Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

don't lie to me.

Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

don't lie to me. Empty don't lie to me.

Post by Faith Forendis Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:26 pm

If you were to ask Taylor, or rather now Faith, how the whole thing had happened, she might growl at you and pretend to be asleep. The god's honest truth was that she didn't have a clue. One minute, everything had been fine. She was hiding away in her room, up against the window, and then the next she had been falling to the floor, screaming for someone to catch her. She landed heavily on the ground, and the last thing she'd heard was the scream of her mother when she looked out the living room window to see her daughter's fragile form in a mess on the floor.

Now, as she lay asleep and broken in a bed at St Mungo's, she was totally confused. Everyone was trying to tell her that her name was Taylor. But she didn't believe it at all. The second the dark haired girl had woken up, she'd seen a nurse walk past with the name "Faith", and had adopted the name for herself.

Then her mother came back from what she as told was a long and terrifying night looking after Lilli, and when she'd greeted her with the name Taylor, she shook her head violently. "My name is Faith," she insisted, hissing. Then when she was told that her last name was "Davies", she laughed harshly. No, of course that wasn't true. She was from Russia, how could her last name be something as common and British as "Davies"? No, no. Her last name had to be something more... And then she thought the brainwave had hit. Of course, her last name was Forendis.

How she came to that conclusion was anyone's game, really. It made absolutely no sense. Faith Forendis. It was a name easy to remember and much more fitting.

Faith's dreams were full of the experience of falling. Falling from the window and onto the ground. Falling from that tree at the age of six and breaking her right arm. Falling, falling, falling.

She woke up with a horrific shriek and could feel eyes watching her.
    Evangeline Evans
    Evangeline Evans
    Second Year
    Second Year

don't lie to me. Empty Re: don't lie to me.

Post by Evangeline Evans Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:59 pm

The thing was, Ivy was reckless. She was one of the most reckless people alive. But she never landed herself in St. Mungo's before, well, until now. Her memories were hazy to what happened, but her dad told her she ate a pound of 'doxy eggs' as a dare. Honestly, her father was an amazing actor - thus coming from his career - but he really needed to stop reading her School books. And anyway, she hadn't even known what a doxy was until he showed her the page in her textbook.

Her dad was lying to her. She knew he was lying. But why... she didn't know. Why would he lie to her? A thought suddenly struck her, what if he wasn't lying? She was sure though. She was quite sure that she remembered the sound of yelling and the sight of flashes. She jumped off her bed suddenly, ignoring the healers practically begging her to get back down. They seemed as though this happened to her before. As though she had done this before...

Why couldn't she remember any of this? Why were the only things she remembered were her name and her father's name? Why was it that there were flashing lights before her blackout? She shut her eyes tightly for a moment, trying to look back at her memories. She found darkness, only darkness. She couldn't remember... anything. Her mind was completely blank.

Ivy was struck with an idea suddenly. If she can't remember herself, it didn't mean that no one else remembered her... right? This was the point when Ivy sat on the chair next to the patient and just stared at her, without blinking, hoping for the girl to wake up.

Shrieks are not nice, she noted in her head, cringing at the sound the girl made. "Hello," she said slowly, hearing her raspy voice. When was the last time she spoke? She couldn't help but ask herself.
    Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Faith Forendis Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Breathing extremely erratic and her pulse adopting a rate of about a mile a minute, Faith tried so hard to compose herself. If she did that again, there was no doubt that she might end up in the mental ward or something, and she didn't want to go there. Not yet, not until she knew about herself. There was a stupid four year old playing with her fingers happily, as if it was the most entertaining thing in the world. Apparently, the little girl was her sister. Faith didn't remember having a sister, not at all. There was no way it was possibly. Faith Forendis did not have a sister, because for that to happen, her parents would have had to have had-...

There was a thought that had never actually crossed her mind before now. Well, at least, she thought it hadn't. It was hard to think back that far. The furthest back she could remember was the tree fall, and that hadn't been fun in the slightest. Nor had this one, really. Her leg was throbbing in pain and her shoulder... Well, that was a totally different story altogether. It felt like someone had taken a piano, dropped it on her arm, then made her sleep on a bed of nails and poisonous bugs.

To summarise, Faith was not in the best of moods, and the fact that there was a woman claiming to be her mother popping in and out of the ward every few hours was starting to get a little infuriating. Except, not a little. A lot. If this woman was really her mother, why wasn't she staying? Why hadn't she stopped her falling? And why the hell was she letting a snotty-nosed little kid poke and prod her aching and bruised body like tomorrow was never going to come? All good questions.

The second she'd done it, Faith knew that the scream was ear-splitting and probably not good for anyone or thing sitting/standing/lying/being within a miles radius of her. It was an instant reaction. They couldn't judge her for it, she was evidently not very well.

Upon hearing another voice beside her, one raspy and ever so slightly terrifying, Faith tried to turn her head, but noticed it was bandaged up and her neck was bloody stiff. It was probably more effort than it was worth, and apparently the young girl wasn't one for usually talking to people, but still, it seemed like the right thing to do. "Hi," she said quietly, knowing she probably looked like the end result of a bus having driven into a supermarket. "Sorry, do I know you?" she questioned, hoping not to sound too rude, but not exactly being able to help it.
    Evangeline Evans
    Evangeline Evans
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Evangeline Evans Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Fighting back was the only thing she could do when people wanted to attack her. Especially is it was magic. Ivy was not the kind of person to take anything standing down. That was her train of thought before all she could hear was her own heart beating heavily, and the hospital machine things beeping.

She blinked. Since when was she in a hospital? ...Why was she in a hospital? Her questions stayed unanswered even when her father came to check up on her. Her dad was a liar, because he kept telling her that she ate doxy eggs for a dare. Whatever those were. She blinked again at the sudden noise and found her father looking at her worriedly, as she had fell to the ground. Her memories faded back to her and her father's name. She had to hold onto those.

My back hurts, a lot, she noted absentmindedly to herself, twisting her hair as if it seemed to be the most interesting thing anyone could ever do. That might be a clue to what happened to her. Healers were dragging her back to her bed once again, and she didn't even notice until she found that she was relaxed on a comfortable seat, rather than the cold, hard surface she had been uncomfortably sitting on. Her eyes drooped for a mere moment but they shot open in alert. If she blinked... she'll forget. No blinki- then she blinked.

Where was she? She felt weird, as if her life wasted away. Ivy. Chris. Ivy. Chris. The words rang in her mind as she held onto them with every inch of her being. She can't forget. No... she can't forget these simple words.

"Ivy. Chris. Ivy. Chris," she chanted to herself, as if humming to a popular song. She had the urge to keep herself from blinking, even though the girl had no idea why. "How old am I?" she whispered to herself lightly, only to be answered by one of the healers. Thirteen. She plastered the number into her mind. I am a thirteen year old girl.

"I don't... exactly know if I know you," she said uncertainly, "I was... I was hoping you'd know me actually. I can't... I can't remember anything." She blinked again, and had to hold on to the arms of the chair to keep herself from falling. Her memory faded again. It seemed like a repetitive motion to her and she frowned. Oh right, I was talking to this girl, she decided, turning her attention to face her.
    Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Faith Forendis Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:48 pm

It soon became evident that it would not be easy to forget about the pain in either her leg, arms and her ribs which she quickly assumed had broken in the fall. Muttering about her carelessness, and about how she probably should have not been sitting on the windowsill anyway, Faith blew a stray strand of hair away from her eyes and felt a whole new pain altogether. Her brain felt like it was going into overdrive and she had to bite down on her lower lip to stop herself from crying out again. It felt like there were a million tiny little men with pickaxes were hammering away at the inside of her skull.

What used to be a twisted and antisocial mind was not almost empty. Her 'name' and her location were just about all she knew. She couldn't even remember how old she was, and that thought alone was quite terrifying to Faith's fresh new way of thinking. She didn't feel around the age that she had been told she was. She felt so much younger, and yet when she acted about nine years old, as was her instinct, she was told that it was wrong and that she should be acting her real age...

Racking her brain, Faith looked for the answer to her latest of a long string of questions. "Oh, what was it again... Th-... Th... Thirty?" the Slushatel wondered aloud, to be corrected by the healer who had been her namesake. The woman had been looking after her for about a day and a half in the ward, under special request of the Russian herself. "Thirteen," the woman had said softly, coming to check her temperature. "Are you feeling okay?" she asked, only for Faith to raise an eyebrow at her. "Do. I. Look it?" she had said, irritation clear in her voice. "I'm broken and confused. And I have this brat hanging on me," she hissed, allowing her eyes to settle on the tiny four year old. The nurse had laughed and walked away, after confirming that her temperature was perfectly normal.

'My throat's really dry...' she thought to herself, bringing her non broken arm up to the chord by her bed and pulling on it. The second the nurse came, she asked for a drink, and the blonde woman rushed away to fulfill her request. She sighed and tried to shuffle slightly in order to get comfortable, but failed thanks to the unattractive, bulky cast running from her ankle right up to her hip.

The name that she'd been told was that of her mother wasn't easy to remember. Well, what could you expect? She had fallen three floors onto the concrete, smashing her head. Her memory wasn't exactly going to be perfect, was it? Nicala. It was a weird one, and every time she tried to pronounce it, the dark haired, green eyed in-and-out woman was disappearing in floods of tears. It wasn't Faith's fault that she hadn't been awake all day. She'd been close to death, for heaven's sake.

"Oh..." Faith muttered, hoping that the girl sat next to her might have been able to tell her about herself, in a vain attempt to bring her memory back. "No, sorry. I don't think I do... I can't... No," she said, trying, but eventually giving up. She didn't think she knew the other girl. "I think my name's Faith, though," she said, attempting a smile. "That's what I remember. My name's Faith, like hers," she moved her gaze to that of the woman returning with a glass of water and setting it down at her side. Nodding a thanks, she turned back to the girl. "Know what you're in for?"
    Evangeline Evans
    Evangeline Evans
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Evangeline Evans Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Her back still hurt. It was like she fell on it and was knocked unconscious. Maybe she did, but then, maybe not. She fell back onto her bed, grimacing as she heard someone cry out in pain. It suddenly occurred to her that she was crying out in pain, but she barely noticed it. A moment later, she found the back of her shirt being lifted by one of the healers and a cold substance being rubbed onto her back. It soothed her immediately and she closed her eyes for a mere moment. Her world faded away once again.

She blinked. Her name was Ivy. Her father was Chris. Her age was... it began with a 'T'. She can remember that much. Where was she? Her eyes wandered for a moment and she found healers. She must be in a hospital. Her gaze fell on a black sharpie on the ground and she went to pick it up. Ivy opened it and wrote 'Ivy', 'Chris', and 'T' on her arm. "How old am I?" Her voice echoed in the nearly quiet room, to be answered by a healer. She wrote 'thirteen'. The pen poised, an inch above her skin, before she wrote 'Don't blink. Blink and you're dead.'

"D-dad?" She asked softly, turning to the tall man who was making her way to her. His face stretched in a weak, tired smile and she ran towards him, her arms wrapping around his chest, where her height stopped against him. "Dad everything's so weird, I blink and I forget everything!" She mumbled, her voice muffled by his shirt. "D-dad, your name is Chris, r-right?" She blinked to keep herself from tearing up. "I-I... Dad? Is that you?" Her head turned sideways in confusion at the man who seemed to be suddenly sad. Was it... was it her fault? "I'm sorry..." she mumbled, hugging him. "D-dad, I can't remember anything!"

He frowned at her words and hugged her tighter. "I have to go now, but I'll be back soon." She sniffed, but nodded and let go of him, murmuring a broken, "I love you," before he headed out of the hospital. She sat down on the ground and blinked. Her father was out of her memory once again.

She was suddenly interested by the words on her arm. 'Don't blink. Blink and you're dead.' She frowned. When did the young girl write that? She shrugged and widened her eyes in an attempt to not blink. She made her way over to the healer in charge of her and tearfully asked, "Why can't I remember stuff?" before collapsing on the ground once again.

A few moments later, she opened her eyes once again. "I... I remember pain. I remember... sp-spells. S-so many..." She shook her head and closed her eyes tightly. but she couldn't get it out of her mind. Ivy couldn't get that one singular memory out of her mind. "E-evil men..." She shook her head quickly and wandered around the ward yet again.

"Faith..." She repeated, the name rolling off her tongue easily. She took off the cap off her sharpie once more and wrote it on her arm. "My name's Ivy. I'm use it's short for something, but I... I can't remember," she frowned, turning to the healer in charge of her. "W-what's my name?" She paused as the healer said it. "Evangeline." A smile flickered over her face and she blinked, her eyes watering from lack of blinking. But this time... this time it was different. She remembered. Evangeline. Evangeline Evans. She remembered what she had forgotten since the last time she blinked. "I... I dunno. But I... I remember evil men. Evil men and curses... bright lights..." She trailed off before shaking her head violently. "What about you? What are you here for, Faith?"
    Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Faith Forendis Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Pulling on the chord at her bedside again, Faith waited for the nurse to come along, who seemed to be a little exasperated. Politely, the young girl asked two things. One, she asked if she had broken her ribs, to which she was told no, just fractured and bruised them. The second thing she asked was for her mother to come back. The nurse nodded and rushed away, to what Faith hoped was to get her mother. If there was one thing she needed, it was a mother's support.

"Thirteen. Thirteen. And I'm Russian," she repeated over and over until she knew there was no chance of her forgetting. "I am Faith. I am Russian. I am Thirteen. And I'm... Magical?" she wondered aloud, for her... Sister, apparently, to nod her head and sit back on the chair she had been placed in initially. "Yep, Thay's madthic!" Lili grinned, having lost a front tooth and being unable to speak properly. Faith rolled her eyes. "I am not Tay, or Taylor, or anything, okay?" she growled, scaring the little girl into a ball.

She wasn't even really sorry. But the second the woman who had apparently given birth to her came and sat at her side, taking the hand that didn't have a thing in it through which they were pumping fluids, Faith rolled away. She couldn't look at her 'family' and not know who they were. It was painful, it really was. For some reason, she felt at that moment that she'd much rather not be able to remember them at all and never have to see them ever again than see them every day for the rest of her life and not know anything about them.

"Tayl... Faith, you have to remember me, I'm your mother," Nicala pleaded, eyes brimming with tears. It took a heavy mental argument to get her to roll over onto her bad arm and smile weakly at the woman, but eventually, she did. "I-I'm sorry, I can't remember you, mumma," she said, sounding like a vulnerable child more than a formerly independent teenager. "I really wish I did... But I can't..." Faith's eyes were too starting to sting as she felt something else come over her. Emotions.

She wasn't used to them. Formerly, she had kept to herself and never really given a stuff about anything anyone was doing because feelings always ended up with people getting hurt. She'd learned that when her parents started to get abusive and divorced, ended with him never talking to Faith ever again unless it was something mean.

Once again, she tried to replay the incident in her mind. She remembered... The diary. It had been under her pillow since she even left for Durmstrang. Durmstrang! That was the place she went to learn things! W-wasn't it...? It was... Oh god, what was it called again? Drum... No, it was gone. Well, the diary had been out. And so she'd tried to write in it. And then the music had turned up, her eyes had closed, she'd relaxed and... Well. Yeah.

Seeing Ivy write on her arm in a pen made Faith furrow her brow slightly in confusion. Is that what everyone did with names? Should she be doing it too? "What're you doing?" she asked slowly. "Is that... Is that normal?" she asked, suddenly fretting that she wasn't making a note of everything. "Ivy... Ivy, Ivy, Ivy," she chanted, hoping to make it stick into her brain.

"Oh, wow... That's uh... Not cool," she tried, but failed to make herself seem to make any kind of sense whatsoever. "I'm sorry that happened..." Faith nodded her head to show she knew why she was in the ward. "I fell out of my window," she grumbled, hand moving to her head where she could feel the pounding again. "For god's sake, this kills!" she hissed, arching her back and moving up the pillows. "Sorry, I have a massive headache..."
    Evangeline Evans
    Evangeline Evans
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Evangeline Evans Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 am

Darkness clouded Ivy's vision for what seemed to be an endless time, until she saw a bright light, and she noticed that her vision was blurry. The urge to yell, "I see the light!" came over her for a moment, but then she blinked and everything cleared. She was... in a hospital? The girl tried moving, but found that her back seemed paralysed, and in major pain. A scream echoed in the room, her scream, and she was given three cabbage-tasting potions to take to sooth her back down, leaving her to take heavy, short breaths.

She looked down at her arm to find words written in black. 'Ivy', her name. 'Chris', her father's name, 'thirteen'. Thirteen what? Thirteen days she's been here? Thirteen weeks? Thirteen years old? "I... Am I thirteen years old?" She asked herself, answered by a healer once again. Ivy hated that she had to depend on a healer to tell her everything, "Why am I here again?"

The healer smiled softly at her, saying, "We don't know yet..." making the younger frown. A memory shot into her mind. "What's a... a Hoggy wart? Hogwart? Hog-hogwarts?" She asked, struggling to remember, "And a slyth-slythering? I-I remember green... green, silver and s-snakes..." She frowned, squinting at the ceiling, trying to remember. "Was Hogwarts my school?" The healer beamed at her, "Yes, that's right. And Slytherin was your house. Do you remember anything else?"

Ivy was just about to answer when she saw a face. She knew that face, but it was in the back of her mind somewhere. She glanced at her healer for help, but found her help on her arm. 'Chris'. "D-dad? D-d-daddy?" She murmured, mostly to herself, but she was scooped up, much to her discomfort due to her back. "I-I... When was the last time you came here? I-I-I can't remember..." Her father frowned at her, sorrow was clear in his eyes. "I was here just a couple hours ago. Honey, you have to remember... p-please... I-I need you..." He put her down gently on the ground and kneeled down to face her properly. Tears were sprouting in her eyes and she found that her father was crying as well. "D-don't cry... I-I'm sorry." He shook her head at her. "I sh-shouldnt have let you h-handle the men on your own. B-but I'm a muggle, I couldn't do anything."

"What's a muggle?" She couldn't help but ask curiously, her head turning to the side in curiosity. He frowned again and pulled her closer to him, laying his head on her shoulder. "Please remember... please..." She felt the urge to cry again but she knew she had to stay strong for the sake of her father. He looked at her once more, memorising how she looked. "I-I have to go again, but I'll come back as soon as I can, I promise." She nodded at his words numbly.

She looked back at the girl she just met. Faith, her name was. "I-I don't actually know if it is..." she mumbled, her face reddening slightly, "I-I just do it so I when I forget, I have the important stuff on my arm if I ever need it." She paused, closing the sharpie lid again, "Do you want to do the same? I-it seems as though you might need it. Forgive me if I'm wrong though."

"Fell out of your window?" She repeated, her eyes widening in alarm, jumping to comfort her, "A-are you okay? Wait, stupid question... A-are you fine now? Are you in pain? Are you-?" She was interupted with the girl's hiss of pain. She nodded and urged the healer in charge to get her a potion to ease the pain. Honestly, that healer should have done that without me having to tell her, she thought to herself. The young thirteen year old gave her new aquaintance the potion, "The healer said that this should soothe the pain..."
    Faith Forendis
    Faith Forendis
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Faith Forendis Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Faith was still dazed from the accident. She was convinced it had all been a dream, until she hit the floor. Many a time had she dreamt of falling off a tall building and landing sprawled on the floor, but it never really hurt in them. This time though, it was excruciating. Every limb feeling like it was shattered, her head feeling warm and dizzy as it impacted heavily with the ground. Then? ...well, she couldn't remember the rest.

She let out a yelp as she wriggled, trying to get comfortable, feeling something in her ribs just feel like it was being torn apart. A healer rushed over with a foul-smelling and even worse tasting potion, pouring it down Faith's throat before she could protest. She coughed and spluttered, body initially rejecting it, before a warm feeling spread throughout the area and she sighed back into her pillow, the pain numbed. "Please," she said with a smile, thinking that was the usual form of expressing gratefulness. The nurse looked at her confused, before walking away, scribbling something down.

What was she writing? Was it about her mental health? There was nothing wrong with her at all! Just a few broken limbs! She'd hit her head, sure, but her mem... memor... It was coming back, whatever it was! "What's the thing called that helps you remember things?" she wondered aloud, for a few nurses to walk past and look at her strangely. One even had the NERVE to ask if she needed anything. How freaking dare she?!

Lilli cowering away in the corner, looking about to burst into tears, suddenly started to have an effect. She didn't know if it was the pain medication, or what it was, but the mood swing was fast and she was left in sobs. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," she cried, bringing her not broken arm up to her eyes and wiping them. "Hey, don't be sad, kid. I didn't," she began, but was cut off from the sounds of her own crying. It wasn't fun.

Faith never let go of her mother's hand. Her name... It was there, in the back of the young girl's memory, in big flashing lights, begging to be seen. But no. It wasn't coming forwards any time soon. She remained lying on her bad shoulder before being pulled onto her back by a stern, scary looking nurse. "You'll hurt yourself," the woman muttered, joining about five others in writing something down on one of those stupid clipboards. "I don't need you to write about me, okay!? I'm fine! THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME!" she insisted, yelling at the nurse's retreating form. "There's nothing wrong with me, is there, mumma?" she asked, tears forming in her eyes again. The woman shook her head, dropping Faith's hand lightly.

"Where are you going?" the brown haired girl asked, eyes widening. Great. She was leaving again. 'Just going out' her mother said weakly, kissing the back of her hand. 'I won't be long.' Faith let out a sound of irritation from the back of her throat and she closed her eyes. How did the woman expect her to trust her if she was just running off at stupid moments?

"It's okay dear, she's just gone to get some air," nurse Faith said kindly. "Can I get you anything?" Faith couldn't help but not believe her. 'Yeah, like bloody heckers has she. I don't want to trust her. I don't want to believe her. She isn't my real mum. "No thank you," the thirteen year old said weakly. "I just need to rest." It was a total lie, having slept for about a day and a half anyway, she could have gone and run around the world and still be back for lunch. She had that much energy. Throwing in a fake yawn, she snuggled into the soft pillows. Her nurse turned and walked away to see to a little four year old currently hiccuping bubbles.

"Oh, right," Faith mumbled. It did seem to be quite peculiar, but if it was what helped... She smiled weakly at the girl. "I'd love to, but I can't write with my right arm and my left one isn't in any position to be writing," she chuckled. Her arm felt heavier than usual.

"Yeah, straight out, three floors down, onto the concrete," she mumbled, reliving the incident. It was probably about time Faith stopped thinking about it, really. "I'm a little broken up, I'll admit, but otherwise," she said with a lopsided grin, before feeling her head feel like she was having a hundred volts shot through it. She shakily took the potion and held her nose, drinking it quickly, before starting a coughing fit. "Please," she said again, not knowing that it wasn't the right word to be using.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 am