Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+5
Laedin Crouch
Tobias Forsyte
Rebecca Marks
Train Reid
Madisen Lewis
9 posters

Charms | Y.2 L.2

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Charms | Y.2 L.2 Empty Charms | Y.2 L.2

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 am

Mad stood near her desk, one hand resting on its surface as she awaited her second years. At each of the seats were basins filled with water and small boxes filled containing bits of cloth and paper.

The professor coolly watched the open door.

((OOC: Alrighty, guys. You have until Wednesday to post your arrival, and then you're late. Not advisable - remember Mad takes 20 points for tardiness!))
    Train Reid
    Train Reid
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Charms | Y.2 L.2 Empty Re: Charms | Y.2 L.2

Post by Train Reid Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Zayden quietly entered the Charms classroom. After doing so, she nodded at Professor Lewis and took a seat. "It's so.... quiet...", Zayden mumbled, gazing at the water-filled basin sitting before her.

Charms | Y.2 L.2 Empty Charms

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Alexis walked into the class, she was the second one to come.
    "Hello Professor" she greeted and took a seat. She looked around curiously, water, clothes and ...paper? What are we going to do? She thought.
    Rebecca Marks
    Rebecca Marks
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Marks Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Belle slid into the classroom quietly. She smiled softly at the two girls, one she recognised from Wizard Dueling. She sucked in a shaky breath through clenched teeth and walked to the Professor in the center of the classroom.

"Hello, Professor Lewis." she began softly.

"My transfer to the school was delayed, so unfortunately I had to sign up to your class late." She looked at the Professor, wide, green eyes hopeful.

"Will it be okay if I could still join your lessons, please?" she asked, her French accent rather heavy on the word "join."
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tobias Forsyte Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Tobi arrived and took a seat.

With how Mad gets it is best to just sit down and shut up or ZAP there go the points like dust, he thought.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 pm

"Morning, ma'am." Laedin muttered as he entered the classroom, quickly moving and sitting in his seat. He looked down at the equipment in front of him as he set his bag down on the floor, raising an eyebrow slightly. His lips twitched, wanting to form a smirk, but he stopped himself as he leaned back in his chair.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:49 am

"I am aware of your situation, Miss Bourque," Mad told the girl. "See that you come to me for what you missed last lesson after class.

"Have a seat."

The woman inclined her head in acknowledgement to Alexis and Laedin, and went back to waiting for the rest of her students.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 am

Anna walked into the class silently, her essay clutched in one hand. She sat down quietly next to Belle, knowing that it was better to shut up and be quiet rather than to lose a large amount of points. Setting her essay on the table, she began to read, looking out for any unwanted mistakes.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 am

Iris walked in hoping this day would do better than before and greeted Professor Lewis. "Good day, professor." She prepared her homework and smiled at her friends who were earlier.
    Rebecca Marks
    Rebecca Marks
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Marks Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 am

"Of course, Professor." she smiled.

"Thank you."

She looked around the classroom. The silence was unsettling. Belle guessed that the Professor must be quite harsh...She shrugged lightly. She seemed nice enough. Fair.

She smiled at Anna and began to flick through the Charms books she had memorised for the lesson.
    Koehl Saeva
    Koehl Saeva
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Koehl Saeva Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Koehl yawned and walked into the Charms classroom. She reminded herself that her essay was behind her book on Waterfellows. Koehl nodded to the professor, bidding her a good morning. She took a seat behind Anna, and raised an eyebrow. Oh what wonderous things shall we be doing today...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:02 am

Nat ran into the classroom, and seeing Anna sit next to another girl from Ravenclaw, she sat on the chair to her right, immdeiately flicking through her Charms essay. She was not in the mood to talk.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am

Alessa half-ran and entered the room, exasperated. She went towards the Professor's table, handing a small piece of parchment, which explains why she may be a bit late. "My parents took me for a while, see. My sister got sick and needed a... blood donation." She shrugged, went towards Iris and Alexis and smiled warily, half glancing at the Professor.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 am

Iris whispered at Alessa and avoided the glance of their professor. "Done your essay?" She chuckled and covered her mouth.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 am

Alessa gasped and chuckled. She glanced at the Professor and took a piece of parchment from her satchel. "I did it on my way back here," she said, waving it towards her table. "Sorry I had to leave you all - father's a bit demanding, you see, and they might hex me if ever I get a minute late." Alessa unrolled her parchment and reread the contents. "I'm not sure if it's right, though, since I crammed."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:13 pm

"Don't worry Less, you'll do fine. We could check it up if you wanted." I shrugged, it probably won't help with Professor Lewis watching, but it doesn't help to try, does it?
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 pm

"Understood, Miss Romano," said Mad, perusing the note. "Were you late today, this would have adequately excused you.

"Class has now started," declared Mad, shutting the door with a flick of her wand. "Now, from the items gathered on your desks, which of you can guess which charm we may be learning today?"
    Koehl Saeva
    Koehl Saeva
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Koehl Saeva Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Koehl thought for a moment. Last class, they had to do an essay on drying charms. Today, there was cloth, paper, and water. Really, it wasn't hard to figure out. She raised her hand shyly.

"I do believe we are learning drying charms today Professor Lewis."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:09 am

"A fair guess, Miss Saeva," Mad told the girl. "And if there is time, I will show you all drying charms. Five points for using sound logic.

"The main purpose of this lesson, however, contrary to what your latest essay topic would suggest is not drying charms, but water-repelling charms. Who can tell me the most common of these?"
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 am

"Impervious," Anna replied almost immediately.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 am

Iris raised her hand confidently and spoke. She had done her essay well enough to know the charms in that category. "Calefax and Exaresco are two common water-repelling charms professor."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:13 am

"Misses Tshering and Frances are both correct," Mad declared, "though, the focus of this lesson will be on Impervious. Five points, apiece.

"The wand movements can be found in your text on page one-hundred-six. You are to practice it on the various bits found on your table and them dunk them in the water," she directed. "Nobody gets it right the first time, and it takes a bit of practice to succeed entirely, so keep trying until you do.

"Once you have mastered Impervious, you may also practice Calefax and Exaresco. After everyone has managed the first charm, if you are interested, I can also teach you some Drying Charms, if you would like.

"Begin."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:55 am

Iris was glad to get house points and did what she was told. She damped the paper and cloth with the water and placed them neatly arranged. She flipped her Charms book to the mentioned page and practiced the wand movements. She whispered, "Impervious" but didn't succeed on the first try like what Professor Lewis said. She attempted a second try then a third. After the fourth, she did it finally. Iris sighed and practiced for Calefax and Exaresco. They were easier compared to Impervious. She asked the professor after some time about other charms regarding water-repelling. "Er, Professor Lewis? How do we conjure the Arefax and Inaresiccitas charms? I've included them in my essay." said Iris patiently.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 am

Alexis tapped the paper with her wand and said, 'Impervious!' then she proceeded to dip it into the water. At first it resisted getting wet, but after a few moments water begun to sip in. She took another peice of parchment, focused some more, and repeated the process. This time the parchment kept dry.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Anna took out a couple of pieces of even sized (well, as close as they could get) parchment. She dipped one of them carefully into the water, did the correct wand movement and muttered, "Impervious."

No result.

"Impervious," she recited, this time a little bit louder. The parchment looked like it was drying up, but with a touch of Anna's finger, it was still wet.

"Impervious!" Anna yelled a little too loudly. This time, when Anna checked them with her finger, it was dry.

Anna continued to practice her drying charms, including Sicca, a charm she had read in a book before, but it was very rarely used. That charm worked best for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:35 pm