Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Mind Arts, Lesson 4, Firsties

Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Location : Watching from the bushes. Be warned. I'm after you.

Mind Arts, Lesson 4, Firsties Empty Mind Arts, Lesson 4, Firsties

Post by Amélie Blanchard Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Mel walked happily into what she was coming to think of as her private lessons, seeing asno other first years ever showed up. She sat coss legged on a mat and imediately sank into her meditation, noting and remembering each individual scent, touch, sound, and taste she perceived. She smiled a little. It was good to be back.
    Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    Second Year
    Second Year

Mind Arts, Lesson 4, Firsties Empty Re: Mind Arts, Lesson 4, Firsties

Post by Laurent Dubois Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 am

Laurent gingerly walked into the classroom, he wasn't quite sure what to expect fromt his class but figured it was worth sussing out, as he looked around the empty classroom he saw Mel, he quickly rushed over to her and sat down next to her

"Hey Melly, fancy seeing you here" he said with a beaming smile
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:14 am

Mel opened her eyes slowly, coming out of meditation. She grinned at Laurent. "Nobody's ever called me Melly before. Does that mean I get to call you Laurie?" She shifted position. Sitting still for so long made her stiff. "So, where've you been? I've been all alone in this class. The Professor's pretty awesome though."
    Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Laurent Dubois Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 am

Laurent let out a laugh at Mel's nickname for him "But Melly sounds cooler then Laurie though" Laurent then glanced around the classroom, it seemed a little bit smaller than the other rooms

"Aw I've been here, there and everywhere but I thought I would take this class it seems pretty cool, though I guess what put me off it in the first place was that it seemed like it would be really difficult, is it?" he asked
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Mel grinned back at Laurent. "Yeah, it does. You can call me Melly if you want, it'll be your own personal kickname for me." She noticed him glancing around the room. "Yeah, it's pretty different, isn't it?"

Mel cocked her head, thinking. "Well, it is a little. We meditate and try to feel everything in the room an once, the sounds and smells and feelings and temperature and everything. And then we do it again with distractions." She smiled. "It's really interesting."
    Amora Kirke
    Amora Kirke
    Beauxbatons Professor
    Beauxbatons Professor

Post by Amora Kirke Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Mora slammed her way into her classroom, her feet barely touching the ground as she walked past her first years. She was positively pulling her hair out over Aurmerle. What was she to do? And she had to be here for classes. She needed all these jobs. All of them. Even the one keeping her mate prisoner.

She paused as her eyes went back to the first years, and she raised an eyebrow at Amelie. "You aren't meditating." She stated simply, sinking into her bean bag chair. "But, this once, I will give you an exception. You have shown much promise after all." She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair. "How about this. If you can tell our new arrival-" She gestured to the boy. "...all about what we've learned so far, I will give you both a free period." She nodded. "I even have snacks in my office, if you answer correctly."
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Mel looked at the Professor warily. She wasn't usually like this. "Alright Madame," she answered warily. Turning to Laurent, she explained, "As I've said, we're working on being able to concentrate on everything at once, even when one thing is overwhelming. For exqample, you must notice that I smell like apples, whereas your scent is more musky and also registering that everyone is breathing and you can hear the wind outside and feel a draft from the window and that some one way off in the distance just shouted. All at the same time. For me, it helps to close my eyes and do meditation breathing, but we're working towards doing it at any time, anywhere."
    Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Laurent Dubois Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 am

Laurent was begining to already like this Professor she definately seemed so relaxed and easy going, he listned to Mel as she gave him a run down the subject

"Ah I see, so why is it important to be aware of everything?" Laurent asked curiously
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Mel thought. "I guess it just helps you know how everything affects everything else. It would also make you more aware of an attack, or when someone was sneaking up on you. You could sense a spell coming. Or a person."
    Amora Kirke
    Amora Kirke
    Beauxbatons Professor
    Beauxbatons Professor

Post by Amora Kirke Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Mora, for the first time in a long while, smiled. "Very good, Amelie." She said, pride shining in her eyes. "You may both have the period. Is there any particular kind of snack you would like?" She eyed her office door and shrugged. "I have a bit of everything..." She rose to her feet, her forever-eighteen year old looking body almost aging before their eyes. "I'll be in my office if you need me."

Then she'd disappeared inside, and closing the door after bringing out the snacks they had wanted.
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Mel stared at their teacher's closed door. "Well that was weird," she muttered. "She's not usually this tired or agitated. I wonder what's wrong." She bit into a Cauldron Cake absent mindedly, then shrugged. Oh well.
    Turning to Laurent, she asked, "Did you want to try meditating now or just talk?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:18 pm