Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

First Years, Lesson One.

Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

First Years, Lesson One. Empty First Years, Lesson One.

Post by Charlotte Minogue Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Transfiguration, Charlotte repeated in her mind. People had told her she'd turn things into other things in this class, but she wasn't exactly sure how. Everything was just so new, but she avoided asking too many questions. Didn't want to be a pain in the ass.

She walked in the classroom and saw no one else had yet arrived. She sighed and set her books down on a desk near the front, flipping some pages to get a look on what she'd learn.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

First Years, Lesson One. Empty Re: First Years, Lesson One.

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Vivian walked into the classroom and was startled to see Charlotte already there.

"Oh hey again," she laughed lightly, sitting in the row behind Charlotte. "How are you always at every class first? Haven't you gotten lost? I know I've pretty much been running all over the place in search of my classes."
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Charlotte turned and closed her book, smiling as she saw Vivian sitting down in the row behind her.

"Of course I have," she replied, laughing, "Which is why I leave the common room so early. You never know when those stairs will decide to move. . ."
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 am

Vivian laughed and nodded in agreement. "Yeah that's true. What even makes those stairs move in the first place?"

Vivian then realized that she was randomly babbling again and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I tend to talk about random stuff. I'm not annoying you am I? I always irritate everyone else when I do this..."
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Charlotte shrugged, "I don't even know. But being muggleborn, I don't know anything about magic, really."

She laughed, "You're not. It's okay, I tend to do that with people as well sometimes."
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:55 pm

"Neither do I really," Vivian chuckled. "Frankly, I was surprised to be put in Ravenclaw."

"Okay good," Vivian sighed in relief.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am

Lynx walked into the classroom and saw there were only to students there he was kind of surprized at this, he then placed his bag and textbooks on his desk then turned to the class

"Alright can I have your attention please, thank you. Firstly im Professor Miller and I want you to know Transfiguration is a very serious and complex branch of magic, not many have the discipline to apply themselves and succeed in this subject, so having said that if any of you fool around in here I will ask you to leave and I can ensure you won't ever be returning to this class" Lynx said in a very serious tone

He then went into his bag and pulled out a box of matches and gave one to each of the girls " So in front of you there is a magic and you will be learning how to transfigure it into a needle" Lynx then pulled out his wand to give a demonstration

"So you must hold your wand out like this and move it in a fluid up and down motion and say Inserere Acus" the match quickly then transfigured into a needle, Lynx then looked back at the class "Ok so I want you to practice the wand movement first because if you get it wrong Merlin only knows what you'll end up with"
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 am

Vivian looked up at the professor when he walked in. Listening intently to him, she was awed by how easily he turned a match into a needle. She wanted to do that! But he was probably right about that discipline thing. She gripped her wand tightly and attempted the motion, moving it slowly up and down.

Glancing at Professor Miller, she asked, "Not to sound silly but why would you want to turn a match into a needle anyways?"
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 am

Charlotte was about to tell Vivian what the girl she'd met at the ice cream parlour - Lena - had told her, that the the hat detects qualities you have never even thought of in yourself, when a man she assumed to be the professor walked in.

He introduced himself as Professor Miller and went on to explain about Transfiguration, while Charlotte looked on with interest.

Up and down motion, she repeated in her head, trying to do it exactly the way the professor had showed. She'd read that on the Transfiguration book and had tried it at home - the motion, not actually saying the spell, she knew better than to try that -, but watching Professor Miller's hand movement made it much easier.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 am

One of the girls asked why they would need to turn a match into a needle "Ah well you see its mainly for inconvience rather like alot of Transfiguration spells, like you could use it as a weapon or a tool to pick a lock or anything really"

After watching them practice the spell Lynx then placed a match on each of their desks " Alrigth class I think its time you actually perform the transfiguration. So remember move your wand in a fluid up and down motion and say the incantation Inserere Acus"

Lynx then folded his arms and watched the students
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Nodding at the professor's explanation, Vivian felt excited about transforming things. Maybe, once she learned more, she could do more advanced spells. Then again, that was the whole point of this class.

Once Professor Miller set a match on her desk she held her wand over it. Vivian took a slow breath first before saying clearly, "Inserere Acus."

Shockingly, the match twitched slightly and then morphed into a shining, bronze needle. Vivian let out a happy laugh. She had done it! Transfiguration wasn't so bad after all!
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 am

Lynx watched as one of the girl attempted the spell, while the transfiguration wasn't as quick as it should have been it still was an incrediable achievement for a first year considering this was their first time actually transfiguring objects

"Well done Miss Hawthorne, a truely beautiful transfiguration just make sure you keep practicing to perfect the skill" Lynx said
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Charlotte watched as Vivian transfigured the match into the needle and smiled.

She looked down at her match and performed the wand motion, saying clearly, "Inserere Acus." Nothing. "Inserere Acus." Nothing again.

The girl let out a frustrated sigh and glared at her match. "Why won't you change into a needle, you stupid thing? Don't you get that I'm saying Inserere Acus?" she muttered, moving her wand as if she was a teacher scolding a student.

What she didn't notice was that she was doing the exact same movement she needed for the spell, and after she muttered the incantation, the match . . . transformed.

"Oh," she stopped and looked at it. It was obviously still a match, but it was a shiny silver colour. Well, that was something, at least.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:38 am

Lynx watched as the other girl tried to transfigure the match, though it only have transfigured causing the match to be silver

"Ah so Miss Minogue, I think where your going wrong is that your not pronouncing your words clear enough, so try it again this time abit more clearly"
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Charlotte nodded as she raised her wand to try again. "Inserere Acus!" she said more clearly, thinking of the pronunciation, and flicking her wand.

A big smile plastered her face when the match turned into a needle. With a bit of red in it, still, but this time it was actually a needle.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 am

Lynx smiled as the girl manged to successfully transfigure the match " Well done Miss Minogue, for your hard work and persistence I will award 10 points to Ravenclaw" Lynx said
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 am

Vivian smiled at Charlotte and congratulated her on the points. It was going to their house so it didn't matter who had gotten it.

Turning expectantly to the professor, she asked, "What's next?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 am