Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

New Healer(Open)

New Healer(Open) Empty New Healer(Open)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Mitchell walked into the Infirmary and took a deep breath in he loved the smell of bleach, he then walked over to the cabinets and opened them to check what supplys he had and what ones he didn't, he picked up his notebook and began quickly writing down particular potions he would need or there was no stock left

Mitchell then walked towards a small desk at the end of the room and sat down and began reading a book titled "Healing power of Fire" Mitchell soon became deeply ingrossed in the book
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

New Healer(Open) Empty Re: New Healer(Open)

Post by Catori Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:43 am

Catori walked gracefully, her body mimicking the wind as she did, her hair flowing behind her. She was wearing her typical buckskin dress (dress) that kept her warm. Cain, her wolf, trotted along side her as she entered the infirmary.
    The healer was reading a book at his desk, and Catori could tell her had yet to notice her even though she was standing infront of him. "Hullo, Mitchell." She smiled, her knowing smile, she'd guessed his name, but the name suited him just fine.
    "I was wondering if I could borrow some Sleeping Draught. I have run out and the Blast-Ended Skrewts that are sick are becoming quite distressed." Her voice was airy as she spoke, the smell of the sage she'd just been burning drifted from her body.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:56 am

A jolt pulsed through Mitchell as he heard someone greet him, it was a Professor he hadn't seen her before though he didn't see any of the other Professors really because if he wasn't teaching classes he would be in here

She asked if she could borrow some Sleeping Draught, Mitchell scratched his head " Um.. im not sure if we have any currently haven't had a chance brew up some more" he then got up and walked over towards the cabinets and opened then up, he scrolled his finger over the limited supply of healing potions

"Ah here we are, last one aren't you lucky" Mitchell said as he turned around and gave the potion to the Professor, Mitchell walked over to his table and set up his caldron and pulled out the ingridents from the draw and began brewing up some more Sleeping Draught
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:14 am

"Ah, luck is not really anything I believe in. It is much appreciated, Professor Ollivander. The Skrewts become very agitated in the winter." She smiled softly, "I am Catori, if you wished to know. The Magical Beasts Professor." She introduced, sitting on an infirmary bed.

"You are new here, are you not?" She asked. She was new, too, but she hadn't seen him around since she'd gotten to Durmstrang. She very much enjoyed the infirmary, actually. The simple factor that it was so peaceful, but of course she much preferred the outdoors. Her barefeet felt strange on the cold tiles of the floors.

She watched as he added in ingredients and began brewing what she assumed was more Sleeping Draught.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 am

Mitchell looked up at Catori with a surprized looked "You don't believe in luck" Mitchell then shock his head " Goodness me"

Mitchell gave a small smile as she addressed him as Professor Ollivander, " Oh Catori you don't have to call me Professor your not a student and besides I let the kids call me Mitchell or Mitch when im working in here" he then continued to add a few more ingridents and slowly stir the potion in anticlockwise motion

Catori asked if he was new Mitchell nodded at her " Yes im new, im actually from London Sacha begged me to come over to be the Healer and Healing Arts Professor because of my world recognition as a Healer" Mitchell gave a chuckle " My father who past away some years ago gave his wand shop to me and my two brothers and one sister, and well Trent one of my brothers is working as Deputy Head Auror for the British Ministry and my sister Charlotte is a well known author for many potion books"

Mitchell gave a smile then continued " And that leaves Charles who has really done nothing with his life so we decided he should take over the shop, I just hope he's not making a mess of everything. Even as kids he was always the troublesome one" Mitchell added the last few ingridents into the potion and tapped his wand on the side of the caldron, he then let it simmer for awhile.

Mitchell then looked at Catori, " So how about your family, what are they like?" Mitchell asked
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 am

Catori nodded as she listened to him speak about his family. When she'd figured out his last name, she'd figured out mane things about him. She cocked her head to the side as she thought about the wand shop. When he asked about her family she furrowed her eyebrows, curious as to why he was asking her such a strange question, but shook it away and decided it was right to answer.

"My father and mother were both born in a small community in Siberia near Novosibirsk. My great grandparents and their tribe relocated here from the northwest coast of America. I grew up in the forests of Novosibirsk with my tribe..." She paused thinking about her family and her homeland.

"I was raised in the ways of parents, grandparents, and great grandparents were raised- as part of the earth. My parents did not want me to go to school, but I did. And they learned to be okay with it. I do not have siblings like you do, but my tribe are my brothers and my sisters, and the earth is me guidance." She told him. Siblings was never something she really 'missed out on'. It was true, she was raised with all of the other tribe children as her siblings.

"Growing up in the forests my mother, a shaman, taught me of the creatures. The Magical Beasts. I do know the medical treatments that are known scientifically, but I prefer to give the animals the healing treatments I learned in my tribe from the medicine woman, my grandmother." She shrugged lightly. "My family is still in Novosbirsk, but they are hurting this winter." She told him, thinking back to her family.

"I have a wand... I needed it for school, but as I grew up, I was taught magic without using a wand." She told him, thinking it was quite amazing that he 'owned' a wand shop.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 am

Mitchell was quite surprized to hear about Catori's family and the workings of the tribe. Mitchell tried hard to hold back a smile as she mentioned the medicine women of her tribe, while he respected their culture he knew the methods of medicine women is greatly questionable

Mitchell wondered how Catori could use basic magic without a wand, he's never heard of such a thing " So your from the forests of Novosibirsk, that has excellent Wolfthorn wood up there, shame your tribe doesn't use wands because Wolfthorn makes beatiful wands"

Mitchell then saw that the potion was complete he then began bottling it up, once he had all 20 bottles of the potion he tapped his wand on them and them leviataed in the air, then floated over towards the cabinet and put themselves away

" So you said your parents were hurting this winter, what did you mean by that?" Mitchell asked his natural Healer instincts kicking in

Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Catori laughed at the idea of making wands in her tribe, and shook her head, "The Wolfthorn tree makes beautiful wands, yes. But we have no use for wands. I can do all my magic wandlessly. It is how I was raised." She shrugged lightly, remembering her days of learning magic without the use of a wand. It was highly frustrating as a child, but she knew it was the way of her people.

She watched him as he bottled the potion and levitated it to the cabinet. She could do the same with her hand, but at the same time wondered what in the Lord's name kept him from simply walking them there.

"It has been a hard winter." She told him. Her parents and grandmother were doing everything they could to heal the sick, it still worried her. "The tribe is having a hard time." She stood up, her bare feet padding on the stone floor as she walked to the window to look out over the grounds, "The snow may fall hard here, but it falls harder in the forest. My grandmother has kept many tribesman alive with her medicine." She added, turning back to face him.

"The winter is not going to get any easier though. I fear for my people sometimes."

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

Mitchell listened as Catori explained the that harsh winter would cause great trouble for her family, she mentionted the medicine women were trying their best to help heal the people of the tribe

Mitchell then thought for a moment then looked back at Catori, " Have your medicine women tried boiling Phoenix fat and Minus tree leaves in a pot and serving it as a form of broth, while this method seems abit primitive this mixture does boast a human's immune system and keeps the body core temperature at a healthy level"

Mitchell knew this wasn't a desired method of moden healing and knew the Aries Potion and incendio charm would be the acceptable way to treat this situtation, though he was mindful that possibly Catori's tribe would not want to take on any modern healing teachiques
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Catori laughed lightly, Mitchell's offer seeming quite strange to her. "Phoenix fat may be how you all work things, but the Unicorn's hair in stew works wonders for the tribe. And The Unicorns don't always mind." She gave him a light smile and pulled her hair over to one side over her head. "Dragon Scales also work wonders but they taste absolutely horrendous."

Catori made her way towards Mitchell, "Are you the only healer in your family?" She asked simply looking over the viles of medicines and potions. "Or is it passed down?"

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Mitchell then shrugged as Catori told him they use different ingridents for healing " Well it's certainly not the modern method of healing, and would be quite questionable" Mitchell had no patienence for tribal medicine he felt it was imprecise and impractical in modern times

Mitchell let out a sigh then folded his arms in frustration of not being able to convince Catori to give her tribe recommended healing products, she then asked was healing passed down through his family

" No, im the only healer in my family" Mitchell said bluntly still quite annoyed from before

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm