Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Div 3.1 | Complete

Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Div 3.1 | Complete Empty Div 3.1 | Complete

Post by Sophia Chaos Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 am

INTUITION

The word was written across the chalk board in large letters. It was most subtle of the psychic abilities she wanted to cover with her third years. Dreams would probably take up two quarters, whereas Visions would fill the last.

As Sophia finished preparing the room, Magus decided that he would duck out of the lesson. Crucking in farewell, he departed through one of the open windows.

"Be safe," Sophia spoke softly after her familiar.

Now, to wait for her third years to arrive.

Last edited by Sophia Wyse on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Div 3.1 | Complete Empty Re: Div 3.1 | Complete

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 am

Kathy rushed towards the room
    Seeing she was the one to arrive early she smiled.
    It was a great relief for her to be the first one in class. She thought she would be late on the first lesson of the year which would be embarrassing for her.
    "Good Day Professor" Kathy greeted cheerfully as she walked near Professor Wyse.

Noticing the word written on the board, she wondered "Intuition?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Lacey entered the Divination classroom warily. She'd never been good at Divination. In fact, it was her worst class. And Lacey wasn't bad when it came to school, quite the opposite. She was amazing at school and loved every minute of it. But Divination. . .

"Hello, Professor." she said whilst taking a seat in the farthest back she could find. Hopefully this year would be a lot better.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 pm

"Alright, then," Sophia said when it was time for school to start. "This will all of us, for now. Everyone else has no idea what they're missing out on.

"Now, today's topic, Intuition," she began her lecture. "Who can tell me why many don't place this within the art of Divination?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 am

Lacey raised her hand. "Well, maybe it's because a lot of people think Divination is merely just fortune telling and palm reading." she guessed. "They don't know that there is more to then just gazing into a crystal ball."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:09 am

"Correct, Miss Black," Sophia praised. "Five points. And why is it that even some well-versed in the art of Divination don't consider Intuition to fall into said art?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm

"Well. . ." Lacey drew in a breathe as she thought. "Intuition is The ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning -- a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning. So for even some highly trained people in said art, they may not think Intuition falls under it because Divination isn't conscious reasoning. It's more of an instinctive art, and Intuition is too thought processed for such a thing, I suppose they could think."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:18 am

"Actually, I'd say intuition is a bit more rooted in the instinctive than some other branches of Divination," Sophia said kindly. "The reason, however, that a lot of folks don't consider it a part of the art is that it requires neither magic, nor magical know-how. Furthermore, unlike other branches of the art, intuition rose up on its own, to be tied in with Divination much later.

"The reason that I, and others, believe that intuition is as much Divination as reading tea leaves or scrying is that it is built on the same foundation: knowing yourself and paying attention the world around you. As you might remember from first year, not all Divination requires one to have a Gift. Even muggles are known to learn how to read the stairs, and many can utilize intuition better than some seers interpret signs or omens."

Sophia paused to let what she had already said sink in before continuing. "As you have said, Miss Black, intuition is based on instinct. Can either of you tell me why it is that so few people seem to be able to use it?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:05 am

Lacey nodded understandingly before clearing her throat. "Well, maybe because people don't listen to their instincts anymore. They're too busy trying to play logic and what makes sense and what doesn't instead of relying on their own intuition." she guessed.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 am

"Precisely, Miss Black. Five points," said Sophia. "A very intelligent man once said that, 'The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.'

"Because people are so focused on logic and making sense of world, they are sometimes ignorant of what might be quite obvious and clear were they to open their minds, just a little.

"Now, among those known for their use of intuition are empaths. Why would this be the case?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 am

Lacey smiled, recalling her dear friend who happened to be one. "Because Empaths rely on and listen to their feelings and others' around them."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 pm

"Precisely. Empaths are perhaps the strongest in the art of intuition because they have learned to trust their own feelings from reading those of others. They are part of a rather varied group referred to as sensitives, because they do have such a heightened awareness of those around them.

"Now, many muggles belonging to Christian groups have their own concept of what, precisely, intuition is," said Sophia. "Any guess as to what that might be?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 am

Lacey thought for a moment, quite unsure, but decided to guess. "Um, perhaps the Bible?"
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 am

"In a sense," Sophia agreed slowly, "but I'm referring more to what Christians often refer to as the 'still, small voice.'

"Now, some believe that this voice is that of a deity - for Christians, this is God. While I, personally, don't necessarily believe this to be incorrect, I think that intuition is being so in tune with oneself and one's instincts that it is very nearly a voice. As I hardly believe this to be the appropriate forum, I do believe I shall leave it at that and let each of you come to your own conclusions on the matter.

"I do think, however, that learning to trust in one's instincts, in one's intuition, is a means by which to broaden one's worldview and open up insight and opportunities that might otherwise be missed. It is because intuition allows a person a deeper awareness of world, letting them see patterns and therefore allow them at least some idea of what might next occur, that I felt it an important topic to teach to you.

"Now, for your homework, I would like you ladies to read the chapter on intuition. There will be no writing assignment, this time, but I would like you to try to get in touch with your intuition and see if it can't aid you a bit in your day to day life," Sophia told them. "Unless you have any questions, you are free to go."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:45 pm