Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years

Liam VanDuke
    Liam VanDuke
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years Empty Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years

Post by Liam VanDuke Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:45 am

Liam walked in quietly and took a seat. This was a relaxing class and yet he just couldn't relax. His mind kept going back to the night he was bitten, over everything that went wrong. How his best friend had died trying to save him from the werewolf. Liam blinked a few times. Now was not the place to think of that.

He tried to clear his mind but his mood had turn sour so he just sat there, not really thinking of anything and waited for the class to end.
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years Empty Re: Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 am

Ethon stood at the back of the room where he had silently appeared a moment before. His gaze was fixed upon the back of the werewolf's head. Ethon had no love for werewolves - not in the least. Fortunately, it was not the vampire's* job to be fond of all his students. It was his job to teach. How effective that might prove was on the wolf.

"Letting your thoughts wander aimlessly is not meditating," Ethon intoned, moving to the front of the room. "Furthermore, if it is your habit to give up on something when it proves difficult, this is not a class in which you will excel, Mr. VanDuke."

He leaned against the front of his desk, gazing placidly at the sixth year. "I have not seen you in previous classes. Tell me what you already know of the mental arts so I can determine what you still need to learn."

(*NOTE: Ethon is one of the original vampires; as such, he registers as completely human to all the senses - he even has a heartbeat. It has been widely rumored throughout the school that he is a vampire, however.)
    Liam VanDuke
    Liam VanDuke
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years Empty Re: Mental Magics Lesson Two | Sixth Years

Post by Liam VanDuke Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Liam narrowed his eyes slightly, there was something off about the guy. The fact that he appeared out of nowhere and the ex-hunter did not notice didn't sit well with him. "I can do Occlumency" A requirement to become a hunter. He added in his head.

"Not very good with Legimency" Liam knew about the importance of mastering Legimency but didn't like the idea of having his mind invaded so he avoided doing it to others. He had always been a private person and now he was even more adamant about it.
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 am

"Good," Ethon replied. "And acceptable. The focus of your final two years of this course is Legilimency.

"Do set aside your uneasiness. I assure you that I have not even the slightest interest in your thoughts, private or otherwise. My only incentive is to teach you those mental magics in which you are current lacking."

The man stepped away from his desk, closer to the boy. "Now, let us test these Occlumency shields of yours," Ethon drawled. "Think about sugar quills and dustbunnies for all I care, just don't let me see what it is.

"Legilimens."
    Liam VanDuke
    Liam VanDuke
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Liam VanDuke Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Liam ignored the uneasiness he felt when approached by the teacher. His instincts telling him to move away but he stood his ground. Why would a professor attack him, even if said man was dangerous, so was Liam.

He cleared his mind and focused on one thought before putting up his mental shields. He wondered if the professor would be able to break through them. curiosity getting the best of him, he looked the man in the eye for the first mind and focused on his shields.

Liam was surprised by the force of the man's power and almost stumbled back. He concentrated even harder in keeping his shields out. This was turning out to be a challenge, something he haven't had in quite a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:22 pm