Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Complete Board (someone come play with me)

Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Complete Board (someone come play with me) Empty Complete Board (someone come play with me)

Post by Katherine Braunstien Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Kat and gone into the greathall to sit and just look over her homework for the next day. It was almost meal time and she could not recall the last time she had seen any of her friends where had they been. But then she was still being pretty quiet and wanted something to do. She used to love to be alone, but recently she had discovered what a joy it would be to have someone to talk to.

She just sat down at the far end of the table away from everyone just reading her book.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Complete Board (someone come play with me) Empty Re: Complete Board (someone come play with me)

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 am

(OOC: Because of the title- I couldn't resist.)

Casey marched determinedly into the Great Hall carrying a wizard's chess set. She glanced around, saw Katherine at the Ravenclaw table and walked over. She sat down and, without saying a word, plopped down in the seat across from her, snapped open the board, and set up all the pieces. She made a great show of contemplating her first move before finally deciding. "Knight to C3." She glanced up at Katherine. "Your turn," she stated, grabbing an apple from nearby and biting into as she returned to contemplating the board.
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Complete Board (someone come play with me) Empty Re: Complete Board (someone come play with me)

Post by Katherine Braunstien Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 am

Kat just looked at Casey when she sat down in front of her and placed down a chess board game. She started to laugh when Casey made her first move.

"I do not have a clue how to play chess, what on god's green earth am I suppose to do with that?"

Kat was always too busy with studies and dance that she never did anything else. She was smart, but she was not sure she could play this game.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

Casey smiled. "It's ok, here." She pointed down the back row, left to right. "Rook. Straight lines left, right, forward, or backward. Knight. Over three, up one in any direction. Bishop. Diagonal in a straight line. Queen. As far as you want in any direstion. King. One space in any direstion.and then bishop, knight, rook again. All these in the front are pawns. They can only go forward one space at a time and they can only capture other pieces diadonally. You want to capture the other person's king before they get yours." She looked up at Kat. "Get it?"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Kat could do nothing but stare at Casey like she fell of her rocker or something. How was she ever going to remember that?

"Ok, well I got that part down. But what about the spaces, you know you said C3." Kat was so confused, why was it she never learned how to play this game.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Casey nodded. "Ok good. The spaces are labeled over here, like the sects on a map. See, on the sides facing us are the numbers, 1-8. And then A, B, C, D, E, and F on the sides. So you order your pieces to where you want them to go and they move, cause, you know, wizard's chess. So. Your move."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 am

Kat was still confused at the game so she thought she would try it anyway. Looking at the board she sighed a little.

"Grr I can't believe your making me do this. I am so lost. Hmm, pawn move to d4." Kat watched the pawn move.

watching the pawn move itself was very interesting, "I hope you know its is going to take months for me to do this right."

((I have never played chess in my life..JSYK))
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Casey smiled. "It's ok, you'll learn. It's not that hard once you get used to it. Pawn to c3. Besides, I played when I was five. My dad really likes chess, so I learned young. I can even beat him sometimes."

(OOC It's ok, I suck at chess in RL. I just figured we'd blur it, saying something like 'several moves later' and then one of us would win.)
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 am

Kat could not help but laugh, "I think its a father thing, my father loves chess too. I find it quite boring myself" Kat laughed and then moved another piece.

"The horsey thing to d6" Kat said not really sure what it was called.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Casey laughed. "That's the knight Kat. And yeah, I suppose it must be a dad thing." She sighed, missing her family a bit. They played a few more moves before Casey's bishop cornered Kat's king. "Checkmate. Good game!"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Kat laughed, "Well I am glad it was a good game cause I have no clue. Next time lets pay checkers."

Kat smiled at that thought, now that was a simple game she could play.

"So how are you doing?" Kat asked

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Casey laughed along with Kat. "Don't worry, you understand it more the more you play. It'll get easier and I'll help teach you. And yeah, checkers sounds good." She smiled.

Casey leaned forward and cupped her neck in her hand. "Fine," she lied with a completely normal face. "Did you hear I decided to come with you guys to New York." She grinned. "You're my new roommate!"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Kat looked over at Casey when she said she was fine, but that was fine she would not push her for details.

"No, I had not heard that, but then I haven't actually talked to Danni since our first initial meeting." Kat sighed and looked down at the table.

"I am beginning to think once he met me I wasn't what he expected or something. He treats me like I have the plague." Kat was trying not to cry.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Casey looked concerned. She reached out and touched Kat's wrist. As she spoke, she sent a subtle calm into Kat's body. "No hon, he's just spending a lot of time with Gorn cause they're dating. I haven't seen much of him lately and we're best friends. Also, he's studying a lot, trying to keep his grades up. He's just being a little bit overwhelmed with life right now, it's nothing to do with you."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 am

Kat sighed and then looked up at Casey, "I hope you are right, he was my best friend too. I mean in our little internet world anyway."

Kat hoped she was right she really did miss him,

"I guess it was better when all we did was chat online." Kat sighed

Kat was a little depressed over the situation, she felt like she lost her best friend. But she did gain a new one in Casey.

"Well I guess I have you to keep me company, until you get tired of e too anyway."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Casey shook her head. "Kat, he's not bored with you, he's just really super busy. He needs time to adjust to having you actually physically in his life too. He's used to only being able to talk to you online, so it's a big switch. He's not tired of you and I won't get tired of you either."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Kat sighed a little, "Oh just ignore me I know I am talking silly."

Kat was not sure what her problem was anyway, it wasn't like she was used to having physical friends anyway she was usually wrapped in herself anyway.

"I know you guys will always be here for me, I don't know my problem."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Casey shrugged. "All of us feel abandoned sometimes. It's not like what you're feeling is particularly odd. Just remember that we ARE here for you." She smiled. "Even Danni, though it doesn't feel like it."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 am

Kat smiled and then leaned over and hugged Casey, "Thank you for pulling me out of my pity party."

Kat needed to learn that things are different here and she did have other friends and she was not going to be alone any more even if sometimes it felt like it.

"So what shall we do now? Anything has better than the studying I have been doing."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:36 am

Casey smiled and hugged Kat back. "You're welcome. I'm just awesome like that. Tough love and stuff." She made a face and laughed.

Casey fake gasped. "Did I just hear a Ravenclaw say she didn't want to study? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?" She pretended to faint, then looked up at Kat from where her upper half was laying on the table and said casually, "I don't know, what do you wanna do?"
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 am

Dan waltzed into the Great Hall. He had just woken up from a nap, spent a little time with gorn and was now feeling absolutely fantastic. Spying his two best friends he strutted over to their table and sat down. He was wearing a black sweater with gold lining and black pants. Nothing too flashy.

"Hello ladies, hope I'm not intruding on anything" Dan spoke with a luagh and he winced when he saw the chess board. "Bah, I'm horrible at chess. I get my ass handed to me every time I play against Gorny"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am

Casey sat up and brushed her shirt off like laying across the table in the Great Hall was completely normal. By now it was. Her eyes lit up. "Gorn's good at chess? OOOH, I have to play him!" She wiggled her eyebrows. "Bet he hands you your ass in other ways. And you like it," she said suggestively, laughing.
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Kat smiled and playing slapped Casey, "Oh Shh, I don't really have my head in the books all of the time do I?"

Kat was about to say something else when she noticed that Dan had finally showed up she could not help but smile, "Well look what the cat drug in, of course your not intruding, join us."

Kat laughed when he talked about his luck with chess, "Well she just handed me mine too."

Kat almost died laughing when Casey commented.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Dan pouted

"we done ladies? I'm virgin as I will be for a long long time. I'm not ready and im 99.9% sure Gorn's not either so let's move on shall we? So what's new with you two? Anything interesting?"
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Casey pouted right back at Danni. "You're no fun," she responded. "And no, I'm never done. There is ALWAYS more where that came from. Anyway, no not much. I met two Hufflepuff girls, Robin and Leisha and I'm on my way to being close friends with both of them, I saw thing from the inside of Lyssa's head, and at some point over the summer, I'm going to France with Quinn. So not anything big."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 pm