Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years

Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years Empty Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 am

This lesson shall be conducted interactively. Please post your arrival.
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years Empty Re: Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years

Post by gigi Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Paloma strolled in the classroom rubbing her eyes after a night spent awake, finishing her assignments due for that day. She knew she shouldn't have left them to be done on the day before, but on the day they were given she simply hadn't had the time and, then, she ended up forgetting.

But it was time for Mental Magics, and she tried desperately stay awake and pay attention. Who knew what the professor could do inside her mind?
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years Empty Re: Mental Magics Lesson Two | Fifth Years

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Tessa walked into the classroom. She had hoped that Lena would be there, but she wasn't. That is when she took a sit and pulled out her book. She was wondering what they was going to be learning today.

Looking around she noticed that she wasn't the only one here. And was glad that she wouldn't be late.
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Ethon Pyrrhos
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Ethon Pyrrhos Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 am

"And what," queried Ethon, strolling to the front of the room from the door (which he hadn't opened to enter), "have you both failed to do whilst waiting for my arrival? A very simple instruction, really. Miss Grey? I know that you were here during previous lesson time. What do I require my students to be doing while waiting for my arrival?" He raised an eyebrow expectantly.

The man let out a long-suffering sigh. "Miss Poots, I would be far more concerned with my irritation should you sleep in my class than whatever fanciful idea you happen to have playing in your mind. You cannot focus if you are overtired. Next time you have difficulty keeping your eyes open for class, do not bother to attend.

"What do you know about mental barriers?" Ethon asked, facing his two students with an expression that could have been anywhere between bored and profoundly unamused. "Either of you. Speak."
    gigi
    gigi
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by gigi Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 am

Paloma's head shot up at the sound of her name and she nodded, blinking fast to keep awake while she stifled a yawn. "Yes, sir, I'm sorry," she apologized, "Won't happen again."

"They block a person from getting into your mind, or a part of it you do not wish for that person to see," she answered. It was a simple term - if he'd asked her if she knew what they were, she'd, obviously, say yes. But defining mental barriers was another thing, asking what they knew about them was even worse. Too vague. And so she finished off, lamely, "They help protect your mind from Legilimens."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:53 pm

The Uchitel arrived late to class, and instead of the flustered attitude she would usually perform at such a mistake she seemed to glide elegantly across the floor, chin held high though not arrogantly. "I'm sorry for my tardiness, Professor," uttered she professionally. "I assure you, as long as it is in my control it will not happen again."

From the words Paloma had spoken, Lena guessed that mental barriers were the subject of discussion. The things she knew about them were not to be said in class; not only would no one believe her, they were closely-guarded secrets. "Mental barriers can depend wholly on concentration, determination, and practice," added the blonde tonelessly, settling down to a seat next to Tessa, "it also depends on the willpower of the practicing; if he is willing and if he has practiced, he should be able to block a Legilimens from entering his mind for some time."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:57 am