Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+3
Diane Scamander
Kathryn Anne Dagworth
Madisen Lewis
7 posters

Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed)

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed) Empty Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed)

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 am

This day will never end, Mad thought to herself. And she just knew her third-years' lesson was going to feel exceptionally long.

"Most useless charms around," she muttered to herself. She went back into her office to find a stomach-soothing draught.

She was going to need it.

Last edited by Madisen Lewis on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed) Empty Re: Charms | Y.3 L.1 (closed)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 am

Aireon walked into the classroom. He noticed the professor wasn't there. Assuming they had gone to their office, he sat down in the front of the classroom.
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Kathryn Anne Dagworth
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Kathryn Anne Dagworth Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

Kathy rushed in the room.

"Good day professor" Kathy greeted cheerfully as she took her seat by the corner.
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Diane peeked through the classroom doors and slowly entered the Charms classroom with her quill and her textbook. It has been said that there's a new charms professor around. And, first impressions last, so, she better suit up and see if she can impress the new professor.

She sat beside her 'beloved' cousin, Kathy and smiled 'professionally' at the new professor.

"Good Day to you, Professor"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Karma sighed deeply as she walked into the classroom and saw no Professor. Office, probably. She wondered who exactly the Gryffindors thought they were greeting, but Gryffindors had always been a little barmy. She shrugged and sat at an empty table.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Lacey entered the Charms classroom and her spirits immediately brightened. Her memory was taken back to the day at the Three Broomsticks and she couldn't the smile that seeped its way onto her face.

Without even the least bit of hesitation, Lacey slid into the nearest seat. . . which just so happened to be that of the one beside a Slytherin. But the witch took no notice of the other girl, still lost in thought, and she drew out her Charms book to begin reading.
    Cepheus Turrow
    Cepheus Turrow
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Location : My Cardboard Box; Skillfully Evading Reality. [England]

Post by Cepheus Turrow Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Cepheus greeted everyone jovially when he entered the Charms classroom. He looked to the front and almost grinned when the teacher wasn't there - but she had eyes everywhere.. Who knew if she would see him? Instead, he moved to the back of the classroom and sat down in one of the seats happily.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 am

Having taken the draught, Mad left the empty vial on her desk and made her way back out into her classroom.

She sat behind her desk at the front of the room, propping an elbow on one arm of the chair and resting her chin atop her knuckles as she gazed impassively at the students who had already arrived. A few more minutes, and then people were going to be late.

Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:02 am

Karma looked up at the Professor with a grin and waved before glancing at the Gryffindor beside her. "What on earth do you think your doing, sitting next to me, Gryffindor?" She hissed under her breath.
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 am

Lucy walked into the classroom and took a seat next to Lacey, even though the look on the Slytherin girl's face sitting next to her made it seem like neither of them were welcome.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Karma grumbled something about the dumb cheerful stupidity of Gryffindors and opted to ignore both girls. They annoyed her. Greatly.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Lacey made a face at the Slytherin but opted to ignore her completely. "I'm sitting. Isn't that obvious?" she hissed back and turned to look at the professor.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Karma rolled her eyes. Gryffindors. Can't live with them.... Can't shove them in a closet forever without someone noticing... She smirked at the thought and resigned to actually put up with them... for this lesson.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Mad lazily flicked her hand towards the classroom door and it swung shut.

"Wands on desks. Class had begun. You may thank your tardy classmates for loss of House points, later." She pursed her lips a bit. She hated tardiness in her pupils. "Pull out your summer essays. You should have all completed three feet on Mood-Altering Charms."

She summoned the parchments once they had been retrieved from various school bags.

"There are certain charms that are considered core curriculum," Mad began. "As such, it is required that you learn them, otherwise, I wouldn't waste any of our time.

"Today, you will be learning Cheering Charms. Can anyone tell me the moron responsible for creating said charms?"
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Lucy pulled out her wand and put it on her desk, glad that she had done her essay. She also vaguely remembered something about who invented the cheering charm. She raised her hand tentatively, maybe she could earn back some of the points she had lost earleir today.

"Wasn't it invented by Felix Summerbee, professor?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 am

"Correct, Miss Lovegood," Mad told the girl she had called on to answer the question. "During the 1400s, Felix Summerbee felt that the Wizarding world was in need of means by which to cheer those who were depressed. While they are, in fact, effective in buoying a person's spirits - a bit too high, if you ask me - their effects are, most fortunately, not long-lasting in their application.

"Since they will be showing up on your O.W.L.s at the end of fifth-year, we will spend some time today learning a couple of them.

"Five points to Gryffindor."

Turning towards the board, she waved her wand and an incantation appeared in crisp, chalk letters. "Spiritus Attollere," she pronounced aloud. "The wand movement is simple enough to remember. You point at your target with your wand and you move it in an upside-down half-circle as you cast, Spiritus Attollere. Like a smile." Mad wasn't smiling.

"You may now take up your wands and practice with your classmates in pairs," she told them. "If I hear anyone saying anything other than the incantation, I will be taking points. Don't even think about trying this charm on me." The woman gave them all a menacing scowl.

"You may begin."

Last edited by Madisen Lewis on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 am

Lucy looked around nervously, who to ask, who to ask. Preferably someone who was really good, so that if she messed up at least she would be happy about it. "Lacey? Partners?"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Since the Professor said Housemates, Karma made her way to the desk of the other Slytherin. "Hey Aireon. Partners, then?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm

((OOC: Ack! I did originally put 'housemates'. I meant classmates... Oops.)

Mad sat on the edge of her desk as the class started to pair up. Once they had began, she would patrol the classroom.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 am

"Hey, Karma. It's been awhile," Aireon greeted. "Of course, I'll partner up with you." He picked up his wand.

"Do you want to go first?" he asked.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 am

Karma smiled at him. "It has been awhile hasn't it?" She. Took a few steps back and raised her wand. "Ready?" She counted to three. "Spiritus Attollere!" She said drawing a smile with her wand. She felt the energy flow through her arm and through the wand.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Lacey nodded and smiled warmly at Luna. "Alright, who do you want to go first, then?"
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Lucy grinned, "You can, I'll try and learn from what you do." She took a step back and waited for Lacey to cast the spell.

(OC - I think you meant Lucy not Luna.. Razz)
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 pm

(OOC: Oops!! I did!! Razz )

Lacey nodded. "Alright then." she drew in a breathe and pointed her wand at Lucy. "Spiritus Attollere!" she watched in rapt attention to see if anything happened.
    Lucy Lovegood
    Lucy Lovegood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucy Lovegood Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 am

Lucy felt a grin spread across her face, but it faded quickly, as did the somewhat happy feeling that had jumped into her. She smiled reufully reporting back, "That was good, I mean it didn't last that long," she tried to make the fact that it only lasted a second sound better than it did, "but, it worked. I got this sort of happy, bubbly feeling. It just has to last a bit longer."

She grinned, "Do you want me to try now? Or do you want to try again?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 am