Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

The Fault Is In Our Stars

Samara Connor
    Samara Connor
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

The Fault Is In Our Stars Empty The Fault Is In Our Stars

Post by Samara Connor Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Samara sat in the library. In a quiet abandoned corner where no one ever came to look and defenitly no one ever came looking for her. She sat with a fairly new book that had been already worn from being carried from place to place and from here to there. It'd been warn by the multitude of page turns and was stained with an abundance of tears that had trailed down the face of the young girl who cherrished the book that had nothing to do with magic.

Her brown curls were pulled back twisted into a simple braid that was just now begining to fall out. Her eyes following every word as she read quietly to herself. Her face set in a silent unchanging look even as her lips moved to form each word that came from the pages of the book. Her feet tucked under her as she read aloud.

"There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." She quoted the book aloud in a broken quiet voice reading to no one but herself and the shelves of books that surrounded her a single tear ran down her cheek landing on the page to leave another stain on that book. She became silent taking a deep breath calming herself before she dare continue on the path this book lay out to an ending that she already knew would happen to something she'd known would happen all along.
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

The Fault Is In Our Stars Empty Re: The Fault Is In Our Stars

Post by Hannah Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 am

Charles paced the library trying to figure out how on earth he should do any assignment. He was easily distracted lately. Tshering seemed really mad at everyone and everything, especially him. She would snarl at him and yell at him for no reason. He knew she was just mad over their quarrel. Though he missed her. The Tshering that would laugh at him and peck him on the lips because she was bored.

He walked by a table before he heard someone mutter the words of a book that he heard too many times. It brought him back to another side of his life: Lena. He hadn't talked to her since the incident with the locket. He smiled, mostly to himself. He wondered what she was like now, in Hogwarts.

"Nice book you got there," he said, sitting down next to the person with the book.

(OOC: I love that book. So much.)
    Samara Connor
    Samara Connor
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Samara Connor Tue May 01, 2012 4:52 am

Samara jumped startled by the new presence which she hadn't notticed before, having been to envolved in the book to pay attention to what was going on around her. So used to no one being around that she hadn't even considered the possibitly that someone might stumble upon her tell that moment in time.

Her book toppled out of her hand spilling onto the floor the page that her thumb had been marking for her to begin again was lost in the spill of pages which was seconds later met by a light thud on the floor picking a page at random to land on far from the page she had just finished.

She looked up after a brief moment in which she'd attempted to regain a bit of her sanity and her words before she spoke to the person she thought may possibly be in her year and in one or two of her multitude of classes.

"Yeah," she mumbled "It's a great book" she murmured nervously glancing over at the person now sitting next to her. Debating mentally whether to pick up her book and risk topling out of her chair or just picking it up later when she got up.

(OOC: I love it too!!!! It's become one of my favorite books by far...)
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Hannah Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 am

Charles watched the book fall down on the floor, and he briefly scanned the cover before picking it up. The Fault In Our Stars. That was Lena's favourite too. He once saw her here in the library with a textbook. The textbook happened to hide a copy of that book. A signed one, he could tell. Her fingers were clutching it tightly.

He picked it up and gently put it back on the table. "You're welcome," he replied, a smirk on his face. He couldn't help but smirk. It was a trait he'd gotten from Tshering when she had first met him.

"Where'd you find this?" he asked. "I've been trying to find a copy for ages." That was, of course, all lies, but finding a store that contained that book would be good knowledge for him to know.
    Samara Connor
    Samara Connor
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Samara Connor Wed May 02, 2012 3:21 pm

"Thanks" Samara mumbled softly looking down at her hands in her lap her hair falling to hide her face from view. She silently weaved and unweaved her fingers. Carefully concentrating on them as she did. She closed her eyes silently.

As his question passed her ears she saw a young man with dark hair handing her the book, it seemed so long ago. She frowned deeply her fingers stopping there movements as she tried to force the young man who had given it to her back into the chest where everyone else seemed to be hidden anymore.

"A family friend gave it to me." she murmured softly. "Sorry I wouldn't know where to find one."
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Hannah Thu May 03, 2012 11:11 am

Charles shrugged his shoulders. "That's alright," he said. At least he didn't have to go through a lecture on locations. He was terrible in Geography. He had to repeat the subject, and in his sixth year of primary school had to take Geography IV instead of his usual Geography III.

He then looked at the book the Slushatel girl was holding. He then looked at her. "I must have forgotten to ask for your name," he said. He started to smirk, just a little bit. "Because I have sadly, forgotten what it is. I'm Charles, Charles Prentiss."
    Samara Connor
    Samara Connor
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Samara Connor Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 pm

"Samara, Samara Connor." Samara replied looking up from her hands and over to the hitrost boy who had interrupted her reading. "It's nice to meet you Charles..." she said lightly. Her dark green eyes looked at him silently with slight, silent intrest.

She reached up brushing a strand of hair out of her face. In hopes to keep it out of her face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 pm