Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Don't Get Too Close To the Edge

Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Don't Get Too Close To the Edge Empty Don't Get Too Close To the Edge

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Aquila bounded on to the ship, excited for the start of another year - and the escape from his parents and memories of the past that had plagued him over the summer - this would be his first full year at Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts and he was determined to make it a new start.

He was a little sad to once again be leaving his brother behind, but really, thats what owls were for... and besides, he could get his mischief along much better without his big brother hovering over his shoulder. He loved Ceph, but the boy worried too much. It would be much better to be far away where he just wouldn't know.

With his trunk in one hand, the boy made his way over to the railing, leaning upon it and looking out over the water. He couldn't wait to get going - he couldn't wait for the year to begin.

It was going to be good - he could feel it.
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Don't Get Too Close To the Edge Empty Re: Don't Get Too Close To the Edge

Post by cockroach Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Dean Winchester glanced around the ship with an air of displeasure. Why he had deigned to suffer a boat ride to the school with these children was beyond him.

And they were, to him, a hundred-plus year old vampire. Children to be pitied and perhaps protected when they seemed worthy.

He noticed on particular child leaning against the railing, looking decidedly too excited for the vampire's tastes. Didn't the boy know what awaited them? The pain and heartbreak that followed every first year down the ages.

Dean approached, unhurried, and came to stand next to the boy.

"Looking forward to a years worth of torture and chaos?" the vampire asked with a tiny smile. "It's bound to get bloody."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Taryn carefully stepped onto the ship. She immediately tensed herself for the onslaught of hate, and then realized that she had friends now. She relaxed only slightly, trying to find Afonka or Arion. Instead, she found two boys, looking over the edge was one, and the other seemed to be trying to put him down. Taryn bounced-yes, bounced, as unlikely as it seems-over to them and gave her best shot at a smile. It probably still looked more like a grimace. "Hello! Jestem-" she started to say in Polish, then trailed off, looking disgruntled. She had not wanted to start back up on the Polish thing-it connected her to Rae, to Avon. Taryn had recently made it her goal to escape both Hells. So, she dropped the smile a little, and introduced herself with an awkward, "Hey."
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Dean watched the girl's exuberant approach and hid a small grimace. They were all so unnaturally cheerful. It was grating, but also, he had to admit to himself, refreshing in a way.

"Hello," he greeted the girl with a sharp nod. "My name is Dean Winchester."

He extended a cold hand in her direction and tried to give her one of his most charming smiles. The one that had never let him down.

"Who might you be, young one?"
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 pm

"Dean," Taryn nodded, a bit suspicious now that the adrenaline had calmed. "Me?" she grinned right back, seeing right through the act of his. She was not one to be lied to-one too many fake smiles, one too many selfish asks. "I'm Taryn. Taryn Lennee. First year, I suppose?" she asked, stuffing her hands in her pocket and ignoring his. Then, she looked over at the other boy, who she could've sweared was familiar. "Why do I think I know you?" she directed at him.
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am

Anger tore through Dean, clawing to make itself heard, but he swallowed hard and pushed it down. He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again an iron calm had settled over his nerves. He withdrew is hand and turned back to the sea.

"First year, indeed," he said icily.

Let the children talk about whatever it was they wanted. He did not need their validation anyway, but...still...he found himself unwilling to leave their presence. It had been too long since he last stood in the midst of people who were not cowering under his gaze or fighting for his approval. He listened curiously to their conversation without giving any indication.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 am

Aquila turned to smile at the boy would had walked up, "And why shouldn't I be? That doesn't sound any different than any other year of me life. Most of it is self inflicted but, hey! What can I say, I had some good times inflicting those wounds."

He nodded to the girl who showed up.

"Aquila Turrow," he greeted eveyron in general. He titled his head at the girl, "Well... I think you may be in my year; that could be it... I could also be insane."

He glanced at the other boy. "I don't know if being a first year is so bad. You just got to... spice it up a bit. Make it you're own."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 am

"Aquila..." Taryn murmured to herself. "Yeah, I think you're in my year," she grinned at him. "Although that doesn't nesseccarily mean you aren't insane." She closed her eyes for half a second, remembering Rae's reaction when she had come home last, happy, joking. "Which house are you in? I feel like you're too familiar to just be from classes..."

Taryn looked grudgingly at the other boy. "First year is your time to make yourself known," she agreed. "Make yourself someone. 'Cause it doesn't matter how much you change," Taryn couldn't keep from cringing; she had changed, a million times over. "They'll remember you as the first year."
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 am

Dean appreciated their advice and found himself smiling genuinely for the first time in years.

"Thank you, I'll - I'll keep that in mind."

He waited to hear Aquila's response, curious to see if they had been placed in the same house. He found himself intrigued by the boy's accepting attitude.

Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:51 am

Aquila grinned impishly, leaning more dramatically on the rail, completely ignorant - as always - of any safety hazards he may be incuring, "Good - and if you need any help, spicing things up I'm always up for adding some adventure to any day, week, month or life."

"Uchitel would be my house," he announced with a grin, "And I actually remember the name this time. Last year it would bounce in out and out of my head, it was almost an embarassment. If I cared enough to be embarrassed that is."

"And very true, I was probably born insane, but you can't blame a boy for wanting to pretend otherwise."
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 am

The vampire found himself chuckling lightly at the boy's nonchalant responses. Dean liked this boy.

"Unfortunately, it seems Fate has not deemed us fit to be housemates, but I look forward to creating mischief this year. I have been sorted into Hitrost."

Dean's blue eyes twinkled, the edges of his mouth turned upward.

He faced girl.

"What about you, Taryn?"
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Taryn smiled at both boys. As it turned out, the boy-Dean-was awkward and suspicious of strangers-which was really quite understandable in Taryn's view. "I'm in Uchitel, too," she bobbed her head slightly. "Mischief making is a great goal of many students. Oh, don't worry Aquila. I've gone to this school for three years and I hardly ever remember the name." Taryn grinned a little, shrugging.
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 pm

"Uchitel is lucky this year," Dean said.

He wondered what the students would be like in his house. It had been a long time since he had been to Durmstrang as a student, generations, in fact, and he found himself looking forward to finding out. A struggle with boredom had finally forced him back into the magical world - away from his self-imposed exile - and any diversion would be welcomed.

He let his brilliant blue gaze sweep across the ship. He gave his companions a brilliant smile, muttered a soft farewell and began to explore the familiar vessel. He wondered if there had been any new additions made during his long absence.

Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Quil gave the boy a half wave of parting before glancing back out at the water. He hoped up higher on the edge, enjoying the extra view.

A splash brought his attention closer to the bottom of the ship.

"Hey!" he called out to no one, "What was that!!" He began to lean even more forward, and then with a call of surprise - the obvious (But unthinkable to Quil's mind) happened - he lost his balance and toppled right over the rail, just manageing to grap hold of a ledge in the ship before he ploped completely into the want.

"Wow," he gave a shakely laugh looking down below him. "Umm... would someone mind... I guess now would be a good time to.... Help?!"
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Dean heard the boy's cry for help and ran back to the edge. He leaned over, his vampire strength keeping him from tumbling past the edge. '

"Take my hand, Aquila!" he yelled urgently.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Aquila hissed a bit as his hand half slipped and his had slide across the uneven would jabbing a sliver deep into his had. That, however, with a glance to the water below him, was the least of his problems.

He may have talked big but at this moment, he really would rather not have to take a swim at the moment.

Quil looked up at the sound of the voice and was relieved to see Dean's face appear. He instantly removed one hand from the boat, letting out a shakey laugh as it made him sway unsteadily before he could strech and grab a-hold of the offered hand.

cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:07 am

Dean leaned out further and latched onto the other boy's wrist, steadying him.

"Aquila, hold on! I'm going to pull you up," the vampire cried.

He heaved back, pulling upward with super-human strength. In a moment Aquila was safely back on deck. Dean patted the boy's damp shoulder.

"Not the greatest time for a dip in the pond, Aquila," he laughed nervously.

A rush of anxiety had filled him at the sight of his new friend in trouble and it was not dying off. He felt a slight tremor run through his hands and slipped them into his pockets to hide the effect. Humans were so fragile and it was too easy to forget that.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 am

Quil responded to his rescue with a shakey laugh as he laid on the deck.

"Well that's one way to start a school year."

He took a deep breath and looked to smile at the boy.

"Thanks for the hand," he couldn't help but grin impishly and laugh, "Heh, get it, Hand."

cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 am

Dean smirked. "Your wit astounds me."

Glanced around to make sure no one was looking, he took out his wand and with a quick word spelled his friend's clothes dry. The wand was quickly re-hidden.

"There. That should be more comfortable."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm

"As it should, that was pure genius my friend," he responded to the boys smirk with his own favourite impish smile.

He raised his eyebrow and grinned as his robes became dry, "Look who's got their magic down already. Thanks again - you seem to just be full of saving me today."

Quil moved to get up and winced. He had forgotten about his had.

"So," he held up the hand with the splinter in it, "I don't suppose you've got something handy to do about this now?"
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Dean grimaced in sympathy at the splinter. It looked painful.

"Here, let me see," he said.

Taking a closer look, he saw that a simple spell would work and deftly worked the little piece of magic before re-stashing his wand.

"I really need to stop doing that," he muttered under his breath.

It would be just his luck to get punished for using too much of his magic outside of school. Not that the same rules applied to him, he was not technically underage after all. Still, he liked to appear like a normal student.

"That better?" he asked the other boy.
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Taryn's eyes looked about to pop out of her head and she half-whispered, choking a bit on the words, "Are you okay?" Upon seeing Aquila was, Taryn's heart rate slowed. Death was not something to toy with. She turned to Dean. "That was...good," Taryn said, unable to find the word. "Looks like someone's a hero," she rephrased Quil, swaying slightly.
    cockroach
    cockroach
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by cockroach Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 am

Dean nodded at the girl's comment.

"He would have done the same for me, I'm sure," he muttered a bit bashfully.

It had been a long time since anyone had looked at him with appreciation. He liked it, but felt a bit unnerved at the same time. Shrugging off the discomfort, he gave Aquila a friendly pat on the shoulder and bid them both another goodbye.

He went back to exploring with a few backward glances.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Quil moved his hand and smiled when there was no pain, "Much better - you are very handy to have around."

"I'm fine," he smiled at Taryn, "Nothing I haven't done before - in fact I'm sure I've done worse before."

"Of course I would. I don't want the few people who can tolerate me dead - you're all so very hard to find," he laughed at his joke, and called out a goodbye as Dean left.

Georgie Vane
    Georgie Vane
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Georgie Vane Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Georgie was walking around the ship a tiny bit lost. A tiny bit lost meaning she had no idea where the hell she had ended up. She saw a few people and skipped up to them smiling. "Hello!" she said, in her high pitched girly voice. She was so excited to be on the exchange, even though she did miss England a little bit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 pm