Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Dark Arts, Lesson 3, 3rd year

Mystical Dream
    Mystical Dream
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Dark Arts, Lesson 3, 3rd year Empty Dark Arts, Lesson 3, 3rd year

Post by Mystical Dream Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm

This was the one class that Mystic hated with a passion but it was required by her parents that she take it. This was the one thing she had to do so she could go to school, she knew many things about the dark arts and a lot of those things she did not really want to know about.

She took a seat in the classroom waiting for it to start, the sooner it started the sooner it would end.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Dark Arts, Lesson 3, 3rd year Empty Re: Dark Arts, Lesson 3, 3rd year

Post by Faye Beneparte Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Faye wasn't sure why she was entiring this class. It wasn't exactly... "Her cup of tea" but maybe...

SHe didn't know exactly what she thought she might learn from it but... she had to learn something right? That was what one did in classes was it not?

She was too lost in her own thoughts, and what it might mean that she deamed to take this class that she practically ignored the only other person in the room.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu May 17, 2012 7:10 am

Sacha made his way into his classroom. "Ladies," he greeted placidly as he made his way to his desk. Turning, he leaned against its front so that he was facing the rest of the room.

"Dark magic items. How do they differ from cursed objects and what are some examples?"
    Hannah
    Hannah
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Hannah Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 am

Bouncing, Charles entered the classroom with more hope than he had in a while. It was because he heard about how well his sister was coping, and his mother might be recovering soon. He couldn't think about it in class, though.

"I'm sorry for my lateness, sir," Charles said, nodding at the Highmaster.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Fri May 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Faye put up her hand slowly, "Well... I'm not sure I entirely know the difference, but I do know that some examples would be Horcurxes."

She bit her lip.

"I suppose, maybe the difference - and I am just guessing - might be somthing like... I suppose a dark intent or... use of dark magic, instead of just a curse? Or... is a curse always dark magic anyways." Faye frowned unsure now what she was saying, and her face light up with a flush in response.
    Mystical Dream
    Mystical Dream
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Mystical Dream Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Mystical listened to the Highmaster's question and she really was not sure of the difference. She always thought they were kind of the same.

"I guess I never really thought there was a difference in the two. I mean most people use dark magic to curse objects."

Mystic was really confused now.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Wed May 23, 2012 5:05 am

"Good of you to join us, Mr. Prentiss," Sacha addressed the boy. "However, I fear I may injure your high spirits by taking ten point for your tardiness. Do be seated."

The man settled his gaze on each of the students who ventured an answer. "That is both correct and incorrect, Miss Hansoff, as Horcruxes actually fall into both categories. We shall be discussing them in a later lesson," he said.

"Now, both of you ladies have brought up a valid point - a curse is dark magic. Furthermore, a cursed object is, on occasion, a dark magic item, as well. However, the vital difference between the two is this: a cursed object can be uncursed and still exist, whereas a dark magic item cannot.

"Oftentimes, dark magic items are forged of such magic. Even if they are originally composed of physical object, such as in the making of a Hand of Glory, the process of removing the magic from them unmakes the object. You cannot make bespell it again. Some dark magic items are constructed entirely of magic," Sacha lectured.

"With a cursed object, say a necklace, one can remove the magic making it cursed and it becomes an ordinary object. However, that same necklace can be made to be cursed, once more. In fact, it would be easier to do so. Who can guess why that is?" the man asked. "And while we are on the subject and we missed it before, how can an object become cursed?"

Mystical Dream
    Mystical Dream
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Mystical Dream Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am

Mystic sighed a little and wished other people in class would talk, but she did know somethings even though she didn't like being a know-it-all.

"Sir, you can curse and uncurse many things. It is like placing a curse on a person, they be be cursed and uncursed too."

Mystic was not sure how right she was but she thought she would try. She may not ave like it when she started, but she was really enjoying the class with the Highmaster.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 pm

"This is true," Sacha conceded. "Many things, inanimate and living are capable of being cursed, but what is the means by which this happens? Is there only way to curse something? Is there only one type of curse?" The man raised a questioning brow, gaze sweeping over each of the students as he awaited their answer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:51 am