Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

fight or fly?

Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

fight or fly? Empty fight or fly?

Post by Savannah Lerran Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 am

Drumming her fingers against her broom, she stared up at the goal posts, chewing her bottom lip. She hadn't flown outside of Flying class since Ross had died. Was she scared?

Her gaze turning to fall on the tree in the distance, she bit down harder, only stopping at the coppery taste of her own blood. Using her free hand to wipe at her bottom lip, she stared down at her bloody hand for a moment, frowning.

Snapping her gaze away from her hand, she stared back up, a warm wind tugging her brown hair away from her face.

Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

fight or fly? Empty Re: fight or fly?

Post by Charlotte Minogue Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

As Charlotte watched from the stand a girl flying, she wondered what had made her quit flying classes the previous year. The girl made it seem so easy and safe, though she couldn't tell who it was from the distance. She stood up and made her way towards the pitch, stopping when she was near the middle.

She had never gotten a chance to actually fly- she had quit before she could do so. At first, the thought of flying seemed magical. It was every Muggle kid's dream, to be able to fly. Like a superhero. But after a few classes, she noticed there was a lot more to it. There was the whole technique... it was really high... it was a broom. The broom could break, she could fall, she could die - a lot of things could happen. And the many possibilities of getting hurt had ended up scaring Charlotte and she had chosen to quit. Safer down here, she had thought.

But watching the girl, curiosity got the best of her. Before she could change her mind, she picked up a school broom that was thrown on the ground, forgotten by someone and got on it. Live a little, Charlie, her brother's voice echoed in her mind, you're in a magical world, enjoy it. She kicked the ground and took off, flying after the girl. But she had never tried it before. She quickly lost balance and her broom started switching directions quickly. Before she knew it, she was plummeting to the ground.
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 am

Shifting her weight from foot to foot, Savannah resumed her almost obsessive watch of the flying girl, her blue eyes shifting from to side as she watched. She would try. She would get back on her broom and fly, Whomping Willow be damned.

Because no bloody tree was going to make a mockery of Savannah Julie Lerran. Her gaze steely, she mounted the broom in her hands, but froze before taking off. Something - someone, really - had caught her attention.

Another girl was airborne. And from the looks of it, she had no idea what she was doing. Savannah's heart stopping as the girl slid off her broom, she was suddenly in the air, flying as fast as her broom would allow her.

She wasn't going to fail her.

She wasn't going to go through that again.

Gritting her teeth as she flew closer and closer to the girl, she ignored the yells that told her to keep going. She was already bloody doing that. Grabbing the girl, Savannah pulled her onto her broom before making her way back to the ground.

Only when they were on the relative safety of the grass did she turn towards the girl, eyes wide. "Are you alright? How are you feeling? You really shouldn't have done that."
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Charlotte was dazed for a moment, until finally realizing what was happening. She was plummeting to the ground. Panicking, she tried to pull the broom up, only managing that for one second before losing control of it again.

Too caught up in what was happening, the ground only a few feet below her, she didn't notice another person until her broom had hit the ground. It was only then she realized she was still flying - in another broom. When the new broom hit the grass safely, Charlotte collapsed on the floor. Adrenaline had kept her trying to figure out a way to not crash, but now that she was safe, the only thing she felt like was crying.

She took a deep breath and looked up at the person who had saved her. Nodding, she gulped and tried to keep the tears from falling - she didn't want to seem childish. "I-I'm f-fi-ine," she told with a shaky voice, "T-Thank yo-ou."
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Watching the younger girl, Savannah's gaze softened, moving to sit down beside her. She knew how the girl was feeling. Or at least, she'd been through something similar. It had ended much worse though, and she was glad that she'd managed on preventing something similar.

"You're welcome," she said simply, glancing back up for a few minutes, giving the girl a chance to compose herself. Looking back at the darker haired student, the Gryffindor asked, "What happened up there?"
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Charlotte shook her head and shrugged. What had happened up there? "I don't- I'm not sure. I was watching the other girl fly," she explained, looking at the older girl who was just getting off her broom at the other end of the pitch, apparently unaware of what had happened, "and... I guess I thought I could do it. I only took Flying class during half of my first year, and I quit before we actually had a chance to fly, 'cause I was scared. But the girl, sh-she made it seem so easy."

"And I had read about it," she continued, "I guess I-I thought I could at least keep myself in the air for a while, just to know what it feels like... every kid wants to know how to fly. But it-it was so stupid, I shouldn't have. Thank you so much, again."
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:04 am

Listening to the girl, Savannah nodded along to her words, watching the girl carefully. Rubbing at her head, the Gryffindor frowned slightly. Honey's words made sense and all, but she really didn't want to.

"Again, you're welcome. But I wouldn't just let someone fall to their doom. I'm not that kind of girl, but at least you learnt your lesson, right? If you want to fly, you'll go back to flying class. Heck, even if you never want to see another broom again in your life, you'll take that class." Her blue eyes darkening, she raised an eyebrow.

C'mon, Savannah. You have to do this.

"No I don't," she snapped, scowling for a moment before she looked back at the second year. "Well kid, I wish you good luck. And for the love of Merlin, make sure you know how to fly before you try it. Because I'm not your guardian angel, I won't be around to save your arse all the time."

Giving the girl one last look, Savannah picked up her broom, staring at it for a moment as Honey yelled at her in her head. She just wanted her to shut up. But that was going to happen, was it? Scowling, she pulled herself onto the broom, flying over to the broom the younger girl had been on. Picking it up, she flew back to the girl, unceremoniously tossing the broom at her.

"I'm going to teach you how to fly."
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:19 am

Charlotte nodded slowly, "I've learned my lesson, no more flying. Not for me." Frowning slightly as she snapped at someone, though there was no one else there, the Ravenclaw watched the girl fly away. She was right. She wasn't her guardian angel, she wouldn't be there to protect her. What Charlotte had done was very stupid. What was I even thinking? she asked herself as she shook her head and closed her eyes. She could've died. Never again, never ever.

Her eyes flew open when she heard the older girl's voice and looked at the broom that had been tossed to her and fallen on the grass. "I- Why?" she asked and quickly shook her head, "I mean, not that I don't appreciate it. I do, really. Thank you. But I just... I don't understand."
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

"Like I said," Savannah shrugged, suddenly feeling much older than she was, "I'm not your guardian angel. I won't always be around to help. But I can help now, can't I?" The real reason she was doing this wasn't going to be told to some little girl.

Not a chance in all the world.

"Besides, I've been flying for practically ever. It's what I do. There's really no one better here." Whether she meant the entire school or just right now at this moment, it wasn't clear. And to her, if didn't really matter. All that she cared about was that Honey wasn't nagging anymore.

"Understand now?"
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Charlotte looked at her and nodded, telling her she understood. "I just- I mean, you don't have to do this, you know. . ." she told her, a bit uneasy. She wanted to know how to fly, she did. But, at the same time, she was even more scared now. Now that she had nearly crashed into the ground, that she nearly broke something, that she nearly died. She could've, if it wasn't for . . . for. . . "What's your name?"
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 am

"I know," Savannah said curtly, rubbing at her head again. "But you know, morals and a concienence and whatnot, they won't leave me alone." Shrugging, she gave Honey a mental slap (could you hit a voice?) and smiled at the girl, "What can you really do?"

Well, she could've just ignored Honey, but she'd never hear the end of it.

"Savannah Lerran. Third year Gryffindor. You?"
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Charlotte let out a soft laugh and introduced herself, "Charlotte Minogue, second year Ravenclaw. It's nice to meet you."

"Just... wondering," she started, a hint of fear in her voice, "Is it- is it hard? Learning how to fly?"
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Charlotte? How many Charlottes were there at this school? Frowning slightly, she shrugged it off. It was just a common name. And eerily common name. "It's nice to meet you too." Savannah said, nodding.

Glancing up at the sky, the Gryffindor watched the clouds for a moment before shaking her head, looking back at the Ravenclaw. "No. At least, I didn't find it hard."

Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Charlotte nodded, "Right." Okay, if Savannah didn't find it hard, how hard could it really be? It was just flying. She didn't want to be a professional Quidditch player or anything, just how to hold her on own a broom.

"Alright, so. . . " she trailed off, not knowing if they were starting now or another day.
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Giving the girl a careful look, Savannah rubbed her wrists, thinking hard. They could easily start today. It was beautiful, the sun was shining, there was no reason not to. No reason other than the fact that Charlotte had almost gotten killed just moments before by a broom.

Tilting her head back, she let out a little sigh. Good. At least she had someone on board with her idea. Glancing back over at the younger girl, Savannah spoke softly, oddly compassionate. "Listen, Charlotte, you almost got killed today by a broom, so I really don't think you'll be so eager to hop on today. What about we meet here after classes end next week? That's tons of time to mentally prepare yourself."
    Charlotte Minogue
    Charlotte Minogue
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Charlotte Minogue Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Charlotte sighed relieved when Savannah suggested they start some other day, it would give her some time to prepare herself. "Awesome," she replied with a smile, "Thank you, for, you know, understanding and all that. After classes end, that would be perfect."

She was surprised at her own tone - cheerful, almost happy, wanting to fly. Just moments before, she had been scared of even thinking about flying ever again but now. . . Well, she was still scared, that was obvious. But the Gryffindor seemed to have good intentions, and Charlotte, maybe because she'd saved her, was beginning to trust her. She hadn't let her die once, she would help her if she ever came close to almost-dying during classes on a broom again. Probably. It had been a childhood dream, then a small nightmare. Now, she thought maybe facing her fears would make her stronger. She would try.

"I, uh, I guess I'll see you later, then."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:53 am