Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils

Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Immortal
    Immortal

Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils Empty Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils

Post by Tony Stark Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 am

Sometime during the 9th century, Midnight, somewhere in Sussex

A slight creek on the floor boards had Aurmerle awake in seconds. He'd always been a light sleeper so he didn't get much sleep living in their hut. The wind this time of year was a nightmare when it came to getting to sleep. It shrieked and creeked in the wind so often he often found himself sitting awake at night.

He threw back the covers of his makeshift bed and crawled out. No one ever wondered at this time. The nights belonged to the wolves and no one came out alive after facing them. He grabbed his coat and slipped it on being careful to miss all the weak spot on the floor so his parents wouldn't wake.

The freezing air felt like ice against his bare skin as he followed the footsteps around to the back of the house. There in front of him stood his brother and a man he'd never seen before. Without a seconds thought he hid, and began to listen to their words.

Last edited by Aurmerle Pyrrhos on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils Empty Re: Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:12 am

Aethon had stared at the wall for hours. It didn't feel right. His soul for eternity? His body for knowledge? There was a catch. There was always a catch.

But if he carried through with it, if he made this deal with the creature that called itself Djinn, he could be with her forever. They need never be parted by death. What good was his soul if he could never be with the one he loved?

It was the darkest hour of the night. It was time to meet the deal-maker.

Aethon hesitated but a moment before rising from his bed and preparing himself to leave the hut. He'd done so silently, save for the one spot in the floor he forgot to avoid - the same spot in the floor he always forgot to avoid. There was no immediate response from the other inhabitants in the dwelling. He continued towards his fate.

Moving around to the back of the hut, watchful for wolves, Aethon made his way to the edge of the property behind the animals' shed. There waited the man. There waited a devil.

Last edited by Ethon Pyrrhos on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Djinn
    Djinn
    Immortal
    Immortal

Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils Empty Re: Immortality Part I - Deals with Devils

Post by Djinn Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 am

Djinn's crimson eyes gleamed in the night. He'd know the man would come. So strong of will and so-called morality, and yet so foolish for the sake of love. The demon sneered.

"I see, you have come, after all," he said with a smirk. "What shall it be, Ethon Galenson? Will you accept my deal? Your soul for immortality, for eternity and power? For knowledge?"

He glanced, almost casually around, fiery gaze settling momentarily on the younger man who had followed his quarry. He would deal with him momentarily. In fact, he rather suspected the boy would come forward himself.

The demon turned his gaze back to the elder brother intently, waiting for his response.
    Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Tony Stark Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:38 am

He gasped and moved back to hide behind the house as he caught sight of those eyes. Those red eyes! Who had eyes like that? "Aethon! What are you doing? Who is that?" He asked stepping out into the open so he could see his brother clearly.

"You shouldn't be out here mama would kill us if she found out!" He said looking at the house to makse sure no one had heard. What was his brother playing at?
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:43 am

Aethon whirled on his brother. "Fool!" he hissed, though he knew it was his own fault. He should have missed that spot on the floor, then his brother wouldn't have followed him...

"Aurmerle," Aethon commanded sternly, thrusting a hand towards the hut. "Return inside, at once!"
    Djinn
    Djinn
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Djinn Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49 am

A malicious smile spread across the demon's face.

"Now, Aethon," Djinn admonished, tone smooth and persuasive. "Such lack of manners. I am called Djinn, younger son of Galen. Aurmerle, is it? I've come to make your brother a deal. In fact, I shall make you the same deal.

"Immortality, child. Immortality and power, strength beyond your imagining. Interested?"
    Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Tony Stark Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 am

His face turned sour at being ordered away. "Im not a child Aethon! Stop treating me like one." He said, his fists clenched by his sides. His brother ordering him away only made him wish to stick around. He was obviously up to no good.

His eyes wondered back to the man and he simply nodded to confirm his name. "Immortality?" He said barely louder than a whipser. He'd always wanted to be treated like an adult but he really was nothing more than a kid. Immortality, power and strength. Wasn't that all he'd ever wanted? "How?" He asked trying to sound braver than he felt as he took a step closer to the man. He wanted it all, he wanted it all so badly he was willing to do pretty much anything to get it.
    Djinn
    Djinn
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Djinn Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 am

"It's simple, really," Djinn replied before Aethon had a chance to get a word in edgewise. "Just a... minor transaction.

"I can give you everything you ever wanted, along with your brother here. You two will be kings, no - gods among men - for but a small price. Just your soul." The demon shrugged. "It's not so much to ask, really. You'd never know it was gone."
    Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Tony Stark Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 am

He smiled at the prospects of being made a God. All men would look to him in need. He would be the one in charge of millions and he would be their saviour, their hero. He didn't even hear the comment about his soul, he was too busy planning ahead for his old life.

"Wait, will we age? I don't want to age." He said looking up to Djinn.
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am

"Aurmerle!" Aethon had known this was a mistake. It was one thing to forfeit his own life, but his brother's? "Listen, brother - let us both go inside! You're right. Me being out at this hour is a mistake. Let us go back to sleep!" His tone was earnest and pleading.

He wasn't certain his brother would notice.

"You will never age," the devil spoke up, those crimson eyes of his on Aurmerle. "All eternity and you shall forever be young. Your brother is too cautious - you know this better than any. This is good for you both. You know I speak the truth. Aethon, here, just needs a push in the right direction."

Aethon's eyes went wide. "That is not my reasoning! I am doing it only for her!" he exclaimed. "Aurmerle, see reason! There's a catch - there is always a catch!"
    Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Tony Stark Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:30 am

His eyes wondered from his brother to Djinn wondering what to do. "But i don't want to." He said turning to look back at Djinn.He nodded thinking for a while. Was his brother just wanting all this for himself? It certainly seemed like it. He was happy doing the deal until her was offered the same thing.

"Don't tell me what to do Aethon!" He said looking at his brother before turning back to Djinn. "Deal, i except!" He said before Aethon did anything to stop him.
    Djinn
    Djinn
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Djinn Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 am

"Wise choice," Djinn told the younger man approvingly, moving towards Aurmerle, possessiveness shining in his crimson eyes. He paused, turning to look at Aethon.

"You came to tell me your decision. Will you, also, accept my deal? Eternity, Aethon. Think of all that you can gain. Knowledge, power, the chance to forever be with your love. And now, you can also spend it with your brother.

"What do you say, Aethon Galenson? Which do you choose?"
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:01 am

Aethon was stricken, staring incredulously at his brother.

'Deal, I accept!'

No... no, no, no! What had he done? Aurmerle was young and impetuous. He didn't always think thing through. What had he done? Aethon had just sentenced his brother to an eternity of... of...

He didn't even know what. All he knew was that he wouldn't leave his brother to face it alone. Even if he didn't want to be with her, his decision would be the same.

"Deal!" Aethon declared. "I accept!"

If he had only known...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm