Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Playing catch up (open)

Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Playing catch up (open) Empty Playing catch up (open)

Post by Aquila Turrow Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Aquila lugged his books and materals to a table in the back of the room with a deep sigh. He hated that he missed most of his first classes. Now he had loads of work to catch up on - two charms essays plus a load of spells.

Sighing he sat down and pulled out some parchment. This was going to be a long night.
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Playing catch up (open) Empty Re: Playing catch up (open)

Post by Jared Sinclair III Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 am

Riley went to the library to see if he could do some reading up on some classes before he started, He had already started late and wanted to get as much info as he could before the next lesson. Picking a few books with subjects on his classes he moved over to where the tables were. He saw another boy there he didn't know and who looked quite busy. Sitting his books and things down on one of the other tables he quietly took his as to not disturb the other boy.

After sitting there for a bit he started to get sleepy. He knew that it was because he was still trying to catch up to slep after having all those nightmares. Moving so he was comforatble in his chair he closed his eyes for a few but not falling asleep. It felt good to rest his eyes.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 am

After slogging through a few pages of the book on hover charms for his first essay, Aquila heard a noise and looked up to see another boy sitting down at one of the other tables. Looking closely it looked like... well it looked like the boy was falling asleep.

Aquila knew he should probably leave him alone but...

"You know," he whispered loud enough not to disterbe anyone else, but loud enough to be heard by the boy, "I find it easier to read a book when my eyes are open."

Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 am

"Yes you are quite right about the eyes being open," Riley replied sitting up, "But I am still catching up on my sleep and boring subjects and no sleep equals living zombie which is what I will be if I don't get some sleep. But then how am I to study if I can't get sleep? I have to rest my eyes every so often so I don't fall fully asleep."

Staring at the boy for a few Riley said, "I don't think I have seen you before, are you new to the school?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Aquila laughed softly at this and glanced at his own boring book, "Fair enough - you know they really should have a spell for that, reading while asleep - it would save so much time." He laughed at his own little half joke.

"Yepp - I started late," he said with a what can you do shrug then he shook his head, "Parents - what can you do?" Of course his parents were a little... crazier?... than most but... he still loved them.

He just wished them be a little less... crazy.

He held out his hand and grinned like a mad man, "Aquila Turrow, at your service."
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Riley smiled at Aquila and said, "Yes if only there were a spell like that I would be set for life."

Yeah I know my parents are just crazy as well. Sometimes I just want to say I don't know them. They freaked out when they found out I was a wizard. They are muggles you see and it didn't go too well with me so they keep me from school here for 2 yrs. They finally had to give in but I was fine with that."

Taking his hand he said, "I am Riley Hunter, pleased to meet you Aquila. So you are catching up on work as well huh!"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 pm

"That will be my life goal - to create that very spell," Aquila declaired his air of importance ruined by the grin on his face.

"I know what you mean," Aquila said with a nod - except for him of course it was a little more than that. There were moments when he didn't want to know them - at all not just pretend... but Riley didn't need to know that, "My parents are just the opposite they..." he trailed off, being Muggleborn his parents oppinions and some of the ones he himself was trying to push aside after years of them being stuffed at him, would just offend the boy. "Let's just say they like magic and leave it at that."

After a quick handshake Aquila took his hand back, "Yes! I have mounds of it," he looked at his desk in dismay for a moment and then put on an air of mock-offence, "It's as if these people don't know who I am," he said haughtily ignoring the small voice that was reminding him he sounded like his parents.
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 am

Not wanting to press more and upset the kid Riley just let it go.

"Oh you are someone important," Riley said seriously, "I had no idea since I have been out of the Wizarding world since birth you know. I also know what you mean about work. I am trying to read up on as much as I can so I am not too far behind when I start class. I can always use a tutor but no one seems to want to," he said sighing
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 am

"No, no," Aquila laughed, "I'm not important, I just think I am. Its a fact - ask my brother."

"Yeah, I got two charms essays to do," he shook his head, "I would offer my tutilage but... you are years ahead of me, and I'm not nearly as smart as I like to think I am." He paused a moment and then smiled mischievously once more, "Don't get me wrong, I'm smart, just not smart enough for that."

He turned to look at the needle in front of him. He had managed to master the first spell and change it from a match stick, but now the lesson he has mostly missed today was stumping him as much as the rest, "I'm also apparently not smart enough to change steel to iron either."
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 am

"Well as you can see," he said point to his own pile to stuff, "I am overloaded with stuff to do as well."

"Well you have one on me then as I have no idea how to even transfigure anything yet. I have so much to catch up on I think I might die first!" he sighed.

Sitting down he said, "I haven't been getting much sleep as of late either so it makes things worse."

He sat there for a few moments before slamming his hand on the table, "Damn those nightmares and everything that has come with them." He was so engrossed in his thoughts he forgot the boy was there for a few moments.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 pm

"Professors," he shook his head grinning at both piles on the desks.

"You'll be fine - transfiguration isn't too bad. You just need focus; imagine what you're changing, what you want it to become and how it got there and you will be fine." He stared at the needle for a moment before shrugging and pushing it aside, "Unless of course you don't know how it changes from one thing to the other."

Aquila jumped as the boy slapped his hand on the table; the sound seemed louder in the quiet library, "What kind of nightmares? The going to school in your underwear type, or..." he trailed off not entirely sure how to put his other option into words.
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 am

"Yeah I am sure I will learn fine enough," he said agreeing.

"Oh sorry," he said apologetically, "I didn't mean to make you jump like that. I was having nightmares. They were umm," he said upset that he had even brought this subject up because it was bad enough he had to endure what they had in them even though he had been taking a potion to not have them, "visions of me dying. Some girls I didn't know kept trying to tell me that they could just be visions and that I could change them but for some reason I can't quite explain I just know they spell my death no matter what."

Sitting there just thinking about those nightmares Riley started to cry. He had them so often now that he didn't need to have them anymore to be haunted by them.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Playing catch up (open) Empty Playing catch up

Post by Flora Evans Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:33 am

Flora didn't expect anyone to be here, just an hour before curfew. She herself was planning on checking out some books to read in her dorms.
    Than she heard voices and one of them sounded like Aquila. She walked upto them to hear the other boy burst into tears due to nightmares.
    'Or they may be just that, you know, nightmares. And they might just be coming back because you can't shake them out of your mind? Hey Aquila, reading cause you should, huh?' She took a chair and straddled it, resting her elbow on the headrest.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Aquila listened to Riley explain his dreams. He wanted to help but when the other boy start to cry he felt more than a little helpless. He search for some idea in his head, and was about to say something when Flora showed up.

"Flora Evans," Aquila smiled at the girl, and then laughed looking down at his book, "I'm I really that perdictable?" He pouted pretending to look wounded.

He turned back to Riley, "I don't really know what to say... In the Wizarding world dreams are... tricky. Sometimes they are what Flora said just a dream... and other times they're..." he shrugged, "I guess you just have to believe whichever one you think is best for you - be on the look out if you really think that..."

He trailed off and glanced at Riley who was still crying. Well, he thought, that has to change.

"You know I had a dream once," he started rattling off to distract him, "Where I was out in some town with my brother and I teased a dog into attacking me. My arm was all bloody and I was all..." he trailed off and pretended to think for a moment, "Oh wait - that one wasn't a dream. It actually happened," he laughed even though he had really known that the whole time. He leaned over to Flora and whispered conspiritorially, "I don't like dogs."
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 am

Riley looked up when a girl walked in. Trying to clean himself up he wiped his cheeks clean of his tears.

"I don't know about these dreams or nightmares. All I know is that I hate them. They may not be visions and they may be. All I want is to not see them again."

"Wait you were attacked by a dog once?" He asked interest perked. "That must have been horrible."
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Playing catch up (open) Empty Playing Catch Up

Post by Flora Evans Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 am

"I don't mind dogs. But I'd not like them attacking me either." She smiled at Aquilla. Then she turned to Riley, "I thought Occlumency helps blocking nightmares. Doesn't they? Why don't you try talking to the Occlumency instructor?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:03 pm

"Why do you think I don't like them?" Aquila laughed merrily, "Worst part was once I was all healed, and everyone was assured I wasn't going to die; I had to hear about how it was my own fault." He shrugged and continuedd in a mock-surprised voice, "who knew if you bugged a dog long enough it was liable to jump on you with it's claws and teeth," he shivered despite himself. Aquila really did not like dogs.

"That," Aquila said pointing to Flora, "Is a good idea; I'd also go talk to the divination teacher... I don't know if she can help or not, but I heard she had a few visions or predictions of her own... she might be able to tell you the difference between the two - you know dream or future."
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 am

"I think I will try that. Thanks you two you've been a big help. My name is Riley by the way," he said to Flora.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:01 am

"A pleasure meeting you Riley. I'm Flora, as you know already, I think." She smiled at him. "Ok, so what are we studying here?"
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Aquila play pouted, "Everyone already knows me. I don't get to introduce myself."

Then looking down at his books he pouted for real.

"Everything," he whinned petulently as he had a tendancy to do; then he smiled, "Unless you want to do it for me, and then find a spell to put your knowledge into my head. I would be perfectly fine with that."

He playfully shoved his books at Flora, "Get to work; I'm going to take a nap."
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Flora rolled her eyes, 'Some Ravenclaw you are. Ok, so let's start with Transfiguration. I didn't really get his concept. Sounded more like Alchemy to me.'
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 pm

"Hey! I am a perfectly fine Ravenclaw," Aquila laughed, "No where in the discription does it say I can't be lazy and smart."

"Well, I missed about half the class as it was and haven't had much sucess," he held up his still Iron needle, "However... I guess in a lot of ways Transfiguration is a lot like Alchemy - though Alchemists were focused only on changing any metal to Gold whcih you can't do without a Philiospher's stone because..." he smiled and laughed, "I don't actually know excatly why, I just know you can't."

He turned and smiled at the older boy, "Got any thoughts on that?"
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:36 am

"Me?" he said looking around playfully, "I wouldn't know the first thing about magic. That is why I am here looking at all of these dang books for who knows how long"

"I see this pile here," he said pointing at his stack of books, "and I see a mountain that is impossible to climb yet I must do so and be victorious."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:28 am

"Ahh determination," Aquila sighed dramatically, "It is such a fine and admirable quality to have. It is a real shame I don't, have it that is," he proceeded to shake his head and continue his dramitcs, "I could have been so much but now..." he looked at his books for a long moment before cracking and laughing.

"You could always do what I'm doing and make Flora do your work and use my new mystical knowledge transfering spell," he leaned across the table to the Ravenclaw girl, "Don't think that crack against my house eligablity got you off the hook."
    Jared Sinclair III
    Jared Sinclair III
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Jared Sinclair III Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:26 am

"Two Ravens conspiring together? I think this school is doomed," Riley said laughing.

"I could have her do my work if there was any but I don't think I can put her through reading all this boring stuff just so I can relax."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm