Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years)

Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years) Empty Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years)

Post by Thor Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Alena walked down the Dungeon corridor and found the classroom finally. She loved the darkness of the dungeons. She entered the classroom and sat down, noticing she was the only one there. She sighed and sat down on one of the benches in the middle of the room, placing her potions things on the table.

She opened her book and read a couple of pages, waiting for people and the Professor to turn up.
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years) Empty Re: Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years)

Post by Ariella Day Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 pm

The young first year pulled her robes closer to body as she supressed shiver. The dungeons where a bit colder then Ari had been expecting... She wrinkled her noise as she caught the sent of the damp air lingering in the dim light corridors.

When she had entered the Potions classroom she recognized a Ravenclaw student from some of her other classes reading at one of the tables. Ariella made her way down one of the aisles and sat next to her.

"Hi," Ari said speaking up, trying to catch the attention of the blonde, "Your Alena, right?"
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years) Empty Re: Let those Cauldrons Bubble (Little first years)

Post by Thor Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Alena looked up and smiled at he girl who had entered the classroom. The girl she remembered had classes with her. She waved and watched the girl sit next to her. "Hey Ariella, Yeah the name is Alena. How are you anyway? How you liking classes so far?" Alena asked Ariella with a smile. Closing her book on the table.

"A tad cold down here, isn't it? Thank God I don't live in the Dungeons." She said with a bit of a laugh in her voice.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 am

Nessie skipped-- which was more of a trot-- into the classroom.

She noticed two girls, a ginger and a blonde, and awkwardly walked to a seat near the corner, where she silently sat down like no one else was there.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 am

Alena noticed the Slytherin girl who she had other classes with came in and sat down in the corner. She shook her head and turned around to face the first year Slytherin. "It's Vanessa right? Come and join us." Alena said as she patted the left seat next to her. She smiled warmly at the girl.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Nessie looked up once more, being invited to sit by the Ravenclaw and the Gryffindor.

With a slight smile, she walked over and sat down.

"Yeah, you must be Alena, right?"
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Ariella smiled at the Slytherin as she can to join them. Sneezing into her arm as she was hit with a burst of cold air.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

"Yes, It's Alena, or Sal or Lena or Alie, choose your pick." She said with a laugh. "Bless you!" She said to Ari as she heard the girl sneez. She looked at both of them and smirked. "I have to warn you both, If I dissapeare into thin air, I will leave a massize poof of glitter everywhere, and it will both be covered init." Alena said in a amused voice. Rolling her eye's at her self.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Nessie slightly chuckled, which was more of a dark little giggle.

"Where's the Professor anyways?" She listened for any sound, any movement in the halls.

"It's like Dead Air-space out there."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Ari smilled brightly

"I'd rather not be covered in sparkles thank you very much!"

Looking around, Ariella noticed that the three of them were the only ones in the classroom still and shrugged her shoulders at Venessa's question.

"Who know's, you'd think they would be here on time."
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:08 pm

"It's been like this for every class actually, I think the Potions Master and Healer got attacked and is currently dieing in St. Mungoes. There was something about it in the Daily Prophet." Alena said with a shrug.

"Hey Glitter is fun. Don't diss glitter." Alena said with a mock glear at Ari. She chuckled a little dark laugh, but beamed a smile afterwards.

"I can always teach. I was taught to brew healing potions." Alena said in her Professor Voice.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Nessie smirked, "A first year teaching potions?" she asked, with a tinge of ice in her voice.

She quickly snapped a smile onto her face, "I think we'd be better off waiting."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 am

Ariella ducked her head and giggled a little at what Nessie had said before looking back up at Alena smiling.

"Do you really know how to brew a healing potion?" Ari asked narrowing her eyes playfully, "Or are you just joking?"
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 am

//OOC: Caution, I'm about to go all Lord Of The rings on you guys. xD//

Nessie flipped her hair, black bangs sliding from her view.

She raised an eyebrow with a mocking smirk, "One does not simply Brew a Healing Potion." she said, giggles waiting to be released.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Alena lifted her noes in the air, her head held high. "One does know how to brew a couple of healing potions. It's in my blood to do well in potions, my mother was a Master in the trade, best at one time actually." Alena said as she stuck her tongue out at both of them. She let out a laugh afterwards.
    Livius Grimstone
    Livius Grimstone
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Livius Grimstone Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:55 am

"Well Miss Salvin, I'm sure that your abilities to brew a healing potion are extraordinary, we'll save that for another time, shall we?" Livius chuckled out and shook his head as he walked further into the classroom, stepping atop the box as he had usually done. "And remember, someone in your family being good at something, won't necessarily mean you will be. Show me the skill, and I'll believe it."

Sitting back on the desk, he crossed one leg over the other and blinked a few times, raising a brow. "Now, I am Professor Grimstone. Not dude, man, or hey you. I hope we're clear on that. Be respectful and we'll have a fine time in the classroom with one another. Now, don't be nervous about the class, it's not as difficult or boring as some say it might be. We'll start of easy, with the Boil Begone potion, or Boil Cure if you will. It should be fairly easy to figure out what this is, but let's see which of you have common sense. Who knows?
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Alena looked at the professor and sneered. He didn't know anything about her abilities in potions. She was taught by a potions mistress at her care home. "Well i better show one my skill then, Professor Grimstone." She said as she closed her book, looking at the Professor straight in the eye. She raised a eyebrow at the Professor.

Not this potions again. Alena groaned quietly. She raised her hand and answered his question. "The Cure for Boils is a potion which cures boils. When brewing the potion, the cauldron must be taken off the fire before adding the porcupine quills because the cauldron will melt and create a horrid odour, and if it spills will cause the skin to erupt in vicious boils." Alena said as her answer, smirking at the Professor.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:51 pm

The boil cure? Nessie thought, and traced her memory back to her dad's warm-ups to get her ready.

She remembered the brewing instructions like the back of her hand, and wrote them down quickly in her notebook.

Brewing Instructions

1.Add 6 snake fangs to the mortar.
    2.Crush into a fine powder using the pestle.
    3.Add 4 measures of the crushed fangs to your cauldron.
    4.Heat the mixture to 250 for 10 seconds.
    5.Wave your wand.
    6.Leave to brew and return in 45 minutes.
    7.Add 4 horned slugs to your cauldron.
    8.Take the cauldron off the fire before adding the next ingredient.[1]
    9.Add 2 porcupine quills to your cauldron.
    10.Stir 5 times, clockwise.
    11.Wave your wand to complete the potion.

I think that's it... The thought, smirking as she looked up.
    Livius Grimstone
    Livius Grimstone
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Livius Grimstone Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 pm

When the Ravenclaw haired girl answered, his brow raised and he returned her smirk with a smile. "Very well done, you're absolutely correct, Miss Salvin, ten points to Ravenclaw. Of course, I didn't ask you the ingredients or what to do with it yet, so try not to be such a know-it-all. However, I do admire your initiative in answering the question to the fullest."

Clearing his throat, Livius slipped his wand from his pocket and waved it over his desk, causing a cauldron to appear. "Now, I know this is your first time here, so I won't expect you to get it perfect the first time." He jumped off of the box and made his way over to the students, stopping between all of the desks and pursing his lips lightly. The two girls he was beside were smirking, and he shook his head, peeking over at the notebook the Slytherin had just written on. "Very good, it seems that you've already been taught a bit about potions. But knowing them and brewing them are two very different things."

Turning on his heels, the small man walked back to the front and to his desk. "Well then, let's get your tools out and ready on the table, and we'll begin with our first brew." Waving his wand toward the small cabinet, it flew open and out danced the ingredients they would be needing. Snake fangs, Horned Slugs and Porcupine quills found their way to each students desk. However, he also sent Flobberworm mucus, as well as Knotgrass to the tables, to see if they would think to use them, or notice they were a distraction.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:25 pm

"Why thank you Professor I wasn't put in Ravenclaw fpr nothing." Alena muttered, not happy that he said that to her. She scowled and looked at the ingredients in front of her. She tuttered and noticed straight away the things she didn't need, she wasn't that dimwitted. She got hold of the knotgrass and Flobberworm mucus, and put them on tha table behind. She added water into her cauldron and placed it on the stand.

She got hold of her mortar and placed six snake fangs and crushed them into a fine powder as she looked at the book infront of her. She didn't nned the book, she just quickly glanced at it as she measured four measures of the crushed fangs on her scals. She added the measures to the cauldron
    and waved her wand to to turn the heat up to 250 degree's. She counted down ten seconds and turned the heat of immediatly and started to wait fourty five minutes. She sorted out 4 horned slugs and 2 porcupine quills in order. She checked the potions book, nodding to herself as she knew what to do.
    Livius Grimstone
    Livius Grimstone
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Livius Grimstone Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 pm

The ravenclaw girl seemed to be very proficient at brewing the potion for that lesson, almost needing no help. The others, well they were exceptional in their own way and it was all in all a fairly good class. "I'm sure you've all had loads of fun with this, but now it's time for the break it seems. Now, your next lesson might be a little more difficult than this, but very helpful none the less. I won't spoil the surprise, so you'll just have to come back and see after the break." With that, the class was over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:53 pm