Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

made to seem like a chance

William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

made to seem like a chance  Empty made to seem like a chance

Post by William Engels Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Without the shouting and laughing students around, Will had to admit it was a little too quiet for his taste. He had never really liked the silence, especially in such big places, but he figured he might as well try to enjoy it before the break is over and they return.

Dressed in a pair of jeans and a button down shirt, the man stepped out of his cabin, feeling bored and racking his mind for something to do to kill the time. He had tended to the few magical beasts that were injured a while back, and made sure they were resting. Will would have gone to the Forbidden Forest, but he was not really keen on running into any of the centaurs.

After a few minutes of walking around the garden, he spotted a familiar figure not too far away. He knew he could never mistake her for anyone else; though it seemed almost too good to be true that she'd be here at this moment, especially since he had done all his 'research' on her.

Will allowed a small smile to fall across his lips as he continued to watch Juliet Jessica Jones.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

made to seem like a chance  Empty Re: made to seem like a chance

Post by JJeh Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Juliet, restless at being back at school, had decided to take the pent up feeling out for a walk amongst the grounds; surely she couldn't continue to feel cooped up and trapped if she was running wild and free.

Or well, as free as one could be within the school boundaries. That seemed to be her problem right now; she didn't want to be trapped in the school. Juliet wanted to be back out there, back where -

She wasn't aware that she was being watched, she wasn't even aware that there was anyone else there, as she fell gracelessly from the high rock she was standing on - her ankle bending painfully over on itself the cause of the tumble - and banging her head rather hard on a second rock on the way down. The pain from the second blow was brief before her vision swirled and then disappeared all together, leaving her further unaware of the world and people around her.
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Without really thinking, Will quickly rushed over to the girl, hoping she wasn't severely hurt. No, she was much too important to him to be injured. Cursing under his breath at her unconscious state, he picked her up and carried her back to his cabin.

If people did not know any better, the action would have seemed a little sinister. However, that was not his intention for the time being. At this point, all he wanted to heal her. He found it quite easy to carry her and made it back to his cabin in few minutes. He laid the Hufflepuff down in one of couches and locked his door, in case any unwanted visitors stopped by.

Will got a cut piece of cloth and wrapped it around Juliet's head, in an attempt to stop the bleeding. As he held the cloth tightly, the man stroked her hair softly, as though that would wake her up.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

It wasn't the stroking that woke her up. No her brain did that on its own, however it was the first thing that she noticed upon her return to unconscious. Groaning, she swatted at the hand, her eyes too heavy to open, and her brain so foggy it made an incorrect assumption but acted on it accordingly.

"Don't 'orry, Zander," she mumbled, swatting at the hand again assuming that the hand would belong to the boy she had spent most of her break with. "I'm f'ne."

Letting out a slight breath, she attempted to roll slightly, trying to locate in her mind where she was. This did not feel like her bed, nor any other furniture in her own house. That was when she recalled it - she wasn't at home any more, she was back at school. The hand couldn't belong to Zander, he couldn't get one the school's grounds. The who-

"You." Although she knew the face it took her foggy brain a moment to associate the familiar features with a name. After all, she had only seen him once, maybe twice, before. "Will."
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

The man frowned as Juliet mentioned another name in his presence. Though he supposed it was probably the concussion talking, and she wasn't really aware. His desire to keep her close, only increased, but he managed to control it. After all, he did not want to scare her off, that would only ruin everything.

Will helped her get up and sit on the couch properly, still holding the cloth tightly. "Oh how nice, you remember me," he told softly, an easy smile slipping into his features. He was glad that he had made enough of an impact on her for her to have at least recalled his name.

"You should be more careful you know," he murmured. "You can't be assured that there'll be someone to help you all the time." The thought slightly panicked him, but he hid it well.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked the Hufflepuff, as though this was a daily occurrence.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Her brain was slightly confused at what was going on. How had the boy... well man really, gotten here? How had she gotten here? There was a mixed feeling in the pit of her stomach, causing her to be torn between two actions. Juliet wanted to squirm away from the touch, tell him that she wasn't... wasn't interested, but the other part of her was telling her she was overreacting. And besides, her head still felt heavy; she wasn't sure she could have gotten up on her own anyway.

"Of course I'd remember your name," she said after a moment, it seeming like the only response that was to give. At least it was the simplest one. "Though I certainly hope that I haven't been so oblivious to notice you've been living on the same land as me; this is a new job for you. Isn't it?"

Her brain had linked the surroundings she now took in with the groundskeepers cabin. She had seen it once before, on a dare in her first or second year. Only children would think peeping into a window would be a truly dangerous act.

Ducking her head slightly, or trying to, but the cloth and hand attached to it making it slightly harder, she gave a sheepish grin, "I suppose I should; though I was lucky you were around." She feared she was getting more clutzy, not less. As far as she could recall this was the first time she had knocked herself out.

Except for that time on the stairs, but she choice to ignore that ever happened.

"Oh," she breathed slightly, glancing around as she searched for the right answer. Part of her was getting this sinking feeling that she was getting trapped, but the other half was telling her it was just a silly impression left over from that run in with that girl. "Just water, would be fine."

She was a little thirsty, and he was just being friendly, right?
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 pm

"Do not worry, you are not that oblivious," Will said easily, the smile still in place. "And yes, it is my new job. Just started a few weeks before actually, perhaps a few days before the break." He had not paid much attention to the dates, though he did know there seemed to have a decrease in number of students when he joined.

His features turned into that of amusement as he noticed the way Juliet was glancing around. "It is perfectly safe here you know, no ogres or goblins running around." Students or not, he was not exactly liking this job. Sure, he liked the time he got to spend outside and with all the animals, but really, would one consider this as an ideal occupation? He still was doubtful about that.

But if it meant being closer to Juliet, so be it. Things would go much easier for him really.

"I will always be around," he winked and laughed lightly, playing the role of the charming gentleman quite effortlessly. "Although I'm sure you would save us both a lot of trouble if you were more careful." On that note, he was not kidding. It would indeed be quite a tragedy if she injured herself severely.

No, that was not to happen.

Will nodded at her request and got up to get her a glass of water. "So how come you did not go home for your break? Is that not what you kids wait for the whole school year?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, as he handed her the glass and sat down next to her.

JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 am

"Oh well, I was at home, for a little while," she said easily, ignoring the unease that was growing in her. "But... there was, lets say an incident..." she frowned and instead of embellishing shrugged her shoulders, "The other students will be back in a day or so. I fear you've been here on your own too long, and have lost track of the dates. Break is over soon." That debacle with the girl in Azorat had merely shaken her up enough for a few days, that it had over all come to the decision that it might be best if she went back to her school. The surroundings were familiar enough that they may proved a comfort.

In the end, it had just proven to remove herself from her constant companion - Zander had been like her shadow over the break, and hers just as much his - and she had felt restless and more ill at ease than she wondered if she might have been if she hadn't.

Maybe she'd write the boy a letter when she got back to her dorm.

Taking the glass he had offered, she spun it awkwardly in her hand as she tried to tell herself she didn't wish to look rude by shuffling away from her. After all, he had helped her. Saved her life was a little drastic, but he had kept her from making the whole fall a lot worse than it might have been.

"I suppose since you're here to have a big important job, I should keep myself from causing you more trouble," she said softly, once more ignoring the discomfort 'I'll always be there' caused in her. After all, it was just a joke, wasn't it? "Speaking of which, why did you take this job anyway? I mean, its sounds like an interesting job, a little solitary maybe, but... it has some perks, but last time we spoke... forgive me if I'm over stepping but, you did not seem the sort to be all that interested in a job."
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

"Well, it's too bad that you leave your home because of it," Will told softly, his tone having a touch of sympathy though he was internally glad that he had had the fortune of her arrival at the school. "I hope it was not too distressing of an incident," he added. "Over already? Seems like I've been absorbed with myself and the animals for far too long then," he agreed with a light laugh. He was not having much of trouble getting used to the surroundings, though he did find it dull at times.

Noticing her actions, he wished Juliet would not be so uncomfortable in his presence. Was it something he said? Was he being too obvious? No, he couldn't have been. His actual occupation and desire to get close to the girl had ensured that he would be as subtle as possible. Or at least, showcase his interest to a minimal level.

For the time being anyway.

"Feel free to stay as long as you like," Will replied with a dismissive wave of his arm. "Like you mentioned, I've been with just myself for too long." The young man shrugged at the Hufflepuff's question. "I need the money anyway, my current situations are a bit...uneasy, at the moment and I had not found anything satisfactory doing odd jobs. Also, this is merely temporary, not sure how long though."

A lie Juliet would have to be content with for now, yet he did not feel a tinge of regret. She would know the truth soon enough. But things were still delicate, he could see that. It was also evident that she was a smart girl.

He would have be extra-precautionary. Wait in patience, just like a predator would. Except here, the prey would not be harmed.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 pm

"It was manageable," she stated evasively with a shrug of her shoulders, "I like to think I'm not as delicate as I might look." She wasn't actually sure that she looked delicate at all, but at the rate she had been getting asked if she was alright these past few weeks, she certainly was starting to feel like she just might be.

"Oh I'd love to work with the animals, and outside; I used to spend all my time outside, running around when I was a little kid. The little friends I met in the woods and marshes around my house were easier to talk to than the other kids sometimes." The smile she made while announcing this was wistful. Juliet was neither ashamed to admit her social inadequacies as a child, nor did she regret them. Besides, the animals were the only one that didn't call her "So-and-so's" sister. It was nice to pretend that someone thought she had an identity all on her own. Even if in truth they hadn't cared at all.

Taking a sip of her drink, she regretted her showing of unease. After all, it really must have been lonely out here all on his own. All the children were gone too, so he hadn't even had the opportunity to pretend that someone else was around.

"That must suck, being alone all the time," she said softly. "Being lonely isn't a nice feeling at all."
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 pm

"How unusual, most girls prefer to be called 'as delicate as a flower', yes?" The man asked with a light laugh. It pleased him that Juliet deemed herself to be independent enough to herself. Though he was not sure if there was a stubborness within her, he hoped she didn't.

Things might turn out to be unpleasant if she were to try to resist him later on.

He nodded his head in agreement, "Animals are indeed quite the satisfying company. They seem to grasp human emotions much more effectively than our own people." His family never paid much attention, always worried about their pureblood status and as though he was just a pawn on their chessboard. Luckily, they had let him surrounded himself with wilderness mostly and especially the sorts of magical creatures. "Seems like behaviour of children seem to be detoriating with each passing generation," he mused.

"Of course it is not a nice feeling, it is the worst really," Will murmured, focussing his gaze on hers. "But things have been looking up lately and I am certain it will stay that way for a while," he said and gave the Hufflepuff a brief smile.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

"A rose by any other name?" she quipped quietly, a bitter sort of amusement still in her voice. Although she had accepted her name as hers, Juliet was still not fond of references to that play. "I'm not most girls, then. What does delicate get you anyway? Always needing a hero's only good if you always have a hero." And Juliet was certainly getting use to not having a hero. She seemed to get into trouble faster than one can blink, and only getting out of it by pure dumb luck.

She still hadn't been able to shake the idea that she was a disappointment, to anyone who knew her.

"Maybe we just notice it more, as we get older? Children are... just children. You cannot hold them for their faults, more often than not they do not know any better."

Juliet didn't hold her childhood against anyone but herself, and when it came right down to it, it wasn't all that bad at all. She had enjoyed herself, even if it had been in a solitary way. People had talked to her of course - you could not be so-and-so's little sister without getting at least one person assuming that it meant they had a right to treat you like their own little sister. Maybe that had been her problem there, home, her old home. She had just been everyone's little sister, never allowed to grow up.

Blinking slightly as her gaze was held, she couldn't quite kick back the odd feeling of foreboding that gripped her. What was causing it, she might not have been able to pinpoint, but the there was something in his words that felt... almost entrapping. Still after a moment she returned his grin with a larger more genuine one of her own, "Good; I'd hate to have to think of anyone alone."
    William Engels
    William Engels
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by William Engels Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 pm

"You don't have a hero? Now there's a shocking surprise," the young man murmured with a smirk gracing his features. "Well, luckily I don't have any jealous boyfriends to worry about," he teased, a sudden glint in his eyes.

He nodded his head slowly, as though not sure whether to agree with the blonde or not. "I suppose it could be the family atmosphere also that drive children these days to behave like that," he muttered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"As much as your sweetness is appreciated, the last thing I'd want is for you to worry," he chuckled amusedly. "Anyway, I suppose I've kept you hostage long enough, I'm sure you have better things to do than spend the rest of your day with the creepy groundskeeper," he murmured with a wink.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm

She ducked her head, blushing scarlet, trying to laugh off her sudden discomfort, "Oh well... you know... yeah," she let out a little breath not entirely sure what she was trying to say. Part of her was saying that she should say that she did have a boyfriend, but that wasn't true... was it?

"Oh well, you're not- I mean..." she shook her head, laughing at how ridiculous she must have sounded. "I suppose I should go; maybe get someone to look at this cut." She pointed to her head, before slipping off of her seat, walking towards the door. Part of her wanted to keep going pass the threshold without stopping but her manors wouldn't let her do that.

"Thank you, you know, for helping, and what not." Nodding her head once more she slipped out of the small building and was off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 pm