Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Bubbling Over

JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Bubbling Over Empty Bubbling Over

Post by JJeh Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 am

Growling in frustration, Juliet, hair sticking to her face since the steam from her cauldron was filling the room, getting trapped in by the tightly closed door, was making the entire area humid. It was almost unbreathable, truth be told, but Juliet wasn't ready to give up.

She was tired of failing her potions assignments, or if passing them, passing them by just a hair's width. It shouldn't be that hard, it just shouldn't. It seemed logical then that Juliet should be able to improve her skills with practice. That's what they said wasn't it, practice makes perfect.

And yet, potion after potion came out watery, or gloopy, or just all around wrong.

Stomping her foot on the ground, she glared at the cauldron with complete vexation. Nothing in her life had ever been so completely and totally up cooperative.

"This is all just pointless," she punctuated her cry with a kick to the table holding the ingredients. And the resulting yell of fear as she watched all them topple into her bubbling cauldron was drowned out as the potion made the distinct and unmistakeable sound of an explosion.
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Bubbling Over Empty Re: Bubbling Over

Post by Gorneh Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Aragorn was heading back from the armor room, going to talk to the potions professor to ask him for some instructions on the potion he had been brewing earlier. It wasn't going the way the book had said it would and he'd followed every instruction correctly.

He ran the rest of the way to the dungeon classroom and stood peeking in as he coughed at the smoke coming from the explosion. He searched for the source and quickly found it, raising an eyebrow curiously.

"How did you make a potion explode like that?" He asked, coughing. He hadn't seen one do that since first year.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm

The side of her arm was stinging, and the smoke filling the room was irritating her lungs. Coughing violently, she didn't even notice the boy who had entered the room, though thankfully with his entrance some of the smoke escape through the new opening. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she groped for her wand and casted a quick spell, removing even more of the smoke.

Her arm still stung like anything. The liquid that had been in her cauldron had bubbled up with the explosion. Her arm was all she had had to put between herself and the tidal wave. Muttering another spell a stream of cold water came out of her wand, and bathed the burn.

"If you must know," the irritation she felt at the situation and her pain came through her tone, making it slightly more snippy, "The table fell over, all my ingredients went into the cauldron at one time."
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Aragorn coughed quietly and waved the smoke out of his face, irritated with it already. He watched as the cause of the smoke magicked it away, the room clearing of the smoke but not the smell. He wrinkled his nose and drifted into the room, crossing his arms as he looked over the other fourth year.

"You might want to get that checked out before it becomes infected," Gorn said before frowning at her. He scoffed, "And how exactly did the table fall over? Certainly not by its self."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Juliet glance down at the burn with a slight frown, his comment logical, but her irritation at the fact that it happened was making her stubborn. She was pretty sure she'd had worse anyway. Cooking with her lack of skill for both the art, and for grace lead to many mishaps in her life until she had finally given up.

"I'll live," she said shortly, shrugging her shoulder only to find that unsettled the puckering skin causing her to wince in discomfort.

A stubborn look came on her face then. She moved to cross her arms before she remembered the burn and stopped herself and settled them back at her side, "If you must know, not that its any of your business. I may have kicked the table before everything fell off of it."
    Gorneh
    Gorneh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Gorneh Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 am

"Well if you're sure. It'll probably leave a rather ugly scar if you don't go and get it fixed soon, before it settles. It'll fester and turn into an agonising... pain..." He cleared his throat, realising he was rambling on about it and shook his head, looking at her pointedly.

Gorn scoffed and looked down at the table, pressing his lips together to keep from smiling. He looked back up at her, "Poor decision on your part, I'd say."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Arching an eyebrow at the boy, there was a dull amusement that mingled with slight irritation in the expression on her face. He certainly seemed to have a sudden fascination with her burn. Though she hated to admit it, he was probably right, and it was silly to create a scar when she could easily avoid it.

"Charming," she responded, looking back at her arm, "I think its painful enough at the moment thank you." That was as close as she was going to get to verbally admitting that she needed to go see a healer. She would get to it soon enough.

Her eyes narrowed at his amusement, "Really? I think it was brilliant decision. I really wanted to blow the stupid potion up in my face." She let out a breath through her nose. "What are you doing here anyway? Did you just come to critique my decision making skills or did you have a more concrete reason?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 pm