Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Nia
Tesla Gordon
6 posters

Lesson 3 (5th year) ~I am titanium

Tesla Gordon
    Tesla Gordon
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson 3 (5th year) ~I am titanium Empty Lesson 3 (5th year) ~I am titanium

Post by Tesla Gordon Mon May 14, 2012 10:20 am

Tesla wasn't sure why she signed up for this subject. She wasn't really that much into dark arts, but just the sole thought of how much power she could have if she practices them, made her whole body tremble. True, the girl wasn't a dark person, but when you think about it, there's probably something dark buried in everyone, including her.

When she realized that she was the first to come to the class, it made her smile. I'm such a overachiever, she concluded, still smiling and feeling a bit proud.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Lesson 3 (5th year) ~I am titanium Empty Re: Lesson 3 (5th year) ~I am titanium

Post by Nia Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 am

Perhaps it wasn't Ksenia's best decision to come to this class. The young witch was already almost drowning in the darkness that surrounded her all the time. But her rationale was that if she had a better understanding of some sort of darkness then it would allow her to have more control over herself. At least that is what the Slushatel told herself as she entered the classroom and chose a seat towards the front of the room.
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

One more class, Charlotte thought to her self with a sigh of relief as she walked into Dark Arts. Suprised once more, she noticed Tesla and quickly made her way over to sit next to her. Nodding politely with a straight face to the other Durmstrang student that was there as well, Charlotte took her seat, leaned back and placed her feet on the table.

"I see we find ourselves in another class again," The Slytherin smirked. "That's good."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu May 17, 2012 6:51 am

Sacha walked briskly into the classroom, impassive grey gaze sweeping over the room. "Ladies," he greeted placidly. The man made his way to the front of the room, before turning to face them.

"The instruction in this class has previously been... lacking," Sacha declared. "Now that I have taken it, however, you may all - save for those who shan't be with us next year - expect a regimented lesson plan. From now on, fifth year is practical defense, which means you all get to perfect the spells you ought to be learning in other classes or that you have been practicing on one another when you think that I or your teachers are unaware of your actions.

"You will want to vacate your desks." With a silent and nearly careless wave of his hand, the desks slid towards the outer walls and neatly stacked themselves out of the way.

"Now, were I to attack one of you, what sort of spell would you use to defend yourself?"
    Dameon Volans
    Dameon Volans
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Dameon Volans Thu May 17, 2012 11:29 am

Dameon rushed into the classroom, clearing his throat. He scanned the room, looking around for familiar faces. His eyes fell on the Highmaster, his eyes unblinking. He only found one and only one - his sister, and he calmly announced, "I am sorry for my tardiness, Highmaster. I promise never to do so again."

He walked slowly, as if his feet never left the ground, and stood around the Highmaster like he had told them to; he knew since he had been listening in the hallway. "I would use Protego," he replied firmly, "or if I have no choice, fight back with an offensive spell."
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Thu May 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Ksenia glanced towards the door once she saw Dameon enter the room. It seemed almost surreal to have him there, right beside her, going to the same school, attending the same classes. "Expelliarmus can be recognised as a defence spell as well, Highmaster. It does not harm your opponent in any way except limiting their attack capabilities," she answered the question, her tone even, almost contemplative.
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm

"The Salvio Hexia Spell seems to be a good one to use for protection," Charlotte added as she stood up from her seat and the desk aligned themselves against the wall. Although that spell seemed to be hardly used for anything, she had seen it in use and always deflected hexes more than anything.
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Lucifer Sicarius
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Lucifer Sicarius Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 am

Luc walked into the classroom, late. He hadn't meant to. "Im sorry im late Professor!" He said before making his was into the classroom to stand with the other students. "If you were to attack me I'd probably go with Protego Totalum. It's a lot stronger than your average protego spell and you're a lot stronger than your average opponant." He wasn't saying that to be a kissass, that definitely wasn't his intention he was just stating what he saw.
    Tesla Gordon
    Tesla Gordon
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tesla Gordon Fri May 18, 2012 8:07 am

She was glad that Charlotte was here again, and she smiled warmly as she offered a seat to her. "Nice to see you here as well."

The professor asked a question, and after she thought a little, and everyone else gave their response, the girl raised her hand. "Well professor, Protego, and Protego Totalum are the best defensive spells, you could use Expelliarmus in a Harry Potter kind of style, but I think that Impedimenta is also a good spell, causing your attacker to slow down before he, or she, even gets the chance of reacting, so that would be the first spell to come on my mind after the ones that other students said"
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 am

"Gentlemen, good of you to make it," Sacha greeted the two latecomers. "I'm afraid you have each lost ten points for your tardiness, however, you have already earned half of those back by providing correct answers to my question. Protego and Protego Totalum are purely defensive spells.

"Interestingly enough, Miss Sokol, though it is often classified as a defensive spell because it causes no damage to its victims, expelliarmus is, in fact, an offensive spell. Why?"

The man inclined his head at the exchange student's response. "Salvio Hexia is an excellent example of a spell which is wholly defensive," he confirmed. "But why do you suppose it has little practical use in a firefight?

"Impedimenta is very useful in any confrontation with another, but it is an offensive spell," said Sacha. "What are some other defensive spells?

"A final question before I have you pair off for some practice. What is the determining factor which qualifies a spell as either offensive or defensive?"
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 am

"Because the objective of that spell is to weaken the opponent like all of the other offensive spells are aiming to do. Taking away what most people see as the most valuable or only weapon is quite damaging. The question here would be how you define what defensive spells actually are. Most of them would be shields that you use during the battle or some even that you put on yourself before the duel if your circumstances permit you that. An invisibility charm can be classified as a defensive spell. If you are in a battle you can even use simple charms for defensive purposes. You can never plan for a battle completely so I wouldn't think there would be good reason to place spells into overly specific categories when learning about them" Ksenia said, her tone even and rather musing as she answered the Highmaster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:50 am