Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

No One to Write | OPEN

Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

No One to Write | OPEN Empty No One to Write | OPEN

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 am

Aria had no one to write.

She never had, though, technically in her new 'story' she had an uncle. 'Uncle Aden' - Djinn - had no more desire to receive letters from Aria than she had to write them, however. Of the many things that had changed about Aria, however, one thing remained constant: she loved animals, and they her.

At the moment, the girl sat on one of the window sills, an owl on one shoulder, another perched on her forearm, one upon her knee, and still others on the sill beside her. Aria was systematically giving them each treats and stroking their feathers. She had no one to write to, yet still the owlry was one of Aria's favorite places to be. Something about animals made her feel at peace; made her feel a sense of home.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

No One to Write | OPEN Empty Re: No One to Write | OPEN

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Aquila pounded up the stairs to the owlery, the almost disgustingly length letter in his hand. He was there looking for his parents owl, which he knew would be there. It was always there. He could of course have his own owl, he could have whatever he wanted, but he wasn't interested in a pet.

Too much work. He'd probably forget about the poor thing anyways.

Quil was presently mad at his parents - he was usually mad at them about something, though he was never quite as bad as Ceph who was in a permenant state of hatred - but to remain their darling little son, he of course, had to pretend he wasn't.

Sometimes it disgusted him how easily he could lie to them. Be who they wanted him to be, when he himself didn't want that.

When he got to the top he started looking for the bird, but found a girl instead.

"Hello there," he smiled instantly morphing away from the irritation that had held his stomping up the stairs, "Enjoying the wonderful world that is the owlery?"
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Aria looked up at the boy with a smile. "I like it up here," she responded. "Are one of these yours?" She lifted the owl that was perched on her forearm, tilting her head inquisitively.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Aquila looked around the place with a grin.

"It does have a charm, I'll admit, but I'm not sure its a place I want to take up permenant residence," he laughed.

He looked over the flock of birds she had around her. "They certianly seem to like you better than me."

"And actually, yes, yes," he said his eyes landing on his parents Owl perched on her knee. He pointed to it, "Thats the one right there I'm looking for."
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:17 am

Aria gave a soft laugh. "It's better than some places," she replied.

"Ah, this fellow?" the girl said, fondly stroking the feathers of the owl in question. "A real charmer, he is. And he knows it. Lovely bird."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 am

"That he is," Aquila nodded with a grin, "My parents have spoiled him as much as they have me."

He shook his head with a laugh, as the girl stroked him, "He likes you more than he ever liked me. Though, its not much compitition. He never liked me much at all."
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 am

"Most animals like me," Aria stated, "so it's not a very fair competition." She put her free arm in front of the owl, waiting for him to step onto it before standing. Moving over to the boy, she held the bird out towards him.

"A delivery for you, feathered sir," the girl crooned to the owl. The bird turned to gaze at Aquila before thrusting his leg out towards the boy.

"Spoiled, huh? Count yourself lucky. Not everyone is so valued, you know."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 am

Aquila laughed, and then sighed as he tied the letter to the birds legs. He didn't want to be sending it really, but... well it had to be done or he would lose, just about everything he worked for.

"There you go, Bud. Say Hi to Mum and Dad for me," he whispered trying to pat the birds head only to have to bring his hand back as he was nipped at. He smiled at the girl, "see I told you he didn't like me much."

He nodded his head, "Yeah I do know it." It was easy to know it when they neglected to spoil his brother at the same time.
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:30 am

Aria gave a small laugh, though not an unkind one. "Animals tend to like what they like," she offered as she watched the bird leave. The owl on her arm removed itself to a roost, as did the one perched on her shoulder.

"Almost wish I had someone to write," the girl remarked, leaving against a windowsill.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Aquila smiled at her laugh, "That they do, and that one has never liked me." He leaned forward adding in a conspirtal whisper, "He's always been Jelous."

He smiled at his own little half joke and watched his parents bird until it was just a small dot in the sky and then nothing at all. His news was sent, choice made... he couldn't go back now.

Really, there had never been much of a choice, and once the first letter from his parents arrived he had been stuck.

"Don't got anyone to write?" he asked, although really her statment had made it pretty obvious, "Well, I kind of wish I didn't have to write to my parents right now, so next time we can make a switch."

Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 pm

"I see," Aria grinned. She studied him quietly, though, it was hard to say just what she might have been gleaning.

"I don't have parents," she remarked with a shrug. "Just Uncle Aden." Who wasn't her uncle at all, of course, but the one who created her: Djinn.

Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Aquila nodded his head like he understood, though in all honesty he didn't. Still it seemed like th thing to do.

"Thats cool... or something," he hesitated a moment then gave a little laugh. "So do you live with your Uncle or... ?"
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 pm

"I live at the school, mostly. My parents died - were killed - just prior to last term," Aria wove the tale that was her life; the story of a girl who didn't truly exist. "I was injured in the attack and lost my memory. My uncle found me over the break, and he was able to help recover them, though some of my recent memories were lost in the process.

"I suppose I will live with him, come summer time. Honestly, I'd rather stay here. My uncle and I... we've never been close." She gave a grim smile.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 am

"I'm sorry for that," Aquila said with a nod and the polite amount of sympathy but did not bother with the oozing empathy that some may should they hear such a proclaimation.

"Thats too bad, not being close and all. I'm not that close to my parents myself... I mean I act like I am but..." he shook his head and gave a rueful little smile, "Its complicated."
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 am

"It's alright." The girl shrugged, then gave a quick smile. "I think I understand," she said.

"Well, it was pleasure to meet you..." Aria laughed. "How rude of me. My name is Aria. Aria Kennet." She held her hand out to the boy.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:12 am

Aquila smiled, glad that he didn't really have to go into it further. If she hadn't left it all as just as that he probably would have been brushing it off as a joke.,

He took her hand.

"Nice to meet you Aria, I enjoy meetin a fellow 'A' name. I'm Aquila Turrow."
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 am

Aria shook his hand and smiled warmly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Aquila," she told him.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Aquila took his hand back and leaned against the wall. His duty was done, he could in all honest leave the owlery, but he had nothing pressing to do and for the time being was going to see what would come out of a discussion with Aria.

"So, lets see, we covered names, I can clearly see your house," he smiled slightly as he nodded at her robes, "What year are you in?"
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 am

OOC: Why do people always assume I am wearing my robes..?

"I'm fourth year," Aria remarked. "Sometimes, it feels like I've only just started to learn." Her tone was joking, though, it was the absolute truth. Granted, no one would believe she was only a few months old.

"What are you, then? You're a bit short... First or second year?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

OCC- Fair question... My brain just automatically jumps to robes when I think of Hogwarts Razz

"I always feel that way... mainly because as my brother would love to say "I never learn.'" He gave a mischeivious grin and a laugh.

"I'm not that short," he said with a teasing grin and straightening taller, "But I am in my second year."
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 am

She put a hand atop the boy's head, raising a skeptical brow. He was nearly her height, only, Aria wasn't that tall. "For a boy, you are short," she amended wryly. "Most third and fourth year boys are much taller than me. Don't worry; you won't stay short. Me? I will likely stay this height until I die."

*Aria is 5'3"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

"Till you die, eh?" he smirked, "How very morbide of you. I would think all my life would work too. Though perhaps have less of an impact no?"
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Aphrodite Kallistos
    Other
    Other

Post by Aphrodite Kallistos Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:27 am

"I guess that is a bit morbid," Aria agreed with a wry smile. "Didn't really think about it. 'All my life'. I guess I just expect my life to be a bit... short. Like me."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Aquila tilted his head and looked at the girl as he thought about what she said.

"That's too bad; I hope you're wrong," he said seriously, "Though I kind of know how you feel. If I make it past let's say age twenty I'll be more surprised than anyone." He chuckled slightly despite the tone of what he said.

After all, Aquila had accept that fact long ago. Really, he should probably be surprised he'd made it to twelve. If he had been born a muggle, he probably never would have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:59 pm