Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Something's On My Mind

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Something's On My Mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Something's On My Mind

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Casey grinned. "I think you'll find that you're one of very few people to describe me as 'grown up.' Idon't usually act like this a lot. I'm usually a LOT crazier and prone to insane ideas. But yeah, I don't want to miss out because I'm stuck in the past."

Casey smiled dreamily. "Flying is my thing. I do it when I'm happy, sad, confused, anything and it just makes me free. It's the best feeling in the world and I'd love to share it with you. I'll play a game with you whenever you want."

Casey matched his slightly insane smile with one of her own. "You're welcome and this is definitely going to happen now, if it's the last thing I do. And then, when I'm a famous Quidditch player and you're a famous artist, we can go anywhere we want and do anything."

Casey chuckled, but didn't bother to tag him back yet. She flipped her legs up and floated with her head next to his and her legs going the opposite way. "I see a fairy," she said, pointing at a cloud with a vague fairy-like shape.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm

"Well, I think we all have a bit of "grown up-ness" in us as well as some craziness, but personally I like the craziness part best." he said laughing as he dropped his voice to a whisper as if what he said was a secret.

"It's a done deal." he said smiling. "We'll have to pick a day to just fly and have fun." he said.

James laughed at her equally insane smile and said, "Yes, we will do what we want, when we want." His thoughts briefly began to think ahead to the future, imagining Casey himself doing whatever their hearts desired.

James smiled and searched the sky for the fairy like shape she had pointed out. When he saw it, he looked around and spotted more shapes. "That looks like a dragon." he said pointing to the left of the fairy. "I love dragons..." he said smiling.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Casey threw back her head and laughed full out. "I think I like the crazy better too," she said, still giggling. "Life is much more fun that way and besides, who has time to be completely serious?"

Casey shook his hand, grinning. "Deal," she repeated. "Any day is fine by me. Honestly, you could probably just show up and I'd be there. I'm there pretty often."

Casey gave James a high five. "And it'll be beautiful," she said with a grin. She could see him dreaming and wondered what he was thinking about. "What are you thinking about?" she repeated her thought out loud.

Casey grinned. "Dragons are awesome. Oh look, there's a griffin!" She pointed above the dragon. "And a panther next to it. Panthers are my favorite animal. I think I'd be a panther if I wasn't a human. I'm kind of cat-like sometimes."
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Laughing James replied with, "I have no idea...maybe some of the teachers."

"Well, I will see you on the pitch." he said smiling.

James returned the high five with as much enthusiasm as Casey did. "It will be." he said practically jumping with happiness. "Oh, nothing not really, well...just thinking of what our lives will be like when we are doing what we love and being able to do what we like." he said thoughtfully, the images still in his head.

James returned the grin when Casey said that dragons were awesome. James looked to where she was pointing at the two cloud creatures. "I think you'd be a great panther." he said chuckling. But in a way he could almost imagine Casey as a panther, she was so fast and quick on her feet.

"If I wasn't a human, I'd love to be a dragon...they're so majestic and can fly wherever they want." he said dreamily once more. "I'm sort of obsessed with dragons, if you haven't noticed." he said laughing lightly. "You should see my sketch book it's filled with them, among other things." he said.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Casey rolled her eyes. "I'd be a much cooler teacher than that. I'd be a fun teacher. Like the BAMF I am." She smiled and poked him in the side for no reason.

Casey grinned impishly. "It's on. It's on like Donkey Kong."

Casey was so excited that she danced around a little. She grinned. "Like what? What are we doing in your imagination? I'm probably flying around while you paint me or something. That would be awesome. You know what? You should literally paint me. Like on my body. That would be so cool."

Casey nodded. "I think so too. It's my Patronus and I think it would be my Animagus form too, if I could do that. I think being an Animagus would be so cool, how about you?"

Casey nodded. "Well they ARE pretty cool. I don't think you can be a magical animal though, only Muggle ones. Which is slightly disappointing, because being a Phoenix would be awesome."

Casey suddenly seemed to realize that her clothes were getting soaked. "These are wet," she said unecessarily. She frowned. "I don't want to get out in wet clothes." She flipped to tread water, easily slipping out of her shirt and skirt, flipping them up to the bank to dry out. In just a bra and underwear and completely unabashed, she flipped back up to float. "Better," she decided.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 pm

James let out a loud chuckle. "I can so imagine that. You'd seriously be a great teacher." he said honestly.

James tilted his head to the side slightly at her words. "Donkey Kong? Isn't that some Muggle game?" he asked curiously.

"Well, I AM painting while you're flying around practicing getting the Quaffle through the hoops. It's a little hard to paint when you're moving, but hey, whatever." he said smiling at his imagination. "Aha, I could try that one day if you want? I think I could manage body art." he said.

"Wow, that's pretty cool! Mine is a Grey Wolf, and I would want that to be my Animagus, even though we don't really have choice. Being an Animagi would be pretty awesome! That's why I try so hard in Tansfig, I really want to master it one day." he said excitedly. His father was an Animagi and he really wanted to be like his father in that sense.

James mocked a sad face. "Too bad...I think being a Dragon would be cool, also a Phoenix, those are some beautiful birds." he said, his face then lighting up again.

James stared at Casey with a mixture of surprise and slight horror, as she stripped from her clothing, swimming in nothing but her bra and underwear. Once again, James's face turned bright red, and so did his ears, which only happened when he was really embarassed, or in an awkward situation.

"Umm...er..." James stuttered as Casey started to swim around him. He tried to imagine her just wearing a two piece swim suit, but he still couldn't shake the fact that it was her underwear.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 am

Casey smiled at him greatfully. "Thanks, I'm glad you think so. I hope I will be, if I ever end up being a teacher. It would be great."

Casey nodded. "I think so. I heard some Muggle boy in my village say that once, and I liked it. So I stole it and I use it now." She smiled. "Yeah, about 5 seconds after he said that, he was on the floor. He should have known better than to challenge me because I play life full tackle. Literally."

Casey smiled and bumped her shoulder into his playfully. "I bet you could do it. Besides, that would be a pretty boss painting when you were finished." She grinned. "Oh my Merlin, that would be amazing! I bet it would turn out really cool."

Casey grinned. "That would be great! Bet you I'd still be faster than you though." She grinned at him impishly. "I think you'd make a great Animagus by the way."

Casey nodded. "Agreed. On both counts."

Casey grinned at James's embarrassment. "Sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?" she asked with a roguish smile, swimming in a circle around him. "It's just like a bikini James. Besides, it's not like you can see anything special." She was still smiling wickedly. It was mean, but she was really amused at his discomfort. She stretched languidly in the water, purposely showing off her curves.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

James smiled at her obvious happiness. "You could, if you wanted to, which I think you do." he said smiling.

"Aha. Wow. Sounds...fun?" he said shrugging his shoulders and laughing.

James laughed when she bumped into him, causing him to shuffle over a few centimetres. "It would be pretty darn awesome, not to brag or anything. And I think it would be really cool to have moving paintings on your body! I could paint whatever you wanted." he said.

"Aha, I wouldn't be surprised! I haven't seen you fly yet, but I have no doubt you'd beat me." he said laughing for maybe the millionth time this conversation, but he didn't mind. "Thanks...You too." he said smiling at her.

James tried to keep his blue eyes off her, but he was a boy, and Casey was very pretty so it was hard not to look at her, but he didn't want to seem like the kind of creep who just stared at half nude pictures of girls and had one night stands.

No, James wasn't one of those guys. He treated girls with respect, and never disrespected them or their bodies.

"A little." he admitted. James chuckled awkwardly when she swam around him, obviously trying to show off her curves.

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 am

Casey did a little happy dance. "Thanks. I think that's my after Quidditch plan now, for sure and certain." She nodded decisively.

Casey grinned. "Yeah. I have issues when guys don't believe that girls can take care of themselves, let alone take out a guy who's being stupid. Therefore, it was my privilege to prove him wrong and no one messed with me or Lyssa after that."

Casey eyes danced with the possibilities. "Oh wow. The things I could choose. Wow. The possibilities are endless. I don't know, I'd probably just give you free reign, as long as none of it was inappropriate. But I don't think you would anyway."

Casey smiled. "Yeah, one of my friends, Korvus, just gave me his broom that he never uses. It's amazing. It's so fast, I barely have time to think." Her eyes shone.

Casey laughed again. "I honestly don't mind if you look James, it doesn't bother me. I just look at it as loving my body. But if you want me to put my clothes back on, I will. I honestly didn't mean to do anything or make you feel anything. I just realized that my clothes would be soaked when I got out and wanted to let them dry for a little." She smiled at him.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:10 am

"That's great!" he said feeling happy for her that she found at least two things she loved to do.

James laughed. "I can imagine that guy must have been pretty embarassed?" he asked laughing.

"Haha, yeah endless possibilities. And don't worry, trust me when I say, I'm not that kind of guy. Well, I like to think I'm not." he said as confidently as he could. He really didn't want her to think he was that kind of guy.

"That's awesome of him!" he said smiling. "I usually stick to the slower brooms, of course I love to go fast, but being a very poor flyer I tend to use the slower ones in fear of falling off." He smiled at her when he noticed how she lit up at the very thought of flying.

James, still blushing said, "Well if you're comfortable, then I'm not going to make you change back. And it's not that I'm uncomfortable, it's just, I don't want you to think I'm some creep. But I'll admit," he began feeling a little embarassed. "You are very beautiful. With or without full clothes." he said.

He hoped that she wouldn't get mad at him for saying that even though they just met, and he really hoped that no matter what had happened, that she wouldn't swim away and never speak to him again. He was really starting to like Casey, she was a very nice, caring and pretty girl. He didn't want to lose her friendship over one thing he said.

Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Casey nodded. "Yeah, it is. I always knew I wanted to go into professional Quidditch if I could. I even knew that my first team choice is Holyhead Harpies. But I didn't really know what I wanted to do afterwards. Now I do, which is excellent." She smiled at James, really happy that he supported her.

Casey laughed. "Yeah. It was pretty awesome. All his friends took the mickey out of him for getting beat by a girl, but he admitted defeat, and then tried to get me to date him for two monthsafter that. I said no, cause he was a jerk." She rolled her eyes. "See? Guys are weird."

Casey nodded. "Yeah, I didn't really think you were, but I was just checking. You can never be too certain about stuff that's going to end up on your body."

Casey shrugged, grinning. "I told him that, but he said it was no big deal, he had another one. He had just bought one and had won the second one in a competition, so he had one extra broom that he couldn't use and he gave it to me." She grinned happily. "Best. Present. Ever."

Casey smiled shyly. "Thanks James. I don't think you're a creep, cause it was my fault anyway for taking half my clothes off. But I think you're handsome too. And I haven't even seen you without full clothes," she couldn't help but add with a mischievous glint in her eye. "But seriously, I think you're wonderful, inside and out." She looked him directly in the eyes and it was almost hard to breathe.

Casey was still torn by her debate. She was really starting to like James and he seemed to like her too, but what if Liam came back? She wasn't sure if he would or not and she didn't want to abandon him. What, the way he abandoned you? asked the more wicked part of her brain. He left, it's your right to love again. But that still felt like letting him down when he was exceptionally good to her. When he's here, her brain argued back. Which isn't often nowadays.. She didn't know what to choose.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 pm

James smiled. "It's great that you know what you want to do with your life after school. I mean, it's something you enjoy and you get paid doing it, even though if I was to be an artist for someone, I wouldn't care even if I didn't get paid, though it helps." He said chuckling. He was so passionate about art, that he would paint for free as long as he was doing what he loved.

James couldn't help but laugh at her story. "Poor guy." he said. "Well, not much we can do I'm afraid." he said still laughing.

"Thanks...for not thinking I was one of those guys. And I know what you mean." he said smiling his thanks and agreement.

James smiled at Casey's obvious happiness and bubbliness. "I'm glad he was nice enough to give you his broom." he said smiling.

"I'm glad you don't think so. And it's ok, don't worry. Thank you..." he said bushing again. "I'm not taking my clothes off now, if that's what you're saying." he said chuckling when he noticed her mischievious smile. "I think you're wonderful too." he said honestly as he met her gaze.

He noticed that she had the same look she had earlier when she was what she called, "internal debating." so he just swam around a little bit, before he asked, "I know it's not my buisness, but are you alright? I hope I haven't made you uncomfortable in any way."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Casey nodded. "I mean it's certainly nice to have a plan. And it's hard to believe that I can get paid for doing something I love, but professional players get thousands of Galleons. It's a little mind blowing, when you stop and think about it."

Casey chuckled. "I don't know, after the two months he tried, he certainly moved on pretty fast. Last time I saw him, he was eating some girl's face off in public. So I duct taped them together." She sighed happily at the memory. "It was hilarious."

Casey smiled. "It wasn't really hard to believe. You just don't strike me as that sort of guy. The growing boy hormones are somehow repressed in your brain." She grinned hugely.

Casey grinned. "Me too, it's excellent." She would have gone on a tangent about broom styles, makes, and models, but she learned from experience that most people kind of zoned out when she went on a rant.

Casey faked a pout. "Aw, no stripping from you? Yeah, sorry, I couldn't help it, it was just do perfect." She winked. "Don't hold it against me." She looked into his eyes, then realized they had both been staring and looked back up at the sky. "I see a bunny," she said, with a voice that shook a little bit.

Casey sighed, and gave up pretending to be casual. "I'm really starting to like you," she admitted. "But, and this is going to sound weird, I'm not sure whether or not I'm single. I have- had- have- I don't even know anymore! There was a guy in my life, named Liam. He was my boyfriend, but he left. Vanished without a trace, but I know it was his own choice because he's done it before, come back, and left again. I'm not sure what to do anymore." She stared at the sky. "I'm not sure if he'll come back this time," she said quietly, floating gently in the water.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 am

Agreeing with Casey, James nodded as well. "It is, because then you know you have a life to live and love. And yeah! That's true! Quidditch players make so much." he said smiling.

"Aww! Wow. I would have given anything to see that." James said laughing.

James chuckled and smiled at her, thankful that she saw him as a good person. "Yeah, it seems to be that way." he said still laughing.

James could see in her eyes, the happiness it brought her just by talking about brooms, and flying and made him smile.

Unable to resist, James put on a sly smile and started to "sing" random tunes that sounded like stripping music as he started to peel his jacket off, then stopped. "Nope, sorry. Not today." he said laughing. "Where?" James asked turning his head, then looking back at her, he noticed she looked a little down.

James didn't really know what to say. He was really starting to like her too, and he felt really bad about her situation. However, he had no experience with relationships of any kind so he didn't have much to say, but he couldn't stay silent.

"I'm really starting to like you too. And I'm really sorry about your...about Liam." he said completely honest.

"I don't want you to have to choose between me and him, Casey. I mean I can tell he obviously meant a lot to you. If you'd like, we could wait a while to see what happens and then...you know go from there?" he suggested hoping it would help.

"I really don't want to rush into anything if you're not ready and if Liam does come back I don't want to be between you two. And I know this sounds cheesy, but I still want to be friends, no matter what happens. Maybe more, one day." he said hoping he didn't ruin anything.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Casey smiled, then sighed. "Wonder what it's like? Having money. Maybe I'll find out if I become a Quidditch player, but I certainly don't know now." She shook her head, getting rid of the negative thoughts. "But hey, I'm still glad that I have a career plan ahead."

Casey grinned. "I think somebody has it... What's the word? Ummm, recorded? I think one of the Muggles has moving pictures of it anyway."

Casey just laughed at his laughter, glad that he was happy, as sappy as that was.

Casey laughed and started clapping and whistling. She groaned playfully when he stopped. "What, no strip tease show today?" She folded her arms, treading water with her feet, and pretended to pout. "You take all the fun out of it. But," A mischievous glint came into her eye. "I could always help you out of your clothes."

Casey smiled a little when he said he liked her too. "Thanks. How do I always attract the Slytherin guys? First it was Liam and then Alexander, except he's like my brother now, and now you." She smiled a little more. "I guess I'm a snake magnet."

Casey nodded. "To be honest, I don't know if I can choose. I really do like him, but if he's going to keep disappearing like this..." she shrugged her shoulders helplessly. "I don't know what to do."

Casey looked at him greatfully. "Thanks James, I think that's how it's going to have to work for right now." She swam over and hugged him again. "Friends are allowed to hug, right?" She smiled. Maybe more, one day... she repeated in her mind.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 pm

James tilted his head in thought. "I wonder too...but we don't have to wait much longer til we can apply ourselves to the world and get paid." he said smiling. "Same. For both of us." he said.

Smiling, though he was confused a little, he said, "Well then maybe I'm in luck."

James shook his head and laughed, but he didn't continue his mock strip tease. "Sorry, Miss Donohoe. You'll have to wait." he said lightly tapping her nose as she crossed her arms and pouted. "Wait, what?" James said, eyes widening at her suggestion and mischievous grin. "Umm...I'm good thanks." he said chuckling awkwardly.

"I really am sorry...about him disappearing." he said looking into her eyes to show he was sincere, then James smiled, and chuckled politely. "I suppose you are." he said.

James wrapped his arms around her tightly in return for her hug. "Of course they are." he said sighing and smiling. He really hoped that she would be ok, with Liam disappearing on her, as she said, most of the time, but he really also hoped that one day, maybe, they could be more than friends, but he'd have to wait and see.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Casey grinned. She knew James wouldn't let her stay down. "Yep. Soon, I'll be able to help my family and maybe Dad won't have to work overtime as much. That would be great, they could both be home more." She smiled as he agreed.

Casey smiled. "Well I suppose you'll just have to come over to my house sometime and I'll show you the vid-ee-o of it." She would be glad to have James over to her house for a couple days, but with Moxie staying in their house... Maybe she'd have to give up the thought of Lyssa coming back and move Moxie into the room the sisters had shared and put James in the attic room while he stayed.

Casey couldn't help but smile. "I suppose I can be patient," she teased. Her eyes widened innocently. "No? That would make you uncomfortable? Oh well, I guess I'm gonna be the only half naked one."

Casey nodded. "I'm sorry too. I wish he would stay." She was glad he was sincerely sorry for her and not jealous or bitter that she still liked someone else.

Casey rested her head on his shoulder. "This feels right," she mumbled into his shoulder. "I like being friends with you, it just feels natural." She wondered if more than friends would feel as natural as just friends did.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:06 am

James smiled at her. "That would be great, for both your and your family." he said feeling happy for her. James smiled back at her, as she smiled at him when he agreed with her.

"That would be awesome." he said excitedly. He had never been over to other friend's houses often before, so for someone to invite him, made him happy.

Unable to hold it in, James laughed at Casey's look of innocence, but not in a mean way. "It would make me a tad uncomfortable, I'm afraid." he said. "Seems that way, for now."

James reached out to her again, hoping that maybe a hug would help her feel better. He used to find that when he was sad, even someone asking if he was ok, made him feel a hundred times better, because even if he wouldn't tell him why he was sad, it showed that they cared.

James nodded. "This does feel right." he said quietly. Closing his eyes, he took a moment to just sort of take everything in.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Casey smiled gently. "Yeah, it would," she said in a dreamy sort of voice. She imagined being able to buy her parents a house bigger than their tiny, rather rundown cottage and her dad being able to quit his job at the bank, which she knew he hated. Her mom would probably keep the apothecary until she was too old to run it though and the thought made Casey smile.

Casey grinned at him. "You can come over whenever. We're hooked up to the Floo system, so you can just pop in. Be warned- my mom will tell you you're too skinny and try to feed you everything in the house."

Casey smiled and laughed with James. "Ah well," she said, enhancing the Irish part of her accent. "To each his own I suppose. I'm a strange lass and no mistake."

Casey snuggled into James's arms again. Hugs always made her feel better. She was a very physical type of pon and liked to show both affection and hate in physical ways. Reverting back to her normal accent, a pigden of Irish, Brithish, and American Northeast, she muttered, "Thanks James," into his shoulder.

Casey smiled. Maybe James was the better decision than Liam. She'd probably have to think it over later, when she wasn't hugging James. Less bias.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:27 pm

James watched her as she thought. Her eyes lit up a little at whatever she was thinking about, and James smiled. He liked to see happy people, no matter who they were, even his enemies, though he didn't have any...at the time.

"Aahah. I'll be sure to come in on an empty stomach, then." he said laughing. "You're mom sounds really nice though, and like a good cook." he said smiling.

"Indeed you are Miss Donohoe, but never let that bring you down." he said smiling down at her. He didn't mind that Casey was strange, he was strange himself and that didn't bother him one bit.

James smiled lightly as she cuddled closed to him. "You're welcome." he said softly. She seemed to feel a little better, and James was glad, he hated to see sad people.

"Hey, you wanna go back in? It's starting to get a little dark, and I'm not a fan of the dark." he said looking up at the sky. He didn't want to ruin the moment, but he really didn't like the dark as much as some people.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Casey chuckled. "Yeah, it won't matter. You'll still end up stuffed. Um, but if you come and stay overnight, I hope you don't mind sleeping in the attic. Cause that's where the extra room is. And I'll have to move Moxie into the bed where Lyssa was sleeping... Lyssa is my sister," she explained."And Moxie is this girl that we kind of just... Took in. She needed a home." Casey shrugged. It wasn't a big deal to her. Her mother was always taking in stray people like some people took in stray animals- with no reservations and not caring where they came from.

Casey smiled roguishly. "Oh I don't. Ever. If I wasn't strange, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'd be so bored all the time if I was normal."

Casey smiled into James's shoulder. She pulled back in when he mentioned it getting dark. "Not fond of the night?" she asked. She didn't mind it, but she knew some people didn't like the dark. She was just as comfortable at night as she was in the day. She swam over to the cliff where they'd jumped off and scrambled up it with the ease of someone who'd been climbing since they could walk, leaving James to either follow her or swim around to where it was less steep. She pulled on her now semi-dry clothes and turned towards him, smiling. "Ready?"
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 pm

James smiled back and said, "Sounds good either way. And I don't mind, as long as it works for you and your family. You have a sister?" he asked amazed. "I'd give anything for a sibling, being alone kinda sucks sometimes." he explained shrugging his shoulders.

"I think it's great that you took her in." he said smiling.

James laughed. "I know that feeling." he said shoulders shaking as he laughed.

"Not really." he replied as she swam up to the shore. He watched in amazement as she easily climbed up the cliff. James, trying to be impressive, swam over to where she had gotten out and used all his strength to climb up. He managed to do it, but not without a few falls.

When he hopped out, he pulled out his wand and pointed it at himself and muttered a spell that instantly heated his clothes, leaving him dry and comfortable. "Ready, if you are." he said holding his arm out.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Casey grinned, relieved that he'd be ok. Her grin faded a bit. "I'm not sure if she's still alive," she murmmered, loud enough for him to hear. "That's one of the things I have to talk to you about later. But being alone does suck." She gave him a crooked little smile. "Sometimes it feels like I'm always alone, no matter how many people are around me."

Casey smiled again. "Yeah, she's a funny little girl. It's nice to have someone else in the house."

Casey laughed with him. "A lot of my friends are like that. Honestly, I probably wouldn't like you if you were normal."

Casey smirked a little as James finally managed to pull himself up the cliff. "I've been climbing as long as I can remember," she explained. "That's why it's so easy for me. Besides, I like heights. Congrats though, that was still impressive."

Casey laughed and took his arm. "Then, good sir, let us depart. Shall we skip?" she asked in a very posh, serious British voice.
    James Nickelson
    James Nickelson
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by James Nickelson Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:03 pm

James suddenly felt really bad when she said those words. "Casey, I'm-I'm really sorry, I didn't mean-" he stuttered then fell silent, in case he made it worse. "Of course, I understand." he said nodding his head.

James smiled a little again. "I can't wait to meet her. We should make plans for the summer." he said smiling.

"What is normal? I mean, who ever came up with the definition of "normal"?" he said looking wildly around as if the word should never have been made.

James bowed jokingly as she said congrats. "I do try." he said smirking.

James raised his nose to the air and copied her posh accent. "We shall, Miss. We shall." he said as he began to skip towards the castle, not caring that there were people laughing and snickering at them as they skipped past.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Casey shook her head. "You couldn't have known, I didn't tell you. But yeah, it's a long, sad, complicated story. And I still don't know how it ends." She was still sad, but she tried to hide it so he wouldn't feel worse. She nodded, the crooked smile back on her face. "I thought you might."

Casey smiled and nodded. "Definitely. I told Quinn I'd visit her in France though and I might end with Danni, Gorn, and Kat in New York." She frowned thoughtfully, then shrugged, the worry melting away. "Oh well, we'll figure something out."

Casey laughed and shrugged. "I still haven't quite figured that out. I'll get back to you. Whoever came up with 'normal' was just plain weird," she added, smirking at the irony of her statement.

Casey curtsied in return. "I'm glad you do," she said, eyes sparkling with fun.

Casey matched his skipping stride, not even noticing other people's reactions. She had a habit of tuning them out when she was doing something weird. They reached the front entrance and stopped to open the door. Casey grinned and hopped on James's back. "On my noble steed! WE RIDE!" she yelled, laughing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am