Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

New Professor.

Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

New Professor. Empty New Professor.

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am

Catori walked swiftly through the halls of Durmstrang to reach the teacher's lounge. She knew she was one of the youngest professors there, but didn't think she'd get looked down on for it. They room was wide and the sitting area of it as cozy as it gets for Durmstrang, but she didn't mind it. She sat by the fire, feeling its warmth defrost her frozen skin from the wind. She was trying to set up plans for her lessons. SIX sudents signed up. SIX. How pathetic was that? Not that she minded though. Yes, she would've liked more, but every is set in the spirits to happen how it should. She sighed and lit some sage, to smell up the room, make her feel more at home, when she heard the door open.

New Professor. Empty Re: New Professor.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 am

Hristo had just finished prepping the flubberworms for his first years, he glanced down at his watch and realised he had a good hour before his first years would arrive, so he decided to go to the staff room and get a butterbeer

Hristo pushed through the doors, he was surprized to see a young looking witch sitting in one of the armchairs, he couldn't recall seeing her before perhaps she was new

" Oh hello...are you a new Professor?" Hristo asked curiously
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:25 am

Catori glanced up from her papers at the voice. She hadn't seen the professor before, but then again she often stayed at her hut down by where she taught about Magical Beasts. She looked him up and down before standing up and bowing lightly to him.

"My name is Catori, the new professor for Magical Beasts. And your name is?" She asked politely.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:23 am

Hristo was surprized when the young woman bowed to him, he felt quite gratified. " Nice to meet you Catori, im Hristo the Potions Master"

Hristo then walked over to the ktichen and poured himself a glass of butterbeer, he then turned around and leaned against the counter and took a small sip from his cup

" So Magical Beasts, you would really have to know what your doing hey" Hristo said, trying to make small talk with the woman
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:58 am

Catori watched as he went to the table and poured himself a clearish bubbling drink. The smell proved it to be rather alcoholic. She took a step foreward, "Ah, yes. I do have to know what I am doing. But I am rather decent at it." She shrugged lightly, running a few fingers through her long hair. She smoothed her tan buckskin dress down before continuing,

"I grew up with a lot of my tribe in the forests of Siberia... there I learned about many creatures. My knowledge runs oceans deeper than the stream of books you supply here." She looked him up and down. He didn't look like he would teach something such as Potions and Poisons.

"Potions and Poisons, hm? Sounds complicated."

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 am

Hristo listened intently as Catori explained that she grew up in a tribe, Hristo was fasinated by this. " Oh wow, that would have been quite an interesting childhood" Hristo had a flashback to his impoverished childhood with his muggle parents begging on the streets of Russia just to have food for that night

Hristo quickly snapped back into reality, Catori stated that Potions ans Posions would be quite complicated. Hristo gave a small chuckle " Well... it can be quite challenging to learn but if you apply yourself and be careful its realtively straight foward"

Hristo gave a small smile to Catori, " So hows your class size, coping with the numbers alright?" Hristo asked
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 am

Catori nodded, her hands placed behind her back, she looked down at her barefeet. It never really occured to her that walking around barefoot wasn't normal, seeing as it's how she grew up and usually how she walked around, she hadn't been away from her tribe since graduating.

"Numbers are down a lot... I expected more than 6 students would apply, but I suppose magical beasts is not going to help much when it comes to war." She stepped forward with a few graceful steps to sit at a stool by the counter.

"Are your number of students decent?"

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 am

As Catori took a seat near the counter Hristo noticed that she was barefoot, this stuck him as quite odd, Though I guess she does teach her lessons outside Hristo thought to himself

Hristo was surprized to hear there wasn't a large number in Magical Beasts, he felt sure that would be a popular subject. He then took another sip of his butterbeer. " Yeah my numbers aren't to bad about 13 of them, though mind you I think its the parents pushing them into it"

Hristo was intrigued by Catori, he had never met someone so free sprited, " So is this your first teaching position you've had?" Hristo asked, not sure if tribes had some form of Magic schools
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 am

Catori gave him a smile and nodded lightly, "Yes, Professor Belby." She pulled her legs up to sit cross-legged. "I have not been to Durmstrang since I graduated 4 years ago." She enjoyed talking to this man, he was nicer than some of the older people.

"Home in Siberia the children learn from the medicine woman and the healers, and how to hunt from the men," She informed him, sensing his urgency to hear more. She was one to know what people were thinking,

"And no, we do not have magic schools in my tribe. We do not teach magic in my tribe, but some of the advanced medicine women and healers use it to make sure the healing herbs grow well."

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 am

Hristo listenly closely to Catori as she informed him more about the tribe culture, "Hmm very interesting, well im sure you will enjoy teaching, Durmstrang is lucky to have a Professor with such hands on experience with Magical Beasts"

Hristo paused for a moment remembering his first day of teaching;

" Well after I graduated from Durmstrang I went to work in the Ministry in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, I worked there up until last year when I turned 26 and decided to do something more rewarding with my life. Naturally I became Potions Master due to by high level of achievment in the subject"

Hristo had a big gulp of his butterbeer almost finishing it then looked over Catori " Would you like one" Hristo asked gesturing towards his cup

Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:10 pm

She listened to his story, not surprised in the slightest that he worked for the ministry. He seemed like the type to.

"You seem very well fit for your job, Professor Belby. You seem to enjoy your job." She smiled at him When he asked her if she wanted one of the drinks he had, her eybrows furrowed.

"I am sorry to seem so naive, but, what is it? It smells of alcohol, but I hav only ever used alcohol for healing." Despite her great knowledge, she was very embarresed about not knowing what the drink was, her cheeks bushed a lightly a pink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:42 pm