Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Sitting Alone (Open)

Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Sitting Alone (Open) - Page 3 Empty Re: Sitting Alone (Open)

Post by Nova Doherty Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Nova was on her way back to the professors compartments when she heard a discussion about the wizard/muggle war. She then realized that it was her little Dimi talking about the war with some girls. The young professor was just about to enter when one of the girls said she's a muggleborn.

She stopped for a moment, unsure if she should bother the kids with her presence, but she was interested how the discussion will end. Not wanting to eavesdrop anymore she came in and politely introduced herself to two girls a bit older than Dimitri.

Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 am

Iva nodded seriously, not getting the humor in this situation. "Exactly," She frowned at J.J.'s smile, "They are dangerous,"

Iva stared at the hufflepuff, a blankness filling her eyes. The thought of a muggle born seemed so odd to her. Her family had always talked to were always pure bloods or half bloods. Anything else was below her status. She should have guessed though; just because the "unfortunate" family member was a squib, didn't mean J.J.'s brother was.

What was the thing her father had always said? You are only as good as the company you keep. Do not lower yourself for others.

Iva shook her head to herself, getting the man's words out of her head. Realizing she had been quiet for some time now, Iva stuttered, "I am a pureblood,"

Then the professor came in, introducing herself as Doherty or something. Redirecting her hate and confusion, Iva rounded her head and sneered.

"It is impolite to walk into a conversation and..." The English word for conversation escaped her, so she merely restated, "It is impolite."

She threw her hair over her shoulder again, smiling a nasty smile. Her Russian accent smooth her vowels, making her voice thick and dark. "Do Brittish parents teach their kids manners?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:11 am

J. J. watched the girls face go blank. It was what she had thought; her reaction to being Muggleborn was going to end up being less than satisfactory. Leaving Iva to her thoughts - which were either conflicting (she hoped were conflicted, she had the sense that Iva was fond of her) or just harsh - J. J. kept her eyes glued to the window.

"It must be nice to always know what you are - to always have magic," she paused for a moment as a thought came to her. Usually she kept most of her thoughts in her head, but for some reason, today she was feeling a desire to speak out.

"I know that many Purebloods look down on Muggleborns," she was very careful to make it a general statement and not in anyway make it appear as if she was accusing Iva of such a thought, "but I don't see much difference besides the place I was raised. Sure I may not have known magic my whole life, but the fact is that I can do it, and I like to think just as well as you, or any other Witch or Wizards... maybe even some of them better." She had found last year that she had a nack for Charms, many of them, once the concept was explained to her, coming with quite easy.

"Hello Professor," she said softly, wincing a little at Iva's comments.

She turned to the girl, not knowing, what with everything that she just said if she was the best person to diffuse the situation, but she felt like she had to try.

"I believe most parents do try," she said conversationally, "but I don't know if everyone has the same ideals when it comes to mannors; my Mama interupts more converstions in a day than you probably make."

She gave a little laugh and shook her head at the memory of her mother.

"I don't remember seeing you at Hogwarts last year- What class do you teach Professor Doherty?"
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:06 am

"I'm so sorry that I disturbed you, but I heard Dimi so I wanted to say hello to him. It wasn't my intention to eavesdrop but I couldn't help not to hear what you are talking about." she said apologetically.

"Still, that doesn't give you the right to talk to me without respect. I'm still a professor, even if the school year hasn't started yet, and you'll treat me like one in any case. Do you want to be responsible for your house entering the new school year with minus points?"

Nova almost smiled when she finished that sentence sharply, with her strong and confident voice coming from a spot in her she forgot she had. That was her first real professor duty and she hoped she left a good impression while doing that. She didn't want kids to stop respecting her because of her age and she would never let anyone be rude to her. Maybe that was the pureblood part of her talking then, but it was mostly her pride that gave that threat to the, probably, Russian girl.

The young professor turned to Dimi and the other, more polite girl.

"I'm new dear, I'll be teaching flying this year.", she responded to her question.

Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Acting out of her normal nature, Iva sighed meekly. Sure, everything J.J. had said was correct, but she sure wasn't proud of it. "You are a fine witch, J.J. I do not look down on you. Your life is probably better than mine,"

But she did look down on her and it killed her inside.

Looking back at the teacher, she spat out, "Of course, professor. I would not want to hurt your pride, no? Especially if you are the flying teacher,"

Some part of Iva knew she was taking this too far, but she couldn't stop herself. Grinning sarcastically, she said, "I would just hate to lose points, you know?"
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 pm

(ooc: speaking in Russian)

"Then we'll make sure you don't lose any. 2 weeks detention starting the first week of school, and I'll talk to your the head of your house about your behavior. Good for you my pride can't be hurt that easily. Flying is a honorable job, a lot of people are bad at it and I love teaching them to do better. I wonder are you any good at it."

She ignored the girl and again turned to the other one, JJ, she heard the Russian girl called her. "Some of the best witches and wizards I know are muggleborns. I'm a pureblood and it never bothered me that some of my friends are muggleborns. Don't ever let anybody treat you as you are not equal to them because of that. Your skill is what matters the most."

(OOC: I love Iva! She's so bad!)
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Russian. Iva winced as if this was a personal attack. Recovering quickly, Iva nodded, "Go ahead. Tell the head of Slytherin. I am not afraid. I dare you,"

When the teacher asked about flying, Iva snorted. "I can fly just fine! I do not even take that stupid class!"

((OOC: Thank you, ))
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

"This discussion is over.", she said calmly. "You are acting very childish, but that's okay cause you are a child."
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Iva nodded, facing away from the mere girl. She was so young- she couldn't be a professor. " Fine," She snapped, "See you in detention then,"

Iva had found trouble again, and the school year hadn't even started.She crunched her forehead in dismay, thinking about the year to come.

How bothersome.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 pm

J. J. watched the two go back and forth, seeing Iva digging herself a deeper hole, but she kept her thoughts to herself. Just because she was completely passive didn't mean that anyone wanted to hear her suggestion for it.

The Professor slipped into the what J. J. again assumed was Russian. She didn't understand what was said but from Iva's expression she felt as if it was far from good news.

"Thank you Professor," she said calmly once the other two were finished, " I won't."

"Flying? That sounds like a fun class to teach," she added conversationally. "I should probably talk that class but I just couldn't find the time."
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Iva watched J.J. with careful jealously. How come she was so passive and nice? Iva would give the world to be like her. The two chatted and iva started to grow dazed.

"My head hurts," She mumbled, rubbing her temples, "Are we there yet?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 am

J. J. gave Iva a sympathetic smile, but could offer no help other than, "I imagine we will be there shortly."

She paused for a moment and looked back to her window. Silence decended on the compartment. Before long J. J. began to feel suffocated by it. Somehow she felt as if it might have been her fault. If she had just kept her mouth shut... at some point in time they possibly wouldn't be in this mess.

So of course it makes perfect sense that she would try to fix it by talking some more.

She turned to Dimitri who hadn't spoken in quite sometime and gave him a grin.

"So, Mr. No-talk; tell me about yourself," she more or less demanded, "Lie for all I care - its not like I can prove it, but give me some tidbit - amuse me. What's your favourite colour? Favourite food? Do you have anymore siblings other than the professor we do not like? Got yourself a girl?"

She blushed a bit as the last one came out of her mouth without much of a thought, but she refused to back down. She was going to include Dimitri in a converstation whether he liked it or not.
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 pm

She messed with Dimis hair, talked about flying a bit and then explained she has to go check on other students.

"Goodbye", she said politely, looking at all 3 of them.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Fixing his hair and wawing goodbye to Nova, he turned to Iva first.

"Do not make that face!" he sighed sarcastically, "It makes you seem like a muggle- pitiful. Toughen up!"

He laughed when he rephrased her words. You got what you deserved, he thought to himself.

"Black, well, it isn't a color but I look awesome in black things", he responded to JJs question. "Pizza. I have a sister too. Don't like her eather."

He paused after the gf question. "No, I'm kind of still 11. When I'm 12, I'll put myself on the market.", he said while smiling, at the same moment realizing he isn't bothered by the fact that JJ is a muggleborn.

"How bout you?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:25 pm

J. J. smiled and gave the professor a wave as she left.

She gave a soft chuckle at his first response, "Go with what you look good in - always a good method."

The girl nodded along to the rest of his answers. She thought it was kind of sad that he didn't get along with either of his siblings, but then she remembered that at the moment she was only getting on with one out of three of her own herself so there wasn't much she felt like saying on that topic.

"Me?" she raised an eyebrow at him while she tried to remember all the questions she fired out only moments before.

"Let's see, I've always kind of liked white... also not a colour," she gave him a little smirk, "But its nice - and everything goes with it."

"Bread - I can go crazy for any kind of bread... and I have two more siblings other than Zach. None of them have magic."

She nodded to that.

"Lets see, if twelve is the required 'on the market' age I guess that's what I am, but," she shrugged non-chalent, "I'm not that interesting."
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Iva sneered at the boy, then smirked. "Good, you are learning," She said, "One day you will be a real Slytherin,"

She watched the two go back and forth about colours and foods and relationships, but Iva simply sat quietly, nodding as if in agreement with what they were speaking about.

"I find you interesting, J.J." She mumbled,
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:30 pm

J. J. gave the girl a small smile, "Thank you Iva."

She didn't entirely believe her - she was probably the most uninteresting person out there, willing to please almost anyone, push over tendancies - but it was still a kind thing to say.

Sighing slightly she suddenly felt very tired. It made some sense, she hadn't slept very well the week before anyways, but she didn't want to fall asleep. Not here or now, on the train.

She tried to find something else to say but no matter how hard she racked her brain she couldn't come up with a single word. Giving up, she rested her forhead on the cool glass of the window and watched the scenery blur past her eyes.

Oh hush thee, my baby...

The words to an old lullaby her mother use to sing her sprung into her head, and she found herself softly humming the tune as the train's movement lulled her into an odd sort of trance.
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

"I like to hear you talk," Iva ressured her, "You truly are,"
    Iva sat quietly, listening to J.J. hum. She leaned back, closing her eyes in peace. She had slept well the night before, yet sleep still filled her eyes.

Her body heavy with sleep, with managed to rub her eyes and whisper, "Sing for me, J.J. Please."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 am

J. J. broke out of her trance slightly at Iva's request; her eyebrows rose up slightly, "You want me to sing?"

She gave Iva a questioning glance, before shooting a nervous one at Dimitri. Public singing wasn't something she did much - or at all, but well Iva did ask.

"Well you asked for it," she gave a nervous laugh.

Again she glanced at the other two in the compartment, and felt a lump in her throat. She wasn't going to be able to do this looking at them looking at her.

Clearing her throat, she turned back to the window. now or never.

When she opened her mouth the words to the lullaby that had been running in her head came easily.

"Oh hush the my baby," her tone started off slightly weak, due to her nerves, but it was soft and her voice fed well to the slow melodic vibe of the lullaby, "the night is behind us."

As she got more into the old lullaby and forgot about the others in the compartment her voice grew stronger, and although by no means was she ready to make a record the whole thing was nice enough.

"And black waters that sparkled, so green. The moon, looks downward to find us," she paused a moment to take a breath, "At rest in hollows that rustle between."
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Iva nodded approvingly, as if J.J. was her child, not her friend. She curled her knees up to her chest, resting her head upon them.

The song reminded Iva of a song her mother would sing back in Russia while she cleaned the dishes with the house elf every night while Iva would eat her daily dessert near the fire. It familiarity to it lulled Iva, making her relax and sigh.

To herself, Iva smiled. Not the small, polite one she usually had, but a large, genuine smile.

"Thank you,"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 am

J. J. glanced over her shoulder at Iva and gave her a little grin, "Your Welcome."

The girl looked more relaxed, and happy than J. J. could remember seeing her. Giving her another small smile and a nod, she turned back towards her small window corner. She wanted to give her the moment.

Blinking tiredly she curled into the corner, feeling calm herself.

And sleepy - so very very sleepy.

Closing her eyes against her will she continued to hum softly, dwindingly slowly as she drifted off into sleep.
    Iva Popov
    Iva Popov
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Iva Popov Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 am

Iva saw that the girl had fallen asleep, and she didn't bother to wake her. Iva stood up slowly and headed to the door.

"Good night, J.J.," She purred, walking out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 pm