Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Light of Day [Open]

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Light of Day [Open] Empty Light of Day [Open]

Post by Laedin Crouch Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Laedin scowled as he moved about the Three Broomsticks, ordering a bottle of Butterbeer from the front. He waited, and once he had gotten his beverage, moved around again until he reached a table. He sighed once he got there, putting the bottle on the table in front of him and and bringing his book out and up in front of him, intending on reading. After opening the book (Charms; Both Modern and Ancient), he set about reading, trying to drown out the noise of the other people drinking and eating.

This wasn't the best place to read, he knew it, but his parents were busy in the library and his room was always being invaded by them anyway, and this was the best place he could find. And his parents had given him the portkey to Hogsmeade, saying to be back home soon. If he hadn't been their only Heir, he would have said they didn't really care about him. But they had to, or they'd have no one to carry on the Crouch line. Sighing, he took a sip of Butterbeer and carried on reading.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Light of Day [Open] Empty Re: Light of Day [Open]

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 am

(OOC: I'm going to jump in here if you don't mind:). I've been really wanting to post lately and saw this open post so if you don't mind. . . if you do then I understand:) )

Lacey shoved open the Three Broomsticks' door with her butt, both of her hands stuffed with books, and stepped over the threshold. She inhaled the familiar smell and sighed. She couldn't wait to sit down and read; to drown out the thoughts of her parents being at a Death Eater meeting. It disgusted her.

With a smile, she stacked as many books as she could in one of her hands and walked to the counter to order a butterbeer. Once the bartender returned with her frothy drink, she balanced her items all the way to what appeared to be an open table. Set her stuff down and slid into the chair, then opened up her Defense book.

Although the table she sat at was empty, she couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't alone. Looking up from her book, she realized, with a small squeak, that the table wasn't unoccupied. A blush lit her cheeks.

"Oh, erm, um, sor-sorry. I didn't see you here. . ." she mumbled awkwardly to the boy before her who was reading a Charms book. "I um. . ."
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

Laedin sighed and felt like banging his head on the table. Was it because he was too quiet? Or was he just that unnoticeable? People just don't seem to realise he was there. When the girl, a Gryffindor he realised, sat down across from him, he scowled at her until she looked up. She had to have one of those weird feelings you get when someone's watching you. He always did, and he didn't like it..

He sighed when she finally noticed him sitting there and shook his head lightly, putting a hand up to make her stop. "It's fine, Mademoiselle. Just, please, don't bring any amis - ah, friends here or something. I'm trying to read." He held up his charms book to show her, smiled lightly at her, then dropped it back into its position so he could read it. He really needed to stop using French words in English sentences, and get rid of his French accent, too. After taking another sip of his butterbeer and nodding at the girl across from him, he went back to reading about the charms in his book.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Lacey shifted in her seat and scrutinized the boy before her. Quiet. . . studious. . . ah. A Ravenclaw. She would bet anything that he was a Ravenclaw. She smiled at his accent. French. How very interesting. . .

Clearing her throat, Lacey nodded as he picked his book back up and returned reading, her following closely in suit. Silence droned on the table once again and she found herself unable to concentrate. She heaved a frustrated sigh.

"Um, I'm sorry to bother you, but. . . um. . . I don't think we've ever met before." she watched him read again before taking a sip of her butterbeer. "And, well, just to break the ice, I'm Lacey. Lacey Black." She knew she was bothering him but for some reason she felt compelled to speak to him. Merlin did she hate being a Gryffindor.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Laedin practised the wand movements with his hand under the table as he read, a look of concentration on his face as he practised. He would have to wait until he got to Hogwarts to try it with his wand, of course. He didn't want to get in trouble with the Headmaster or Ministry for using under-age magic outside of school. He liked being in school, thank you very much. Frowning, he tried another charm, muttering the incantation under his breath and jumped when the Gryffindor girl started talking.

"Non, we have not met," He muttered to her, inaudibly sighing. "We are in different houses," Which was kind of obvious. And he was sure she was a year ahead of him. "I am Laedin Crouch. Pleasure to meet you, Mademoiselle Black." He nodded to her, raising an eyebrow to see if she would say anything more. If not, he was definitely going back to reading his book. He was almost done, and he wanted to read that Dark Arts book he had..
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:51 pm

It startled her a bit that he answered, she knew what it was like to want to concentrate on reading. Just for some reason she couldn't.

"It's nice to meet you Laedin." she smiled and held out her hand for him to take. "Yes I can guess we are in different houses. But I'm friends with people from every house so it's weird we haven't met. I'm a third year in Gryffindor. Yourself?"

She smiled at his hesitation. He really didn't want to talk. But he was French and she hadn't met him. It was new!

She glanced at his book. "Charms, eh? I'm reading Defense." she held up her book with a smile.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Laedin hesitated for a moment before reaching his hand over and shaking Laceys. He was a bit uncomfortable with making contact with another person, but he figured 'what the heck?'

"Oui?" He raised an eyebrow. "Je suis-- I am a Second year Ravenclaw. You may have guessed," He shrugged at her, looking down at his book longingly. Maybe he wouldn't be able to read, after all. But this girl did seem nice.. Maybe she could be his first friend.. He shook his head at the thought, mentally berating himself. He didn't need a friend if he had his books. That's what it had been like for most of his life anyway.

Her cheerfulness was rubbing off on him too. He really hated Empathy sometimes.

Looking over to her book, he grinned. "I have read that. C'est trés bien," Then he realised he was talking in French again. "Ah, sorry. It's very good. Informative, too. The book explains everything very well." He looked down at his Charms book, licking his dry lips and shrugging. The attitude he was showing was getting out of hand here..

Light of Day [Open] Empty Light of Day

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Alexis was running late. "Ah, last minute shoppings..."
    But that's not all. She could never resist a visit to the bookstore. She had a book in her hand, her favorite one, potions. She was hoping for some quite and some butterbeer. Unfortunately the two coudn't be found in one place...
    She entered the Three Broomsticks.
    "One butterbeer please" she ordered at the bar.
    Paying for the drink she turned looking for a sit. The place was very loud, only the table at the corner seemed quite. but there are two people already sitting in there. 'I hope they don't mind' she thought.
    "Hello, do you mind if I join you? The rest of the tables are very loud."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Noticing his hesitation, Lacey smiled to show she meant no harm. She grabbed his hand and shook his lightly hating the fact her own hand was so small.

Lacey shook her head, not understanding his French but decided to look past it. "Actually, I would have guessed Ravenclaw but far from second year. Many of the young Ravenclaws that I know aren't as studious nor knowledgeable as you. I must compliment you on your thirst for reading" she smiled as she glanced down at his book. "I'm a big reader as well."

She picked up her butterbeer as smiled pleasantly as she read the back of his Charms book. She recited incantations in her head that she remembered from the book she had read the previous year.

She shook her head. "No it's alright." Lacey lifted up the tome. "Yes, this would be my second time. It was my book from first year. I like reading books from my previous years, it allows me to see how much I've progressed with my magical abilities. I do like it as well. It's definitely very informative."

Lacey moved to sit beside him rather then across from him and looked over his shoulder at his charms book. "Incendio is very useful." she murmured with a smile. "Especially in the winter."

A girl sat down in Lacey's old seat and she looked up to greet her.

"Oh, well that's okay with me. Is it alright with you?" She inquired to Laedin who seemed more nervous then before.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Her smile was oddly comforting in a way, Laedin found. He scowled at his thoughts, taking his hand back and moving it back to its former position. Really, what was he thinking? Comforting. Whatever.

"Books have been my friends all my life," He shrugged lightly, looking down to the book in front of him again. "I didn't have friends, to be honest. Especially in England. Most people don't like to speak to me." He smiled grimly at the memories of trying to make friends, but being rejected because of where he was born. "So I turned to them instead." It wasn't that bad really. Knowledge is power, after all.

"I have photographic memory, so I remember everything I see and read.." He nodded. "You must be about the only Gryffindor who is, to be honest. Most of the ones I have met, well, ils ne sont pas intelligents.*" He purposely turned to French so she wouldn't understand it, just incase he insulted one of her friends.

"Oui, it is. Mes parents- my parents use it a lot during the cold weather," Looking down at the page, he read it over. He looked over the table to see another girl with short hair sitting down and froze up slightly. He didn't like too many people. It made him nervous.

"Ah.. Um.. Oui, c'est bien. Je ne me dérange pas. Um.. It is good, I do not mind." He fiddled with the edge of a page on one of his books, frowning.

*Around about 'they aren't that smart.'

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Alexis nodded smiling, 'Thanks, I'm Alexis by the way.' She noticed the boy was uncomfortable. 'You can continue your reading or conversation, whatever you were doing. I won't be a bother. I just wanted a quite place to read.'

she took a sip from her drink and settled in her chair to read.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Lacey dropped her hand after he yanked his from her grip. She hoped she hadn't done something to make him uncomfortable. . .

She frowned. "I know what you mean. . . I hadn't had any friends till I came here to Hogwarts. My parents-" Lacey stopped herself. "Erm. . . well. . . my home life makes friends difficult to come by. And books never leave you. And instead of immature beings, they give you knowledge and wisdom." she looked at him. "You mean people rejected you for being French?"

Lacey laughed at his insult in French. She had no idea what it meant but she knew it couldn't have been nice. "I am about the only Gryffindor that actually studies. . . And you can insult us all you want, I take nothing offensive." she smiled.

Lacey saw him stiffen when he saw the girl. He began to speak French and she felt that he spoke in French when he was nervous.

"Sure, you can sit here. We're just reading." she placed her hand on Laedins arm comfortingly and smiled at the girl then turned back to the Charms book before her. "Ooh, Accio always comes in handy. . ."
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Laedin hoped he hadn't insulted her by taking his hand back so quickly. Lacey was a nice girl, really, and he hoped to make maybe acquaintances with her, but he was uncomfortable around people sometimes. He had next to no social skills.

"Yes, they do. It is why I prefer books," He pursed his lips slightly. "Yes, they did. Newcastle is not a very accepting place when it comes to nationalities. You're either born there and accepted or born somewhere else and rejected." Puffing out a breath, Laedin looked away. He loved being French, really, but maybe things could have been different if..

"Yes, I have heard a lot about you. You are infamous around Ravenclaw for being the only one to study and getting higher grades than a lot of Third years despite being a Gryffindor." He approved and respected people who tried their hardest no matter what label was put on them, so he had a high level of respect for Lacey Black when he heard of her in the Ravenclaw Common Room.

He looked over to Lacey, almost in a frightened way, when she placed a hand on his arm. He was really only comfortable around one person at a time, which is why he either went to the Kitchens during meals at Hogwarts, tried to stay away from people or just skipped meals all together. "Lire.. Read. Yeah," he nodded. "Very handy when you have lost an item, too." He smiled up at Lacey, almost thinking her with it.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Alexis felt comfortable. With her potions book open infront of her, mention of useful charms entering her ear occassionally. Ahh! Can't wait for the school to start, she thought.
    Her lips twiched at the mention of 'Accio' remembering the incident in the library.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Lacey eyed Laedin for a second, not really sure how to react but then smiled and shrugged it off. She knew he had meant no wrong in his actions, therefore took it as something akin to being uncomfortable.

Lacey felt something stir inside her as he turned his head away. She never realized how harsh people could be. Maybe she felt. . . pity? Hardly. Lacey was a kind and loving person, but never, not once, had she ever felt pity for someone. Not even for herself.

"I sort of know how you feel. . . just not with the moving thing. . . But I am looked down upon. . . for many reasons which I hadn't chosen to be given. If I had a choice to choose. . ."

"I suppose I'm know as the infamous Lacey Black: Gryffindor's Studious Compliant." she laughed. "I hadn't know I was spoken of in the Ravenclaw common room like that. I'm stuck between blushing and hiding my face." A grin spread across her face.

She felt Laedin relax under her hand and reassuring subject change. It was good they both shared the comfort of books and school subjects; it made conversing with him much easier. She smiled at him before turning to look at the girl who was simply reading.

"Indeed it does come in great handy. Once I lost Nocens, he's my wol-. . . er. . . dog. . . when he was just a puppy. I was little but my parents used to teach me helpful spells and charms to get me ready for school. I accio'ed him right to me. Poor thing landed in a heap at me feet covered in bits of leaves and mud like the spell drug him all the way to me." Lacey laughed at the memory. "Ooh, Lumos is a great one as well."
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Laedin looked over to his face. He expected to see hurt, or something akin to anger, but he saw nothing but a reassuring smile, which calmed him down some.

He pursed his lips, feeling a turmoil of emotions. There wasn't any pity, thankfully, as he was sick of it whenever he told someone about people not liking him just because he was French. Yeah, he was used to feeling pity, but it was still annoying him. It always felt as though he was being looked down upon when they felt it. Even his parents, sometimes.

Looking over to her, he felt a bit of sadness. Taking her hand in his, he smiled at her. "I think, if people could, a lot would change things about themselves. Je pense.. I think you're a lovely person, Lacey. Tu es- ah, you are the first person to be kind to me even though I am French. Merci. Thank you."

He nodded quickly. "Oh yes, we all think you're brilliant for fighting the stereotype and showing Gryffindors can be smart if they put their minds to it." His voice was filled with sincerity. They really did respect her, even though some were jealous because she was very smart.

"Your chien? Oh, the poor thing," Laedin chuckled slightly. "Lumos is elpful for reading in the dark, non?" He used it a lot at home. It was an easy wandless spell and his parents usually put up a ball of light in his room for him to read in the dark without having to use candles or anything akin to it. Purebloods, after all, don't use electricity.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:26 am

Lacey felt his scrutinizing gaze and turned to face it head on; but, with a start, she saw emotions flitting across his features like angry bees. He seemed to be fighting with which emotion to feel. She smiled comfortingly.

She watched as he turned his to look back down at his book. A few strands of his dark hair fell across his eyes but he took no notice of them -- obviously deep in thought. His eyebrows scrunched together like he was busy with inner conflict.

Lacey's cheeks flew up in a blush as he took her small hand in his. "Oh. . . um. . . " she managed to swallow some of her surprise and flattery. "thank you. You're a lovely person too, Laedin. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." She gripped his hand a little tighter to show her point.

She smiled brightly and looked down at the table, fighting a traitorous blush. "I hadn't known I was so. . . "famous". . . I do try, though. I hate stereotypes. I mean, not all Ravenclaws are studious. Not all Hufflepuffs are frilly and smiley. Not all Slytherins are mean and gross. And not all Gryffindors are stupid and ridiculous. It's all so judgmental. I hate to be judged."

Lacey laughed a genuine laugh that tinkled merrily with the mirth in her eyes. "Yes, poor thing I'm sure! Sometimes I'm highly tempted to accio his fury butt to me no matter the obstacles!" she sighed with a content smile and leaned back into the chair she was sitting in. "Yes, it is very useful. I use it all the time. Well, my do it for me. After all I can't use magic outside of school. It's also our light at night. We're not allowed to electricity. My parents say it's 'too Muggle'." she scowled.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:41 am

Laedin winced when she smiled again. He could feel the emotions rolling off of her and, maybe it was because she was closest - but her feelings were the strongest he could feel around him.

After moving some hair out of his eyes, which had obviously just fallen in, he picked up his almost forgotten butterbeer and took a drink of it. He looked over to Lacey and smiled awkwardly at her.

"I wont. Merci, Lacey," He grinned at her. Was she easily flustered just from a compliment? Well, it was easy to understand. The Blacks are as black as their name, but she was the white-sheep of the family, like Sirius Black. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, either." He told her firmly.

Laedin nodded quickly. "Oui. If Ravenclaws weren't so full of pride, I expect some of them would come to you about things," He told her lightly, kind of making an effort to see her flustered. It was kind of cute, He mused to himself.

"He must love you doing that to him," He nodded, grinning at her. He had forgotten about the other girl who was sitting on their table for the moment. "It's useful for if you, ah, lose something at school too," He noted, thinking about bullies stealing others stuff. He was sick of them really, but what can one person against of a group of people do? Nothing, unless you're super sly about it.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Alexis was finished with her reading about the Draught of Peace. The author had some of his own inputs to give. She scribled it down in her notebook.
    She took another sip of the butterbeer and leaned back on her chair, closing her eyes. She wanted to add her own inputs to some of their discussion. But the two were pretty comfortable around each other, and she didn't want to come out as nosey. 'Well, I'll be leaving soon enough. No need to bother them.' she told herself.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Lacey couldn't help but smile. The whole situation seemed utterly preposterous, yet she couldn't seem to keep her jovial feelings at bay. Who knew that she would enter the Three Broomsticks to enjoy a good read whilst her parents were at a 'meeting' only to accidentally sit down at an already occupied table with a rather cute boy who spoke fluent French?

Another smile broke out across her features. Maybe she would enjoy today after all -- books or no books.

She glanced down at her butterbeer as he took a sip of his. Her's was probably cold by now, not worth the risk of drinking, but she took a sip anyways. Her lips twitched upward as he smiled crookedly at her.

"Good." she mumbled simply, her cheeks tinged a deep pink. "And I assure you that I won't. Never have. Never will." she smiled at him. She found his French oddly. . . alluring. It wasn't at all understandable why people didn't like him for being French. It was captivating to her. And, for some strange reason, Lacey found this shy character beside her to be quite captivating. And perhaps even. . . . cute?

"Oh. . . um. . . er, r-really?" she managed to choke out. There went her cheeks again. Why did simple things fluster her? She really wanted to slam her head against the desk. Why on earth did he seem to be enjoying himself? "Well. . . I -er- don't know what to say to that. . . I've had to ask a few Ravenclaws for help. . . I don't see it should be the other way around. . ."

Lacey smiled and looked up into his chocolate eyes which were sparkling with mirth. "I like it when you smile. It suits you." she said and reached a hand up to brush some of the dark hair out of his eyes.

"Ah, yes, if you lose something, indeed. Do you often lose stuff here at school?" she asked, getting his hidden meaning of the word. "I think people are too scared of my heritage and my wand for me to lose stuff."
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Laedin scrunched up his nose and stuck out his tongue when he found his butterbeer had gone cold. Lovely. Wasn't the best tasting thing in the world, and by the looks of it, Laceys had gone cold, too. Maybe he'd should to buy some more for them both..

He noticed Lacey was smiling again. She did that a lot, it seemed. She was a happy girl, but there was some other emotions there, too.

"Good," He repeated her statement, sticking his tongue out at her. "People who bully, I have found, are idiots. They try to make themselves feel big by picking on others," Pursing his lips slightly, he laid his book flat on the table, closed. He'd finish reading it later, as he wanted to talk to Lacey instead.

"Oui," He nodded emphatically. "Like I said, even though tu es intelligente, us Ravens have a lot of pride," Shrugging lightly, as if to say 'it's just the way we are', he started playing with the edges of pages on his book again. "We don't normally ask for help from anyone unless it's each other or a teacher. And books, of course." It was the truth, too. He hadn't seen many Ravenclaws asking other Houses for help, as they were supposed to be the House of Intellect.

A sudden blush appeared right over Laedins face, and he could feel the heat as he went red. "Ah, um.. Merci, uh, thank you, Lacey," He muttered, looking down and his hair going over his eyes again. A small smile was playing on his lips.

"Oh, I lose things sometimes, but not too often," He muttered, still looking down. "It's alright. I find everything in the end," He refused to look up. "Je suis- I am surprised people aren't of my family name. In 1981, there was a Crouch who was sentenced to Azkaban by his own father for being a Death Eater. Je pense- I think he was kissed in 1995 after escaping.." He trailed off, thinking about it. "His father had him under the Imperious Curse for years, and he managed to free himself from it in 1994." He had read all about it, through books and old Daily Prophets, and a lot of research. He also asked many of his relatives what happened through everything. "He murdered his father for it, too. Bartemius Crouch Senior and Junior."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Lacey burst into laughs at Laedin's reaction to his butterbeer. "Just a but cold, yeah?" she chuckled and made to stand to buy them new ones.

She turned her face away from his gaze and pretended to look out of the window as if interested with the people outside. However, she wasn't at all interested with the bustling adults and whining children.

Lacey traced the title on the charms book, smiling in content. "It's very true. That's why they don't bother me anymore. Literally. I don't think I've been picked on in a while, now. Maybe it's my background, maybe my talents, or maybe just the fact that a whole pack of Gryffindors would be waiting to tear the person apart; either way I've been left alone and I'm very thankful."

"I've realized that. . ." Lacey watched Laedin fidget with the book before him, a look of ease on his features. "The house of intellect, the house of bravery, the house of cunning, and the house of loyalty. We all have our ups and downs; our downfalls and our blessings; but we all need each other in some way. Gryffindor and Slytherin balance each other out. One being cunning and cowardly, the other being courageous and anything but sly. Ravenclaw balances Hufflepuff out, one being studious and reserved, the other being lazy and open." she played with her fingers. "I've learned that throughout the years. House rivalry is something we must accept. Why? because we're all so much alike yet so different."

Lacey quit talking and licked her lips, a small blush appeared on her cheeks. "I completely forgot where I was going with that. . ." she laughed, feeling clueless as to why she rambled on about the differences of the Houses. He made her flustered yet comfortable. And she rambled when she was flustered.

Lacey watched his reaction then dropped her hand back down to the table. She hadn't meant to do that, it just sort of happened. But now that she looked at him maybe she as glad she had. A blush was on her features as well.

She nodded at his story and took his hand in her's, examining his palm as she began to talk. "I don't understand how people can still treat like nothing. If anything, you treat them like nothing. You should treat me like nothing." she frowned and traced circles absentmindedly on his palm. "I don't think I really deserve much friendship, but then sometimes I remember that I hadn't chosen the path my parents did. It's not like I asked for them to be the way they are. It's not like I wanted my whole living in fear, denial, isolation. . . You see, my parents are Death Eaters. I know it sounds lame that I say that because we're the Black Family, right? We're all dark. . . but it's not true. I've spent my life in isolation from the world because my parents feared for my life and innocence. But in return, I've had no friends. Being here, at Hogwarts, is the only way I've come to meet people who will like me for me. People who don't know what my parents are and what they do. People like you. But I feel like you should have the right to know and choose my friendship despite what I'm surrounded by." Lacey looked down at the table, her vision becoming blurry.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 pm

"Not the best taste," Laedin agreed. "I'm buying the next drinks, though," He said, motioning for her to sit down. Even if it meant injury to his person, he wasn't allowing Lacey to buy the next drink.

He watched carefully as she looked outside to the passer-bys and the shoppers. Was there something interesting out there? Or was she avoiding looking at him for some reason? Whatever the reason was, he didn't mind. It just gave him another chance to hide any blushes.

"Ah, I have the talent of empathy. I could use it to instil fear in les gens stupides - the stupid people - but I decide not to," He shook his head slowly. "It would be mean, I find." And he didn't want people to fear him and then spread rumours. People would think he was a freak or something..

"Oui, they do that," He nodded. "Ils n'ont tout simplement pas compte- They just don't realise it. In Beauxbatons, there is a lot of rivalry between individuals because they do not balance each other out," Pursing his lips, he thought for a moment. "People do not realise without each House, there would be none others. Each House makes up for what the other is lacking, in a way," He grinned at her. "You make a good point, Mademoiselle."

Laedin laughed quietly. "Oh, c'est- it is fine. I forget where I go with things sometimes. It happens to the best of us," She was blushing again, the empath noted. A secretive, small smile appeared on his lips. She rambled too. How cute.

He looked down at his palm and blinked when Lacey started looking at it. Was his palm interesting or something? "I do not treat amis - friends like nothing. Ils es - they are the world to me," He was becoming flustered too. Sa main est douce.* He noted, blushing slightly at the thought. "Mes parents are the 'Dark' side of the war that is coming. I'm not sure whether I will follow the same path. I may not have a choice," He shrugged lightly, as if he didn't care. He did. His parents may love him, but they would surely hate him if he joined the 'Light' side of the soon-to-be war.. "So you should have no worries about me leaving you just because your famille is Dark. Our choices make us who we are, after all. We are not to be judged by our parents." When she looked down, something in Laedins chest hurt. She was so sad.. And the contact with her made him feel it ten-fold. Moving from his seat, he moved next to her and put his arms around her, leaning his head on hers.

"A famous French Muggle once said 'Prejudices are what fools use for reason.' I am not a fool."

*Her hand is soft.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Alexis couldn't keep from commenting, 'Perdon my interruption. But I think you are going about it the wrong way.' She looked up to the girl.
    'Being a Black doesn't make you dark or anything. Sure they have been associated with the death eater business, but if my readings are correct, at least one person per generation has been there to break all the preconcieved notions. What with Sirius Black, before that his uncle Alphard Black, if anything, you should be proud to be carrying on their legacy.' She blushed, damn it! What's wrong with me? Rambling about uninvited? She finished the rest of her drink and stood up.
    'Um, thanks for letting me sit here. See you at Hogwarts, then?' She asked them both, half expecting the boy to fidget uncomfortably.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Lacey looked at Laedin with a weird expression that was torn between blushing and smiling or refusing and standing up. She chose the former. With a nod she looked down at the table and sat back in her seat, willing her hair to cover her face as she did so to hide her flustered appearance.

After a while of gathering herself, she turned back to him from the window and smiled. "Busy day for Hogsmeade. There aren't any students, either."

"Well I think that's very noble of you." she assured Laedin, looking at him with her soft chocolate eyes. "I don't think it would be very great to have a person with the talent of empathy instilling emotions into me. I have the talent of speaking to animals. Not just normal dogs and cats, but also magical creatures, Halfbreeds, and I can determine whom is an Animagus and who isn't. I don't find it all that thrilling of a 'gift', but it gives me other friends besides books. When I was little, I would sit outside for hours and talk to Nocens. He's been my best friend my entire life."

Lacey chuckled. "Thank you. I heard it's quite the same at Durmstrang. I guess I'm glad for Hogwarts. The Founders were very smart for having different Houses with different meanings. And even though everyone is placed in a House for having similar qualities, everyone is different."

She let out a breath and turned to look at him. Her cheeks still felt slightly warm. She met his eye and saw a little sparkle in its brown depths; a very small smile played on his lips. "I-I suppose you're right. . . I mean, rambling isn't something we can help and we all forget what we're talking about sometimes. I mean, just look at all the great Heroes of the Wizarding world, they all probably all had issues with rambling and they probably forgot what they were talking about-" she cut herself off. "I'm doing it again. . ." She seemed to be rambling and blushing a lot today. She put her hands on her cheeks and laughed nervously.

Lacey liked the feel of Laedin's hand. It was oddly comforting. It made her feel safe to have her smaller one in his for some reason. "Yours too, huh?" she looked at him with glassy eyes. "Mine are actually in a meeting right now. . . People have no idea the horrible things I've heard them say." Lacey stopped tracing his palm and looked at him. "Thanks. . ." she mumbled with a small smile. "I guess you're right. It is our choices that make us different. . ."

Lacey stiffened for a moment when she felt him put his arms around her, but once his head was placed gently atop hers, she relaxed and relished in the comfort and warmth of his embrace, her arms automatically clinging to him. He smells so good. . .

After a moment of silence, Lacey whispered so quietly that she barely heard herself and the question that came out even startled her. "Would you stick with me even if it meant our parents hate us?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:37 pm