Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+3
Diane Scamander
Kathryn Anne Dagworth
Madisen Lewis
7 posters

Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed)

Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed)

Post by Lacey Black Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 am

Lacey scowled before gritting her teeth and erasing her frustration. "Sorry." she murmured. "I'm just not used to messing up on stuff." she shook her head, a determined look upon her soft features. "I'll try again if you don't mind."

She stood with her wand at her side and took a deep breath. She let her body relax before pulling up her wand and aiming it at Lucy then she repeated the incantation in her head before allowing it to flow easily out of her mouth. "Spiritus Attollere!" she quickly drew the smile with her wand and saw the light emit from her wand.
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:06 am

Look around Kathy saw D. She approach her with a smile. "Wanna team up?" she asked.
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 am

Lucy grinned, she felt happy, jubilant really. It almost seemed as though she could float of the ground. She was confident now too, sure that when she tried the spell it would work. She smiled brightly at Lacey, "That was great. I feel great. Okay, let me try now."

She didn't wait for an answer before raising her wand, "Spiritus Attollere!" she drew a smiley face in the air, still beaming, and waited to see what would happen.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:32 am

Mad started around the room as her students began practicing.

"Mr. Turrow," she said, "as there are currently an odd number of students, you are welcome to join one of the other pairs to practice." There was no way she was going to let a student practice this, of all charms, upon herself.

Even if she thought they'd get it to work properly.

There was a bit more talking than she generally allowed in her classes, but as long as the students didn't become too chatty and kept their conversations within the confines of what they were learning, she would let it slide.

Mad let them practice a bit longer, giving them time to make the first charm work before she introduced the second. She really hated the second one - it was just... The woman barely suppressed a shudder. While Spiritus Attollere made its victims happy, the other charm made them practically delirious. It was nauseating.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 am

Lacey beamed triumphantly. She knew she would eventually get the spell right.

Before had time to reply, Lucy's wand was pointing at her and a light emitted from it. After it was over, a slight tickle feeling began in her stomach. It turned warm, then bubbly and slowly spread through her whole body as a wide and dreamy smile spread across her face.

"I think you did it. . ." she murmured dazedly before snapping out of her trance, but that giddy feeling still remained warm and controlling in her body.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 am

Mad finally decided to teach the class the other Cheering Charm, or as she thought of it, the Charm-for-Making-Hysterically-Laughing-Excessively-Elated-Buffoons-Out-of-Otherwise-Bearable-People.

She waved her wand at the chalkboard. "Repletus per risus," the words appeared on the board just below Spiritus Attollere. "The wand movement for this charm is up and very slightly to the right, then straight down, much like you might see a music conductor to. The first two words in the incantation are said as your wand is moving upwards; Repletus per," she demonstrated with her own wand, "and then, risus as you bring your wand down.

"I strongly recommend that you all remain seated while practicing this charm as you are rather liable to fall down and hurt yourselves, otherwise," Mad dryly informed them, silently thinking she should have brought ear plugs. "You may begin."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am

Lacey turned to Lucy, that giddy feeling starting to dissipate a little. "Wanna go first?"
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 am

"Sure." Lucy raised, her wand, this spell seemed a tiny bit harder. "Repletus per risus." she spoke and did the wand motions at the correct time. Unfortunately, she performed the last of the hand motion a bit wrong, her wand went to the side instead of directly down. She looked at Lacey anxiously, nothing looked wrong, but she could never know, "Are you okay? I messed it up a bit,"

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Oliver walked calmly into the classroom and frowned when he realized class he began.

"Sorry I'm late professor," he said. "I got lost and confused my schedule."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:39 am

Mad's lips thinned into a hard line as she turned towards the latecomer. "Twenty points from Ravenclaw for your tardiness, Mr. Penderghast," she told the boy. Really, the number of tardy students she had had today. Did they not give the little hellions maps of this place?

"You are to be learning Cheering Charms," the professor continued. "Find a classmate to practice with."

It's almost over, she thought longingly. Then, I won't have to teach the dratted things again for a year.
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Lucy winced as the boy came in late. She felt bad for him, really. Their teacher was being pretty harsh on late commers. After all, it was only the first day of classes. She could give them a bit of a break, even the third years, it was rough getting back into school.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:37 am

Cheering charms. He had read them in a book once remembered practicing on his little sister whenever she was sad because she had fallen of something and scrapped some part of her body.

Oliver looked around and noticed everybody had a partner... He cursed under his breath, never again would he be late again.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:54 am

"Class time is now concluded," Mad declared, her lips pressed into a thin line. "Next time I instruct you to work in pairs or groups, I recommend you do just that. As you will be tested on Cheering Charms later in your education, I suggest you practice on you own time.

"Your homework, due at the end of this week, is to write a three-foot essay on directional Charms.

"You are now dismissed."
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Karma packed up her things and threw her bag over her shoulder, leaving when she was dismissed. She waved at Aireon and wandered away toward her next class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 am