticed the writing before right now. However, she was relieved that it was a spell she already knew pretty well, and grabbed her cedar wand before muttering the word under her breath. She conjured a light, small flare, that she eventually let burst into something a little more impressive, although since she'd already succeeded on the spell she decided to try something else.

Looking into her book, she found charms to unlock doors, create water, and many more that would definitly be to general use at later points. "Aguamenti," she muttered, and a light shower of water shot into the air. Befre it had time to spread though, she muttered "Incendio" quite quickly, and generated warm fire that immedietly made the water boil and vanish into the air, and she smiled happily. Combining charms like these were one of her favorite activities when she became bored, or had little more to do.

There were about thousand charms she'd like to try, although found herself unable to because of the lack of objects to practice on. It surprised her slightly that the teacher wasn't more engaged to teaching, and glanced at the professor who seemed to expect them to learn by themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:10 pm